Seven!

Bastet127's photo
Sun 10/09/22 05:50 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Sun 10/09/22 05:51 PM

12/24/2026 BREAKING NEWS :

12 Year Old Girl Awarded the Prestigious
"UNITED COMMUNIST STATES OF AMERICA METAL OF HONOR"
for Righteously turning in Her Parents,
Who were hiding the Obsolete American Flag and the Outlawed Bible in their Basement.

That would only happen if the fat guy with orange hair gets reelected and since he will be in jail it's not going to.

New Kid in Town :

Then You Will Have to Put 75 MILLION PATRIOTS
in Jail with President Trump !!

I intend to FIGHT TO THE DEATH for My Country !!

Oh you talking about the ones who stormed the Capital on January 6th trying to overturn the valid election and install a dictator to rule a democracy?

Sounds like someone has been watching that fantastic fable about the Jan. 6 witch hunt project. Another good one is “ the wizard of oz.

I really wish it had been a witch hunt. That day was a disturbing day to say the least. To think some people can be so brainwashed by a narcissist psycho should be a sad day for all of us that believe in the democratic system our country is build upon.

Bastet127's photo
Sat 10/08/22 08:14 AM
And this thread, ladies and gentlemen, is how Congress works.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 09/26/22 08:13 PM

"As they look at the wall before them, they believe the shadows of objects cast by the moving figures are real things"

, and the only things.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 09/26/22 07:56 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Mon 09/26/22 08:17 PM
There’s 332 million people in the US. That’s a lot of people who all have their own beliefs and make their own choices. So are you saying that if they have different views from what you consider God and family, they are choosing the “we have nothing” route? Also, if you research great civilizations, none of the 3 pillars you mentioned are mentioned, with the some times mentioned exception, religion. But, the US has freedom of religion, yes?

While I do believe in capitalism, I also feel that is has had the greatest impact on the family unit than anything the government has ever done. But, I’m open to other thoughts.

Bastet127's photo
Thu 07/07/22 07:03 PM
The latest buzz is he got his hairdresser pregnant. Unbelievable!!! The man has a hairdresser????

Bastet127's photo
Wed 07/06/22 06:29 PM

You can include me in the 86% of us that disapprove of our current President. His ideology of wrecking our economy to put us on a level playing field as other countries is ludicrous. It’s like the high schools dropping eg classes for the very smart students because its unfair to some students that are just getting by. That is ludicrous. Inflation increased 400% since Biden took over and before Putin invaded Ukraine. It’s gone up about 10% since Putins invasion. He says the border is closed while anybody that has eyes and actually notices or cares sees differently. Biden hasn’t got a ounce of integrity or humility to acknowledge his war on fossil fuels are the reason people are going thru their savings account to pay much more now for every day items. Now we find out a lot of OUR strategic oil reserve is being sold over seas and to China . How much has gas gone down since joe announced the release of that oil? None!… while joe blames everyone from Putin to gas station owners to climate change to the pandemic to republicans the same people he’s trying to convince blame him. All the speeches in the world cannot change that.

It’s my opinion that Biden won the election because he was the least wrong candidate. I don’t think anyone elected in these times will be very effective because of the bipartisanship. I do think that allowing the SCOTUS to seemingly become the power of the US is a huge mistake.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 06/17/22 08:35 AM

I’m glad he finally got around to it after two or three weeks of pelosi stalling it in the house. 27 dems voted against this bill because the assignation attempt was against a conservative judge. And we still haven’t heard a peep from any democrat condemning violence against conservatives.in fact we hear some democrat leaders calling for their followers to confront and harass anyone that disagrees with their agenda

No one voted against protecting them, they wanted the protection expanded to other at-risk groups. Unless you have proof, stop putting words in others mouths. You post your opinion as if it’s truth and that’s just wrong.

