Community > Posts By > jaish

jaish's photo
Fri 12/03/21 11:37 PM
Thank you ladies.

Above joke was from 1984 - Kathie lee Johnson TV Series on YT. One Tuber followed it up with:
------------------------------------------

Reminds me of some lame bus tour we signed up for to go to a distant club early 90s.

No word of a dress code from anyone until we get to the bouncer, dress pants and collared shirts only.

But what's right next to this place? a Menswear store, open till 9pm, rack after rack of cheap dress pants and collared shirts outside and just inside the door.

Felt robbed but had a good time.

jaish's photo
Fri 12/03/21 08:05 AM
"there´s this guy looooast in a deset... n he comes across a guy on a camel n he say ‘Please. I´m dying of thoist..cud you please sell me some water.’

The guy says, ‘no, I can’t, but a, would you like to buy a tie’

He says, ‘what you crazy’, n he leaves

About 5 miles later, comes across a country club with a big sign ‘refreshments being served’
He knocks on the door and says, ‘Please. I´m dying of thoist..cud you giv me something to drink.’

The guy says, ‘I’m sorry I can’t let you in without a tie’

jaish's photo
Thu 12/02/21 05:23 PM
Edited by jaish on Thu 12/02/21 05:28 PM
Leibniz - Co-founder of Calculus

He graduated as a Lawyer and published a book on International Law for his Germanic King - later King George IV or V of England

Georgie banned Leibniz from re-entering England because of the English clamor around Newton as the inventor of Calculus
and the claim that Leibniz was an imposter

Story goes that:
He took up mathematics late in life,
after coming across Pascal's mechanical adding machine and expanding it to include multiplication, division and square roots

While displaying his 'calculator' in London he came across McGregor's analysis of the Hyperbola
i.e., method to calculate area under the Hyperbola

Leibniz was fascinated and rushed to Christian Huygens - the Pendulum clock inventor - and requested a crash course in mathematics.

From there on - flowed Europe's calculus
(The English / Newton Calculus was not published till after Leibniz's work. Although Newton's Principia was published with some hint of Calculus. Newton Calculus remained a secret till after his death)

On the other hand, Leibniz's friend and associate Bernoulli further refined Calculus and the first textbooks were published with support of L'Hospital in late 1600

The familiar notation dx/dy is preferred in our textbooks over Newton's dot over 'x'

Leibniz showed the unification of Integration and Differentiation, the Chain Rule ...
---
The differences are on the applications

Newton applied Calculus to confirm Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion

Leibniz / Bernoulli applied it to motion of fluids Leibniz tried to formulate kinetic energy of fluid in motion and came closer to formulating it

(There maybe some errors in the above and I appreciate any corrections).

Story ends with: Leibniz died in poverty / buried in an unmarked grave.

===

What do I think of Leibniz?

I don't know. So many thoughts, all positive; to sift through.

jaish's photo
Thu 12/02/21 03:43 AM
Edited by jaish on Thu 12/02/21 04:12 AM

We call it Debt
David Schweikert calls is budget deficit

US GDP is 21 trillion dollars / 2021
Debt is 26.7 Trillion

With Biden's Plan DS says that in 30 years (by 2051):

Debt will hit 112 Trillion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYOtDMklbFE

He then proceeds to say how the Wealthy
those above 500,000 - however taxed
will be unable to pay a fraction of the interest
year by year.

===

For 2022,
Federal Tax will increase by 400 billion
CBO estimate: 120 billion

---

After the first 16 minutes - DS talks about the Social Spending Bill as a shell game - I'm not into that discussion

===

17 to 18 minute:
DS explains how a budget of 1 Trillion for a program in 2022, spreads over to 3 or 4 years and then we find that we have an obligation of more than 1 Trillion, generally twice 2 Trillion
(although he suggests more)

I agree with this because in infrastructure projects, say a budget to build a bridge in 2022
- by the time the preliminary design, tender / bod gets finalized it's over 6 months. Detailed engineering and beginning of Earth work / rock blasting - another 6 months. All this is part of the bridge scheduled date of completion, but contractors have clauses for price escalation of steel and so on including labor wages. So the cost goes up.

===
On the 19 minute DS introduces the term 'Expensing' - a concept that worked in 2018/19
where businesses increased productivity with investments in equipment and technologies of the future.

And US experienced a drop in unemployment rate, better quality of income and so on

But with the current government tax policy - this investment in capital goods 'expensing' will disappear.
==xx

A similar phenomena happened in India when after 2012, the ruling party swung in with environmental tax (and scams) leading to many companies who had invested in modernizing their factories - went bankrupt.

