Community > Posts By > greeneyeman

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 10:24 PM
The people in Biblical times conceived of God based upon this brutal world and the brutal rulers they have known. This God can be cruel. He can be kind. He is cruel with those who do not submit to his rule and obey his every command. He can be kind with those who do. This God can slam the world with a flood for disobedience, require Abraham to sacrifice his only son, pulverize the Egyptian nation with devastating plagues, send snakes to kill 3000 people for their disobedience, and be pleased when babies are dashed against the rocks (Psalms 137:9). He can send a drought or famine or plague of locusts or even another nation to kill every man women, child and animal for being disobedient. This God also threatens us with eternal punishment if we don’t think the evidence to believe in him is convincing. This God is described as a God of War, a Jealous God, and an Avenging God. This would be the divine model we find as the model for man’s lordship over the earth. Be kind to subjects who are in obedience. But be very harsh toward those subjects who are disobedient. Trample on them. Break them down. It was a patriarchal world. Mankind was to dominate over the world just as God ruled. And so it couldn’t have been a pretty world to live in as women, slaves, children or animals. If a fig tree produced fruit, for instance, bless it, but if it didn’t, then curse it as Jesus did (Matthew 21:18-19).

Don't follow the bible, but follow your heart and sanity of what people call common sense.

Realize there are far better spiritual practices that doesn't require such fear mongering technics. These belief systems don't knock on your door asking you to join. They don't knock on your door consistently either hoping you will change your mind. These belief systems don't have requirements, but open their arms and say welcome. Research and really open your eyes. Don't follow the mediterrenean mythologies. Follow your heart and mind and you will know what is right.

Good luck folks and if anyone did study the bible and doesn't agree with it, please post the psalms in here to show the contradictions or illogical facts of why we shouldn't follow such rules. Thank you!

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 10:18 PM
So if you got a message from God to kill your neighbors little child of 3 years old to save mankind from sins....you would do it????

Really???

Now this was a message from God walking down from the clouds and saying...you must kill the little child and you will be saved to go to heaven as of all mankind.

I find it sad.....that many people would do this.

because....

they do not think for themselves and believe blindly on a faith of no reasons, no feelings, and no sincerity in life.

MorningSong you are like the devil asking people to follow a book that in reality hurts, deceits, contradicts, and kills innocent people.

I feel sorry for you as I do for so many people who follow such brainwashing methods.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:35 PM
Thus says the LORD of hosts, “I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.”

1 Samuel 15:2-3

Note: There goes the eye for eye, tooth for tooth rule. I am sure Jesus was trying to teach otherwise and suffered the consequence for doing so. What ashame that such great men die for truly trying to teach a more peaceful approach to resolving differences and issues.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:33 PM
There was not a city which made peace with the sons of Israel except the Hivites living in Gibeon; they took them all in battle. For it was [the will] of the LORD to harden their hearts, [so they would] meet Israel in battle in order that he might utterly destroy them, that they might receive no mercy, but that he might destroy them, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Joshua 11:19-20

Note: Moses's own ruined mind floated on power and used it to brainwash his people to do such atrocities.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:31 PM
Thus Joshua struck all the land, the hill country and the Negev and the lowland and the slopes and all their kings. He left no survivor, but he utterly destroyed all who breathed, just as the LORD, the God of Israel, had commanded.

Joshua 10:40

Note: Even babies who didn't know how to walk were slaughtered. :( Very sad picture if you ask me.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:30 PM
The LORD said to me, “See, I have begun to deliver Sihon and his land over to you. Begin to occupy, that you may possess his land.” Then Sihon with all his people came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz. The LORD our God delivered him over to us, and we defeated him with his sons and all his people. So we captured all his cities at that time and utterly destroyed the men, women and children of every city. We left no survivor.

Deuteronomy 2:31-34

Note: Even the innocent children were slaughtered! How could you follow such a belief system??

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:21 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/18/11 08:37 PM

In order to make sense of the bible,

one must read and study the entire book.

And until man's spirtual eyes are opened,

he won't fully understand the bible.