As far as harassment goes, Pastor Mark Burns, a republican running for senate in SC, campaigned on the arrest and execution of people that support LGBTQ+ rights. He lost the recent primary, thank goodness. And trump is the king of inciting his followers, they tried to overthrow the government. When you get caught up in the whole republicans v democrats thing it can often lead you to look like a hypocrite. And yes, it goes both ways.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 06/17/22 03:30 AM
Supreme Court justices already receive protection, the bill, which was signed into law yesterday, is to extend protection to their family. The hold up was because dems wanted to include protection for employees and other high court judges, which the GOP said nay to.

Bastet127's photo
Wed 06/15/22 07:36 AM

Careful Red, they will label you as a white extremist for daring to criticize a teacher.

I guess it makes the world more bearable for you if you label everyone and make sweeping assumptions about their beliefs. 60% of Americans want too see stricter gun laws, this includes people across political parties. A large majority would like bans on assault weapons, which includes the armalife AR15, also know as the M16 in the military. You can argue the 2nd amendment, but I really don’t see our forefathers supporting such a weapon that is being used to kill mass citizens. I’m not a right wing or a liberal, I’m a citizen who is sick and tired of people abusing the 2nd amendment and using it against other innocent people, including children. How much worse does this have to get before something is done to help mitigate these senseless horrors?

You keep blaming the AR 15 , ok let’s say they round up all the AR15s and destroy them. Do you think the next person that decides they want to commit one of these acts will say “ no more AR15s oh we’ll never mind” wishful thinking. That person is going to grab a .22 rifle that is semi automatic. The same outcome different weapon. Than we will have to give up or .22s the basic hunting rifle…. My point is this ban this type gun than ban that type gun, where does it end? On the other hand f we harden the security of our schools and put armed gaurds to secure the school grounds , that is a more doable idea.

I’m not against also hardening security at schools. This doesn’t just happen at schools. Five years ago 49 people were killed at a night club. We’ve had mass shootings at grocery stores churches and on and on. Where does that end? No ban will eliminate this, but we can help to mitigate it. Military type assault weapons, which are weapons designed to kill large amounts of people are for the military. Hunting rifles are not affected by this and I don’t see that ever happening.

They keep going back to schools, blame the teacher for not locking the door. It happens more places then that. Even after you say this they deflect & say the same thing over & over. I agree with everything you're saying. Nobody needs war weapons, period.

It can, and does, happen anywhere, but it’s hard for some to move past that because it doesn’t neatly align with the “just close the door” ridiculousness. If they want to have a military weapon, join/re-enlist, I’m sure the military would be happy to have them.

Bastet127's photo
Tue 06/14/22 05:35 AM

You are right, guns don't kill people, it's the bullets that kill people, and usually that bullet is set off by somebody firing a gun. So why do people not talk about restricting bullets? If they just want to own guns for target practice make the bullets non-leathel.
It would be silly for the cops and military not to have guns, do you think this is Europe and they are going to run around with Billy clubs? It's kill or be killed, and they are trained to kill to stop the threat. If you don't want to get shot then don't commit a crime. Just like in any profession their are a few bad apples like Mohammed Noor that shot right in front of his partner and killed Justine Damon, but the majority of the shooting are justified.

With your logic why aren't the bullets being charged with murder?

America is a Republic, the US Government is a legislative democracy.

A republic is self governing, whether an individual or a Corporate Body Politic.
As such in america the individual who has not knowingly, willingly, voluntarily with an intelligent act entered into an agreement to become subject to the jurisdiction of Corporate Body Politics has every right to procure what ever kind of fire power they desire, without the consent of or knowledge of Corporate Body Politics ( Governments).

Citizenship of this republic requires one to follow federal, state, and local laws. What you describe is why illegal immigration is such an issue.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 05:40 PM

From Politico, 13 June 2022:

"The Jan. 6 select committee's case that former President Donald Trump stoked a violent insurrection rests on a fundamental premise: Trump was endlessly told, over and over, that his claims of election fraud were false. And he amplified them anyway."

