Community > Posts By > Bastet127

Bastet127's photo
Tue 05/11/21 06:28 PM
O.(h) so very intense, without even knowing from where this comes within you,
I felt every raw emotion. Bravo, yet again :heart:

Bastet127's photo
Thu 05/06/21 04:44 AM

If people would not have questioned authority people would still think the earth is flat and paid money to the church for not burning in hell.

Questioning authority has nothing to do with conspiracies, it has to do with trust.

Granted, trust can be broken by conspiracies which have come to light but the lack of trust is not the conspiracy.

Censorship is not always a conspiracy.
There are things which the average person doesn't need to know, shouldn't know and doesn't involve them personally.

Governments have secrets. Not all secrets are conspiracies.
Some secrets are secret to keep the average citizen safe.
Some secrets are kept to prevent civil panic or unrest because not all the facts can be revealed.

An agenda does not necessarily mean conspiracy.

A conspiracy is a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

When considering governments, 'harmful' is intended to mean the citizens of said government. Just because you consider it harmful to you doesn't mean it is harmful to the average citizen.

Real government conspiracies do happen but not as often as many believe.

Bingo! Thank you for this, it puts perspective on what I’ve been trying to define, personally.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 05/04/21 07:17 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Tue 05/04/21 07:18 PM

If someone has to be brainwashed to take protection against a virus that has killed 3.1 million people worldwide, I don’t know what to say to that. And if it’s only shown to be deadly .08 percent is the argument, who is being selfish here? How many would there be if it weren’t for the stay at home, or no vaccine? Did you lose a loved one?

How anyone living in democracy is comparing this to Nazi Germany is beyond me. Anne Frank lived in an attic for four years.

If you get caught drinking and driving, you’re arrested. Is that taking your freedom away or is that a consequence of your actions?

How much of this is still democratic when a large group thinks and chooses and then gets excluded and robbed of their freedom?
Why can't you even open up to see the other side of it all? Even to entertain the possibility of you having had the wool pulled over your eyes?
How can you agree with loads of people that will be robbed of their freedom? How is THAT democracy? How is THAT not selfish?
Comparing this to drinking and driving is like comparing tomatoes and cheese. it makes no sense whatsoever.

You now call lots of people -including me- selfish? Do you feel that's right, only because I exercise my right of freedom and my right to choose?
Anne Frank was one Jew, 6 million were murdered.
Would you agree if the people who choose to remain natural would be put in camps?
How far does your conviction go and how far would you be willing to go to condemn other people who have a different belief -which should be their right if it was truly a democracy.
Would you be fine if I was confined to my home for the rest of my life? Or put in a camp, forced to do labour work, be experimented on, barely given any food? Ridded of my own clothes and belongings, forced to wear camp clothes?
Who are you and others like you to rob me of my democratic rights and the freedom to choose, to live a dignified, human-worthy life?
In a democracy one group of people do NOT have the right to rob other people of their rights and freedom. So how is your conviction congruent with democracy? It is fascistic or communistic.
How have you then not been brainwashed to step out of democratic thinking into fascistic thinking?

Just questions to consider, not to answer.

We're truly not far away from people who chose the vaccine, and the ones who are scared, to condone all this and forcing the other group into a real bad situation.
So... who's selfish here...

I didn’t call anyone selfish for taking or not taking the vaccine. I pointed out that the people I hear say only .08% of the population have died, and then add comments here like “maybe eliminating the weak people is not such a bad idea, or they would have died in a year or two anyway” it’s appalling. And yes, that ideology is selfish. I do not care one way or the other whether a person gets the vaccine or not, I agree, it’s their choice. I resent the tone in all the passive agressive responses here with “8th grade” mentality, etc., I consider myself an intelligent person, and I will just bow out of this discussion as we have a completely different outlook on life and I refuse to get pulled into this extremist thought.

The world must be flat otherwise we would all fall off, you must be an "extremist" if you think it is round. Last time I checked this is the Science and Philosophy section, not the "Politically Correct" section. Things are not always black and white, or what we are told to believe. It takes an open mind to think outside the box that has been formed around us. Science has been a big part of human development, making things up has also been a big part of what makes us human. An "intelligent" person should be more open to different views and understand that they have been programmed to believe what the man wants them to believe. Selfish is one of humans most powerful traits, I see it more and more each day in people. Some know that they are selfish and try to compensate for it, while others are just clueless and therefore unable to open their minds to others. Selfish is keeping Grandma alive while she is in pain and hooked up to machines just because you are afraid to let go of a life. In nature if you take an animal out of a nest and put it back often times the mother will reject or kill it even if there is nothing wrong with it. People forget that people are animals too, but humans have altered much of their natural instinct for better and worse. I really do wish they would teach people in the "8th grade" to think a little deeper into why things are the way they are, and that they are not required to conform to everything their elders have taught them. Things like religion should be chosen by the user, not passed down by each generation. The problem with the pandemic is so much of it needed to be rushed thru without any science involved. The "experts" had maybe 2 or 3 months getting to know the virus. Would you want me operating on you after 2 or 3 months of studying it? Do masks really make things better? Or worse? Maybe the stop the occasional bodily guild from coming into contact? Or maybe touching the mask makes it easier to transmit? Or maybe breathing the same warm air helps incubate the virus? The data is not out there. What are the long term affects of the vaccines? How long will the vaccine last? What about mutated viruses? There is so much that is just a guess and yet the high up politicians took control often disagreeing with other politicians and waving their magic wand like a dictator. Every time you get into a car you have a risk of dying, yet billions of people do it everyday. Everything in life has its risks, and sooner or later everyone of us will die from something.

