Community > Posts By > star_tin_gover

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 06:18 PM

Um, it would be four cups.blushing (vitamin) D cups. Have you tried Lane Bryant? laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker :wink:

Yeah. You're right. I guess I have been paying too much attention to my dog. My sister told me since is about to have puppies that I should feed her more because she is going to be more hungrier because she is in the family way. I should of have remembered that about cows. I just haven't checked any cows out in a long time; I have been paying more attention to women. We used to have the Jersey on the farm growing up till it got massititis? sp. By the way being an animal person would you know what would be the best food for a pregnant dog? She is half Spitz and half German Schnauzer and she mated with a Chiachua? sp. You know one of those Spanish dogs. I can't wait to see what the puppies will look like.:smile:

Schnauzers are cool dogs. Man! It sounds like they will be puppies with attitudes for sure.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 06:09 PM
Is this smother Redy with love day? Oki doki:wink:
:heart: flowerforyou smooched flowerforyou :heart: smooched ((((((((((DI)))))))))smooched :heart: flowerforyou smooched flowerforyou :heart:

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 06:00 PM
laugh laugh laugh The cow says...... eat mor chikin. laugh laugh laugh :wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 05:50 PM

Just fix your eyes on Jesus....cause when all the different denominations get to heaven, we will all find out that all our denominational differences didn't matter anyway....cause we all still believe in the same Jesus

Amen.

I do not belong to any denomination, but a personal relationship with Jesus, however I appreciate and value
others.
flowerforyou

Woo hoo! Same here! The cow agrees. I would raise my glass to you but sadly I lack opposing thumbs..... and fingers, so I will let the pink guy do it for me. drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 05:46 PM

I don't know what happend to all the threads either, and whatever you think, Farel, I was not making a beef with Wouldee, I was just making a comment that should have been said plainly. Wouldee is right you (Christians) are held to a higher standard. It may not appear to be fair but you have placed yourselves in that position with your faith.

That being the case it is you who needs to set precident in accordance with the WORDS you teach and live by. Do understand what Wouldee was saying?

I watched that thread from it's inception, if lines had not been drawn by the Christians posting there, it would not have progressed as it did. I'm not saying they started it all, what I'm saying is that as Christians they should have neither continued nor started the drawing of lines. I said it before, this is how Christians make the label a less desireable one to be grouped under.

NOW - If I'm going to participate in this thread, then surely I can contribut as well as ask. I have learned some of life's greatest lessons from a child, wouldn't it be amazing if a Christian leaned something from an atheist?

We all learn from each other. Life's lessons come from all directions including from within. flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 04:26 AM

This world is full of many colors, that is what makes it gorgeous. Myself personally, i enjoy differences, i wouldnt have any issues what so ever with a mate who has different relgious beliefs!!
drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 04:25 AM

But on the otherhand, star where would I find a eight cup bra. Maybe I will just stick to women.:smile:

Um, it would be four cups.blushing (vitamin) D cups. Have you tried Lane Bryant? laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker :wink:

star_tin_gover's photo
Wed 05/28/08 04:22 AM

You are okay, star. I am partial to Jerseys because they give more cream. No offense to Black Angus because I am told they make good mothers or even to Herefords because I am told the beef quality is good. I guess I am more of a Bordenite because I like the contented type.laugh
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker drinker drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:24 PM

I am somebody,, I breathe, I cry, I get angry,, I am full of emotions
I believe every being is somebody,,

I am in control of my life my existance My well being,, right or
wrong,,, I am somebody

I believe life here is just an extention of our Future,, A life in
which I believe I once lived long ago,, a continuing circle of
life,,,

I wake up as do you I sleep as do you,,, I look at life as a
blessing,, and take the negative out if at all possible,,,

My body, mind and Soul are as one,,, and when balanced
daily,, the Flow well,, in my Eyes is quite amazing,,,

I meditate,, I pray,, maybe not to the same God as others
My worldly advisor I like to call him/her,,,lol...

I will continue to seek Knowledge to enlighten my Spirit,,
Within I will ponder what is needed and cast away what
is not,,,,

I am human and so not perfect yet I am perfect for me
My Imperfections are lovely to me...

flowerforyou ((((((Denise))))))flowerforyou Perfect timing. Thank you.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:21 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou ((((madam))))flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I am sorry that I have no words of wisdom. Nothing to offer but prayers.

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 07:14 PM

I am attracted to women. Pray for me.

