Community > Posts By > greeneyeman

no photo
Thu 04/14/11 12:38 AM
Edited by greeneyeman on Thu 04/14/11 01:02 AM
Jesus's missing years are mysterious to many people. Some say he went to Egypt and others as far as India. I personally believe he was in India and learned a new religion or philosophy (buddhism) as a Jewish man. With this knowledge he returned and tried to teach what he learned onto his people which astonishingly created a large following. I say this for many scholars question the similarities of the teachings Jesus has in comparison to Buddha. When this part of history was created it made the Romans and the Jews very nervous at the time to the point that they felt their religions were threatened. Both parties agreed to nail him on a cross as of many more followers to warn to not follow this movement. I want to warn that this is just a personal belief and not historical evidence. It is just a hypothesis of what could have happen no matter how ridiculous or realistic it may sound to each individual who is reading this.

Please bear with me okay!.....

The bible was written by clever historians from different time periods. Do you agree with this?

There is so much confusion when it comes to the interpretations of the bible (including prophecies) that there are now over thousands of denominations of the same work creating more prejudice, acts of hatred, superstitions, and disagreements amongst each faction. If you don't agree have a discussion about the bible with a Catholic and a Protestant or a Lutheran and a Baptist. What I am trying to say is some believe that Jesus didn't personally write the bible...there is not even a significant evidence of his existence except for a few entries by Roman officials. If he survived, existed, and was a god or the son of god then why the confusion and why the ordeals of understanding the rules of how to live a good life amongst others on this planet? Why are other religions that existed before Christianity being disregarded. Is it a competition amongst gods? I just think if such miracles and power existed at one time he could have left a more peaceful legacy that truly works for us homo sapiens with limited knowledge on the matter. I just feel that today the competition continues and we are going in the wrong direction when it comes to such belief systems.

When we look at the trillions about trillions of light years of space with various solar systems I wonder why we as a primitive species believe that everything started in a small location in the Middl East to deserve the reputation as the origins of creation. Could it be possible that our existence can be created by an alien species instead? A meteorite billions of years ago? Some scientists believe it to be true.

Well I wrote more then I needed and probably went way off topic when it comes to the prophecies and I apologize ahead for this. I just wanted to open more dialogue and afterthoughts on "prophecies". If you believe in a "faith" and rules from a bible or any other holy book or possess a "Logical" scientific mind opened to other ideas let me know why the human species needs prophecies in the first place. Do you think it is important? Is it necessary to follow one in the 21st century. Should new ones be created or should one follow the ones written thousands a years ago or should we just follow our own initiatives that we believe personally to be good for our soul.

Thank you for allowing me to post for the first time. I am anticipating your wisdom and knowledge on the matter. Also I will have a photo up as soon as I figure out how to!

1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next