Community > Posts By > AMPdog

no photo
Tue 10/28/08 11:32 AM
Scientifically:

Einstein states E=MC^2, or in lay terms - energy, mass, and speed/time are all inter-related and properties of each other.

Scientific theory believes the universe came into existence at certain point in time (i.e. The Big Bang)...

However, before there was a universe and the mass that makes up the universe - there would have been no time (going back to Einstein's theories on relatively)....

So according to Steven Hawking this is an impossibility. An infinity of timelessness doesn't just end (like would happen with the Big Bang theory)... it would take a higher power beyond the rules of physics and quantum mechanics to have overcome this infinity of timelessness and mass-lessness (my new word).

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 08:36 PM
Greets!

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 08:33 PM
I don't know, but I think we should rock it.

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 08:31 PM
This indecision's bugging me... If you don't want me, set me free... Exactly whom I'm supposed to be. Don't you know which clothes even fit me? Come on and let me know... Should I cool it or should I blow?

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 08:28 PM
Well you've got to let me know... should *I* stay or should I go now?

no photo
Sat 10/25/08 08:24 PM
...if you stay there will be trouble. If you go there will be double...

no photo
Sat 10/18/08 06:15 PM
Nope, I'm agnostic.

no photo
Sat 10/18/08 06:10 PM
Yes, they are allowed even if it's not accepted as being morally sound. Christianity has a doctrine of free-will and acceptance that people are not perfect. Meaning anyone can (and many will) do things that are immoral and that is expected. But if a person makes a personal choice to not take part in such things it is considered good and righteous because they were not forced.

no photo
Sat 10/18/08 02:19 PM
Well there's a difference between owning and regulating. For example, governments don't do that good of a job that own telephone companies (relatively expensive and poor service) - but government should be regulating private telephone companies to prevent monopolies and encourage competition. That results in lower cost and better service for the consumer.

I'm not against government regulating, just against government ownership of services when the private sector could do a better job.

no photo
Sat 10/18/08 01:58 PM
Why does everyone want the government to take more control over things? Government bureaucracy never does as good of a job as private industry, and it costs everyone more in the long run. Defense/military is one of the few things the government SHOULD be providing. But schools? Private schools have been providing better education all along - I'd rather see private industry take over public schools.

no photo
Sun 10/12/08 08:36 AM
This is one of my favorite Blue October songs.

I like 'She's My Ride Home' too:

We talked
Together sharpening the knife
Like killing partners for a life
Hey, we can hide the bodies on the ride home

Now here we are
We're licking skin to wipe us clean
Strike a match, pour gasoline
Ditch the scene
And watch this city burn
Asleep
My lap will be a pillow
Steering wheel turn

I'll be reaching for the stars with you
Who cares
No one else believes
So I
Set fire to everyone around
But you
I told you
I told you we'd do it
Yeah we won

We Drive
To leave the past and clear the mind
To watch the sunset set its time
I swear you'll find
I'm your ride home

Now close your eyes
Its' getting dark and the highway's clear
No sign of life from front to rear
Its just you my dear
On the ride home
We're going home

Who cares
No one else believes
So I
But you
I told you
I told you we'd do it
Yeah we won

We talked
Together sharpening a knife
Like killing partners for a life
Hey, we can hide the bodies on the ride home
'Cause we're going home

Who cares
No one else believes
So I
But you
I told you
I told you we'd do it
Yeah we won

no photo
Thu 09/18/08 03:51 AM
Count yourself lucky you don't live in a country with socialized systems. In Germany I paid over 50% of my income straight to income tax. And about a 15% tax on every purchase (including food, water, services, etc...).

I'm no fan of taxes. But honestly, in the US we pay some of the world's lowest taxes by far. Or have up until this point (might be changing soon).

no photo
Tue 09/16/08 10:52 PM
When Spring comes
And the cherry trees
Warm from the rising sun
I hope you are there to see

Walking in their silent embrace
As the blossoms take their fall
In this holy quite place
I hope you are there to feel it all

And when Winter comes
Feel no threat
Because Spring will return with the sun
And the cherry blossoms that fall for you
Will take away Winters regret

I hope you are there to lift your face and see
The pink blossoms above
And flowing in the breeze
Are a symbol of the loves
That we will always carry with us

All I ask is for you to think of me
When you walk beneath the cherry trees
All I want is to be there with you
In your heart
As the blossoms are blown by fate
The breeze

I can see you standing there
Cherry blossoms gently floating to the ground
With flurries of petals dancing around
Reflected in your eyes
Remember me then
And smile
Or cry
As fate decides

no photo
Wed 09/03/08 09:08 PM

3 X 9 = 27 and the 2 the bellboy kept = 29

Where did the other dollar go?

