Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/15/20 06:25 AM
Note: The next “first post” does not need to come after the corresponding “second post”. it is okay to make several “first posts,” and then several corresponding “second posts“ at once.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/15/20 06:07 AM
Here’s how the game works,

You write your own geographic area (for me that will be “anywhere in 50 mile radius of Norfolk, Virginia, USA”). Then you name a point within the geographic area of the last person to state their geographic area before you, using WGS 84 coordinates from google maps, satellite image (you can copy them from the URL, in the format xx.xxxxxxx,-xx.xxxxxxx). This is the first post.

The person below you will name a point within your geographic area.

Within a week, you go there, and make a second post with the point you went to and a description of the area based on what cannot be seen from the aerial view, in at least 5 sentences.

Then, if you want, make another “first post”.

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/14/20 06:52 PM

That is measured by their positive impact on reality.

;o)

Sounds like the purpose of life to me.

happy

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/14/20 05:35 PM
Thinking

May peace be with your soul.

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/14/20 05:31 AM
Thinking I feel just about well now. I will kill anybody who attempts to knock me down again.

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/14/20 05:28 AM
Thinking I don’t give a damn that my dad hates the dry cleaners.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 10/11/20 07:19 AM
It seems most sensible that it is weightless. It’s only the people who try to define it in blood that you have to watch out for.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/10/20 04:09 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 10/10/20 04:10 PM
Love (force)

*times*

Life (mass)

*equals*

Weight of a human soul

I guess.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/10/20 03:14 PM
I have noticed that too myself. I suspect it has something to do with changing brain speed winding down for bed.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/10/20 03:00 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 10/10/20 03:01 PM
Thinking about old stories.

About a decade ago my friend and I had a jeep and we were driving out to explore out in the wilderness and target practice with a pistol. We figured we could go anywhere with the jeep. Our path was blocked by a 2 m (6 ft) wide V ditch, and we did not see any way around it. We stopped and got out and looked at it. The side we were on was 0.6 m (2ft) higher than the side we needed to get to. It takes about one third of a second to fall that distance. I calculated that if we drove at least 22 Kilometers per hour (14 mph), we would clear the gap without falling below the side of the ditch. So I did that. We landed rather hard, but that was about what I expected. We landed rather hard, but that was about what I expected. My friend would’ve preferred if we had not done that. We did clear the ditch.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/10/20 11:17 AM

I am 100. My profile says so. Would my profile lie? Ok so I fibbed a few years. As long as I can drive and flip off idiot drivers and go on a few ghost hunts I'm ok with it.

You are already 100, what is a few more years?laugh

Exactly! But those few more years mean I will be slower and it will take me a little while longer to get to your cabin in the woods to borrow that cup of sugar. laugh

You can throw your life away if you want to.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/09/20 03:08 PM
There are some wonderful places out there. In the grandness of time, mountains will be uplifted, valleys eroded, and the wildness of the landscape will prevail.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 06:11 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Thu 10/08/20 06:12 PM

I have a lot of lucid dreams. Maybe even more than non-lucid ones.

As for AP, I'm not sure it is real.
My research points to it being a hallucination.
There are very few well-documented cases, so who knows.

If I were in the dating game, I would like to meet you in a shared lucid dream; But I am not in the dating game.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 04:37 PM
The survey methods used in this research study are so flawed that there is no proof whatsoever as to the claims; however, the claims are about what one would expect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3259159/#Sec8title

Here is a list of centenarian authors. There appear to be a lot of poets on the list. At least one of the centenarians, a Native American war chief, on the list wrote an autobiography.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_centenarians_(authors,_editors,_poets_and_journalists)

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 11:00 AM
There will always be younger people in the community who want wisdom.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 06:37 AM
Edited by LarchTree on Thu 10/08/20 06:40 AM
Oh I was here, but I was sleeping.

Right now I am briskly walking breathing deeply, and the ambient sounds are birds chirping, people turning their car on, and a mild breeze. The city is quiet elsewise. The shadows of trees on the parking lot are still. Squirrels are vigorous with energy. Truck brakes ringing like a door hinge but with as deep tone as a bell, from the nearby highway. Getting composed to get down to projects at work.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 05:59 AM
There is better health advice here on the forums then one can get anywhere in the US, for free furthermore. The US health system definitely has room for improvement.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/08/20 05:42 AM
Hurray!

I never would’ve caught that reference to Dial Tone if you had not pointed it out. So much good stuff to learn.

It is good to be able to see across time and space. M2 is a good group of people. Thanks for posting.

:)

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/07/20 04:19 PM
Is there anyone out there putting positive labels on things that are not a problem?

Anyone who wants to come out of hiding and gather around fireside shelter from the hype storm?

Looking to walk through the reflective surface of what I’m thinking that your concerned about, as you look back at me with my concerned gaze??

Role call: All here say AYE.

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/07/20 03:19 PM
The risk of dying from going kayaking every day is about the same as the risk of being permanently harmed physically by covid due to getting sick with it.