--xx

My point is that US Government plans on printing more dollars - the equivalent of devaluing currency that China did sometime around 2015 for export reasons

Printing dollars will continue the inflationary pressures experienced now - for next 30 years!!!

Biden will be dead by then
RIP Biden

===

The only reason I'm bringing this to notice is because as the US economy erodes
some of the smaller countries economies are likely to bust and rest sink in deeper trouble.

We saw a milder version of this in 2008.

jaish's photo
Tue 11/30/21 07:37 AM
Edited by jaish on Tue 11/30/21 07:39 AM

Just failed my audition for a role in Romeo & Juliet by misreading the script.

It read "Enter Juliet from the rear"....

It's not funny. try again

what

"Juliet backs in?"

jaish's photo
Sun 11/28/21 12:45 AM
Edited by jaish on Sun 11/28/21 12:57 AM

"It’s my grandmother Biden’s maiden name. It’s French. And it goes back a long, long way. Allegedly the Robinettes came over with Lafayette and never went home. I don’t know that. We can’t guarantee that."

“came over with Lafayette and never went home”? T

In other words, Joe Robinette Biden’s relatives … were illegal aliens

and that my friends, explains the President's open door policy for Illegal Immigrants

jaish's photo
Sat 11/27/21 07:23 PM

I question the value of the vaccine. I had it before they were even calling it covid. I have the covid toes to back it up.

(By the way, it does go away. Had it on my left foot, that cleared. Now the right has two, and that's going away.It took about a year for that to happen)

Now, two people I know got their shots. One went in for covid, he spent 4 days in the hospital. Five days AFTER he got his shots. His wife wasn't so fortunate, he planted her two weeks ago.

So lets just sit around and grouse about the unvaxxinated ones spreading it. And how those that did aren't getting it. Don't forget, I knew no one before the vaccines were in place, that died. Now I do, AFTER they had gotten their shots.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Red.
In my experience / observations, the shots are somewhat risky for seniors above 85 based on their health - frailness

Some of us may find this interesting.
LA County Sheriff's advice on how to carry people in his department instead of enforcing mandate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvoJGviRRXA

jaish's photo
Fri 11/26/21 07:54 PM

Nuclear seems so old school and barbaric. In this day and age wouldn't they be better off to cripple our internet or power grid? Use bio or chemical warfare? Create an army of drones to invade? If the nukes really started to fly everybody would be destroyed, so who's the winner in that? What ever happened to the "star wars" system to shoot these missiles down? Or can't somebody just hack a computer somewhere? Currently China and the USA need each other too much, but some other countries have little to lose, it would be more of a concern for them to start things then the USA and China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3vns42Nd8

US and China - in terms of economics, have a 'symbiotic relationship'. - expert view at 16:oo of this 20 min video

In other words, 'Goodbye Taiwan'

jaish's photo
Fri 11/26/21 05:42 AM

Yeah and look at North Korea! Who are they at war with?

hahaha

Seriously, China after Covid is different from China before Covid; different from China before US Tariff; before Iran sanctions (oil) and so on.

All said and done, India looks at China and Pakistan as 'hostile' neighbors. So it's not just China, but their exporting nuclear arms to Pakistan (our N.K.) that also matters.

Some countries in our neighborhood have a lend-lease program with China and so far, these projects have failed to take off; so they are in debt to China - leading to China's 'string of pearls' bases in SE Asia.

Philippines, I believe, are blocked on one side by Chinese naval bases.

It's a form of 'creeping expansion'. Too little to war yet.

jaish's photo
Thu 11/25/21 10:44 PM
What’s on your feet?
Shoes
What else?
Socks?
Can you spell ‘socks’?
Sure, S, O, C, K, S
You know what it means in Spanish?
S, O, C, K, S?
It means …, that’s what it is!
In Spanish?
S, O, C…, K, S

Woww.., Spanish is easy

And that’s what’s one of the patented techniques used by National Dynamic Speed-ed to teach you Spanish, German, French or any language in 30 days. If learning a language is what you want, call x-xxx-xxx-xxxx And say .., what?

S,O,C,K,S! smile2

jaish's photo
Thu 11/25/21 08:26 PM

I may be dumb to say this but any country that develops such weapons what are they made to prove? To me nothing.

Good point.
China's weapons are probably 2 generations behind that of USA; almost like spears against rifles.

Moreover, they claim they are developing it as deterrence.

