Community > Posts By > Blaze1978

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 03/31/09 09:33 PM
An older woman once told me that I have a lot of character in my face...Whatever that means...

Blaze1978's photo
Tue 03/31/09 09:31 PM

nice GIRLS finishing last? hum just curious? any spicy stories from the girls, i was once haning out at a club with my friends, guy comes up we start talkin and some girl grabs him takes him away, hahah i didnt bother going after some guy i just met, but does this mean im too nice? haha let me know ladies, and fellas!!

I'd like to meet a nice girl...I really have no tolerance for the bad ones...

They're so easy to spot. They're the ones that regard you with an arrogant smirk and are so eager to tell you about all the people they slept with and all the men they've cheated on.

Please bad girls, save it...Those kind of exploits don't impress me...

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 03/30/09 11:18 PM
I have seen it...Those are 2 hours I will sadly never get back.

I often wonder where my life would be today if I had spent those hours doing something more constructive...like painting my ceiling bright orange...frustrated rant

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 03/30/09 11:16 PM
Never much of a Carrey fan...The Number 24 pretty much extinguished the little respect I still had for the guy.

Geez...What a STINKER...I mean, where's the smiley with the clothespin when you need it??

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 03/30/09 11:08 PM
Wasn't there research done proving that you don't really need 8 glasses a day? Did someone not actually die from drinking too much water?

It's kinda hard for me to believe that if you can get by on 4 or 5 glasses a day, you need as much as 8.

Plus, bottled water is bad for ya. Don't drink it.bigsmile

I retain water, so 8 glasses a day? Not a good idea.

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 03/30/09 10:52 PM
Short...because I'm short...virtually everyone I've known throughout the course of my life has been taller than me.

Tall people...pfft.

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:03 PM
It's not much different than a faceless nobody who randomly calls my number asking for the Lakeview Church.laugh

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:40 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sat 03/28/09 10:50 PM

I would say wrestling, here's why:

1) Obviously, cardiovascular conditioning is a huge part of the success of a wrestler. I've seen guys go out there who appear to be in great physical shape, and within five minutes, you can tell they're blown out. Those are the ones that either up their conditioning, or they're gone like the wind.

2) No off-season. This is significant because most sports have an off-season that allows their athletes to recover from accumulated injuries. Even boxers usually take a few months off to recover from their most recent fight. Wrestlers are in the ring virtually every night, year round.

3) ****ty pay and corrupt promoting on the indy level. Most independent level wrestlers work for peanuts, then spend their peanuts on gas, cheap hotel accomodations and bologna sandwiches just to get by. That is, if the local promoter doesn't screw them and skip town before they can seek their pay.

4) Injuries. Fact is, your average wrestler is nursing particular injuries most times he/she appears in the ring that the average viewer cannot detect. Get injured during a match? Unless your legs are about to fall off, you work around it. I once saw Shawn Michaels enter a match with Triple-H with a partially torn ACL. He wrestled a match that lasted about 12 minutes, one of the ballsiest performances I ever saw. Because nothing is really gauranteed in wrestling, the idea is to keep wrestling as long as you can. Due to the political climate, no one's spot is really assured. An unlucky wrestler might lose his or her spot in the time it takes to recuperate from an injury. So pump yourself up with painkillers and suck it up, soldier.

All good and valid points. But I don't consider pro wrestling a sport. Tough entertainment, but not a sport.

What its not realsad sad rofl

Ummmm..........

What it's not real???????? My whole life is changed forever!!!!!!

I know its not real, smartass.

But here's the thing. Pro wrestlers are athletes. Not actors, or stuntmen. I'm sure you won't argue that. Therefore, pro wrestling is a sport.

Whether it's real or not is irrelevant. Most definitions of sport call for it to be some form of pastime involving a measure of physical exercise. Look up sport in your dictionary. It will likely say something along those lines.

Being "real" or "not real" does not determine what is and isn't a sport.

Again: wrestlers=athletes. Therefore: wrestling is a sport.
Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determinant of the outcome (winning or losing), but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports (a common name for some card games and board games with little to no element of chance) and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors. Sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive and skillful physical activity requiring commitment and fair play. Some view sports as differing from games based on the fact that there are usually higher levels of organization and profit (not always monetary) involved in sports. Accurate records are kept and updated for most sports at the highest levels, while failures and accomplishments are widely announced in sport news.

The term sports is sometimes extended to encompass all competitive activities in which offense and defense are played, regardless of the level of physical activity. Both games of skill and motor sport exhibit many of the characteristics of physical sports, such as skill, sportsmanship, and at the highest levels, even professional sponsorship associated with physical sports.

Sports that are subjectively judged are distinct from other judged activities such as beauty pageants and bodybuilding shows, because in the former the activity performed is the primary focus of evaluation, rather than the physical attributes of the contestant as in the latter (although "presentation" or "presence" may also be judged in both activities).

Sports are most often played just for fun or for the simple fact that people need exercise to stay in good physical condition.

Although they do not always succeed, sports participants are expected to display good sportsmanship, standards of conduct such as being respectful of opponents and officials, and congratulating the winner when losing.

Contents [hide]
1 Terminology
2 History
3 Sociology of sport
4 See also
5 References

Terminology

Some how I fail to see the WWF fitting into those catagories!! Feel free to point any out!

How typical of the average couch potato to equate WWE with all wrestling.

