Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/03/20 05:30 PM
Have not watched a movie in three years.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/03/20 05:08 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 10/03/20 05:28 PM
And sorry about my word choice, I was tired after work before going to bed when I wrote it.

Where there is no science, one must rely on faith. But here is a finding of science. The placebo effect works even if you tell people upfront it is the placebo. That is scientific proof that people are saved by their faith stat the forces of the universe are on their side. Isn’t it refreshing when science confirms what one believed by faith?

Faith guides relationship with the forces of nature. Knowledge is good when one has it, but faith is needed regardless. One can not spend but so much time studying the exact nature of things. It is there and one must have faith that it is there. Faith shapes how we understand God’s world and workings. It also shapes how we live our life.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/03/20 03:02 PM
I agree with you, most of the time pretending is not a good thing; however, every so often it can be fun.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/03/20 02:39 PM
I agree with you, most of the time pretending is not a good thing; however, every so often it can be fun.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/03/20 01:18 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 10/03/20 01:20 PM
This is for talk only. What can we here in the war room do to stop the use of coal? Such as making alternatives a more favorable option. As you are probably thinking, this is a very difficult thing to do. If you like challenge, and you care about the natural environment, then welcome into the war room! think

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 06:05 PM
I am thinking it is intriguing that the season for clams, oysters, etc., which are good for cold and flu, Is the same as cold and flu season (October - April).

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 05:52 PM
Any ideas on how activities in the built and natural environment will change in the next decade?

Will city centers become ghost towns with Social distancing? People may still have to be a little more careful about germs for the next decade than they did in the past. The vaccine may not completely protect against all strains and may need to be administered every year. Hpw do you believe the landscape of city centers and countryside change?

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 05:12 PM
Confidence and competence are good in belief and life. Unless one is just dreaming or playing pretend.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 03:52 PM
Thanks. I see that is an important distinction between the meaning of faith and belief.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 03:42 PM
Then the people who want to shape a national vision would be happy, and the people who want to invest locally instead would be happy.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/02/20 03:38 PM
What if taxes were optional and you could choose what the taxes are spent on. Voting would be for a list of national goals, and on your tax return, you could specify the amount spent on each of the national goals.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/01/20 04:09 PM
It is scientifically proven that those who believe in a higher power withstand illness and other adversities without harm more often statistically than those who don’t. One can call it the placebo effect, a positive attitude, or relationship with God. The truth is, it works.

Faith is an important lifelong skill, regardless of measurements, miracles, sensations, etc. One would have to be crazy not to have faith; faith builds life.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 10/01/20 02:30 PM
Preparing to get out of the way of violence about the election.

LarchTree's photo
Tue 09/29/20 03:10 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Tue 09/29/20 03:23 PM
People are responsible for their own happiness.

For those who believe in the loving God, God helps guarantee they receive what is what they believe is good, while for those who do not believe in God, God has no effect on them. One can rest in that because it is scientifically measurable.

Not only does God exist, but They (singular) are also loving.

They exist, and They are a Higher Power.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 09/26/20 07:34 AM
Dipping my face into a bucket of ice water, breathing through a snorkel, timer for 1 minute. Very cold, but not bad.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 09/25/20 04:00 PM
Hang on in the wind ... :)

LarchTree's photo
Fri 09/25/20 10:57 AM
Yes, that is a very helpful icon.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 09/25/20 10:52 AM

I use the full site version but I’m guessing that the larger number denotes the number of views and the smaller number denotes the number of replies.

That is what I intuitively thought, which kept throwing me.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 09/25/20 10:44 AM
Oohhhh! I see. Thanks River!!

LarchTree's photo
Fri 09/25/20 10:07 AM
On the mobile website, For each forum topic heading, there is a number at the bottom indicating the number of posts. But sometimes there is another number on the right side, next to an icon that looks like cards or photo plates. This number is usually smaller than the number indicating the number of posts. When I view the topic, the number does not seem to change. What does this number mean?