Community > Posts By > afriQueen22

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:35 PM
They are still running tests...

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:13 PM
My worst date is kind of a cliche: (about to cut a long story, short) We went to a nice restaurant, he ordered FOR me (thank gosh it wasn't a salad), spent the whole night telling me "stick with me and I'll make you famous" because of his fancy job; told me that I couldn't afford to live where I was living and laughed at what I do for a living (this was pre-date, probably should've read the signs). He told me that in 6 days he would mould me into what he wanted me to be, that I had rough edges he needed to chip away, and at the end of the night he informed me that I would be seeing him the next day. Yeah, right. From my flatmate I find out that the guys is actually married with 3 kids, and when I asked him about it, he asked me, "is that a problem?"... Yeah, now my sister is dating him.

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:00 PM
I was 6. He stuck his tongue down my throat, an act that is a distant relative on the mother's side of kissing. He was a blue eyed blonde and we got married. Sadly, it was not to be as my mom sent me to boarding school and when I came back during the holidays, his family had moved away :(

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 02/07/13 06:12 PM
I feel like taking a long walk to nowhere...

afriQueen22's photo
Mon 02/04/13 09:10 PM
As seen on twitter:
Normal person flirting: Hi, how are you?
Me flirting: Your face, I like that ****.

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 01/31/13 12:10 PM
All the men I've been with have been in their 40's, the oldest being 49. I find age sexy and appealing on a man. I also enjoy talking to them and listening to them, I crave knowledge so it makes sense to be with someone who has seen and knows so much.
Of course, not all older men are appealing. Some wear loneliness like a cloak, and you can't help feeling sorry for them (pity does not a good relationship make); and others, are too busy trying to act half their age, and that screams insecurity for me.
Nothing major against young guys, or guys my age, infact I know some really great ones. Dated a few too but I guess it's a matter of preference, I am in all ways (physically, mentally, emotionally) attracted to older men.

afriQueen22's photo
Thu 01/31/13 08:33 AM
No :(

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 10:48 AM
I really appreciate your kind words, but this isn't really personal. Well, as impersonal as any of my writings. They are a part of me but not really about me.
Infact this is an extract from the book I'm writing. I thought I'd try it as a stand alone piece.
But again, thank you. I believe that "she" is a brave lady out there in the real world. I hope she knows how much we admire her courage.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 10:43 AM

Awesome... full of emotion and indecision.
(not loving that you blamed the taxi driver... but understand the interuptions of life as they come.)
Nicely played and interwoven.flowerforyou

Wouldn't really say I blamed him.. If anything, he was that extra nudge she needed.
Thank you :)

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 09:04 AM
Yeah singing me a song would be great but call me weird, but I'd find it so much sweeter if he was a really bad singer and he did it.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 09:02 AM

i suppose, but i have to say that i love being read to. now, THAT is romantical. :)

Agreed!!!!!!!

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 08:47 AM

It's been a little while.... Nice write. flowerforyou smokin

More than a little... Thank you :)

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 08:41 AM
Totally agree.
Sad to say but I also had that issue. At first when I had to meet guys I'd met online I always made sure to wear heels becuase taller=skinnier=sexier and all that jazz. But then recently, I was tired from work and I really couldn't see myself donning a pair of break-your-neck sky scrapers so I wore flats. And guess what? He didn't go running for the hills, or pretend to be waiting for someone else. We actually had a good time.
So from my newly found experience I told her what one guy once said to me, your mind is what's sexy first. Of course, one could argue that nobody jerks off to personality.
I think if I've learnt anything is that I have to be comfortable in my own skin because that, like a bad rash, rubs off on people.
And plus, it's way too hard to be charming when I'm worried about twisting an ankle with every step I take.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 08:27 AM
She waited for him to leave for work. Stood at the door and waved him off with a smile; just like he wanted her to. Before that, she'd served his breakfast, 2 slices of toast, a rasher of bacon and eggs over-easy with the business section folded neatly next to his coffee; just like he'd taught her to.
He'd been in a good mood, and in his eyes she had seen a glimmer of what she'd first seen in him. Once she'd believed that sparkle would stay, and when it was gone, that it would return.
Once she had believed.
He'd said he would be back in time for dinner. She knew she would be long gone by then.

And now here she was in another city, hours away. She'd stood infront of the door for what seemed like hours, trying to work up the courage to walk out.
She was afraid he would suddenly return from work and see the taxi parked out front; walk in and see her lone travel bag by the door.
She was afraid she would leave and he would find her.
She was afraid that she would actually do it, and never return again. Even the released prisoner longs for his jail cell when confronted with a world he has long ceased to know.

In the end, it had been the taxi driver's impatient hooting that made her hand reach for the door knob, turn the handle, open the door, step outside, and walk away.
With every kilometre between them, her heart did not suddenly grow lighter and she felt no hope. Fear travelled on the empty seat beside her on the bus, counting the hours, noting the time, looking back and looking forward, as if death were at either door.
And now, here she was.

L.Y.N

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 07:56 AM
Recently, I was massaging a client who was telling me about this great guy she met online but how she was scared to meet him in real life because she thought she was too short, and still had a couple of kilos more to lose etc.
Now that I'm ready to start dating and I'm back on Mingle, I have to ask myself, do I think I'm good enough, now? Not when I've lost this last roll of belly fat and not when my thighs look like a model's. I'm talking about right this second, if Mr Right or Might-Be-Right should suddenly message me, would I jump at the opportunity to meet him, or would I keep hiding behind Times New Roman, font 14?

What about you? Are you ready, now?

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 07:32 AM
More deal breakers for me are flashy guys. I hate having money flaunted in my face. I get it you've got it!!! It's not that I'm not comfortable being with someone wealthier than I am but when you're doing the whole, rap video thing, it definately turns me off. Your money won't distract me from the fact that you're a complete twit.
And as I said before, it's your mind that does it for me so if you aren't really well read and all u can talk to me about is who you were with, where and how much u spent *yawn*, I'll pass.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 07:26 AM

The deal breaker for me is a stuck up guy that loves himself more than me. That totally turns me off!
[In The Fountainhead] the hero utters a line that has often been quoted by readers: “To say ‘I love you’ one must know first how to say the ‘I.’”

Playboy Interview: Ayn Rand
Playboy, March 1964

I love that line... But I think there's a difference between self-confidence and being self-assured, and complete narcissism. It's a very fine line, but it's there.

afriQueen22's photo
Wed 01/30/13 07:24 AM

A chick with narcolepsy. Don't you dare fall asleep in your soup while I am talking. :tongue:

:laughing:

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 07:36 PM

what makes you know if you are feeling inlove or just lust?

If you just met the person, then it is lust.

Or you're hungry. I sometimes have a hard time differentiating between butterflies and hunger.

huh Hungry for what?

Food, of course!

afriQueen22's photo
Tue 01/29/13 07:14 PM
What are your relationship deal breakers? Or maybe on a date, what is the one thing your date could do, or say that would have u feigning an emergency, like your friend's sister's daughter'd cat dies and you'd forgotten that the funeral was right that second?!

I find the sexiest thing about a guy is his mind, he doesn't have to possess book smarts but u know, it doesn't have to sit there growing dusty either. So when one day a guy I could've been interested in asked me what a groin was, I sort of started backing away. Seems like a non-issue but it's the little things really.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25