Community > Posts By > Citizen_Joe

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 01/11/10 04:53 PM
nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMZ73mT5zM

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:54 PM
I either trust my intuition, or ignore it, which usually leads to a build up of doubt, ultimately trusting my intuition anyway. The latter usually sucks more.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 12/28/09 03:18 PM

You think women want to be bought?

A man being rich is like a girl being pretty. You wouldn't marry her just because she's pretty, but my God, doesn't it help?"
Monroe

Nope. In fact, it gets in the way.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 11:01 PM
"property of DLB, trespassers will be shot"

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 10:22 PM

Ultimately, I created and destroyed my pof account 4 times, okcupid account 3 times, and for several months, deactivated this account. I hope to never go through all that again.

sounds like its getting better, what type of adjustments were made to improve the situations/circumstances?? i.e. reducing expectations..taking it slower/faster...ect..

For starters, this was the first time escape was not an option, which is something I haven't experienced before, ever. Time, love, and understanding. While I've been waiting, I've been learning more about her, and her kids favorite things. There's never a shortage of mountain dew, orange crush, potato chips, chocolates, and reeces peanut butter cups, with surplus in storage. I know exactly how she likes her coffee, and I've also slowly been getting to know her kids, what they like and what they need. The last time she got roses before me, it was as an apology for being abused and that was 4 years ago. In my last marriage, there was never a shortage of roses, and I'm grateful to be inspired again. It's been 12 years since she was in a relationship where she felt cherished, and that part comes natural also. The most obvious in her life is not being treated as she deserves to be. Little things, like appreciating her as a person, and compliments. Then there's the other bonuses of getting to know her children, what they need, and what brings out their best. That's a bit of work in progress, but it is progressing and all of them are really starting to express themselves and are becoming comfortable with me.

She's pretty much in charge of the pace and the most promising pace indicator is in less than 12 hours, when we have our first serious discussion about our future, with her being the one to initiate it. The kids all love me, and she's admitted to it also. There have also been some poetic moments, such as my birthday last month. Baby girl and her mother went to the store to buy me a present and unknowingly, later that night, I bought the little one a stuffed pony, better than the one she was crying about when they were picking out my present. Appreciating our journey together, each moment, each day, yea it's been wonderful.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 09:39 PM

True neither am I but figuring people out is the hardest thing to do.. Whatever you think is usually just an opinion b/c you cna never truly know what's in someone's head soooooooooooooooooo it's not uncommon to be at a loss for words in this type of situation..:wink:

It was alot easier when you were a blond.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 09:18 PM

are some common bad dating habits.

* You believe time is running out on your search for love and/or your chance to have children

For the former, no, but the latter, 45+21+1 is not a promising number. I'm more likely to become a step-father than to have blood relations. It's all good though and it is just as rewarding. You know what the advantage is to having a woman with 3 daughters who love me? We all get to gang up on the mother. pitchfork

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 09:08 PM

what similarities and differences do you notice between the two when looking for someone special?

Similar, well, the looking part.

IRL, I'm generally more at ease, because the reactions are immediate, not deleted unread.

Online, I'm much more judgemental of every word in their profile, because there's not much more to look at and usually, we tell on ourselves, even when we try not to.

IRL, spelling errors go unnoticed, but grammar and ghetto factor is blatantly obvious in both environments.

Online, it becomes obvious almost immediately when someone doesn't have a command on the English language.

Making the transition from online to IRL is much more difficult than starting out IRL. When I lived in a city of 3,000,000+, going online wasn't a consideration. In this small town of 13,000, where and how to look changes.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 08:57 PM
It's difficult to plan past the next 603 minutes, let alone a week. 3 minutes left to Christmas here. bigsmile

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 08:40 PM
This thread needs a theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohaNLcJJHgs

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 01:51 PM
That's one purpose of social sites, yes. Sometimes ya need to waste a little time so other things can grow.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 12:52 PM
Edited by Citizen_Joe on Fri 12/25/09 12:52 PM
It's never my family I have to deal with through the holidays. They're all Jehovah's Witnesses. It' the dysfunctional families I bring into my life I get to deal with. This latest one, ROCKS! bigsmile

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 11:03 AM

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Was this a Mingle success story? drinks

Maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 10:44 AM

You missed the whole point.Totally!

You expected her to get it? She's a kid having a kid. Oh dam* I sound old now. wth?

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 10:37 AM
My machines do all the work. I'm just watching them. Today doesn't feel like work, really. It will keep me busy though until tomorrow, which I hope to be the most important day of the year.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 10:34 AM

So what is it that brings you happiness & joy? flowerforyou

Bring that joy to her and her kids. No brainer there. bigsmile

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 08:41 AM
More of a hope than a resolution. I'm hoping this coming year to have my Norman Rockwell painting of Christmas the day of Christmas, instead of 2 days earlier. This year's was the best ever though, and I'm in no way discounting that. In fact, I'm still smiling. bigsmile

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 08:39 AM

I think I'm going to take an entire year off of dating or looking

Best make a second resolution. laugh

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 12/25/09 07:22 AM
Free speech, freedom of religion. Not so free, otherwise lawyers would go to the poor houses.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 12/24/09 11:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithras

How better to conquer a pagan holiday other than to move the birth of jesus to winter and make Bing Crosby a 1 hit wonder? I got to celebrate my first Christmas when I was 17.