Granted, people who worship Trump will continue to do this:

3rd World kangaroo court, no one to represent defendants. .. so why watch, we know the ending. Trump bad , his supporters racist… but nobody cares. It’s at the bottom of concerns by voters. Where’s the prime time hearing on the outrageous gas and food prices caused by Biden’s policies. That and the border fiasco is what people are worried about, not a protest at the Capitol . Most Americans have forgotten that protest. What they do remember are the BLM and antifa riots in 2020.

Maybe you have forgotten the Capitol riots, but don’t project that onto the millions of others that do care about that. If a group of militants came in from another country and did that, maybe even you would care. Just because it was American citizens doesn’t make it just a protest. Consult the proud boys and oath keepers if you need to understand their objective.

Yea, if it was a invasion I would care . And thank God we have guns for the citizens to protect ourselves. But what happened on Jan. 6 was several pissed off people let their anger get the best of them and without much thought or rational they set their sites on the place to best express that anger , the Capitol. In their mind the politicians were responsible for the new but still unconstitutional voting law changes. And they felt cheated. To protest is a natural response when felt cheated.. ..an insurrection requires a method to give a upper hand. Guns would be that upper hand, none were used by the protesters. There was assaults but no way was that fiasco a planned insurrection.

So the proud boys founder pleading guilty to conspiracy and assault on Jan 6 and that the group’s goal was stopping the government from carrying out the transfer of presidential power is all incorrect because you say so? It was understood from discussions that the Proud Boys would pursue their objective through the use of force and violence.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 04:46 PM

From Politico, 13 June 2022:

"The Jan. 6 select committee's case that former President Donald Trump stoked a violent insurrection rests on a fundamental premise: Trump was endlessly told, over and over, that his claims of election fraud were false. And he amplified them anyway."

Granted, people who worship Trump will continue to do this:

3rd World kangaroo court, no one to represent defendants. .. so why watch, we know the ending. Trump bad , his supporters racist… but nobody cares. It’s at the bottom of concerns by voters. Where’s the prime time hearing on the outrageous gas and food prices caused by Biden’s policies. That and the border fiasco is what people are worried about, not a protest at the Capitol . Most Americans have forgotten that protest. What they do remember are the BLM and antifa riots in 2020.

Maybe you have forgotten the Capitol riots, but don’t project that onto the millions of others that do care about that. If a group of militants came in from another country and did that, maybe even you would care. Just because it was American citizens doesn’t make it just a protest. Consult the proud boys and oath keepers if you need to understand their objective.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 02:46 PM
And as far as Canada goes, the number 1 source of illegal guns in Canada is the US. All roads point back to the US.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 02:39 PM
Let’s go back to Mexico’s gun problem. Did you know that estimates show 70-90% of the guns used come from the US? We, along with other countries like Nicaragua, basically supply the cartel.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 11:53 AM

Careful Red, they will label you as a white extremist for daring to criticize a teacher.

I guess it makes the world more bearable for you if you label everyone and make sweeping assumptions about their beliefs. 60% of Americans want too see stricter gun laws, this includes people across political parties. A large majority would like bans on assault weapons, which includes the armalife AR15, also know as the M16 in the military. You can argue the 2nd amendment, but I really don’t see our forefathers supporting such a weapon that is being used to kill mass citizens. I’m not a right wing or a liberal, I’m a citizen who is sick and tired of people abusing the 2nd amendment and using it against other innocent people, including children. How much worse does this have to get before something is done to help mitigate these senseless horrors?

You keep blaming the AR 15 , ok let’s say they round up all the AR15s and destroy them. Do you think the next person that decides they want to commit one of these acts will say “ no more AR15s oh we’ll never mind” wishful thinking. That person is going to grab a .22 rifle that is semi automatic. The same outcome different weapon. Than we will have to give up or .22s the basic hunting rifle…. My point is this ban this type gun than ban that type gun, where does it end? On the other hand f we harden the security of our schools and put armed gaurds to secure the school grounds , that is a more doable idea.

