Community > Posts By > BDBoop

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 09:47 PM
Is the same true of love? I'm starting to question if it's not possible that some relationships just last so long, they run their course, and then we're meant to move on? I was just in the thread about love vs. convenience, and remembering my marriage.

I had no trust, up until the time I let my husband into my heart. I saw my parents marriage and really; it would take a special kind of masochistic stupid to follow in their footsteps. But Tim happened and I thought hey. He's a good man. He's a good dad, he's good to me, he loves me, I love him - I shall accept his proposal. And it's not like we were passionless.

But 13 years in he decided it was time to switch partners. Since I barely unlocked enough to let him in, I couldn't see myself trusting anybody with my heart again, so I just went on with my life, solo. But now, I'm here. I'm meeting people and extending my hand and heart and thoughts, without considering if it's a good idea. I think I'm sort of going back to who I was meant to be, instead of the wounded soul my family created.

That brings me full circle to the subject at hand. Is it possible that most relationships weren't meant to last forever? I am grateful for the good times I had with Tim; I am. I miss the hugs, and the jokes, the laughter and the love. I'm misting up, just remembering. But maybe it really only was meant for us to be together for so many years.

Anybody have any thoughts or feedback?

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 09:37 PM

bc he was the best I could get.

Oh, honey. All I've seen is two posts and a few pictures and I know you can do better! You DESERVE better, and we both know it (and probably a few other people on this board can see it, too).

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 09:33 PM
Greetings, fellow young Boop!

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 09:32 PM
Edited by BDBoop on Sat 12/18/10 09:32 PM
Sheer PERFECTION! Yes. smokin

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 07:57 PM

mac n cheese.

wats ur favorit music to listin to while doing the dirty deed with ur bed buddy

Bolero.

Have you ever used the Kama Sutra?

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 07:56 PM

The screwed up parts of our lives aint ever our own faults.

I think ... it's probably a true flaw of mine that I think, for the most part, the best about my fellow man. I assume good things about them, until they prove me wrong.

That last sentence I quoted is not true of me. I figure if it's not true of me, it's also not true of at least some segment of the rest of society. Doesn't that make sense?

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 04:39 PM

OH!! And Mrheartfelt TOTALLY looks like Michael Duncan Clarke.

I totally agree

Good. Now tell me who Himself1 looks like because I KNOW it's somebody and it's buggin me!!!

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 04:35 PM

I miss nothing. Absolutely nothing there to miss.

Did the person you fell in love with morph completely into a new being? It does happen, whether by drugs or some other cause.

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 04:30 PM
OH!! And Mrheartfelt TOTALLY looks like Michael Duncan Clarke.

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 04:25 PM

who is he lol i cant look as im on this usein my cell phone lmao is he some ugly guy or something because manofewords finds it funny lmao

No! I had a huge crush on him like 30 years ago. Very good actor, but sort of disappeared for many years. Go check IMDB when you are able. Most pictures of him now are the older ones, so you have to look for stuff from the 70's.

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 03:19 PM

i havent seen any lookalikes? lol

Too funny that a look-alike answered. Look up John Savage, from back in the day. Let me see if I can find a pic to link to.

http://www.mysticgames.com/famouspeople/pictures/JohnSavage.jpg

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 02:50 PM
I haven't been here that long, but I've seen two profile pics that bore a resemblance to a semi-famous actor. Have any of you all seen the same? If so, which member and what actor/actress?

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 02:48 PM

Even worse is when you get a group of em drunk and break out a stripper....it is embarrassing! They get WAAAAAAAAY dumber than guys ever do.

Surely not!!!

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 02:42 PM

Hahahahahaha No BabyBoop!

I am one of the ones who smoothe out lie (diplomacy) and make people feel good about themselves. I am only a d!ck when I got no other choice.

Those were simply examples of questions and the answers that people don't want to hear.

People think they want the truth....they want it sugar coated and they want it to be the answers they want....the ones that make them feel good.

Okay. Still trying to figure out how you can presume to know how 'most people' are.

I guess it's obvious that generalizations are one of my biggest pet peeves.

:smile:

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 02:11 PM

sorry kids...calling BS on this....

Don't know which kids you're talking to, but I think you may be exhibiting the kind of 'honesty' I can do without. Candor is one thing. Being a dick about it is a whole new ball game, and one I generally avoid.

BDBoop's photo
Sat 12/18/10 07:25 AM

So please stop thinking like the half a billion cave men out there, that it's all a bunch of crap and we want you guys to spend $$ on us you don't have. I for one relish the simple things in life: a walk beach holding hands, a single rose, a back rub after a long, hard day at the office, laying on a blanket looking at the stars.

I really don't know what the vast majority of women out there are like, but I think as you do. And I love to cook, but I don't want to be in there slaving away all by my lonesome, and have him bail when it's time to do the dishes. Men who don't know the simple intimacy a kitchen can offer don't interest me, either.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 10:32 PM

Don't spend your life looking for someone to live with; live your life and someone will come looking to share it with you.

I'd be eternally grateful if the "thank" function were added to this forum.
flowerforyou

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 10:21 PM

No
but I get sleepy.

What's the funniest nickname you've given to a child (relative)?

Has to be a relative? Because I used to have a good buddy I dubbed Fishface DeMarco. For whatever reason, it cracked us both up.

What's your favorite breed of dog? Even if you're a catlover.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 10:19 PM
I don't think that question is so easily answered. I'm not Ancient of Days or anything, but I have seen, over the course of my life, a fair amount of kindness and tact go down the drain.

Be honest about yourself, absolutely! Don't presume to know me from the snapshot of time in which you've known me. Being weighed and found wanting by somebody who perceives himself to be honest to the point of 'painful' or brutal' is not my idea of a good time.

Likewise, don't go spilling every stupid mistake you've ever made, along with your entire last relationship's strengths and weaknesses, to that sweet young thing you just met.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 10:14 PM

/laughing hysterically

You called me Boob. laugh

laugh laugh laugh

Hey it's an honest mistake, got a lot of *stuff* to think about...

laugh laugh laugh

Since my name is Bobbi, and yeah, etc. - that's been my nickname more than once.