Q. Deterrence against who?

jaish's photo
Thu 11/25/21 07:39 PM

Lessons from the Cold War on Preventing a U.S.-China Arms Race

Opinion by ROSE GOTTEMOELLER / Politico.com

After months of watching hundreds of new nuclear missile silos being dug in the dirt northwest of Beijing, it is welcome news that President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping seemingly agreed at last week’s summit on the need for strategic stability talks. Strategic stability — the idea that nuclear-armed countries should not be able to gain decisive advantage over one another — has taken on new importance as China expands and modernizes its nuclear arsenal.

China is expected to quadruple its number of warheads in the next decade, and is upgrading its nuclear capabilities with new missiles, submarines and bombers. Over the summer, it reportedly fired a missile from a hypersonic glide vehicle while testing its fractional orbital bombardment system (FOBS) — a technical advance that, if true, means the Chinese can attack targets from space with nuclear weapons. Although China insists it will never be the first to use nuclear weapons, this claim has less credence than in the past, when the country’s nuclear force was much smaller.

The last thing we want to do is to repeat the experience of the Cold War, when the United States built over 32,000 warheads and the USSR over 40,000. We created a nuclear impasse that was expensive and destabilizing. It almost ended in nuclear holocaust during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Now, with new technologies once again driving the risk of escalation, we could end up in a similarly dangerous situation with China.

The United States and Russia have been working together since Cuba to avert new nuclear crises. The world’s first nuclear arms race offers two important lessons for how to prevent a second: First, the US and China should avoid trying to limit new technologies and focus on ensuring mutual nuclear predictability. Second, they should be prepared for a long road, since agreeing to joint measures to foster that predictability is far from straightforward. Luckily, both countries have more experience with nuclear diplomacy than the U.S. and the USSR did, which offers reason to be hopeful.

jaish's photo
Tue 11/23/21 09:53 PM
:thumbsup:

That you took time off to explain
For that, alongside Jeena's message, I add my thanks

W/o these conversations, the mind floats like a kite with string cut

'Kati patang', they say in Hindi

Cutoff Kite, haha

jaish's photo
Tue 11/23/21 09:34 PM
Last night, in Kenosha
3 men sat in the corner, in Charlie’s bar
One white, one black and the third,
Concealing in part his face, red and blue
With a new grown beard
Blighted by cold, violently shivering
When he first entered the bar, into the sudden warming
Clearly a hobo,
That I could see

Behind the counter, too far to hear,
With the concealed mic, every word was near
Said a hard voice, ‘You want the job?’
‘Yes, yes’; said weak & weary
Then a third, a voice soft but strong,
‘Here, take this’,
And I saw on the curved mirror
A large black hand with a fawn coat,
giving
‘For me?’
‘Keep it;
there’s more where it came from; and that’s where you come in’

‘4000 bucks’, says Hobo, hesitating to put it on
‘Huh’, surprised voices; followed by Hard
‘How do you know?’
An uncomfortable moment, then Hobo’s hand digs in
From the side pocket, he out’s a tag,
And hands over to someone, I couldn’t see

The now familiar hard voice,
Read, ‘Raymond’s Jacket, Price $4,444,
10% discount’, and with a raising voice adds,
‘4,000 bucks!’
Strong soft says, ‘Yo my Bro,
Get you’re A$$ tomorrow to 12th street’
A protest you will see, from 6 pm up’
‘Okay’, says Hobo; ‘what do I do?

‘At 6:10 the dumpster, will light up in fire’
The signal, our cover
To open up the store
And yo Bro, you have the eye
Pick up good tux, for maxim bucks
load up the bags, I give you three
100 bucks a bag, and this fourth one if free,
gives 100 bucks more plus bonus, and drinks on me

As Hobo silently digests what Black had said,
White breaks in with, ’15 minutes you have, then out you get
to the corner of Park St. and 12th, comet
My car, engine running, will be waiting there

6:46; and not one second later,
The bags should be in, and door slam shut
You stray away as homeless do

6:47; I will be gone,
A race, before the cops
So if you can’t make it,
Or don't see me there,
Dumpster the stuff
Feed the fire

‘Got it,’ mumbles Hobo
‘So what’s the store's name’
Black looks around, and doesn’t see me
Hands over a slip
The name of hit easy

Hobo looks up, eyes staring
‘This store’, he gushes, ‘it’s locked down since last week’
‘How do you know?’, voices in unison
Then again the harsh voice, menacing,
‘Yeah, how do you?’, it repeats

Hobo looks around, there’s nobody
but them three

Hobo caresses the sleeve of his new coat,
‘Seen this at the store display, every morning I leave
Till that night, when the dumpster flamed
And breaking glass, through the chants I hear
When the smoke cleared, I looked around
This coat,
It was gone!’

