Community > Posts By > ShadowLands

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 10:47 AM

What's for Lunch.?

Ramen noodles and cherry kool-aide.
Gross. huh

Grilled chicken breast with butter & garlic sauce, three cheese mashed potatoes, and ranch style beans. I'm eating much better these days. :tongue:

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 10:44 AM

ok people..
your alternate supreme ruler has to go to work now.....

pick someone we wont miss for the first supreme ruler ok... teeheehee....
Well.....that would be me. But based on my family history you're gonna end up impaled on a twenty foot spike and propped up on the road leading to my castle. devil

Prince Vlad would be proud of me. :tongue:

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 10:07 AM
there are qualities in every guy that are great!!

Not me. I'm a complete azzhole. laugh

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 10:04 AM

It can also take up to 10,000 miles to "break-in" an engine.

You're doing it wrong. noway

I've never done it... I don't buy new cars. This was told to me by a Ford employee. And I mean to obtain optimum efficient mileage only. My comment, in its original statement, was linked to fuel efficiency. smokin
I figured as much. I'm guessing you were speaking with either a technician or a service writer. I've had customers tell me the same thing and it came from one of those two. I also heard that from a GM drivetrain engineer....who had been fired. bigsmile

Typical break-in periods for optimum fuel mileage are just that....."typical". Heat cycles are how internal combustion engines "seat" their rings and seal valve to seat contact areas. I have personally seen people follow the manufacturer's guidelines for the "break-in period" and the car will suck on mileage. Others have done their own break in and the car responds great while getting superior mileage. Choice of engine oil weight and gasoline quality are also critical choices in getting an engine to "seal" properly.

Most modern engines can be properly broken in and sealed within 2000-3000 miles if done properly. We normally suggest that the customer take the car out on the highway for a day. Travel at different speeds for an hour or two at a time. Drive at 70 for an hour or two then stop and let the car completely cool. Get back in and drive at 60 for an hour or so. Stop and let it cool again. Repeat this for about eight hours. If possible, do so another day. Change the engine oil and filter then go about your daily life. This usually results in superior performance and fuel mileage. Puttering around town for 5000 miles leads to poor mileage and increased wear.

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 09:53 AM

Do unto other, b4 they do unto to you. or if they get to you first eye for an eye. but im a nice guy
Actually, the best way is...."Do unto others. Then split." laugh

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 09:52 AM

Isn't being "good" the same as being "nice"?????
Nope.

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 09:32 AM
It can also take up to 10,000 miles to "break-in" an engine.

You're doing it wrong. noway

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 08:10 AM
My favorite is "Fuktard".

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 08:08 AM
"Good" and "Evil" are a point of view.

ShadowLands's photo
Wed 03/19/08 08:03 AM

you might not like it... i ride hard and fast through rugged country and sometimes i end up in a puddle!drinker blushing devil
Oh just threaten me with a good time. :tongue:

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:26 PM

sound good. :smile:
drinking it now mixed with peppermint and chamomile
Throw in some vodka and you're all set, toots. laugh laugh laugh

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:25 PM
To "rate" me is the same as to "judge" me. And personally, judge me all you want. Just keep the damn verdict to yourself.

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:23 PM
Edited by ShadowLands on Tue 03/18/08 04:24 PM

I love nice guys with a little BBQ Sauce they taste just like chicken.bigsmile
BAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAA

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:21 PM
"God?" <looks around> "No God."

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:19 PM
Damn....Krull. That brings back some old memories!!! Great flick. Best line of the whole movie:

"Love is fleeting. Power is eternal."

How true.

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:17 PM
Vegas...all the way. Probably because I've got the hots for Marg Helgenberger. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:14 PM
Arthur. Dudley Moore was hysterical in that movie.

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:13 PM
Arthur (Dudley Moore)

Gladiator

The Patriot

Godfather (all of them)

Excalibur

The Hunt for Red October

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:08 PM
He's lucky that stuff is scripted or he'd need serious dental work after that right hand from Big Show last night.

ShadowLands's photo
Tue 03/18/08 04:07 PM
Don't bother. Not worth the price of the matinee admission price. Best thing about the whole movie was the Coke and Reece's Pieces.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25