Community > Posts By > jaish

jaish's photo
Tue 03/29/22 06:52 AM
Edited by jaish on Tue 03/29/22 06:54 AM

Associated Press:

Russia’s military said Tuesday it would “fundamentally” cut back operations near Ukraine’s capital and a northern city, potentially a significant concession by Moscow amid talks aimed at ending the war that began more than a month ago.

British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said she thought Putin was “not serious about talks.”

So far there have been 5 peace talks.
From what's on the net, seemed that it was Zelensky who came up with amendments like people's referendum on 'to join, or not to join NATO', etc.

jaish's photo
Mon 03/28/22 03:17 PM
Edited by jaish on Mon 03/28/22 03:21 PM

I'm a lil confused at the intent of your thread?
Are you seeking stories which explain scientific epiphany? Like the apple falling on Newton's head and gravity is explained? (Which is not what happened at all)

I had to look up the word 'epiphany', ha, ha

No, I'm not looking for epiphanies.

Impressions that may have influenced our adult years - on the lines of which you may gift some experience to your child.

Crystal's lovely story - a fairy tale she cherished wherein 'waterdrops reflecting rainbows' made an impression - wow!

I am not particularly interested in paintings and therefore the amount of effort that goes into color schemes but after reading her story her paintings dawned on me.

For example, like her 'lady in spring' - in multiple colors, one would not be surprised if there was a fairy tale fawn somewhere; there is not - but the sense of joy / liberation - there's a deer prancing - we have so structured our mind, we don't see it.

Then there's a lady walking through the narrow street - dark blue sky overhung -
be careful lady' I whisper; then she explains it as a moment in time when she was 'heartbroken'
Colors, like music, stir emotions?

She had also painted a unicorn in white – I was not particularly moved by it then - but after her story, I was reminded about Galileo's moon drawing in white and shades. Now I see the unicorn in a different light- shades of white racing across the skies - medieval thinking(?)
Thank you Crystal!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

In trying to recall something from my childhood (I didn't find any) - then the rare incident of the cup thrust on me - explained a few things about 'not trying hard, or not competing ' This may appear absurd but it seemed to have worked for me. Happy with the things the way they are

Your question once again jogged my memory. I remember receiving gifts, the best were unintended; like reading the books from my father's shelf.

So what's the intent of this thread?
When we were children, we were sometimes curious; that's creativity. Then the school system knocked it off. As parents, we may do a wee bit better - if we introspect, share, get some new light?
Thanks Tom - I needed the question to clarify to myself

jaish's photo
Mon 03/28/22 07:41 AM
I understand that the guns have gone silent since yesterday.

Putin: "Phase 1 is over!"

Biden to Oil companies: "What y'all think. Resume drilling in Ukraine or do I have to restart Alaskan Oil line?"

jaish's photo
Mon 03/28/22 06:00 AM
Edited by jaish on Mon 03/28/22 06:01 AM

for Crystal

Galileo's water color drawings of the moon, from telescope (?)

jaish's photo
Sun 03/27/22 11:31 AM
Having started this thread, I've been racking my brain for one positive and this what I recall. Was in class II, sports day. Since my school, a convent was on a hill, (boys studied till class III and then transferred to a boys school); the races were held in nearby army grounds. A bunch of us ran; and at the finish line the army guy was having a tough time picking out the winners as several of my classmates had bunched around him claiming 1st place. I stood a little away watching the fun and the army guy parted the pack, came over and led me over to the 1st place stand.

on the way back home (I was carrying a cup!} my mother said that a parent had asked her, 'how did your boy win; he was nowhere in the lead?'; no answer.

Probably explains the wrong attitude I have in life. 'come easy, go easy'.

jaish's photo
Sun 03/27/22 10:25 AM

the sun caught the waterdrops on her hair and dress, and beautiful rainbows appeared!

:thumbsup:

jaish's photo
Sat 03/26/22 11:08 PM
We have all heard the story of young Galileo. On his way to Padua to get admitted to a medical school. The teen, around 18 maybe, stopped by a wayside church and instead of paying attention to the sermon .., timed the oscillations of the church lamp as it swung from a high ceiling.

We have also heard the story of James Watt who played around with a spoon trying to stop the steam spouting from a kettle.

I am interested if there are any other stories, or,

childhood impressions (not nightmares) you may recall that made a difference.

jaish's photo
Sat 03/26/22 11:46 AM
Julian and Stella Assange were married yesterday at Belmarsh Prison in London.

jaish's photo
Sat 03/26/22 07:14 AM
Edited by jaish on Sat 03/26/22 07:23 AM

Who would you consider the last “honest” president?

Sorry SWP, this thread on Biden (1942) runs deep.

If you have an honest president in mind to compare him with - fine. Else, it sidetracks to textbook batter.

As you know, after 75, people have lowered energy, lower threshold for pain, some traces of dementia, and lower response times. More than all this, they or we, slide into past memories and the old mental frames. From within this shell of frames supported by historical accounts for scaffoldings; our direction & response time are naturally of lower caliber, quality ..

You change your presidents every 4 years because With the new comes a spring with energy for multiple opportunities - sometimes risky and painful but directed towards bountiful futures for the majority.

Biden's policy is unclear.
On one hand he wants to build a 1.4 trillion infrastructure and he wants rest of the world to go green. No more Russian oil or Iranian gas.

But Ukrainian's Burisma with Hunter as chief is okay.

He has talked about a new world order, about crushing Russia - but why?

We have China and Pakistan as hostile neighbors, yes we have clashes; but we are not interested to invade much less 'crush' these countries. In fact, even writing this sort of thing is so barbaric to us - but for your Biden, its normal.