‘Mr. Whitman, the owner; his missus kicked him out
Heard her say, ‘Yo, I don’t want,
The gun is not for show’,
she said to Whit, ‘Get out of the store’,
and kick she did

It’s shuttered down, locked and sealed,
Gentlemen, why go there now,
it’s already a stolen field!’

‘Ha’, said the hard voice, with some pride,
‘the cops will never expect,
A store hit twice
There’s plenty more, we were there, we know
Few bags then, so we left them behind’

‘You get you’re a$$ in there
To grab, and fill
Blacky in seconds, will jimmy the seal
The flames this time will be larger, more light in the store
It will be like old days, picking cotton in the fields’
I took off the headset, a customer had come

They came to counter, paid and left a handsome tip
Hobo was missing, probably in men’s room
I wiped a glass, so I could think
“Today they plan to pickup Whitman’s charr
Tomorrow it could be Charlie’s bar”
--xx
--xx

Tonight, in Kenosha, Charlie’s bar
Drinks are free, it’s all on TV
Of a man with jimmy in hand,
Shot at the door, already charred
Cops found another, shot dead
Inside parked car, engine running,
some pieces of head

'Oh, by the way', barman asked Hobo
'about the fawn, I got 400 bucks ..,'
Whitman replied, ‘You keep it Johnny,
Missus wanted it so’

Tonight, in Kenosha, Charlie’s bar
Drinks are free, it’s all on TV

jaish's photo
Mon 11/22/21 07:51 PM

Hi Dust,
Thanks a lot for sharing this huge chunk from History
The section on energy starting from 'whale oil' and the disappearance of whales to the no-win potential of alternate energy sources - is a chilling read. My whole brain is now molasses.

By the way, not to detract from your post, we had Grapes of Wrath in final year school. Imagine us Indian teenagers reading, with no idea at all on this history and causes that led to the Depression. I'm not sure if our Lit. Teacher had any idea at all.

jaish's photo
Mon 11/22/21 07:32 PM
Hello Lung,
Nice to hear from you and I agree ‘wars destroy economies’ but from what I read, times have changed. President Biden is continuing the policy of 'non- aggression' - open to business with China while asking China to free shipping through the South Seas by China.

I cannot imagine any major war with China over SS, because immediate stakeholders are Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore and so on; whose economies could be devastated with just one of those big bombs. Come to think of it, Japan’s recovery is the greatest study and we have overlooked it.

Seems the Chinese fully understand that their growth is dependent on world market and now that Covid is down (they escaped) they look forward to a revised relationship on their terms with US.

I have no opinion on this except to say that the smaller nations cannot look out for themselves. So how will the new world order play out after 2030s, with China a great economy – I’ve no idea. Maybe someone should start a thread and we may catch a glimpse.

jaish's photo
Mon 11/22/21 08:23 AM

And some women prefer... oops R13 site.
I was 10 inches away from saying the wrong thing :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Fine with me.
'And some women prefer 10 inch cucumbers'.
How else could Beer Glass feel her earth quake?

The problem is, as stated in another thread, relentless use of cucumber leads to some loss of elasticity. In other words, your dating options narrow down to 2 out of 10 men.

Oh well; Nature comes with a sting.

drinks

I think you are confused Jai .. only childbirth and age cause changes in elasticity :angel:

Or so I was told.

jaish's photo
Sun 11/21/21 06:04 AM
Edited by jaish on Sun 11/21/21 06:05 AM

And some women prefer... oops R13 site.
I was 10 inches away from saying the wrong thing :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Fine with me.
'And some women prefer 10 inch cucumbers'.
How else could Beer Glass feel her earth quake?

The problem is, as stated in another thread, relentless use of cucumber leads to some loss of elasticity. In other words, your dating options narrow down to 2 out of 10 men.

Oh well; Nature comes with a sting.

drinks

jaish's photo
Sat 11/20/21 09:10 PM
Edited by jaish on Sat 11/20/21 09:17 PM

I prefer the classic coco cola bottle!!

Made me think because there's current shortage of coke bottles

Over here in India, girls start as newspapers,
marriage / pregnancy / delivery and they
become round then settle down as figs
- their men loose interest but figs tantalize younger men ...
To be fair, Indian figs are good cooks
Turning their men into potatoes and pumpkins
So no complaints, see!

Then there are some newspapers - during the engagement period - turn into beer glass

These are the Opera's - power women

drinker

jaish's photo
Sat 11/20/21 08:30 PM
Agreed Dust, quite pointlessness revisiting the Past.

Unless someone led us on to the path of tech: from corn --> ethanol and it's impact on fuel efficiency and climate change.

I could Google around for days but you already have big picture on similar matters.
drinker

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25