Taking scripture out of context,

allows man none other ,

than an opportunity to make the bible say

any ole thing he wants the

bible to say.

Nuff said.

Some of the brightest people who are very spiritual have read the bible and still don't agree with it. It is illogical and it is sad that fundamentalist christians will try anything to make theocracy a rule of any society (even if they don't admit it) = (actions speak everything) and overshadow a system a country may have. I consider myself lucky (in this time and age) that very bright people recognize the bible for what it is....a fairy tale and nothing more and that the christians cannot determine how we should live anymore. Otherwise I would be a heathen and burned at stake! If everyone followed such a illogical belief system we would be back in the dark ages believing in superstitions and living in fear. It would hinder brilliant minds to prosper.

Now you have a merry little day. Of you go now. :)

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 08:14 PM

It is the will of God that you murder anyone who picks up a stick on a Saturday:

Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation, and they put him in custody, because it had not been declared what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Numbers 15:32-36

Please explain how one can follow these orders of a God that punishes mortals in such a manner. If the man wasn't allowed to work couldn't he just be punished with a spanking instead! Were the people suppose to freeze to death because they couldn't use wood that day? Maybe he needed it to start a small fire to roast a duck! Come on folks such a punishment as death. Moses....you surely had a odd way of punishment. Through fear you can control minds. That he surely did at that moment after he killed the man with stones although it states in the bible "thou shall not kill". Okay another contradiction right there.

"These are the things the LORD has commanded you to do: For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death….” (Exodus 35:1-2)

this man was shown great favor previously, and being an israelite was necessarily like a soldier for God, who (much like our own soldiers) suffer great consequence for dissodance which could cause the army to fail if repeated too often by too many

Sorry to tell you but putting someone to death for working is not logical. In that case there should be millions of deaths in the world occuring now according to the christian religion because many people including soldiers work on Sundays.

So in the end fundamental christians find that logical. Fortunately the rest of the world finds it illogical.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 07:23 PM
That would be awesome if we could do that. I am nervous about our nuclear reactors in California and as you know they have sometimes some nasty earthquakes there.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 07:19 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/18/11 07:21 PM

The purpose of the mosaic laws given in

the old testament , was to show man that ANY sin..

even the smallest sin ,

was STILL SIN in the

eyes of God....period.....

and also the laws were

given to teach man the Importance of obeying God.

But

God KNEW NO MAN could KEEP the law...

God KNEW man would fail miserably at this...

hence man's

need for a SAVIOUR .

God cannot look upon sin..sin separates man from God....

but AFTER one accepts Jesus ( who bore our sins so we wouldn't

have to anymore),

our sins are now washed away by the blood of Jesus,

and now we are no longer separated from God.

Aso, after recieving Jesus into our hearts,we are no longer under

law,

but under GRACE.

HOWEVER ,we keep God's law out of LOVE for God now.

:heart::heart::heart:

Wouldn't you find it odd that God made humans knowing they would be imperfect punishing them for the sins that he knows they will make. Why create such a species in the first place. Was he bored?

Reminds me of a movie just recently created "Clash of the Titans". It is actually a old movie but renewed. Zeus wants to punish humans for not worshipping him so he calls his brother from the underworld to do the task, which would represent the devil in the Christian bible.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 07:17 PM

Doesn't Scientology have the same story which is based on a science fiction book written by its founder?

Aliens came to rule and created humans to do slave labor. They put down laws not to marry or mix with the imperfect species and death would be punishment and so forth......

I mean that is also considered a fairy tale for many people Jeannie.

I'm not very familiar with Scientology, but I think they have some sort of similar story. There are quite a few sources for similar stories, and many of them agree on what happened.

Whether you call them "aliens" or "angels" or "Gods" there is overwhelming evidence of an advanced civilization who did this kind of stuff.

I have picked information from many different sources and what I have written here agrees in general with these sources.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone call them "fairy tales."

There have even been some very good documentaries about an advanced race on the History and Discovery Channels recently. These things used to be shown on the Sci-fi channel. But not any more, as evidence becomes more convincing.