With Trump, he used to speak his mind in Twitter and we understood and behaved. With Biden, we don't know where we are heading.

jaish's photo
Sat 03/26/22 03:31 AM

On March 22, WION was blocked. No new uploads, no videos, total block.

YouTube, had a problem with one of WION’s videos, dating back to March 10.

In that clip, we showed two live speeches—One by Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba, and the second by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

YouTube explanation:
"Our community guidelines prohibit content denying, minimizing, or trivializing well-documented violent events, including the Russian invasion of Ukraine.”

“Under this policy, we have removed content, for example, denying that Russia invaded Ukraine or alleging that Ukrainian victims are crisis actors."

So what was it that Russian minister Lavrov said:

"As for your question about whether we are planning to attack other countries. We are not planning to attack other countries. We did not attack Ukraine either. We explained on numerous occasions that there was a situation that posed a direct threat to the security of the Russian Federation," Lavrov said on March 10.

Did WION endorse it?

WION simply broadcast the Russian foreign minister's statement, just like the Ukrainian Minister's statement was played.

Does that mean WION is supporting Russia?

New Delhi: After a massive viewer-led 12-hour campaign that saw over 25,000 tweets in WION’s support and counting, YouTube on Saturday backed down and unblocked the global channel it had banned for reporting on Russia- Ukraine war.

jaish's photo
Sat 03/26/22 12:56 AM

There's been some flurry in Twitter over Biden's use of a new world order

Biden said the world's response to the Russian invasion presents “significant opportunities to make some real changes,” and the world is at an “inflection point” that occurs every three to four generations.

Then he said this: "And now is a time when things are shifting. We’re going to – there’s going to be a new world order out there, and we’ve got to lead it. And we’ve got to unite the rest of the free world in doing it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fact-check-biden-s-new-world-order-reference-tied-to-ukraine-not-conspiracy-theory/ar-AAVv7ra

MSN's article explains that the phrase was used in the context of the Ukrainian invasion.

Who would like to know what he means by the phrase unite the rest of the free world

jaish's photo
Fri 03/25/22 07:35 AM
Edited by jaish on Fri 03/25/22 07:36 AM
Could you allow us to view a short version of Demo

w/o signing in?

Concerns:
1. S/w maybe a cabinet on the cloud
Why would a law firm dump its files on your cloud?

2. Color scheme reminds me of Clark's Logarithm Tables. Glossy, dark blue - menacing
Everybody who went to class 7 shuddered when he flipped to natural logarithm - base e. We learnt in school not to ask stupid questions.

3. I'm not a robot.
Does it mean there's documentation to steal from the vault, or,
You don't want to reveal the s/w architecture

4. You say, you are a guy,
then why the ugly woman's picture?

So many questions - your profile page is empty,

jaish's photo
Thu 03/24/22 06:38 PM

"there is no accident there is only some purpose that we have not understood"

The only mistake in life is the lesson not learnt!!

Like stepping stones.:thumbsup:

jaish's photo
Thu 03/24/22 04:28 PM

I found this quote today on the net "there are no accident there is only some purpose that we have not understood"

Can someone tell me who said it, or in which book. I recall reading it long ago. TY

jaish's photo
Thu 03/24/22 01:58 PM

Port city of Berdyansk - already seized by Russia

On Thursday, Ukrainian military shared footage of a ball of fire and thick smoke rising from the destroyed 370 foot tall Orsk ship.

Now the City Birdies can surrender honorably. After all who knows, the next ship blast may take a large chunk of the City with it.

jaish's photo
Thu 03/24/22 03:50 AM
Edited by jaish on Thu 03/24/22 03:56 AM
- Feb 26 Reuters
Russian troops destroyed a concrete dam built in Ukraine's Kherson Region in 2014 to cut off water to Crimea,

Ukraine cut off the fresh water supply to Crimea by damming a canal that had supplied 85% of the peninsula's needs before Moscow annexed Crimea in 2014.

Now we know why Crimea went Russian!

River Dnieper ?

jaish's photo
Wed 03/23/22 08:30 AM

President Vladimir Putin says Russia will only accept payments in rubles for gas deliveries to “unfriendly countries.

in 'Ruskie rubilies'

jaish's photo
Tue 03/22/22 06:19 AM

No not yet :smile:

Welcome To Jungle

Everytime i try to be on achieving the success, my best friends informs My new gf of success about my past unsuccessful stories an then she compliments me well:punch:an leaves me back to in search for other successful way🤜:head_bandage:🤛
:grin:Just:grin:Chill:grin:

Yes It's Possible.

All The Best :thumbsup:

and you call them friends!
how great you are ..

jaish's photo
Mon 03/21/22 06:20 PM

30 sec clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNngDW-aEc

jaish's photo
Sun 03/20/22 08:06 PM
Edited by jaish on Sun 03/20/22 08:26 PM

When I go to control panel then mouse in the mouse properties window is a wheels tab. Is that what you are trying to find?

The Wheels tab ONLY offers a choice to scroll a certain amount of lines, vertical or horizontal
and NOTHING else.

To get back vert / horiz scroll buttons
My Control Panel settings are:
Vertical lines at a time: 3
Horizontal, number of characters at a time: 3
Goes 'whoosh'
--------------------------------------------

For Speed:
Maybe 'Mouse Settings' in Windows 10 may help.

https://www.howtogeek.com/784615/how-to-change-mouse-speed-in-windows/

My settings:
Cursor speed: located midway on speed bar
Roll the mouse wheel to scroll: 'Multiple lines
Choose how many lines to scroll at a time: very low setting here (default)
scroll inactive windows when I hover: On

--------------------------------------------

I'm not a computer guy; have exceeded my limit.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25