Community > Posts By > afriQueen22

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/10/12 06:00 PM

Sick... And surprisingly not sleepy. It's surprising cause it's 3am.

"If it's 3am I must be lonely" I love that song!

laugh I've never heard that song, but now you've just made me realise that it's 3am, I'm sick and there's no-one to atleast keep me company. Yep, I must be lonely.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/10/12 05:44 PM
Sick... And surprisingly not sleepy. It's surprising cause it's 3am.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/10/12 04:12 AM

I just burnt my tongue on my hot chocolate! Thank you for the laugh!

Pleasure.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/10/12 01:45 AM
A pastor keeps chickens in the church and one evening a cock goes missing. In church the next day the pastor asks, "Who has a cock?"
All the men stood up.
"No, I mean who has seen a cock?"
All the women get up.
"No, no, I mean who has seen a cock that isn't their?"
Half of the women got up.
"Oh for goodness sake!! Who has seen my cock??"
All of the choir girls got up.

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/10/12 01:08 AM
Food

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 09:20 PM
I come from a culture where it's okay for a guy to mention marriage when he's asking you out. Actually, traditionally he just had to see you and then approach your father to speak about lobola and stuff. There really isn't a ring or a spotaneous proposal, unless you count the shock of discovering the guy you saw at the shop now discussiong you with your dad and uncles. Marriage itself is for life, even if he takes on a second or 3rd wife. And if he dies, well his brother will take over, so you won't have to worry about dating again. Of course, we're a bit more westernised now but you still find it in alot of places. So I think you guys are lucky to have the wipping out of the ring, or even the chance to discuss it between the two of you. I've had guys threaten me with marriage. Like literally say, "I'll just go to your dad."

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:38 PM
Ok now this is going to seem like I'm arguing with myself, which I do alot, but the more I think about it, the more I have to ask myself, do men expect women to be womanly (is that a word?)?

But still arguing with myself, I still think there should be some line drawn somewhere. I never got the metrosexual thing of guys who go for facials. Maybe I'm a tad traditional.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:22 PM

You have a different definition of manly than I.

What you are describing to me is normal plug and fix daily chores. So I guess it depends on what your view of manly is.

How do you define manly?

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:19 PM

some men just shouldn't be around power tools....just sayin'

laugh

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:14 PM
I was watching a tv show recently and this married couple were arguing over the fact that the wife thought her husband should be able to build a diy porch. Her arguement was that he's a man, he should be able to do it.

Now as ridiculous as this sounded, I could see her point. I do expect a man to be manly. I grew up around cousins who built their mother's house by hand, can fix everything, work hard on a farm plus they can all cook, iron etc. Actually one of them taught me how to bake bread, but all that cooking stuff was just me bragging. What I want to know is do we still expect men to be "manly"? Should he only cry if his favourite soccer team loses? Must he atleast own a couple of tools and know what they are for? Should he only go to the mechanic when his engine is beyond repair?

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 06:56 PM
Whether I have a valentine or not, I love Valentines Day. It's the only day of the year I find romantic comedies acceptable. I don't know why people want to ruin it by sprouting all that "it's a marketing plot to get people to spend money" crap. I went to an all-girl high school and one year my friends and I did this secret valentine thing. You pick someone's name out of a hat and you buy them a valentines day present. It was fun.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 09:22 AM
Dreaming With A Broken Heart- John Mayer

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 09:04 AM
Finally- Fergie

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 09:03 AM
Farewell- Rihanna

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:44 AM

Even if it's done by phone, it's better than ignoring them, hoping they will get the message. People who do that are the real cowards.

The worst are the people who just change their relationship statuses on facebook... That's just unforgivable.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 07:33 AM
I've never had the guts to break up with any guy face-to-face, I always do it via text message or a phone call. I'm a coward I know.

I'm always honest though. It's easier to be honest when you aren't looking the person in the eye.

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 03:57 AM
Little Johhny was just being trained to pee in the toilet and his mom tried this new method with 6 steps.
1. Unbutton pants
2. Pull pants down
3. Pull foreskin back
4. Pee
5. Push foreskin forward
6. Pull pants up and button up.
She walked past the bathroom one day and heard Johnny going, "1,2,3,4,5,6" and she was thinking that she did good. Then she walked past the bathroom the next day and heard him saying real fast, "3-5, 3-5, 3-5"

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 01/09/12 01:18 AM
All of the above except for the 6 pack, perfect wine guy... I'm not reall attracted to pretty boys who can dress better than me.

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 01/08/12 11:04 PM
Like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed <<<<<<REWIND>>>>>> Let's try this again... #GoingBackToBed

afriQueen22's photo
Sun 01/08/12 09:47 AM
Does it count as standing someone up if that person was late and you got tired of waiting?

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25