I agree with much of what you have said. My issue is that I don’t believe the pandemic is
worldwide facism as someone said or that we are all walking around like some brainwashed
zombies unable to still think for ourselves and we will all be living under a dictatorship. We
have people still alive today that fought against facism and if it came to that, we’d do it again.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 05/03/21 01:39 PM

If someone has to be brainwashed to take protection against a virus that has killed 3.1 million people worldwide, I don’t know what to say to that. And if it’s only shown to be deadly .08 percent is the argument, who is being selfish here? How many would there be if it weren’t for the stay at home, or no vaccine? Did you lose a loved one?

How anyone living in democracy is comparing this to Nazi Germany is beyond me. Anne Frank lived in an attic for four years.

If you get caught drinking and driving, you’re arrested. Is that taking your freedom away or is that a consequence of your actions?

How much of this is still democratic when a large group thinks and chooses and then gets excluded and robbed of their freedom?
Why can't you even open up to see the other side of it all? Even to entertain the possibility of you having had the wool pulled over your eyes?
How can you agree with loads of people that will be robbed of their freedom? How is THAT democracy? How is THAT not selfish?
Comparing this to drinking and driving is like comparing tomatoes and cheese. it makes no sense whatsoever.

You now call lots of people -including me- selfish? Do you feel that's right, only because I exercise my right of freedom and my right to choose?
Anne Frank was one Jew, 6 million were murdered.
Would you agree if the people who choose to remain natural would be put in camps?
How far does your conviction go and how far would you be willing to go to condemn other people who have a different belief -which should be their right if it was truly a democracy.
Would you be fine if I was confined to my home for the rest of my life? Or put in a camp, forced to do labour work, be experimented on, barely given any food? Ridded of my own clothes and belongings, forced to wear camp clothes?
Who are you and others like you to rob me of my democratic rights and the freedom to choose, to live a dignified, human-worthy life?
In a democracy one group of people do NOT have the right to rob other people of their rights and freedom. So how is your conviction congruent with democracy? It is fascistic or communistic.
How have you then not been brainwashed to step out of democratic thinking into fascistic thinking?

Just questions to consider, not to answer.

We're truly not far away from people who chose the vaccine, and the ones who are scared, to condone all this and forcing the other group into a real bad situation.
So... who's selfish here...

I didn’t call anyone selfish for taking or not taking the vaccine. I pointed out that the people I hear say only .08% of the population have died, and then add comments here like “maybe eliminating the weak people is not such a bad idea, or they would have died in a year or two anyway” it’s appalling. And yes, that ideology is selfish. I do not care one way or the other whether a person gets the vaccine or not, I agree, it’s their choice. I resent the tone in all the passive agressive responses here with “8th grade” mentality, etc., I consider myself an intelligent person, and I will just bow out of this discussion as we have a completely different outlook on life and I refuse to get pulled into this extremist thought.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 05/02/21 07:54 AM

Bastet127's photo
Wed 04/28/21 07:10 PM
Is it too late to respond? lol

I thought about this and for me, that question would be like the cliff notes. Why read
the whole book when that will give me the synopsis. A good conversation should lead to
those things, organically. Plus, you might learn a whole lot more. Be crafty. :)

Bastet127's photo
Wed 04/28/21 06:57 PM
The problem is that I don’t think most people enter into a relationship thinking it will
end one day. The love is new and grand and forever it shall be. If it ends, whether
you say it ended or it failed, you’re speaking to the relationship, not the people being
failures. Sounds like semantics to me.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 04/23/21 05:15 AM
My pink Moon affects seem to revolve around work. That’s no fun! But, I will
still enjoy it :) Thanks for always remembering to share the full Moons Crystal.flowerforyou

Bastet127's photo
Fri 04/23/21 05:10 AM
I’ve read about the Disinhibition Affect, the psychology. behind this, it’s quite fascinating.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 04/19/21 06:17 PM
I honestly think it takes more courage to not say ‘I love you’ back if it’s not what you’re
feeling. As has been mentioned, it’s not always said with the best intentions. When you
know, you know and I don’t have a problem saying it. If it’s not reciprocated, I’m okay
with that because I don’t just love to get love back. It’s a preferable outcome, but, I love
who I love.

