Community > Posts By > jaish

jaish's photo
Wed 02/16/22 09:11 AM

A few years ago I was contracted to build a factory in China, in order to do that I had to live there for 2 years... not pleasant. But I did get a prespective of looking in at America from the outside and gained a view of how we are perceived from other countries. And the best way to put it is that America is that big strong retarded kid on your street, you want him to fight for you but you don't want to hang out with him. If we are not needed and not liked and our usefulness is not longer appreciated then by all means we should " bugger off" ..and pull our troops.

What about the Chinese in Taiwan?

jaish's photo
Wed 02/16/22 08:53 AM
Edited by jaish on Wed 02/16/22 09:00 AM
Hahahaha,

Seriously the photos reminded me of a famous wrestler whose name slips - so let's settle for Bud Spencer. Women are terrified about weight but get comforted by words like big, huge ... Also, one of the pictures: 'People born in 40s, 50s, 60s .., is an outstanding writeup. Why more?

If you insist on holding on, suggest you flip the entire write up on it's head and squeeze it to 2 short paras. Let them beg for more.

Ex: If you touch a chord in my heart, a warm all embracing hug you may receive.

Rip out '"assertive and direct",, and replace with ..., looking for an angel to mellow me more ..,

The 'explorer ' part is a knockout but got blanketed by your resistance to E&A. The cane you carry is for the safari one presumes.

jaish's photo
Wed 02/16/22 05:36 AM
To start us off, here’s one:

‘He drives from the passenger seat.’

Hint: Relationships

jaish's photo
Wed 02/16/22 05:36 AM
The Game is in continuing the thread.

So someone posts a phrase like:

'Got to see a man about a horse'

Qualify: To post your phrase, first explain what the previous phrase means:

1. In our example what 'seeing a horse' means.

2. Or, where / when, is this phrase most often heard. [Cheers Bar]

3. Or, any other tit bit

Allowed: Google for meaning

Not allowed:

a. Rephrasing 'horse' with 'dog', etc.

b. Non PG 13 slanging like: 'He's been spreading seed all around campus'; etc.

c. No obvious phrases, (including from songs) like
'I can see you're out of aces' [Gambler]

d. Religious phrases or from fables like:
'Casting the first stone' or 'belling the cat.'

e. Political like 'Way to go Brandon'
It's a no, no.

f. Posting emojis other than a :thumbsup:

Too many Rules? Worry not, they are written on water.

jaish's photo
Sat 02/12/22 03:02 AM

It's asinine, because the vaccine saves millions of lives and it's such a tiny shot. Protesting the vaccine is almost as dumb as people taking ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine instead. Such Idiots!

It's not so tiny a shot for some of us. (after 2 shots + recent booster shot). It can be, esp. the first shot, a life & death experience.

Detail: Covid vaccines are nothing but generating a new breed of antibodies. known that when person receives the first shot, the bank of existing antibodies, (including those for small pox, polio, etc.; pre-existing in normal people) is activated to squelch this 'unknown'. For a person like me, (no, I'm not a trucker; but a site construction guy exposed to unhygienic food, water); the range of antibodies is larger and 12 hours after the first shot I went through a 30 min. period of fever & near seizure. The day I took the booster shot, I actually said my goodbyes to a relative, before night.

It's a tough situation for people exposed to tough outdoor conditions and I think their PM is not handling it right.

jaish's photo
Sat 02/12/22 02:05 AM
Google's answer on 'Why is Canada so underdeveloped?'

The simple answer is that the underdeveloped technology is not worth anything, and the climate makes Canada unsuitable for anything other than feeding resources into the tech giant to our south who have been kind enough to let us keep our land as long as we promise not to become a Chinese colony.

jaish's photo
Fri 02/11/22 08:30 PM

best comeback reply yet lol

:thumbsup:
Goes into the folder: Zigma Male

jaish's photo
Fri 02/11/22 08:23 PM
According to the Daily Mail ..

