Community > Posts By > greeneyeman

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 01:43 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Thu 05/12/11 02:28 PM

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 12:46 PM

Some say that Jesus actually ressurrected a dying religion namely the teachings of the Torah. I guess people had a choice then. Either to follow the Romans who believed in multiple gods or the Torah in one god that rules them all. The god of the gods.

Then Jesus came back from the missing years. What did he do in those missing years? No one knows. Some say he was in Egypt and others claim he was as far as northern India.

And when he came back he tried to teach what he learned. A more peaceful approach as oppossed what the old testaments provide.

When all the attention was given to him the Jews made a deal with the Romans to get rid of him. Both the Roman officials and the Jew officials didn't like that their religions were not given the spotlight and cooperated in the killings of anyone believing in Christianity.

When Jesus died it is said that the Jews then wrote what they believe would ressurrect their religion and keep it viable. In otherwords the continuation of having a God that rules all other gods regardless of origin. If it is Egyptian or Roman...one god rules them all.

Sort of like one ring rules them all in the Lord of the Rings. lol

I know for many this doesn't make sense, but I am just telling you what some observers concluded to. Does it sound far fetched? If you look at it in a historical reference sounds reasonable. I am sure I left out some loopholes along the way, but I might be getting closer to understanding it in a different perspective.

I think Jesus was really trying to show a different way of handling situations, but somehow I think personally he should have lived a longer life and really have tried to avoid being persecuted by the Romans. That way maybe he could have hired a scribe to write his life endeavors. Perhaps they would have been different stories then how we know it. Instead we have writers that may have twisted the tale so many times, and translated it into some many languages, that it just not the story it is suppose to be. Intentionally or not.

I mean now we have just recently seen all over the news a month ago about the newest testament available everywhere. It makes you wonder what has been added or taken out this time.

I'm still waiting to see if Christianity will embrace the Revised Bible...the new concepts that have been place into it takes the fun out of debating it ...it seems that the church is slowly trying to take the fantasy of out the religion

an example of this is how the term "Virgin" were removed and replaced with "Young Woman" ...this now suggest that the birth was not immaculate

if anything they should have removed the term "***" from the bible..heck I'm not sure even Mingle2 allow that word of the site...but I will find out after I click the post reply button

but anyway no matter which passage you read that have the word *** in it just sounds funny

FOR EXAMPLE:
1Kings, 13:27 And he spake to his sons, saying, Saddle me the ***. And they saddled him.

did the sons saddle the *** or their father?

also I veiw Jesus as taking the religion into the realm of Pantheism ...especially when he tried to convince Peter that he could use faith to walk on water ...because once you weld faith it turns into witchcraft

It is but another strategy to get more members to join their affiliations. I think it is nothing more then a competition of religions. Afterall, their god has to be the king of all other gods and belief systems. It is a sad story that so many people fall into.

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 12:44 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Thu 05/12/11 12:45 PM
Well I guess I wasn't too far off with what I thought might be true.

In the end the Roman Empire became Christianized when the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great came to view and that is when they started spreading the word perhaps by force, convincing or fear. Perhaps they used a combination of all of them.

The Celts who enjoyed Druidism almost lost their entire history because of it. Just recently they are trying to revive what the Celts once believed in.

This goes for alot of religions or belief systems around the world. The Pagans in Gaul at the time enjoyed their religion also until the Romans came forcing Christianity.

Today we watch how many parts of Africa are christianized also. I am saddened because I believe they should have upheld their cultures and ancient beliefs of the African Gods they use to belief and enjoy. Now one by one they are dwindling...the tribes, the belief systems. Now I hear from many African Americans "God Fearing" in all of their profiles. It is ashame.

I wonder if this whole paradox wouldn't have happened and that the Romans would have continued to believe in the many Roman Gods instead. How would history have been seen then?

Don't mind me funches. I am chatting too much for my own good and probably way off the topic. I will step out and hope this thread will pick up. :)

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 07:41 AM
I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of Neurons one has or produces. If that is possible.

Aren't neurons the conductors of our brain functions as far as I understand. I am not sure if the more the better, or if it has something to do with life span of one that makes them function at a more advance level for us to comprehend things better.