As you wishflowerforyou
Lord, I pray that RT would no longer be attracted to women. I also pray that you would ask him just why it is that he is wanting me to pray for that. Amen
flowerforyou There ya go. Anything else I can do for you?flowerforyou
It's your call brother. You can pick whatever you want to be attracted to, just not cows. Mkay? Still hurting from farmer Brown's last trip to the barn.drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 06:57 PM

to me not at all a person is who they are i wouldn't change them,

I see by your profile that you are 18. Hopefully you have many years ahead of you. Please don't lose your view. flowerforyou drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 06:39 PM

The greatest substance ever. drinker

Nope. That would be a Snickers ice cream bar. laugh :wink:
Did you guys get a lot of damage from the storm on your end of town?

Yeah lost a big branch in the front yard. Nothing to the houses around here though. drinker

As you know Hugo got hammered! Was meeting with my insurance agent today and she was headed for a full week of appointments. It was a close one. I watched it go over the south east metro and it looked like an alien craft coming over. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Glad to hear you all made it through.drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 04:58 PM

Happy to see you all here, though I'm not sure all are accounted for. But I hope everyone will be. Battles can sometimes take a toll.

I found the following informative. After what I saw yesterday on the thread that no longer exists, I thought the following might be an appropriate lesson to review.

No debate, feel free to discuss it, I'll listen.

http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=512

Slander
Series: The Power of Words

Leslie Basham: The enemy of our souls loves it when we engage in slander. Here's Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: The word that is often translated "slander" in the New Testament is also the word from which we get the English words "devilish" or "diabolic."

Leslie Basham: It's Tuesday, August 19; and you're listening to Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Satan is sometimes called the accuser. When we accuse others we're acting just like him. Let's find out more as Nancy tells us about some evil twins, gossip and slander.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: I saw an episode of I Love Lucy not too long ago that gave a demonstration of something that the Proverbs talks about much and that is the whole area of gossip.
We've been talking about the tongue and how our tongues have power to wound or to heal. We've been looking at the verse in Proverbs 18:21 and I've encouraged you to memorize at least the first part of this verse.

Post it in different places where you'll see it throughout the day. That phrase that says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue."

And we've been looking at many different aspects in the Book of Proverbs, there's a lot all throughout the Scripture about the tongue; but we've been focusing specifically on what Proverbs has to say about the tongue.

We come today to this whole subject of gossip which is prominently referenced in the Book of Proverbs. And I think about an I Love Lucy episode where Lucy was on the phone with a friend and they were talking about Betty.

When Lucy got off the phone, Ricky said to her, "Lucy, gossiping is wrong."

Lucy said, "Who, me, gossiping?"

Ricky said, "What do you call what you were doing on the phone?"

And Lucy said, "Well it wasn't gossiping. I prefer to think of it as a mutual exchange of vital information. Anyway, she was gossiping. I was just listening and that isn't gossip."

Well, the Scripture has a lot to say about this thing called gossip. And it is one of the characteristics that we see in the Book of Proverbs that is not harmless.

It can, in fact, be deadly. Gossiping words can wound, can destroy. We're going to see that the mouth of the foolish is a mouth that speaks words of gossip.

Now slander is something that's closely related to gossip. There is a bit of a difference between them.

Joe Stowell has a wonderful book called The Weight of Your Words. And he suggests that slander is the open, intentional sharing of damaging information.

"Gossip, on the other hand, is often done," Dr. Stowell says, "in the context of idle or careless chatter." Both of these are very damaging and dangerous.

Gossip, we can fall into when we're just not thinking. It may not be intentional, just in the context of a group of women. We get together and start talking about things we've heard or seen or experienced or heard from others. And in that context of careless chatter, we can end up sinning with our lips.

Now the word "slander" means "to blemish" or "to fault" or "to speak against." It's interesting that in the New Testament (the original language, as you know, in which the New Testament was written was the Greek language) the word that is often translated "slander" in the New Testament is also the word from which we get the English words "devilish" or "diabolic."

You say, "What's the connection between slander and devilish or diabolic?" There's a real close connection because who is the original slanderer? Satan is. He's the accuser of the brethren.
And so in the King James, the word "diabolic" or diabolos is translated slander. If you have an NIV it's translated "malicious talkers." It means the same thing, to say words about another person that are malicious.
We learn in 1 Timothy 3 [:11] one of the qualifications for the wife of a deacon (one of the spiritual leaders or spiritual servants in the church) is that she is not to engage in slanderous, literally diabolic, or malicious speech.