Military general says Australia's armed forces would run out of fuel within a WEEK if attacked by an invading army

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5237179/Jim-Molan-Australian-forces-useless-week.html

As they say, there's no joke without a fire.

jaish's photo
Wed 02/09/22 08:23 PM
Edited by jaish on Wed 02/09/22 08:27 PM
Talk of Trends: Children in Scandinavian countries are allowed to roam around in forests

Daily mail says: With parents

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3302171/Inside-Scandinavian-style-forest-schools-parents-PAY-children-learn-dirty-play-knives-light-fires.html

Picture of kindergarten class in Sweden:

Those days, the convent school I studied was away from city, on a hill; behind were more hills - rocks and shrubs. The school limited boys to 3rd class and then got transferred to the boys school or others. I remember the lunch break, time to roam; and fight. What a life! No playgrounds (in city schools) could compete with those hills. :smile:

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 05:25 PM
Edited by jaish on Tue 02/08/22 05:26 PM

My rational clarity didn't really hit full force till I ended up disabled, divorced and alone. I've learned to avoid my common mistakes from gaining life wisdom.
No, I am certainly NOT an angel. Just an experienced person who tries to spread basic wisdom about life.

:thumbsup:

To this, add; the 'peaceful way' of presentation.

But if you insist, we may downgrade to Saint.
'St. Tom', yeah!

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 06:47 AM
So what's the takeaway?

The doctors once told me I had arthritis in my joints and to take it easy, so I said ‘I’ll fix that up, I’ll run it out.’ So I kept running and it disappeared,” Young told an interviewer about exercising as he aged. “It is like rust that gets into a vehicle. Well, I think it was like rust in me. I reckon you have to keep your joints moving. Absolutely. No matter what you do, you have to keep moving. If you don’t wear out, you rust out, and you rust out quicker than you wear out.

https://www.adventure-journal.com/2017/05/61-year-old-shepherd-shuffled-way-unlikely-ultra-win/

Worked for Cliff. Perhaps because he started early on in his fifties and with all that lamb bone soup which he forgot to mention. :smile:

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 04:12 AM

Thread is two years old. Dude is probably living in a van down by the river now.

Two years!

Funny, the following script in its entirety, makes more sense now.

That's nothing.
I hate the very fabric of reality.
I despise entrophy.
The very fact that things decay from a pristine state is a defect in reality.
Try living with that?

Not only do I wish I never had to experience this reality, I hate the idea that I might live forever in any shape or form.

All beauty in this reality is subject to decay.
It doesn't matter what it is.
The very fact that anything grows old at all is proof that this reality is defective.
You can have it.

Gladly, my time in this reality is almost up.
Hopefully, it will be the end.
I certainly don't want to go thru this again.

Had these same thoughts.
I would never do myself harm, but I'll be glad when the end-of-shift whistle blows. "It is an irksome task men have been given to do under the sun".

However, I am very much looking forward to what is next -and eternity.

The tendency toward decay -which is basically death -is a product of the opposite -a force which caused that potential in the first place -just as the presence of a voltage is the product of production of that voltage (think charged capacitor). From there, it is "just" a matter of circuit design, refreshing, efficiency, etc. (or even leaving the capacitor out of a circuit if desired).

The fact that we decay within about 120 years -starting about the time we get the general idea about life (rather suspiciously) -does not mean it cannot be otherwise -that is a product of our design, not of overall reality. Life does not even have to require so much exhaustive effort -that is also a product of present design. It may be that we will always have to exert some sort of effort to maintain things, but it can be made a negligible amount compared to what it makes possible.

Even when things are at their best here on earth, we spend most of our time and effort just keeping ourselves alive one way or another -with little time to simply enjoy or appreciate ("by the sweat of your brow will you have food to eat" as opposed to access to the tree of life!) -but that is a temporary situation. Even now we have learned to create more leisure time by being more efficient -but we also greatly appreciate it if we think back to difficult times -where otherwise we would not.

Imagine if we were first immortal newbs unleashed on the entire universe! What a miserable mess we would have made! How long did it take us to invent something to destroy everything here? Thankfully, it is presently limited to this rock -and about a hundred years of personal experience.

Our body design may also be changed to allow for greater efficiency and power over environment. We have actually found the clocks which determine our rate of decay -but the present situation -bound to this planet for now -does not make being eternal feasible. If that which is needed to maintain a state is always provided efficiently, there is no problem -or weariness.

Even the tendency for the universe to collapse may theoretically be countered -like blowing up a balloon then tying it off rather than allowing it to simply go phthpthhthpthh until deflated again.

We go through this so we don't have to go through it ever again! Otherwise, the tendency for us to choose it and cause it -choose decay and death in ignorance -remains.

There is one very powerful natural force many fail to consider... and that is will.
It is the power able to counter and redirect otherwise-natural tendencies. Given position, interface and opportunity, it is the most powerful of forces.