I know that we use certain parts of our brain and they have shown studies of how our talents show how some areas of the brain is used more then others.

It is a complicated matter! lol

I don't expect a scientist to suddenly pop up on a dating site and to provide answers. I just wanted to know what you think without research on the matter. That is what I am doing at the moment although the video I provided above does show various experiments of what could be.

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 07:26 AM
Fortunately we have a huge forest across the northern parts of Russia and Canada that hasn't been tampered with. I agree that the Amazon's forest is dwindling fast. The economy isn't doing well as they chop down trees to get the people some money and provide farmland for livestock.

Truly new measures have to be taken to at least find other solutions in perserving the forest grounds there while providing viable income for families to live off.

Replant trees after you chop one down! This has to be a law and the information has to be relayed repeatingly to every country in the world. I agree Jess that this is an important issue.

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 07:13 AM
Edited by greeneyeman on Thu 05/12/11 07:21 AM
Some say that Jesus actually ressurrected a dying religion namely the teachings of the Torah. I guess people had a choice then. Either to follow the Romans who believed in multiple gods or the Torah in one god that rules them all. The god of the gods.

Then Jesus came back from the missing years. What did he do in those missing years? No one knows. Some say he was in Egypt and others claim he was as far as northern India.

And when he came back he tried to teach what he learned. A more peaceful approach as oppossed what the old testaments provide.

When all the attention was given to him the Jews made a deal with the Romans to get rid of him. Both the Roman officials and the Jew officials didn't like that their religions were not given the spotlight and cooperated in the killings of anyone believing in Christianity.

When Jesus died it is said that the Jews then wrote what they believe would ressurrect their religion and keep it viable. In otherwords the continuation of having a God that rules all other gods regardless of origin. If it is Egyptian or Roman...one god rules them all.

Sort of like one ring rules them all in the Lord of the Rings. lol

I know for many this doesn't make sense, but I am just telling you what some observers concluded to. Does it sound far fetched? If you look at it in a historical reference sounds reasonable. I am sure I left out some loopholes along the way, but I might be getting closer to understanding it in a different perspective.

I think Jesus was really trying to show a different way of handling situations, but somehow I think personally he should have lived a longer life and really have tried to avoid being persecuted by the Romans. That way maybe he could have hired a scribe to write his life endeavors. Perhaps they would have been different stories then how we know it. Instead we have writers that may have twisted the tale so many times, and translated it into some many languages, that it just not the story it is suppose to be. Intentionally or not.

I mean now we have just recently seen all over the news a month ago about the newest testament available everywhere. It makes you wonder what has been added or taken out this time.

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 04:35 AM
Hey, hey, hey! I just got out of the military, but I understand what you are saying! laugh

Here is a great report from BBC about the different scientists around the world who have come up with their conclusions on what makes a genius. Tell me what you gather from it when you get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8DQCBewszY

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 03:31 AM
I want to know more if it is something a long the lines of if we all process the ability to become geniuses or whether the brains are fundamentally different genetically when born.

no photo
Thu 05/12/11 03:18 AM
Are an elite few born to be geniuses, or does genius reside in each and every one of us?

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 06:09 PM

greenyman, since you obviously can't save the world, what in your small personal life do you think your mission is or would be if you had a mission?

Do you mean my huge personal life? Just joking with you.

At the moment my passion is to fix our elementary school systems here in the states. I actually have the idea copyrighted and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has expressed interest into it. There is nothing more I can say at the moment about the project. I also enjoy invitations in my community on educating the importance of our environment by recycling and how to live more aware of ourselves for others.

That is really a great mission. drinker

I'd just like to lose about 50 pounds. laugh :tongue:

Well you look great to me if that is you on the picture!:tongue: laugh

That's my face.

That will be my body by next year. Then I will post a real picture of all of me.

One who wants will have! I believe you. :)

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 05:00 PM

greenyman, since you obviously can't save the world, what in your small personal life do you think your mission is or would be if you had a mission?