I’m not against also hardening security at schools. This doesn’t just happen at schools. Five years ago 49 people were killed at a night club. We’ve had mass shootings at grocery stores churches and on and on. Where does that end? No ban will eliminate this, but we can help to mitigate it. Military type assault weapons, which are weapons designed to kill large amounts of people are for the military. Hunting rifles are not affected by this and I don’t see that ever happening.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 09:47 AM

If "gun control" laws worked Mexico would be a pretty safe country.

Mexico has extremely restrictive laws regarding gun possession. There is only one gun store in the entire country, and it takes months of paperwork to have a chance at purchasing one legally.

A total of 34,582 cases of homicide occurred in Mexico in 2019, up from 33,369 the year before. In 2020 there were 34,515 homicides.

The population in Mexico in 2020 was 128,932,753.

In 2020, there were 21,570 reported cases of murder or non-negligent manslaughter in the United States.

The population of U.S. in 2020 was 331,002,651.

Numbers don't lie......and from data it's obvious that restrictive laws doesn't stop murders in Mexico or the US cities with the most restrictive laws. Criminals commit crimes, whether it's car jacking, theft or murders because they IGNORE laws.

Drops the mike!

If "gun control" laws worked Canada would be a pretty safe country. Oh wait, it is!

Bastet127's photo
Mon 06/13/22 09:45 AM

Bastet127's photo
Sun 06/12/22 12:50 PM

Schlage Lock co. has been making a door latch for years called "Classroom" lock for years. With a latch shield, no one can get it open.

Detex, Von Duprin, Medico, Sargent have all made crash bars that can't be defeated from the outside. All of those are designed in such a way that it takes a special wrench to defeat the panic bar. From the inside.

What is needed? People that are able to close doors. Or even a door closer that's mounted to the top of the door. All fire doors are equipped to do so.

I know, because I have installed these systems in schools.

Schools need exterior doors locked, equipped with panic bars. All school doors open out, thats fire code. They need armed security with metal detectors at the front doors. And Maglocks, that can only be opened by someone inside. Local School boards can do that, in order to keep kids safe.

I'll go one step further. Uvaldi would have been one idiot running about the halls, had the teachers shut the classroom doors. It wouldn't even have hit the national news.

It's all the things that can be done NOW, without a bunch of peabrained politicians running about trying to take guns away from everyone.

Blaming this on the teachers not closing their doors takes a special kind of idiot.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 06/12/22 08:12 AM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61772039
Thousands of protesters are gathering across the US to call for stricter gun laws in the wake of last month's mass shooting in Texas.

Gun safety group March For Our Lives - founded by survivors of the 2018 Parkland school shooting - said some 450 rallies were planned for Saturday.

It said it would not let politicians "sit back" as people continue to die.

US President Joe Biden backed the protests, calling on Congress to "pass common sense gun safety legislation".

Nineteen children and two adults were killed in the 24 May shooting at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas.

That attack, and another days earlier in Buffalo, New York, in which 10 people were killed, has led to renewed calls for action on gun control in the US.

Girls at March For Our Lives demonstration in Washington

March For Our Lives (MFOL) said political leaders' inaction was killing Americans.

"We will no longer allow you to sit back while people continue to die," Trevon Bosley, a MFOL board member, said in a statement.

Speaking to protesters in Washington DC, one of the survivors of the Parkland shooting, David Hogg, said the killings of children in Uvalde "should fill us with rage and demands for change, not endless debate, but demands for change, now."

Garnell Whitfield, whose 86-year-old mother was killed in the racially-motivated shooting in Buffalo, New York on 14 May, told crowds in Washington: "We are here to demand justice.

"We are here to stand with those who are bold enough to demand sensible gun legislation."

Among other policies, MFOL has called for an assault weapons ban, universal background checks for those trying to purchase guns and a national licensing system, which would register gun owners.

Rallies are being held in cities including Washington, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Your "sensible" gun rules are not sensible and should be discarded. When will the anti-guns be willing to engage in actual discussions with the opposing viewpoint?

I’m not anti-gun, I’m a gun owner. And I’ll have a discussion about sensible gun regulations. What about banning AR15’s is not sensible to you?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25