Do you know that if you're a slanderer that you disqualify your husband from having a place of spiritual leadership in the church? As a wife you can so sin with your lips that your husband is not free to serve God in ways that he may be otherwise qualified to do.

When we slander we are really using the weapons and the instruments and the methods of the devil himself.
Proverbs 10:18 says: "Whoever spreads slander is a fool." And as I read that verse I have to ask myself the question, "Have I been foolish?"

And I know the answer is yes, at many points. In things that I have said about another person that either are not true or may be true but are malicious and are designed to pull down and pull down that person's reputation.

Destructive words. Proverbs 16:27 tells us: "An ungodly man digs up evil, and it is on his lips like a burning fire." He digs up evil. He's receptive to evil things that he hears about other people.

And those things are on his lips like a burning fire. He's got to get rid of them. He's got to share them with others. That ungodly man, it's a word that means "scoundrel." This is an ugly way to use our tongues. And his words are incendiary. They burn like fire. They blaze out of control.

As I meditated on these verses, I thought back to a few occasions when I had been a victim of someone saying things that weren't true, a victim of slander.

And I remember back to one particular instance; it was probably about 20 years ago. But if I think about that situation, I can relive it as though it were yesterday.

It hurt so deeply at the time. The memory of it is still painful. Someone just carelessly (I don't think there was an intent to be malicious in this case) came to conclusions that were not true and shared them with others.

It hurt my reputation, it hurt my pride and God used that instance in a way that was sanctifying in my life. I can look back on it and thank the Lord for what He taught me through it.
But now I'm instructed as I think back on that occasion and a few others and I have to trust my own reputation to God. But what have I done to the reputation of others.

I was in a meeting not too long ago where we were talking about various ministries and Christian workers. Somebody's name came up, somebody that I actually respect very highly, a great servant of the Lord.

But there are some aspects of that person's view of the Scripture where I have a different understanding of the Scripture. For some reason I felt compelled in that setting, and it was not necessary, but I just felt compelled to say what I knew.

And I realized as I got out of that meeting that I had put that other servant of the Lord in a bad light. I had not helped their reputation.

And it wasn't a situation where, by speaking what I knew, it was going to enhance the cause of Christ or that it needed to be said. I was just saying something that I knew, that didn't need to be said.

I got out of that meeting and I was so convicted that I had slandered that person's reputation that I got on my cell phone, before I left town. I was on my way out of town and I got a hold of the first person I could who had been in that meeting.
I said, "I was so wrong. I should not have given that negative report of that other servant of the Lord. Their works can speak for themselves but I didn't need to point this out. Would you please forgive me?"

And I couldn't get hold of the others at the moment but I felt I needed to address it so when I got home, I wrote a letter to the others who had been in that meeting and again sought forgiveness for having slandered the reputation of that servant of the Lord.

If you will deal with these issues as they surface you'll find that it puts a restraint on your tongue because I don't want to have to write those kinds of letters very often.
I don't want to have to make those kinds of calls very often. I've had to make them more often than I'd like to admit. If you'll deal in humility with those things as God convicts you, then you'll find God uses that to bring your tongue under control.

And so we need to be asking as we speak, "Is this a good report? Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary?"(Philippians 4:8).

You know, we're going to move on in the next session to the twin or cousin of slander which is gossip. But before we do I'd like to just part on that verse we started with from Proverbs 10: 18 for a moment. "Whoever spreads slander is a fool."
Now you know what Proverbs has to say about fools: There's very little hope for a fool.

Now there are different kinds of fools. There are those who have gone so far in their foolishness that there is no hope for them.

But there are others who are willing to turn from their foolish ways and to be instructed. And when they do, they are no longer foolish but they become wise.

Perhaps as we were talking about slander, you realized, I've been a fool. I've spread things; I've given evil reports, negative reports.

Some of you have been a fool in spreading slander about perhaps your own husband. And it's within the context of our closest relationships that we often fall into these kinds of sins of the tongue.

Can I just say as a wife it is so important that you give good reports of your husband. That isn't to say that your husband is glorified or sanctified or perfected.

I'm sure he's not. And some of your husbands may have some very serious spiritual issues. But it is so important that when you speak of him to others that you speak with reverence.

God will honor that--that you honor your husband with your words, that you honor your parents, that you honor your pastor.
Your pastor has shortcomings and faults and failures as do your parents, but it's so important, when we speak words about these people, particularly those that God has put in positions of authority over us, that we speak words that reverence them and honor them and in no way slander or damage their reputations.

Leslie Basham: Why is it that we're most prone to speak evil of those who deserve our greatest respect?