At the moment my passion is to fix our elementary school systems here in the states. I actually have the idea copyrighted and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has expressed interest into it. There is nothing more I can say at the moment about the project. I also enjoy invitations in my community on educating the importance of our environment by recycling and how to live more aware of ourselves for others.

That is really a great mission. drinker

I'd just like to lose about 50 pounds. laugh :tongue:

Well you look great to me if that is you on the picture!:tongue: laugh

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 04:43 PM

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:34 PM

I think he means that your current view of the world as it is is depressing.

Oh I see. Yes it is at times when I know so many people are starving or living in the slums. I mean just pick a country and I can tell you something about it.

For example Nigeria sits on tons of oil and caters to the ultimate rich 1% while the rest of the country lives in poverty and starvation. It is a sad picture, but I am optimistic and believe we can change so much. I never give up even I don't have a huge influence like some do in this world and don't do anything about it.

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:32 PM
Ha ha too funny and thank you! Very cool!

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:23 PM

I am one of those people who would like to commit a genocide when I am saying how to create true world peace??????? You guys are a trip for thinking so negative. Fortunately you truly don't understand what I am writing.

Not one single person has to die on this Earth if we as a people change the way we live. We have enough food for every single soul to eat. We just don't do it. 1 billion are starving as we speak. 5000 die each day from starvation or lack of water. We can save much of this planet if we act now if we really unite. I actually posted a video called "The Home Documentary" in the Science thread. You should check it out so you can see where my mind is.

Remember you ask if "you were asked on a mission from God" what would it be? To me that sounds like if God came to me and asked me to go on a mission.

I think big so I wanted my mission to save this planet from destruction of our own greed. We have created more damage in the last 50 years then we have in the 200,000 years we have existed as Homo Sapiens. This concerning about how we handle this planet on pollution and each other.

So in return if I was granted questions, I would ask God how to create true world peace, eliminate greed, and hone weather.

The God I would hope to know would give me such answers to ensure that we would create true world peace without resorting to violence.

Since this is a question asking for us to use our imagination, I would simply wave a wand in my hand and change the minds of humans to live more peacefully amongst each other. I would wave my wand again to change the minds of each human to never experience the feeling of greed.

And if you think about it we are in need to restore this planet for it is running out of resources very fast, draughts are worse then ever, our forests are depleting at alarming rates and the countries richest people's greed are preventing many people around the world to make ends meet. This all leads to excessive pollution. Even our drinking water is depleting at an alarming rates.

So yeah I wish God would give me a mission to really change things in the positive light (without the resort of violence), but all I can do is help my community a little at a time and that is what I am doing.

So yes restoring our planet to save the 25% of species we may lose is important!

Right, like I said you paint a depressing picture. I never said I thought you would like to commit genocide.

When jeanniebean said that, I was wondering whether or not it was true. Thank you for the clarification.

But still, the picture you paint of the world is depressing. I am really glad I don't see it that way.

How is that depressing? I don't understand.

Wanting world peace is depressing?
Wanting to keep our planet healthy is depressing?
Saving our species that are going in extinction is depressing?
Eliminating greed is depressing?

I surely don't understand how you find that depressing and not want to improve our current situation?

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:22 PM

Okay greenyman I did misunderstand your post. You have very lofty goals. I think humans can indeed accomplish this if they all worked together for peace and prosperity.

I mistook you for some people who would like to reduce the population of the earth to save the planet. I'm glad that is not what you meant. I should have read it more carefully.

I just wonder what it would take to accomplish such things. I think it would take a lot of people working together.

It can be done, but it would really take a world effort. I mean of course if a God existed and a couple waves of the wand would be much easier right!

But yes we all have actually a mission and that is to preserve our HOME....Earth.

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:12 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/11/11 03:15 PM
I am one of those people who would like to commit a genocide when I am saying how to create true world peace??????? You guys are a trip for thinking so negative. Fortunately you truly don't understand what I am writing.

Not one single person has to die on this Earth if we as a people change the way we live. We have enough food for every single soul to eat. We just don't do it. 1 billion are starving as we speak. 5000 die each day from starvation or lack of water. We can save much of this planet if we act now if we really unite. I actually posted a video called "The Home Documentary" in the Science thread. You should check it out so you can see where my mind is.

