Community > Posts By > BDBoop

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 01:07 PM
Because this site is VERY BAD for my work!

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 12:19 PM

Thanks BDBoop, though I view it as a God given gift. (a little gentle alliteration for you)bigsmile

Gentle is always appreciated. winking

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 12:10 PM
I have moved on as far as I as a person would likely move on. I've never been one for dating. One wonders why I'm on the site? Well, I'm kind of wondering that myself. My motto has always been, you can never have too many friends.

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 11:23 AM

I could go on and on, but I'll end this with a flashback to a childhood fave:

Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles:

The Book of Three
The Black Cauldron
The Castle of Llyr
Taran Wanderer
The High King

I loved these books and spent 20 years looking for a complete set so I could have them on hand for when I have children myself. I finally found a used boxed set (the books are out of print now), and I believe it was well worth the money and the effort!

Good for you!! I love being part of a family that reads. I have a snapshot of my daughter, lying in my place on the bed, under the Tom Selleck poster, "reading" my book. Upside-down. Now she's an avid reader, and her daughter, who will be three tomorrow, is 'reading' Tiara's books. :smile:

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 10:35 AM

But all that doesn't stop you for dating. Just get out there, instead of waiting for the right moment, otherwise you're gonna be waiting for a loooooooong time.

Good luck flowerforyou

Thanks. You're gorgeous. Apparently inside, as well. :smile:

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 10:33 AM
Excellent thread, SF.

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 09:48 AM

I'm hoping I get all the books I'm missing in the Dresden files by Jim Butcher for Yule, so I can get started there.

Oh, good luck! He's amazing. :smile: That's another one where I started reading, and my daughter just ran with it.

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 09:47 AM

Some favorites:

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever- Stephen R Donaldson :

The First Chronicles

1. Lord Foul's Bane (1977)
2. The Illearth War (1978)
3. The Power That Preserves (1979)

The Second Chronicles

1. The Wounded Land (1980)
2. The One Tree (1982)
3. White Gold Wielder (1983)

The Last Chronicles

1. The Runes of the Earth (2004)
2. Fatal Revenant (2007)
3. Against All Things Ending (2010)
4. The Last Dark (due for release 2013)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Covenant

The series that you led off with is the one that got my nephew and I started in the whole RPG reading/gaming mindset. He has finished and is shopping his first fantasy novel, and I have one in mind but have nothing done with it.

I read Lord Foul's Bane, and the two books that followed. He read them, and started RPG gaming - then got me started. From there, my daughter got started, and she started HER nephew.

My best friend can't stand Donaldson's work but we don't let that stand between us. She's the one who got me started on Pratchett.

BDBoop's photo
Thu 12/16/10 09:44 AM
That's three for the Scottish.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:27 PM
I am going to re-read the first 9 books of Wheel of Time, and continue through. I sort of wandered off in honor of the Salvatore books.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:26 PM

born in Aitkin! I've been all over the continent and I'll tell you, Minnesota is by FAR the hardest place to find a nice date.

Have you looked outside the State as well?

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:25 PM
Born, raised and forever. I'm 50% Finnlander, 50% completely unaccounted for (mom's adopted).

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:23 PM
We got around 20", and another 2-6" is expected. Gah.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:21 PM
Oh, he pretty much sucked me in from the book that preceded it, which is the first one by him I read. My son-in-law is a big fan, so he's feeding them to me in what he perceives to be the logical order.

Do you like anybody else? I like Jacqueline Carey. Terry Pratchett is new to me, I love him (thanks to my best friend).

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 11:00 PM
It's my only genre these days. Right now I'm reading Streams of Silver by R. A. Salvatore.

I do believe I'll go into shock if George R.R. Martin ever finishes book 5. And I hope to have HBO before his series is aired.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 10:58 PM
I love Glee. Kurt is my favorite, followed by Brittany. I think my favorite episode was Britney/Brittany.

That cast is CRAZY talented!

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 10:54 PM
I don't actually want the divorce. I mean - not enough to spend money I don't have, to get it. I'm not going to do without, financially ... he's been with my replacement (literal replacement. I moved out on Friday, she was there Monday, and moved in, bringing both her kids, 11 days later) for over two years now. You'd think they'd want to get hitched.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 10:52 PM

You kids are out of your damned MINDS!!!!!! (coming from me...that's a statement)

My ex's get ZERO consideration...I refuse to acknowledge any of the good things and focus sharply on only the negatives...specifically, the events leading to EX status.

Those sorry pricks and prickettes clue into the fact that they are missed in some way is an open invitation for them to come back and do you wrong again.

People are idjits. I go through this everyday up at work dealing with tards who keep letting ex's back in the door.

There's more than a few widows/widowers on this site. Also, having been through over two years of dealing, I do believe that part of healing is owning that your ex isn't a complete <expletive-deleted>. Remembering the good, not just the bad, and moving on.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 10:49 PM
I miss my dogs. Norly.

Okay. *sigh* I desperately miss the hugs.

BDBoop's photo
Wed 12/15/10 10:46 PM
It's the hap-happiest season of allllll!!!!

People are probably doing holiday 'stuff'.