Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/21/23 10:44 AM
Fist bump
🤜🤛

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/08/23 11:01 AM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 04/08/23 11:05 AM
I know that too much iodine can cause hyperthyroidism, and not enough can cause hypothyroidism. Terrestrial foods are low in iodine. Fish have moderate iodine. Seaweeds have extremely high amounts of iodine (just a penny-size flake of kelp has the daily intake and too much can be toxic). Cats are mostly terrestrial carnivores and often get hypothyroidism when they are fed fish.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 02/27/23 01:45 AM
Edited by LarchTree on Mon 02/27/23 02:26 AM
I eat some meat for good health. If nothing else at least occasional clams for the B12. I have empathized with a clam fighting for its life while prying it open, so I have respect for life.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 02/12/23 02:23 AM

Perhaps the end of the world is the day the people stop going to church and Christians are scattered.

The best thing ever would be for all religion to disappear.

Religion in essence was pure but man distorted it and as a result millions have died and suffered.

Yes, all religions will disappear before the Day of Judgment. The Messiah, Jesus will appear, and the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad will appear too. The believers, Christians, Jews and Muslims, will follow them in one religion.
It is true that religion was pure in its essence, but some people distorted it. Some of them are clerics and some of them are politicians.
Some religions have produced wars in the past. But politicians and governments are now producing wars and destruction that may be more than what some religions have caused.

:thumbsup:

LarchTree's photo
Sun 02/12/23 02:22 AM

Perhaps the end of the world is the day the people stop going to church and Christians are scattered.

The best thing ever would be for all religion to disappear.
Religion has brought nothing but trouble for thousands of years. Wars, terrorism, mass murder, persecution, torture, ruining of nature-loving & peaceful cultures etc. etc.
Just look at history.

Religion in essence was pure but man distorted it and as a result millions have died and suffered.

:thumbsup:

LarchTree's photo
Sat 02/11/23 02:28 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Sat 02/11/23 02:30 PM

LarchTree's photo
Sat 02/11/23 02:15 PM

“Behold, God is great, and we know him not; the number of his years is unsearchable“ (Job 36:26)

LarchTree's photo
Tue 01/24/23 02:40 PM
Very thought invoking.

Thanks.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 11/28/22 02:11 PM

if they use the same numbering system we do

This begs the question of whether math is a discovery or an invention.

I am loving this conversation right now. History is both the meaning and the will of truth.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 11/28/22 02:57 AM
Better not p___ them off.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 09/26/22 06:45 AM
Good info! Thanks!

Julia, I am glad to know about this; thanks for the reference. I knew there had to be more to the picture.

Lung, DNA is an awesome consideration. It connects identity with form, whereas brain connects understanding with form.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 09/26/22 06:27 AM
We could start a community around the self-organizing force that separates nature from life and watch it endure forever.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 09/26/22 06:25 AM
The neural sodium ion channels with similarities to computer silicon transistors. . .

LarchTree's photo
Mon 09/26/22 05:49 AM
I am not very knowledgeable about such things, but I am interested because of its parallelism to neurology, which I am interested in because the health of which is what determines our conscious existence.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 09/25/22 03:13 AM
Edited by LarchTree on Sun 09/25/22 03:13 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=23-hBKl86Y4&feature=emb_title

LarchTree's photo
Sun 09/25/22 03:06 AM
In the book of Genesis, God makes land and beast. He forms the human male brain with “the dust of the Earth”. He forms the female human brain with male reproductive parts. (The translation of the original Hebrew to “rib” is a little questionable.)

As a male, my mind fits to the material world so good, it is reasonable to say that the male brain was formed with the dust of the Earth. To me “Earth dust” sounds like it may have meant Stone Age tools. He molded water, carbon, and ash just like clay, adapting it to the wisdom of the world. Much like separating iron from ore by giving it heat, God separated the male human from the male animal by giving it resources.

The similarly humble background of the woman’s mind, mental life formed with physical life, is something I do not understand.

This is to welcome both creationist and evolutionist explanations.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 09/24/22 01:18 PM
Who doesn't like history.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 09/19/22 02:06 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LarchTree's photo
Sat 09/17/22 05:51 AM

Ah, I think I am getting it. The shape of the interior is part of the microwave operation. That would never have occurred to me.

Thank you.

Would you believe that I worked for British MOD on nothing less than microwave wave guides. (I worked on User Guides, in the PERT department. Nothing scientific.)

Eons ago I worked with RADAR. I still remember that a bend in a wave guide has to be 1/4 of the wave length.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 09/10/22 05:49 AM
Yahoo smitten

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25