Community > Posts By > AMPdog

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 07:16 PM
Be the most squared away individual at BCT and AIT. Max the AFPT each and every time, keep your gig line straight and wear the uniform with pride.

Be above standard, not just the standard.

----------------------

"I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade."

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 12:26 PM
Just my personal .02 cents...

Don't bring it up to talk about directly unless you have some concrete proof.

1. He'll just deny it and make you feel like you are going crazy and put a lot of blame on you. 2. You may not be correct (but gut instincts should be listened too). 3. If he is cheating, he'll just start being more careful about it. 4. The truth will come out eventually anyway unless he's James Bond and he knows you are onto him.

Just take your time, act oblivious, and wait until you know for certain.

Just my opinion.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 12:16 PM
But I do have to say, if you are looking to buy and if you are stable enough financially - now is a good time.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 12:11 PM
...as Belushi already did. Sorry didn't see the response.

no photo
Thu 11/08/07 12:10 PM
A mess to some people, an opportunity to some people.

Gypsy, from what I understand - this whole deal is arising from over-eager lending for home buyers that couldn't necessarily keep up with payments (over-extending). Someone more knowledgeable in real-estate can probably kick in with a better explanation...

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 08:00 PM
I feel ya man. =/

My situation is a little different though. I keep getting mail, email, and phone calls (months after the end) from marriage planners, wedding photographers, bakeries, florists, etc... seems I ended up on a marketing list when I inquired about some locations for a ceremony after I got engaged to her and before we broke up.

Kind of makes it hard to forget. lol

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 07:18 PM
Good to meet everyone.

Pearlman: Where did you go to AIT? Ft. Leonard Wood?

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 07:09 PM
I'm working on 10 years now. Over half way to retirement! =D

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 07:01 PM
Yeah, that's my old Labrador and yup that's an Apache Longbow.

Names Andrew by the way.

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 06:56 PM
Alright, knew a few guys that got to train in Oman on a regular basis there from that unit.

Larry Timson - IDF?

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 06:50 PM
Good to meet you AbelDanielt. Have you met/trained with anyone from the US 5th SFG there?

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 06:46 PM
What country/branch?

no photo
Wed 11/07/07 06:43 PM
AbelDanielt: by JCO do you mean Joint Commission Observer?

no photo
Tue 11/06/07 09:47 AM
Command and Conquer: Red Alert - that was my all-time favorite.

Homeworld, Age of Empires (and following series).

Of course all the Blizzard RTSs too.

Kohan wasn't well known, but the multi-player on it was insane. A really well designed game.

http://www.gamesfirst.com/reviews/rick/Kohan/kohan.htm

no photo
Tue 11/06/07 09:14 AM
From personal experience, I agree with dc and John.

Only thing I would add is: when you do confront, be mentally prepared for a *strong*, emotional denial and finger pointing back at you. All the more reason to be sure and have some sort of proof.

Truth has a way of coming out over time in relationships.

no photo
Mon 11/05/07 01:14 PM
But I don't know about the rest of the guys here, but I love the fact that women are different from men... men are all hairy and icky. Women are beautiful. But I'll be grateful and celebrate that difference in my own special way. ;D

no photo
Mon 11/05/07 01:13 PM
Right, right. =D

no photo
Mon 11/05/07 01:07 PM
I'm still undecided on the issue on what to do with illegal immigrants that are already here...

I'm Libertarian in most of my views and would prefer the government stay out of the lives of people who live and work here already as long as they aren't hurting anyone...

But I think csi1994, that a lot of people argue that *legal* immigration is better for everyone involved, including immigrants. Which I can understand as well. It's not fair that illegal immigrants are getting all the benefits at the expense of people that are legally applying to come here.

It's a big gray area without an easy solution in any case and I'm glad it's finally being addressed politically.

no photo
Mon 11/05/07 12:57 PM
Aren't we all just contradicting ourselves?

no photo
Mon 11/05/07 12:56 PM
But aren't there differences in people? Is it better to pretend everyone is the same regardless of religion, sex, culture, society, etc... or to recognize and respect those differences?