Community > Posts By > Citizen_Joe

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 09:55 PM
um.... yea.... surprised I think I'm gonna find another thread to play in...

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 09:47 PM

stand sleeping in the same bed nor being near him wat do i do

Wow. finish growing up first?

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 09:40 PM

I was kind of curious.....huh
Has anyone actually dated using this site?

I met one woman on each of the 3 sites I was on, here, okcupid, and pof, none of which were successful long term. In fact, I have created accounts on multiple sites, deleted them and recreated them in protest of my feelings for one woman, ultimately surrendering my heart intact to her. I'm pretty confident that the protest phase has ended.

The most notably ironic was in August, being noticed on a business trip to N. Ireland on pof. On the drive home from Dayton, I was texting her my status, looking forward to getting home, and quickly getting ready and the first thought? "Great. I'm in love with one woman, and about to go on a date with another". We met within a half hour of me getting home, still raw from the 22 hour flight and 1 hour drive home. Yea that one didn't work out well, and that's when I knew I was owned, and being on any dating site at all was an exercise in futility. For my next business trip, a few weeks later in New Zealand, I kept in touch with the right woman and now we have a direct line, and it's been getting better ever since. These dating sites served their purpose, if only to provide distraction so I don't notice my heart being stolen right out from under me.

Ultimately, I created and destroyed my pof account 4 times, okcupid account 3 times, and for several months, deactivated this account. I hope to never go through all that again.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:49 PM
Love matters.
Understanding what love is matters.
Here's one. Understanding that the definition of love changes with age and experience matters.

What I thought of as love 15 years ago is entirely different than how I perceive it today. I'm quite positive I will see love an entirely different way, as I'm learning from a woman 11 years younger than me who has children. As we spent our time together sharing gifts, she said, "You're in heaven, aren't you". bigsmile "Yup" Just before they left, baby girl came up to me and gave me a hug, and looked at her mom and said, "Group hug!" So I picked her up and me, her mother and her group hugged. Remind you of a song? I'm still taking it all in.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 02:45 PM

yeah since i meet a few matches,,i am really wanting to take it to another level,,,when is he ready? why is he keeping this on a slow level... because since i have been having feeling for this person,,,,,,,

Like TxsSun says, slower is better. From opposite sides of the fence, I have to say I'm grateful Me and mine haven't rushed into things, in spite of having mutual feelings. I've grown to cherish her in such a way as I've never done before, and really appreciate being a small part of her kids' lives too.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 02:37 PM
Last week the forecast was snow, which has turned into a rain forecast. I'm glad I got to celebrate Christmas 2 days early. Tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be just rain, followed by more snow Christmas night.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:06 AM
Wonderful day here. Still smiling from yesterday. Ironicly, the best days of Christmas here for me are yesterday and Saturday. :heart:

Citizen_Joe's photo
Wed 12/23/09 08:38 PM
Mine was every bit as exciting, but no where near traumatic. In fact, today was Christmas for me with the woman I love and her daughters. Next year, I hope we get to have the same and more, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. You know, it's exhausting smiling all day long. smitten smitten smitten

Citizen_Joe's photo
Wed 12/23/09 01:15 PM
Owned and appreciated. :heart:

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 12/22/09 10:30 PM

Nothing is more aggrivating to me than "touchy" people. You know those people that feel the need to always touch you? I don't mind it so much if a female touches me, but if you're male, don't touch me!

:angry: mad explode grumble

Are you really that cold and unfriendly? sad2

My first thought on this thread, It's actually progress for the OP over this past year, worth noticing.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 12/22/09 03:05 PM
Simply put, the roses, the recipient, and the feeling behind them are all much more beautiful than my mug shot.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 12/22/09 01:23 PM

why are all men such liars?

Both sides of our species have our share of liars. All is a loaded word though.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 12/22/09 09:46 AM
My facebook is mostly (90%) customers and potential customers. I have some fun there, especially chasing the owner of my heart, but it's really mostly business there.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 11:04 PM

Pffft Girl.
Your not fat!

Thanx, but why is it that guys don't like me...I never had a real bf. They just want sex, not a real commitment...There MUSt be something wrong with me

Nope. You just haven't found him yet. Stick to your ideals, appreciating the emotional intimacy along the way as it happens. I know I am, and in fact, might have missed something special if things had gone faster. I may still miss something, but what is happening now for me is something very special and cherished like no other. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to become an accidental breeder.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 10:24 PM

1) Find someone to do something kind hearted for.
2) Do it.
3) If spirit still unmoved, see #1

Well, we do. But what he's getting at, is that it doesn't always have to be Candy Canes and Christmas trees. To some, Christmas takes on a deeper more spiritual meaning, or maybe none at all.

What I suggested actually has very little if anything at all to do with Christmas. I do, however know it to be one thing that consistently breaks me out of depression.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 09:57 PM
1) Find someone to do something kind hearted for.
2) Do it.
3) If spirit still unmoved, see #1

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 08:19 PM

I cant believe you guys are still preying for me?flowerforyou

Praying, yes. Preying, no. I believe that's your bo's job to prey on ya, and a few other things. ;-)

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 04:45 PM
You already said it. What's going on now makes me question the reality of loves past.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/21/09 02:51 PM
I really don't care about the statistics. I only care about my level of committment, her level of committment, and that I probably should be committed. smitten

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 12/20/09 10:08 PM

I should probably know the answer to this, but how do you remove an unkown chemical?

Nevermind, I used soap.

In most cases, distilled water, if you're concerned about unexpected chemical reactions. If the substance is of the diatomic variety, oops, but entertaining.