Community > Posts By > afriQueen22

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 07:06 PM

what makes you know if you are feeling inlove or just lust?

If you just met the person, then it is lust.

Or you're hungry. I sometimes have a hard time differentiating between butterflies and hunger.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 07:02 PM
Darn! I always get the daughter line grumble

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:55 PM
In my mind, I would move in a heartbeat. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?
But that's just in my mind. In reality, I'd probably take a whole lot of convincing and/or, chicken out.
I'm much braver in my head.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:45 PM
I do. Someone said, love at first sight is a fairytale; and I'm a staunch believer in fairytales. What else is there to look forward to if not the promise of Happily Ever After?
So to keep me getting out of bed in the morning, I believe in love at first sight, love at first word, Santa Clause, Cupid, the Easter Bunny, the power of friendship etc. It's my own personal pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I do so love chasing rainbows.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:33 PM
Breathing would be a good start, and then we'll take it from there.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:23 PM
Funnily enough, a friend of mine and I were having a similar conversation the other day.
Her theory is in order for there to be a balance, I should date someone of an opposite personality type, or as she so kindly put it; someone "normal". So the consensus is no, I cannot date myself; which is kind of disappointing since I think I'm awesome :banana:

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 10:17 AM
"Love can sometimes be magic, and magic is sometimes an illusion."
Love is the world's greatest magic trick.

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 01/25/13 08:06 AM
Popcorn and an oreo McFlurry.

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 01/25/13 08:01 AM
Chicken and mayo wrap; and fruit salad.

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:19 AM
Don Quixote~ Miguel De Cervantes

afriQueen22's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:09 AM
Since I'm a young 'un myself, if I dated a younger guy, I'm pretty sure I'd be arrested.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/01/13 09:54 AM
Recently, that being today, I've realised that I don't know what I want in life, or from life. I say today, because this would be the day I have actually admitted this truth to myself but if I'm honest, it's been in that niggling feeling I've had after waking up from yet another bed that wasn't mine, or that sudden spring of tears when I sit pen in hand infront of a blank piece of paper waiting for words that deserted me when I started the job that has brought me physical freedom but has put my creative mind on lockdown.
More often than not, that little feeling is accompanied by the not so little thought that "Life is elsewhere"; but where?

What do I want for and from myself?
It's the first day of a new year and at the risk of sounding cliched, it is an opportunity to start afresh.
Here's my imaginary lamp, give it a bit of a rub and tell us your wish for 2013.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 12/12/12 05:02 PM
Sleeping At Last- Turning Pages

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 12/12/12 04:58 PM
I Am Sam
In The Time Of The Butterflies
Maid In Manhattan
Hotel Rawanda
My Sister's Keeper
Mona Lisa Smile
Pretty Woman
Diary Of A Mad Black Woman
Apocalypto
The Magdalene Sisters
Armaggedon
Sleepover (I was 12, and my best friend was leaving the country. Coincidentally, it was one of our last sleepovers)
Pearl Harbour
Tsotsi
Yesterday
The Petrified Forest
Now Voyager
The Colour Purple, and so many more. I cry a lot. It's even worse when it comes to books.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 12/12/12 04:30 PM
Edited by afriQueen22 on Wed 12/12/12 04:39 PM
How is "stupidity" a turn on?
I'm definately attracted to intelligence, maybe because I'm not so turned on by good looks. Stimulating conversation and a sense of humour are of utmost importance, even if not it's for anything more than those er, between activities conversations. Intelligence for me is not just about book smarts, life itself is a great teacher after all.
I'm always looking to discover and learn new things so I like surrounding myself who are just as open and willing to share gained knowledge.
A great mind is just as much of a turn on, if not more so, than a killer smile for me.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/30/12 01:51 PM

flowerforyou

Thank you.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/30/12 12:23 PM
There are so many of them, I don't even know what some of their titles are but hmmmm, off the top of my head:
Make You Feel My Love- Adele
To Know Him Is To Love Him- Amy Whinehouse
Never- BoyzIIMen
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face- Roberta Flack
I Can't Make You Love Me- Bonnie Raitt
Love The Way You Lie (Part2)- Eminem and Rihanna.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/30/12 12:09 PM
I'm thinking that this is why I had to deactivate my Mingle account. Once I'm on here, I can never get off. Too distracting.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/30/12 12:04 PM
I work out everyday. I've come up with my own routine, although why I've chosen one this hard is beyond me.
Do I love it? No!!!! Do I love the effects on my body? Yes!!!! I like the tightness of my body, and although it's a total fluke, I like to touch my abs or my thighs after a workout, feel how firm they are and tell myself it's working LOL. My skin is clearer and my mood improves too, so that keeps me going. But don't get me wrong, if there was just one pill that did all of this for me, I'd never do another donkey kick again.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 04/30/12 11:41 AM
Lithium- Evanescence

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25