Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:19 PM

The greatest substance ever. drinker

Nope. That would be a Snickers ice cream bar. laugh :wink:
Did you guys get a lot of damage from the storm on your end of town?

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:06 PM

I thought a heater was a gun or a joint.noway Learn something new every day.

Good evening star. Have I told you I enjoy reading you? Good sense of humor.

Kat

flowerforyou ((((((KAT))))))flowerforyou
It was that last hit of acid so many years ago that kept saying "avoid the red dragon, you only have two brain cells left". One was humor and the other was intelligence.laugh I have to live with humor.:tongue:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:59 PM

flowerforyou I think Abra is gonna be a devoted Christian somedayflowerforyou
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:54 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Tue 05/27/08 01:58 PM
laugh blushing Nah, just a cow walking through the pasture of life trying to avoid stepping in a pile but when I do I scrape it off my hoof and moooove on.laugh :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9gMzreWAw

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:42 PM

we are all different, different beliefs and values. Be open nothing should be black and white accept others learn to love people for who they are

For some that is much easier said than done. Most people are too self centered and selfish don't you think? It is all about them and what they want. One way streets leading to dead ends?

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:38 PM

VERY, VERY, VERY.....A house divided against itself will FALL:cry:

:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:36 PM

How important is the faith (or lack of) of your significant other in relation to yours?
flowerforyou I like to learn about what others believeflowerforyou

Hey mirror. flowerforyou Always the voice of reason and understanding of others. Thanks for who you are pal. flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:33 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Tue 05/27/08 01:34 PM
How important is the faith (or lack of) of your significant other in relation to yours? Do you see potential problems with different views or can you live with the differences?

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 01:13 PM

Depends on who you ask. I am somebody to some and nobody to others.laugh
Belushi, why don't you start that thread? It sounds interesting. flowerforyou

What thread?

A thread pertaining to philosophical discussions. Metaphysics, etc. I think it would be interesting. drinker If it takes off maybe they will create a forum? I think it was Jeannie or abra that expressed an interest in it as well.

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 11:12 AM

What is true faith?

And how do you know when you have it?

When you're no longer offended by people who believe differently from you. Only then do you have true faith.

Otherwise, you have no faith at all.

flowerforyou

I respectfully disagree.

I believe that people who have faith can be offended, but there are varying degrees of faith.

I don't think that you either have faith or you don't.

I think people can have no faith, weak faith, lukewarm or strong faith.

But even strong faith can lead to pride, which must be avoided.

JMO

The cow wishes to second that. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 11:01 AM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Tue 05/27/08 11:02 AM
Depends on who you ask. I am somebody to some and nobody to others.laugh
Belushi, why don't you start that thread? It sounds interesting. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 10:53 AM

laugh love that one everytime I hear it Debs.

dare I ask, what is smoking a heater?

:smile:

laugh A heater is a cigarette Britty. :wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 10:48 AM
All this talk about water! I have to pee.:cry:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 05:59 AM
laugh Morning Britty! flowerforyou Off to work. I hope you all have a blessed day!:wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 04:58 AM
((((((Morning Song)))))
I find great humor in the world around me. I see what happens to people when they grow up. laugh Life is too short to be so serious. When I die I envision myself taking a walk on the lake with Jesus, smoking fine cigars and sharing jokes about Bill Clinton.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 09:00 PM
A resounding Amenflowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:51 PM

Welcome Thomas and star_tin......have fun in your corner...I promise we won't bit....maybe a lil nibble but no bites...gigglesnort.

I'll bet you say that to all the cows sporting earrings and smoking a heater. laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:45 PM

The World Trade Center bombing was in 2001. 9-11-01

Must have been some other World Trade Center.:wink:
yeah, what was I thinking?flowerforyou

((((Hiker))))flowerforyou Half the time I couldn't tell you what day it currently is. Work work work.laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:39 PM

I think the big motivators in life are,...

Love
Lust
Fear
Curiosity

All of these can be either good or bad motivators. It all depends on what your goal is. But these are the driving factors.

I think in my entire life was mostly motivated by curiosity. And for me that took the form of intellectual pursuits, mostly in the areas of the natural sciences and mathematics.

My second motivation was probably love. With lust being a motivation in many cases (lust for material things like a new motorcycle etc).

Unfortunately sex was never a motivator for me. Not that I didn't enjoy sex, but I seriously don't believe I ever lusted after sex. I'd rather have the motorcycle. laugh

Fear was never a motivating factor in my life at any level. I have always been pretty much fearless. I could also never understand the concept of fearing God. Why would anyone fear God? Unless they thought they were a bad person?

One thing I've always believed is that if there is a God he/she/it must surely like me. After all, I know that I'm a likable person, even if people hate what I have to say on religious forums. laugh

But like I say, Curiosity (and the desire to create and design things, which I would tuck into that same category) was definitely my major motivation for almost everything I've ever done in my entire life.

Now, in light of the invitation to go to Reno, lust is starting to look mighty good. blushing

Yes abra, I am one of those that is irritated by your posts but I do genuinely think you are a fine fellow. flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:27 PM
Um, don't mind me. Just gonna sit in the corner and watch the world go by for a while.sick