Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/25/10 03:13 PM

a lot of those people are probably not that much different than you were. except for the crack heads .... lol ... there's a lot of those in there.

oh probably i agree that some are, but when you live in a big bleeding heart metropolis like toronto, you begin to become a realist and realize that there ARE a lot of people out there unwilling to work, unwilling to better themselves, unwilling to attempt to pick themselves up off the floor and make a contribution to society, unwilling to accept a lower-paying job to attempt to make ends meet instead of demanding something for nothing (and getting it).

i'm no better than anyone else either, but damned if i let the state take total care of me.

kudos to you judy for admitting it.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/25/10 12:23 PM
having natural children of my own was always very important to me and i most likely would not have dated a father who was unwilling to have any more with me.

now that i'm older and have my own, i'd date a man with kids. however, i'd rather them close to the ages of my kids so there'd be some things in common if we were all spending time together.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/24/10 05:52 AM

Only bad thing so far with the shock treaments, Is now I keep getting a twitch in my right eyefrustrated

That's bad enough, but if/when your "right hook" starts to twitch, let me get out of the way first!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
To be honest here. Every time I think about that time I broke that waiters nose I feel bad. For 10 bucks, he realy didnt deserve that.

to be honest HERE, i think that you probably broke your wrist attempting a punch.

how WOULD you know you broke his nose anyway? did you go back the next day for a medical update?

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 06:16 PM
i guess it depends both on how close you live to one another and whether or not there's some good chemistry happening.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:43 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sun 05/23/10 05:43 PM
i prefer to do the asking; that way, i'm assured that i'm attracted to the person i'm asking out and don't have to find an excuse to say no.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 09:56 AM
as a raptor fan, i hope any team that vince carter is on loses.

yeah, i know, i'm a suck. laugh

i DO, however, like dwight howard and think he's a skilled and classy player. i'm absolutely stunned at the 0-3 against boston.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 06:39 AM

Oh gosh .. I should have clarified. Didn't realize we had so many hardcore FOOD gardeners .. :tongue:

ohwell No veggies here. LOL

Just flowers blushing

And tons of overseeding the yards for more lush grass bigsmile

i'm the same. flowers only. well i have a current bush and a raspberry bush and strawberries, but no vegetables. i just don't have the time to pick.

i remember when i was first married and my former-very-italian-father-in-law wanted us to start a vegetable garden. every so often he'd come over and see zucchini the size of a watermelon and start yelling at me. i finally told him to just give up on us.

i also find it very therapeutic, especially weeding.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 04:59 AM
if the service is so unacceptable, i don't leave any tip, i don't go back, nor do i give referrals (unless it's a bad one).

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/23/10 02:13 AM
maybe they don't write back because they aren't attracted to you.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/22/10 06:26 AM
i guess the way i look at it is if i'm dating a guy, he IS the best possible looking guy and i don't even notice any others, at least not in that way. however cliche it sounds, i truly only have eyes for him.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/22/10 01:02 AM

"When you stop looking, somethings wrong."

So I just wondering, gals and guys alike, is it a problem when your significant other out of the corner of their eye sees a beautiful body somewhere while your both out and about?

it depends on how he looks at her and/or what sort of hooting calls come out of his mouth.

personally i find it very offensive if i don't have all of his attention when we are together and if he's noticing other women, yes, i'd be quite jealous. and probably pissed off too.

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/21/10 06:27 PM
i'm the polar opposite.

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/21/10 02:26 PM
9. It is fine to drool over the really HOT pics on dating sites and dream...just know when it is time to come back down to Earth!

my boyfriend IS one of those hot pics i drool over. drool

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/21/10 02:00 PM

F&L,

Yes it is true. It is something new the site is doing

in THAT case,

i met someone here too; his name is quietman_2009

when can i expect my t-shirts? :angel:

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/21/10 01:55 PM

arsenal and trinidad

arsenal? shocked

i never heard of that country

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/20/10 02:17 PM
two out of my three kids are born during a long-weekend/holiday and i find that most of the invitees are off vacationing somewhere and have to miss the party.

i'd say christmas would be the worst, especially when you were a kid.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/20/10 03:56 AM
Edited by papersmile on Thu 05/20/10 03:57 AM
awww, i think it's sweet if a man does the grocery shopping for the girl.

i don't think i'd complain, no matter what. i might do it differently next time around, but i'd be so grateful that he cared enough to go, i'd just suck up the grape seeds or eat the lumps in the tomato sauce.

i'd broken my toe (on my driving foot) in february and i'd have killed to have someone grocery shop for me, even just 1 measly sack of them, i don't care what they picked.

i only make a list if i'm cooking from a recipe i've never used or need to remember something not usually on the list. otherwise, i have a set path to follow, with specific foods to buy and the routine hardly ever differs.

papersmile's photo
Thu 05/20/10 03:45 AM

thats what really sucks...i thought i had accepted it and was ok with it....and then like a ton of bricks....it hit me and the tears are flowing......

accepting it and feeling sad about it, on occasion, are not necessarily the same thing.

also i find the sadness comes more from the loss of the dream, that we weren't one of the lucky ones who got to stay together forever, than the loss of him specifically. i keep reminding myself of the poor times when i feel sad over it.

it isn't so much that i miss him, or his love, but that i question myself and whether i misjudged him, whether he changed, or whether he really even was my friend after all.

as far as changing what we've said, done and thought. i believe that things have a way of working themselves out in the manner in which they were intended. the process might be different, but the result stays the same.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/18/10 02:43 PM

what do you find is the most annoying thing about the opposite sex?

their inability to read my mind and react accordingly.

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/18/10 02:42 PM
i've had tailgaters so close that i can't even see their dashboard.

i make sure i am going the speed limit (which i usually am anyway), no faster, no slower and i proceed at that speed until they get fed up and pass (sometimes in the oncoming traffic lane). i have even called 911 from the car and reported the plates.

i don't drive in the passing lane unless i actually am passing and/or making a left exit.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25