More than 69% of the population believe in aliens, and many of these people claim to have seen UFO's and there are thousands who claim to have direct contact or been abducted. Its nothing to scoff at.

But scoff people still do. Oh well. whoa

This reminds me of a few movies I watched actually. One is Stargate with Kurt Russel. The Egyptian God Ra created the human race and had them as slaves. He then left the planet to live on another planet to rule humans there.

The other movie series was "V" where a lizard like species created humans as slaves but to also have them to enjoy for food. We are like cows to them ready to be eaten when needed. The leader is a lady who is most feared by anything alive in the universe. The goddess that rules them all.

Now let us say this is all true.......

Who created the aliens, gods, goddesses?

How did they evolve?

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 06:35 PM
You can truly learn how to do slow sex if you are to do it in space. lol

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 06:34 PM
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing this. :)

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 06:32 PM
Doesn't Scientology have the same story which is based on a science fiction book written by its founder?

Aliens came to rule and created humans to do slave labor. They put down laws not to marry or mix with the imperfect species and death would be punishment and so forth......

I mean that is also considered a fairy tale for many people Jeannie.

I am agnostic so I don't exclude any story...not even the Christians....but I just know I wouldn't follow any of them for they are truly harsh and wrong.

I am for interracial relationships!!! So I already have many not liking me because of that. lol

I am for punishment but not in the form of death.. Again many don't like me because of that!

And how these books read makes you wonder why people follow them, but again I wonder alot about us homosapiens with our opinions and what we think is right.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 06:01 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/18/11 06:03 PM
It is the will of God that you commit genocide when he wants you to:

“When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you … and when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them. You shall not give your daughters to their sons, nor shall you take their daughters for your sons.”

Deuteronomy 7:1-3

I have a feeling this is what Hitler read when he looked into the bible and determined to create genocide on his account. Again how could you follow such guidance from a book? Common Sense would tell you that there is a better way to go about this, yet I bet pastors create speeches on Sundays to change the words of the bible to influence people to believe in it. Afterall, you have 38,000 denominations to choose from!

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 05:55 PM
The point is that the punishment didn't have to resort to a death.

And in some parts of the world there is still a law that allows folks to stone someone to death. The radical muslims do it today.

It is a sad story

but we still have many of them

like the slave trade that is still going on in the 21st century!

Yes Moses must have been very influential to have people follow his directions to stone a person for picking up sticks on sabath day.

Anyway the next verse coming soon. :)

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 02:11 PM

A god
A goddess
A energy or vibrations
Many gods
Many goddesses
Perhaps gods and goddesses

or nothing at all

We simply don't know.

I am sure you will get many different answers to contemplate and even question on.

If there's one God, it really could be all of those things in my estimation, depending on what person's perception of the creator is.

Very true! It could be all of that also. We simply don't know and it seems most humans have a hard time with that for they want to know now. Since we won't find out during our lifetime many make up fables to have somekind of reassurance of what could be. The mind is powerful and can believe in something even if it isn't true just to keep calm throughout life. Then there are some that are okay with not knowing and live a great life. These amongst many other ideas are the choices people have.

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 02:06 PM
Don't trust anyone!

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 02:02 PM
Concerning Genesis 7:4, 17-23

There is a logical conclusion scientists have found without the use of claiming a god or aliens have done it to punish the people. Do a research and you will see!

no photo
Wed 05/18/11 01:57 PM
It is the will of God that you murder anyone who picks up a stick on a Saturday:

Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation, and they put him in custody, because it had not been declared what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Numbers 15:32-36

Please explain how one can follow these orders of a God that punishes mortals in such a manner. If the man wasn't allowed to work couldn't he just be punished with a spanking instead! Were the people suppose to freeze to death because they couldn't use wood that day? Maybe he needed it to start a small fire to roast a duck! Come on folks such a punishment as death. Moses....you surely had a odd way of punishment. Through fear you can control minds. That he surely did at that moment after he killed the man with stones although it states in the bible "thou shall not kill". Okay another contradiction right there.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 17 18