Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 05:21 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 05/15/10 05:23 AM

Then again how much people on here really read profiles what

oh, i do. it's the ONLY thing that dictates whether or not i'll write to a person if there's been no interaction in a forum environment. i've even written to people with no photo, just because i'd enjoyed the profile so much.

if there are no words, what does one say? 'nice photo'? those messages get an automatic delete from me.

by the way lex, i'd, return an email that was sent complimenting me on the way my profile was written. it's one of the nicest compliments i could get. here's hoping she writes back. and doesn't have kids. or want them. and is creative. and doesn't want to try to change you. :wink:

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 04:59 AM
but how will i abandon farmville? sad

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/15/10 04:41 AM
i've written some good profiles before.

it's always long and full enough that there is something for someone to find something to write to me about.

it's always reflective of my personality, a little bit silly, a little bit assertive, and lists some of my likes and dislikes, who i usually find attractive, what i do for a living, what i do on the side, and i post a couple of photos, usually a close-up and one full-length.

i still get men writing to me telling me what's wrong with it, what's wrong with me, how i'm too stuck up and rude for not wanting to reply to 'hi, how are you-type' emails. albeit i think my writing style relays a bit of snobbery to it, i never come across that way in personal email unless i'm put on the defensive.

if i don't set the age grouping to between a certain range, i usually get asked to exchange some photos.

i just gave up. if i were looking to date again, i don't think that i'd ever use a dating site to meet someone. i think i would just rely on old-fashioned chance meetings that hopefully come with a bit of comfortable rapport and chemistry.

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/14/10 04:53 PM
i think it comes back to it being too easy to dismiss potential matches online.

if i met a guy in real life, and there was mutual attraction and some kind of chemistry happening, i probably wouldn't look too closely at his age, unless there was an obvious huge gap.

however, if i'm creating a profile online, i would tend to put a couple of years younger, and a few years older, as those who i'd like to be able to contact me.

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/14/10 04:37 PM
maybe she's using you and your attention (even subconsciously) for an ego-boost?

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 03:37 PM
Edited by papersmile on Thu 05/13/10 03:37 PM
I guess like they say .. If you aren't happy with something do whatever it takes to change it.

i think lex might take exception to that! laugh

sometimes true wisdom is knowing when to just move on and stop fighting for something that might be a lost cause. everything doesn't necessarily cater around me and my wishes.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 02:15 PM
i imagine they think that the people who are actually paying for a dating site are probably more serious, and definitely more real, than those who can create profile after profile for free.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 02:09 PM
it makes me kind of sorry that i booked a couple of weeks vacation in south carolina this year instead of arizona/new mexico like i'd planned.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 02:05 PM
sad to say, i admit loving a good troll or two. it's cheap entertainment and far better than most shows on t.v. these days.

i think admin should through a few in the pot and give free upgrades to the person who spots and reports the most.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 01:26 PM

You know, this thread gives me hope. Honestly.

Cuz it reassures me there really ARE posters, plenty of them, who aren't just into (tongueincheek Lisa LOL =) who'd bang who above them, or anal sex or whatever. LOL

And you are right Kristi. Definitely cyclical.

But so many answer that they like thought-provoking threads :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VERY COOL!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

hey, i was being serious for a change.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/13/10 04:20 AM
i really like to know who'd bang the person above them. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 02:26 PM

they have more life insurance

rofl

9. Salt N' Pepper Hair: So hot. Sure, not every middle-aged guy has got it, but it certainly ups your chances.

as someone who's big on a guy's hair, i have to agree with this one. love

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 02:19 PM

being a player and having back-up are totally unrelated...

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the correlation myself...laugh

maybe he's got his back up and is waiting for insertion?

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 02:18 PM
if a guy has to ASK me for sex, he sure as heck wouldn't be a guy i'd ever be interested in having sex with.

that's kind of immature and begging-sounding to me.

give me a confident one that knows how to get his way.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 02:15 PM
i hardly ever wear any jewellery anymore. i find it very restricting, especially if it's warm outside and the first thing i do when i get home from work is take it all off.

i like big, chunky fake necklaces and i almost always wear a silver charm bracelet robin bought me in florida.

i'll also put on a loose anklet in the summer months.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 02:09 PM
Edited by papersmile on Wed 05/12/10 02:11 PM
IMO, culture teaching should be done by the parents and/or their ethnic community

i'm of the same mind.

i prefer my children to be taught to read and spell properly (none of this phonetically-sounded out jibberish and/or abbreviated crap, i wish them to learn math, as well as get enough physical education each day, and be led by good example.

also, i don't necessarily believe that just because you exclude cultures from being taught that you are an automatic racist. i don't teach my children about chinese culture - does that mean i hate orientals?

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 04:03 AM

does attempted smart aleckness count?

i don't lie about any situations and/or feelings, but a lot of my posts are just joshing around ones.

papersmile's photo
Wed 05/12/10 03:16 AM
if i continue to see no reciprocation in the level of effort someone is putting forth toward the relationship, either at its current level, or towards something more committed, then i take that as a sign of their disinterest and move on.

if someone allows me to walk out of their life, i believe it's not because they love me, but because they just don't love me enough.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/11/10 03:59 PM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 05/11/10 04:00 PM
if it were my kid corresponding with, and intending to meet, a criminal, i'd probably give her a smack on the back of her head.

if it were her friend or husband to begin with, and she were defending and standing by him is one thing, but to befriend a total stranger who'd shot someone (it doesn't matter to me if the gun 'accidently' went off) sounds quite dumb to me.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/11/10 01:29 PM
rofl

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25