Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 02:20 PM
I am feeling thankful for those who persevered.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 01:25 PM
Well the bowhead whale and the Greenland shark both have average lifespan of several hundred years. One has to wonder how these creatures can be so intelligent and long living.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 09:30 AM
Oh, I just realized, it was A-to-Z

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 09:26 AM
Song: “Blow, blow, thou winter wind”
BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Blow, blow, thou winter wind,
Thou art not so unkind
As man’s ingratitude;
Thy tooth is not so keen,
Because thou art not seen,
Although thy breath be rude.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly:
Most friendship is feigning, most loving mere folly:
Then, heigh-ho, the holly!
This life is most jolly.

Freeze, freeze, thou bitter sky,
That dost not bite so nigh
As benefits forgot:
Though thou the waters warp,
Thy sting is not so sharp
As friend remembered not.
Heigh-ho! sing, heigh-ho! unto the green holly...

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 09:02 AM
I can’t help but wonder if either candidate is going to do what they say they’re going to do.

Now here’s the real question. If Trump loses the election, will he still push to get the vaccine before his term ends?

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 08:39 AM
If you could choose how your taxes were spent, what projects would you have the government complete?

LarchTree's photo
Sun 11/01/20 05:30 AM
I have worn a mask while sprinting up four flights of stairs carrying heavy equipment, because I did not have free hands to take my mask off and it was tangled in my glasses, etc. I was quite out of breath.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/31/20 05:41 PM
I meant no disrespect.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/31/20 05:33 PM

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/31/20 05:12 PM
Well, they are good ideas to consider. The way I see it, We can not control the news so we might as well not worry about it. Therefore, current events might as well be discussed as Fantasy that we all have common experience of, just a topic for philosophical discussion.

I have respect for Bobtail, I’veGotTheGirl, and even Trump. Might as well give him respect since the second election is ending.

It is unfair to take peoples guns away considering some people use them as hunting devices for living off the land. I agree it is unfair in general to take away peoples guns. I had not thought before that it is akin to protecting ones privacy and free thought. The right to free speech and to peaceably assemble are important for preventing disharmony from others getting under one’s skin.

Considering there are other weapons like Fists and pepper spray which are closer range and a significant deterrent, as well as perimeter alarm and barricade systems, I do not see the importance of guns. They seem to be more of a source of threats to others about their own business, actual taking of lives, hearing damage, roof damage and water leaks from falling projectiles, and lead poisoning from game meat and environmental contamination. This is tyranny too.

What would be more manly than using a gun would be to sneak up on an enemy with a gun, take their weapon away, and give them an old fashioned punch.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/31/20 04:08 PM
I can see the moon at the edge of some clouds right now. That is definitely an awesome Halloween moon.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 10/31/20 01:16 PM
Wa hoo!

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/30/20 04:44 PM
Kind wishes to all spirits out there.

LarchTree's photo
Fri 10/30/20 03:57 PM
981 waving

LarchTree's photo
Wed 10/28/20 06:59 AM
I’m thinking every soul is another window into the universe.

LarchTree's photo
Tue 10/27/20 04:36 PM

reason, character, feeling, consciousness, memory, perception, thinking

All which exist in the brain.
The weight of a soul is the weight of your brain.
An adult brain weighs about 3 pounds.

Hey Tom,

How are you, how are relationships? Hope you are doing good

LarchTree's photo
Tue 10/27/20 04:25 PM
Is it in the human nervous system?

Is it in the 0.085 Watts of average electric power in the brain?

Is it in the sequence of patterns of electrical signals corresponding to sensory reality and self,

that cannot be conceived in any other place than the living being,

where imaginary reality meets reality?

Yes. smile2

LarchTree's photo
Mon 10/26/20 03:59 PM

LarchTree's photo
Mon 10/26/20 03:58 PM
Very enjoyable poem.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 10/26/20 03:25 PM
I may well have some diagnosable mental condition, but I would rather not know it as that.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25