"...that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God"

Gold. :thumbsup:

Got as far as, body-mind being a container for energy, a battery; discharged, nearly dead; and thankfully trickle charging now. Wrestling with the last para, yet

Two years, whew!

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 03:14 AM
Edited by jaish on Tue 02/08/22 03:15 AM

Australia's annual 543.7-mile (875-kilometer) endurance course from Sydney to Melbourne.

1981 Cliff Young, 61 years old, wearing overalls and work boots, showed up at the start of this race. He picked up his race number and joined the other runners. The press and other athletes became curious and questioned Cliff to which he replied, "See, I grew up on a farm where we couldn't afford horses or tractors, and the whole time I was growing up, whenever the storms would roll in, I'd have to go out and round up the sheep. We had 2,000 sheep on 2,000 acres. Sometimes I would have to run those sheep for two or three days. "

When the race started, the pros quickly left Cliff behind but the television crew kept the audience entertained because Cliff didn't even run properly; he appeared to shuffle. Some commentators expressed their concern for the old farmer's safety. Used to take about 5 days to finish the race. What the pros did were to run about 18 hours a day and sleep the remaining 6 hours. The thing is, Cliff Young didn't know that!

When the morning of the second day came, everyone was in for another surprise. Not only was Cliff still in the race, he had continued jogging all night. To everyone's disbelief, Cliff kept running without sleeping Each night he increased his lead and by the final night, he had surpassed all of the young, world-class athletes; the firs, to cross the finish line and a new course record.

When Cliff was awarded the winning prize of $10,000, he said he didn't know there was a prize and insisted that he did not enter for the money.
He ended up giving all of his winnings to several other runners, an act that endeared him to all of Australia.

The story goes on ..

Cliff Young passed away in 2003 at age 81.
Today, the "Young-shuffle" has been adopted by ultra-marathon runners because it is considered more energy-efficient.

http://www.elitefeet.com/the-legend-of-cliff-young

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 02:29 AM
Edited by jaish on Tue 02/08/22 02:33 AM
'Wise parenting' - nicely explained -

Accidentally, I revisited the old movie: 'Death of a Salesman' and truly moved by the main character but it also reflected how the son he propped up in his teens turned to be a failure. I think it does say something about 'un-wise parenting'.

For those who may not have seen this movie, I suggest seeing the original film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8q2_SiOQM

Netflix did not grab it because there are a few more versions of this movie / play.

All those curious about Crystal's view on Rainbow Children, I think Madeleine gives a nice intro:

https://madeleinestanev.com/2020/01/22/indigo-crystal-and-rainbow-children/

This comes under the category: New Age ideas that include mindfulness and so on. What I enjoyed most was the possibility that this conversation was possible because Sparkling Crystal is - possibly a 'fallen angel from another planet'. We know Tom is. :smile:

jaish's photo
Tue 02/08/22 02:03 AM
A Woman walks into a butchery shop just before closing time and asks, "Do you still have chicken?"
The butcher opens his deep freezer, takes out his only chicken left and puts it on the weighing scale. It weighs 1.5 kg.

The woman looks at the chicken and at the scale and asked, "Do you have one that's a bit bigger than this one?"
The butcher puts his only chicken back into the freezer, and then takes it out again. But this time when he puts it on the scale, he craftily keeps his thumb on the scale pan. And the scale now shows 2 kg.

"That's wonderful," said the woman, "I'll take both of them, please!"

jaish's photo
Mon 02/07/22 08:33 PM
Thanks Crystal, Tom, for the insights.

I have mixed feelings for child actors because even as adults, I don't think movie actors can call their life, their own anyway. Then again, many of us are brought up to please our parents; wives; employers and so on; till one day we retire and say, 'Hey, what happened?' laugh

Came across this video - and I'll admit, this altered my opinion of young teens. Jaden in this video is 14.

Topic: Kids Envision Fuel-Efficient Cars of the Future - from: Disney's Create Tomorrowland XPRIZE Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2V1ay3Xo2w

There's one on car powered with compressed air, and the kid has a solar panel on the roof to run a compressor. with an MIT professor evaluating it.

10 to 14, kids can think? hmm.

jaish's photo
Mon 02/07/22 03:29 AM

French President Emmanuel Macron has said he thinks a deal to avoid full scale war in Ukraine is possible and that it is legitimate for Russia to raise its own security concerns.