Wrestlers are athletes. Then why is it such a stretch to consider wrestling a sport?

In your words: "Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively."

Wrestling is an activity that is governed by a set of rules. It may not be engaged in competitively, but the definition says "and often," so I believe a degree of interpretation is acceptable. One could argue that the competitive element is there, since there is a very pronounced competitive aspect of reaching the top and staying there for any length of time.

"Sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive and skillful physical activity requiring commitment."

Wrestling abides by all of those guidelines.

"Some view sports as differing from games based on the fact that there are usually higher levels of organization and profit (not always monetary) involved in sports."

Again, wrestling abides by those guidelines.

Sports have a variety of categorizations. Team sports, motor sports, mind sports, etc. Wrestling merely belongs in a separate category from those mentioned. Anything requiring conditioning, skill, commitment, etc that is performed in large venues in front of paying fans is a sport.

Again, if wrestlers are athletes, it just logically follows that wrestling is a sport.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/27/09 10:22 PM

:heart: When is it wrong to love?:heart:

When the bf/gf is getting home any second.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/27/09 09:47 PM

1) Obviously, cardiovascular conditioning is a huge part of the success of a wrestler. I've seen guys go out there who appear to be in great physical shape, and within five minutes, you can tell they're blown out. Those are the ones that either up their conditioning, or they're gone like the wind.

2) No off-season. This is significant because most sports have an off-season that allows their athletes to recover from accumulated injuries. Even boxers usually take a few months off to recover from their most recent fight. Wrestlers are in the ring virtually every night, year round.

3) ****ty pay and corrupt promoting on the indy level. Most independent level wrestlers work for peanuts, then spend their peanuts on gas, cheap hotel accomodations and bologna sandwiches just to get by. That is, if the local promoter doesn't screw them and skip town before they can seek their pay.

4) Injuries. Fact is, your average wrestler is nursing particular injuries most times he/she appears in the ring that the average viewer cannot detect. Get injured during a match? Unless your legs are about to fall off, you work around it. I once saw Shawn Michaels enter a match with Triple-H with a partially torn ACL. He wrestled a match that lasted about 12 minutes, one of the ballsiest performances I ever saw. Because nothing is really gauranteed in wrestling, the idea is to keep wrestling as long as you can. Due to the political climate, no one's spot is really assured. An unlucky wrestler might lose his or her spot in the time it takes to recuperate from an injury. So pump yourself up with painkillers and suck it up, soldier.

All good and valid points. But I don't consider pro wrestling a sport. Tough entertainment, but not a sport.

What its not realsad sad rofl

Ummmm..........

What it's not real???????? My whole life is changed forever!!!!!!

I know its not real, smartass.

But here's the thing. Pro wrestlers are athletes. Not actors, or stuntmen. I'm sure you won't argue that. Therefore, pro wrestling is a sport.

Whether it's real or not is irrelevant. Most definitions of sport call for it to be some form of pastime involving a measure of physical exercise. Look up sport in your dictionary. It will likely say something along those lines.

Being "real" or "not real" does not determine what is and isn't a sport.

Again: wrestlers=athletes. Therefore: wrestling is a sport.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/27/09 01:31 PM

Blaze1978's photo
Mon 03/23/09 02:05 AM
My hair's chestnut/red, as such, it will probably never turn grey, but rather sandy. Woo hoo, let's hear it for sand!!

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 03/21/09 05:38 PM

But why was he a robot underneath?

It's a prosthetic.

The hand that was replaced was a prosthetic, not his robot arm, or am I missing something?

Blaze1978's photo
Sat 03/21/09 05:31 PM
Edited by Blaze1978 on Sat 03/21/09 05:36 PM

Luke Skywalker getting his hand cut off in a fight with Vader in one of the initial movies, exposing wires and circuits underneath?

In all fairness, it was. It was lost during Luke's duel with Darth Vader in the Cloud City.

But why was he a robot underneath?

Granted, I'm drawing from some really old memories here (haven't seen Empire Strikes Back since I was a wee lad), but I seem to recall the hand was severed in an encounter with Vader and was wires underneath, then was remarkably replaced with a new hand after the Cloud City battle.

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 11:26 PM
Thank you.flowerforyou

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 11:17 PM

definatly bottom, i've always been afraid of falling off

We had this fear that the bottom was freaky because the top might collapse.yawn

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 11:15 PM

sleeping in a bunk bed? That is so far from what you were thinking it's scary!

Me and my sister used to fight about this all the time!

We both wanted the top...We usually traded once every several weeks. But I never went down without a fight!devil

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 06:49 PM

5'4".

109. indifferent

Gotta take off the grey despondant face dude. Confidence bro.....

So, you ain't the biggest guy...me either....chin up.

indifferent .......ohwell .......biggrin

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 06:47 PM

Unless I am mistaken, add chocolate to that list.

You are mistaken. I can't take credit for that. The Mayans and Aztecs invented chocolate. The Germans and Swiss merely perfected it. bigsmile

I meant in Europe.bigsmile

Germans didn't start chocolate??? Aw, you just pulled the red carpet out from under me and destroyed the one reason I was proud to be of German decsent.

The world I grew up in.....IS GONE...tears

Blaze1978's photo
Fri 03/20/09 06:37 PM
I should add that if the universe ever birthed a creature as stupid as Jar Jar Binks, said universe would immediately collapse inward to eliminate the chance for such a creature to reproduce.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25