Nancy Leigh DeMoss has been giving us a great definition of slander today. And I can't wait to hear what she has to say about gossip tomorrow.

Nancy addresses all these issues in a new booklet called The Power of Words, a four-week devotional study on speaking with wisdom and grace. It will help you understand what the Bible says about the words we speak.

It provides questions for reflection and evaluation of your own heart. To get more information, just give us a call at 1-800-569-5959 or get more information on-line at Revive Our Hearts.com.

Over the coming days if you notice God starting to change the way you control your tongue, would you write and tell us about it.

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: Father, Your Word is like a mirror. It shows us things that we can't see about our own hearts.
And as I've looked into the mirror of Your Word, I've been convicted that many times I have spoken foolishly by speaking slanderously, by giving negative reports, evil reports, and sometimes reports that aren't true--that have damaged the reputations of others.

Lord, we come to You this morning to seek Your forgiveness and to ask You to heal our foolish hearts, to repent of our foolishness and to ask You to give us wise hearts, to give us words and hearts that are pure and speak good reports and true reports and reports that are kind and words that are necessary.
Cleanse us, Lord. We need Your forgiveness and we need Your grace to speak words that minister grace to others, that minister health and wholeness and healing. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Leslie Basham:

Thanks Di.smooched I am sorry. You are right. I can only try and will try to be more Christ like. :cry:

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 04:51 PM

I never understood the *need* for Santa Claus. Why can't the presents just come from the parents? The whole "be good or you won't get any presents" would still work.

And I think Santa turned into kind of a bully at some point. The original were just nice but the later version was threatening- "he sees you when your sleeping" (pervert!) "he knows when you're awake, he know if you've been good or bad" etc. and then threats.

I was taught to be good for the sake of bringing joy and order into the universe. Why does there have to be an omniscient boogie man?

noway

(pervert) laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 04:48 PM

Thank-you your reading this post.

About our children - when I was young I was told that our parents should be our heros. It's odd how time changes that idea and pretty soon our children become our heros.

That made me realize - that to SOMEONE, we too are heros.

We have a lot to live up to, don't we?

No Di! Don't tell me it's a middle age thing! I am still in denial.laugh flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 04:05 PM
Edited by star_tin_gover on Tue 05/27/08 04:06 PM

I'm sorry to break the 'heavenly' ideal but I'm a bit confused. Yesterday was memorial day and there were several comments about people having a wonderful and joyous day off, but no comments about reflecting of what memorial day is.

There was, at the very least, a soldiers prayer, with at least one resounding amen.

Then of course there was what happened right here in the community - a war - an armed conflict the weapons of which were hateful, aweful, lie-filled WORDS.

But in this little piece of heaven nothing happened here at all yesterday.

My question is this - to all those here, and all those who HAVE been her and took part in that war yesterday, who took part in the 'JOY' of an extra day off -

IS THIS HOW YOU ARE IN THE REAL WORLD? IS THIS HOW YOU VIEW THE CONFLICT THAT OUR CHILDREN HAVE GONE OFF TO - NEVER TO BE THE SAME AGAIN?

Just curious!

PS - I'm not debating, I'm not going to argue - my purpose, in this post was to make you think, just like so many posts you all made in this thread. But I don't see the good that has come from all the thoughts this thread was supposed to provoke.

Di: Understanding your anger but I personally would have brought it up on its own merit instead on the back of a holiday for our military men and women. flowerforyou I called my son and daughter who are out of state, my youngest just getting back from Iraq, and thanked them as I do every year. They thanked me also. I took my oldest son and his fiancee to a movie and spent time with them. I am a veteran of eight years and all three of my children are veterans. My father served in the Korean war and his father in WW1. We don't celebrate Memorial Day. We recognize it and the men and women who gave of their time and sadly many who gave their lives and we recognize it without the fanfare of the Rose Parade. It is not a happy holiday for me as many people see it. I understand where you are coming from and thank you.flowerforyou

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:32 PM

your nobody till somebody loves you
your nobody till somebody caresssssssssssssss.
laugh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh drinker

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:25 PM
Okay, what if you are in a relationship and your spouse/significant other changes gears on you? Say you are both atheists and the other becomes a Christian or vise versa? Do you think you could live with the radical change?

star_tin_gover's photo
Tue 05/27/08 02:21 PM

I'm down with anything as long as it doesn't involve me wearing a head to toe outfit or a prairie dress and banging out 24 kids.

Me too. I don't wear dresses well. laugh laugh laugh blushing