The math is wrong here. Should be:

$25/3 = $8.333 each. Not $9 each. So...

3 X $8.334 = $25. The lost dollar is in the fraction that wasn't included.

no photo
Wed 09/03/08 07:52 PM

and while yes were all human. humans are different and seperate. the islam extremists have hated us for years, ever since the crusades theyve hated us all. what bush did was evil, but what they do daily is more heinous than anyhting him and cheney do combined.

Im no historian, but I dont think USA was around during the crusades...the problems of the middle east started long ago..and you would do well to really educate your self about US foreign interests in the middle east before you start talking about who hates who...

The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
George Orwell

I'm no historian either, but I think you completely missed the point of what he wrote. I got that he was simply pointing out that there are a lot of different views/religions/opinions/governments/ways of life in the world. And there happen to be a huge number of Muslim extremists (especially mujahadin) that are intolerant of everything else to the point that they *truly* hate 'us'. As opposed to the average person in the western world that doesn't really hold any specific personal hatred of other people to nearly the same degree.

That's not saying all Muslims hate the world - but the extremist movement is a strong one (that has actually existed *prior* to the Crusades by the way).

no photo
Wed 09/03/08 05:56 PM
lol my favorite is "Radiation-Induced Brachial Plexopathy".

no photo
Wed 09/03/08 05:50 PM

is there anything else it "could" be? vitamin deficiency, alcohol consumptionblushing , etc? happy anybody here experienced carpal tunnel?

Since you asked:

Acroosteolysis neurogenic
Acroparesthesia syndrome
Brachial Plexus Injury
Broken finger(s)
Broken hand
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
Chronic Kidney Disease
Ciguatera poisoning
Dana syndrome
Dermatomyositis
Diabetes
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Ganglion cyst
Halm-Munk syndrome
Hand neuropathy
Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies
Hypocalcemia, autosomal dominant
Limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis
Lupus
Olivopontocerebellar Atrophy
POEMS syndrome
Pernicious anemia
Polyneuritis
Pyridoxine deficiency
Radiation-Induced Brachial Plexopathy
Raynaud's phenomenon
Syringomyelia, cervical lesion
Etc...

...or in other words, just go see a doctor. lol

no photo
Mon 09/01/08 07:23 PM
I think it's great that the whole furry subculture thing is becoming socially acceptable at some level (despite shows like CSI). Adults need more creative outlets.

no photo
Mon 09/01/08 07:19 PM
Power to the furries!

no photo
Sat 04/05/08 10:59 AM
Edited by AMPdog on Sat 04/05/08 11:02 AM
This is complete and total BS.

Say what you want about McCain as a politician... but he did serve honorably in the military.

He requested combat assignments and received them - and almost lost his life on more than one occasion. The first being during the USS Forrestal fire in 1967. After his jet caught fire and although he was wounded - he attempted to free another pilot trapped in his jet when a bomb exploded and injured him further. 134 people were killed that day.

After recovering, he immediately requested combat assignments again. He was shot down at the end of 1967 over Hanoi.

"McCain fractured both arms and a leg, and then nearly drowned when he parachuted into Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi. After he regained consciousness, a mob attacked him, crushed his shoulder with a rifle butt, and bayoneted him; he was then transported to Hanoi's main Hoa Loa Prison, nicknamed the "Hanoi Hlton".

Although McCain was badly wounded, his captors refused medical care, instead beating and interrogating him to get information. Only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral did they give him medical care and announced his capture."

Almost a year after being taken prisoner, McCain was offered early release by the North Vietnamese. He refused that release unless all other POWs that were taken before him were released as well (hardly the act of a 'spoiled brat').

He was held as a POW for over five and a half years total. Suffering daily beatings and torture that entire time...

No one here can even begin to imagine what that was like for him and his family. And to me, I find it really sad that articles like the one you posted are popping up everywhere in the course of political slander campaigns.