(and Hi back Crystal flowerforyou I know you said hello in another thread, but I was rushing
off to work and didn’t get a chance lol)

Bastet127's photo
Mon 04/19/21 05:03 AM

Open-minded is part of the tolerance movement fostered by progressice liberals and it goes something like this: if you try every drug you'll eventually be cured. Obviously it might kill you first, or worse. It's a gamble but not impossible. Opposites may attract but they also disagree alot.

What’s worse than “it might kill you first”? And I can’t make a connection with any
of the logic you have presented.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 04/15/21 09:22 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Thu 04/15/21 09:39 PM

So what excuses can you all come up with for the deadly shooting of
13 year old, Adam Toledo, by a chicago police officer?

We don't need excuses. So why is a 13 year old boy running around with a 21 year old thug at 2:30 in the morning? The police call was for shots fired. Toledo ran from the cop until he got to a fence where he threw the GUN he was holding as he was putting up his hands. Its a split second decision on the cop to shot or be shot. Shot first and ask questions later if you want to live another day. Not sure why this story is relevant unless you are trying to prove it is not only black people being killed by cops.

Read the OP again, it stated nothing about race. He was told to turn around and put
his hands up, which he did, and then he was shot in the chest. No excuses can make
this right.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 04/15/21 06:40 PM
So what excuses can you all come up with for the deadly shooting of
13 year old, Adam Toledo, by a chicago police officer?

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/30/21 06:38 PM
The hardest part of all this has been missing my kids and grandkids. That, I would
never get used to. Other than that, I pretty much did all my usual stuff and to this
day I’ve yet to see anyone not wearing a mask. I live in a very democratic state lol.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/30/21 05:13 AM
Zoom meetings have been much more productive, none of that idle before and
after chit chat. I’m hoping they become a permanent thing.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/24/21 05:03 AM

This is so horrific, I can’t even begin to imagine how devestating this is for
the families. I heard that the police officer killed had 7 children. As a gun owner,
I had no problems whatsoever going through handgun training and background
check, 7 day waiting period, etc. I don’t understand why this is an issue.

Colorado had an assault weapon ban since 2018, but a judged overturned it
10 days before this recent shooting. The shooter bought the gun 6 days
before the shooting. It’s possible this never would have happened.

Banning ‘assault weapons’ won’t stop these attacks. If someone is hell bent on shooting innocent bystanders they will use whatever weapon is available. To think if these weapons are banned than these attacks will stop is just plain naive. I don’t think we have heard about this guys background. He may have been able to own a gun.

Everyone’s a law-abiding citizen until they aren’t. You’ll never hear about the person
that maybe the gun laws in their state kept them from doing something so horrific.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/23/21 07:21 PM

Define "assault weapon" sorry to burst your bubble but there can be no such thing since assault is a verb not an adjective.

The shooter was a rabid anti-Trumper and another left wing nut like 99.999% of the mass shooters have been.

The weapon had nothing to do with anything EXCEPT Piglosi and Feinstein are trying to ram thru an "assault weapons" ban and conveniently a leftie nut job committed a mass assault. Funny how that happens every time.

Of course the largest amount of people shot dead by a mass shooter was in Texas in the 70's when a lone gunman with a 4 round bolt action Remington rifle shot over 30 from the bell tower at the university.

Facts really suck don't they and no if you are for bans, waiting periods, universal background checks and all the other leftie wing tripe you are NOT a gun owner but a troll shill.

It’s not a political issue, it’s a common sense issue. Get a grip.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/23/21 07:13 PM
Tears don’t come easy for me, but I just read, as an Aquarian, music
is very emotional for me, and that is true.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/23/21 06:50 PM
This is so horrific, I can’t even begin to imagine how devestating this is for
the families. I heard that the police officer killed had 7 children. As a gun owner,
I had no problems whatsoever going through handgun training and background
check, 7 day waiting period, etc. I don’t understand why this is an issue.

Colorado had an assault weapon ban since 2018, but a judged overturned it
10 days before this recent shooting. The shooter bought the gun 6 days
before the shooting. It’s possible this never would have happened.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 03/23/21 04:44 AM

How do feel biden winning US Pres. of the United States

Thrilled beyond belief, along with the majority of Americans
who voted out the ineffective and voted in someone capable
of doing the job.

I feel safe again.

I can see you feeling safe again. Because Biden is. such a wimp he will probably give in to anything China wants. Biden wants to apologize for America while Trump was defending our rights and status as a nation.

If you consider diplomacy being apologetic and bullying being defending our rights
and status as a nation, your statement has merit. Biden has no plans to change the previous
administrations stance on China. It is refreshing not to hear Covid referred to
as the Kung Flu from a POTUS, but the damage has already been done.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25