Before talks in Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, he called for a "new balance" to protect European states and appease Russia.

He restated that the sovereignty of Ukraine was not up for discussion.

Mr Macron told the Journal du Dimanche newspaper that Russia's objective was "not Ukraine, but a clarification of the rules... with Nato and the EU".

He said he hoped his dialogue with the Russian president would be enough to prevent military conflict, and that he believed Mr Putin would be open to discussing wider issues.

Mr Macron, who also spoke with US President Joe Biden on Sunday, cautioned against expecting Moscow to take unilateral measures to de-escalate the situation and said Russia had the right to raise its own concerns.

But he said setting up dialogue with Russia could not "pass through the weakening of any European state".

"We must protect our European brothers by proposing a new balance capable of preserving their sovereignty and peace," he said.

"This must be done while respecting Russia and understanding the contemporary traumas of this great people and great nation."

The trip to Moscow and then to Ukraine's capital Kyiv the following day is being co-ordinated with German and American allies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60281863

It would have been nicer if France or any other EU nation had resolved this issue with Russia earlier and Washington had remained in the background. Why was Europe sleeping?

jaish's photo
Sun 02/06/22 02:13 AM
Edited by jaish on Sun 02/06/22 02:31 AM
We have heard of Tiger Moms -> generally Asian mothers pushing their children to excel in school and to get admission to prestigious colleges; but recently an Australian mom propelled her seven year old daughter to make a compelling presentation in a Ted-X talk show and while this may wet your eyes, I do have a question: Do children, 'once they become celebrities in their tender years; does it not steal the 'care free' that's the essence of childhood years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aISXCw0Pi94

- 18 minutes.

May be I'm being a misogynist; may be such programs, like art; is right for girls.

jaish's photo
Fri 02/04/22 08:13 PM
Edited by jaish on Fri 02/04/22 08:16 PM

We are openly warning Russia that the U.S. may soon bring Ukraine and Georgia into NATO, which would entail a U.S. war guarantee to fight on those nations’ behalf in a future military clash with Moscow.

We are openly warning Iran that time is running out, that if Tehran does not return to negotiations on the nuclear deal and compliance with its terms, a U.S. attack on Iran cannot be ruled out.

We are putting China on notice that we do not accept its broad claims to the islets of the East and South China Seas, and we may be there to fight alongside our allies to sustain their claims.

Now congressional leaders in both parties are crafting measures to give Biden authorization to take us to war with China to protect Taiwan, whose declaration of independence, warns Beijing, would cross its “red line” and mean war.

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of Nixon’s White House Wars: The Battles That Made and Broke a President and Divided America Forever and a founding editor of The American Conservative.

Personally, I believe Antony J. Blinken is no Henry Kissinger.

jaish's photo
Thu 02/03/22 08:44 PM
Edited by jaish on Thu 02/03/22 08:51 PM
Great write David, :thumbsup:

It also reminded me of what tommy boy moran / Sinn Féin Ireland in Mingle; had once versed. I had copied them long ago, but not the link. The poem includes some hard intercepts (my feelings then). Hope it's ok leaving them there.

Trust everybody Lower Your Shields . . .

Pressured for time in a time laden world
Left swimming in our own warm, liquid promise
We escape out into Day

its in a time laden world’ we exist
If Time stopped .., we cease to exist?

We've chosen to give of our sense of graciousness
And share with that wealth of infinity
We do most assuredly possess

share with the wealth of infinity’
Where from, this divinity?

We cannot fathom why life's love is so cold
nor shall we touch upon the darker heart of man
So very harsh - and bold

Now suddenly you ‘flip to a darker reality’..

Man in his hunger becomes a predator & so somewhere it’s down to blood & gore?

But it remains only to reach out to the greater sense

greater sense of what when 'Our' footsteps are on the sand

I touch you and feel you - you touch me
I hold you and know you - and you hold me

So where are the promises we've promised?
The unquenchable yearnings?

Those daydreams out in the fields?

Well, I guess we, one and all, have again lowered our shields.

I guess Tom wouldn't mind if I quoted / from his profile

" Take to flight, my solemn friends for the garden ye seek is down there in the glen - and over here in our hearts." tommy boy moran / Ireland

David,
Although I agree with your write 100%, Tom's verse gives some of us, an out and now, seems to me as we near our journey's end, maybe not all Angels look at themselves as victims.
shades

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25