Remember you ask if "you were asked on a mission from God" what would it be? To me that sounds like if God came to me and asked me to go on a mission.

I think big so I wanted my mission to save this planet from destruction of our own greed. We have created more damage in the last 50 years then we have in the 200,000 years we have existed as Homo Sapiens. This concerning about how we handle this planet on pollution and each other.

So in return if I was granted questions, I would ask God how to create true world peace, eliminate greed, and hone weather.

The God I would hope to know would give me such answers to ensure that we would create true world peace without resorting to violence.

Since this is a question asking for us to use our imagination, I would simply wave a wand in my hand and change the minds of humans to live more peacefully amongst each other. I would wave my wand again to change the minds of each human to never experience the feeling of greed.

And if you think about it we are in need to restore this planet for it is running out of resources very fast, draughts are worse then ever, our forests are depleting at alarming rates and the countries richest people's greed are preventing many people around the world to make ends meet. This all leads to excessive pollution. Even our drinking water is depleting at an alarming rates.

So yeah I wish God would give me a mission to really change things in the positive light (without the resort of violence), but all I can do is help my community a little at a time and that is what I am doing.

So yes restoring our planet to save the 25% of species we may lose is important!

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 03:11 PM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/11/11 03:12 PM

With greater power one has greater responsibility. If I was granted a mission from God then I would ask to please give me the knowledge on how to attain true world peace and happiness for every soul on the planet and actually make it happen. I would also ask for a powerful spell to eliminate greed from people who use it and immediately restore our HOME (Earth) without raping all of its resources, tearing down its forests to have draught issues, and reduce the ongoing pollution, which will eliminate over 25% of our species in the near future. I would also asked if it is possible to control the weather in a positive way to help every farmer get water when needed.

Am I asking for too much power! lol

Anyway I just let my imagination flow with this. It is too Utopia probably for most people anyway! ha ha.

Wow, glad I don't live in the world you do. That sounds depressing.

Yeh, I think he is one of those who would like to commit genocide and eliminate 3/4 of the human species on the planet.

I don't think an operation like that is going to make a lot of people "happy." Also during the killing or dieing of these people there would not be a lot of "peace" in the world.

I think wanting to be a member of the surviving population who enjoys the newly restored earth is the ultimate "greed."

Its like saying, "Oh there are two many people here on earth, lets get rid of a bunch of them so I can enjoy it more."

Sounds like a lot of GREED to me.

[/quote

So yes restoring our planet to save the 25% of species we will be losing if we don't act now is a priority!

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 10:42 AM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/11/11 10:50 AM
This I find amusing when two christians claim they are wrong on how they worship or understand their bible. Morningglory claims what Cowboy's understanding to be wrong and perhaps Cowboy feels the same way about MorningGlory.

There are about 34,000 different Christian groups in the world since AD 30. This is according to the World Christian Encyclopedia published in 2001. 1,200 different Christian denominations exist in the United States alone. Some groups classify Christianity into 8 meta-groups, namely Roman Catholicism (the largest), Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy and Assyrian Churches, Protestantism, Restorationism, Anglican Communicants, Pentecostal, and others.

There will never be peace amongst themselves due to different beliefs or interpretations from the bible and many around the world who don't study or believe in the bible will rarely find peace with them either.

But it is good to know that some do find solidarity in their preachings.

no photo
Wed 05/11/11 10:33 AM
Edited by greeneyeman on Wed 05/11/11 10:48 AM
I see that you changed your post above morningglory at the last moment again...

You added:

ps...a lot of scientists are finding out that science and the bible agree

I am not saying that what you believe is wrong. I am just showing the contradictions between the two.

Yes there are those as I have mentioned above that use both science and faith to conclude in what they believe as logical, just like those that don't believe in faith but only science to be logical, and last but not least those that use only faith on whatever belief system they use to be logical.

In the end it shows that there will always be a contradiction leading to disagreements in these forums, which depends on where one is born in this world, how they were brought up or raised, what environment they grew up in, and what dominate ( in most cases) belief system they are confronted with and as an end result in what they come to conclude as logical.

It is an interesting observation if you ask me.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 17 18