Community > Posts By > BDBoop

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 01:27 PM
What's yours?

The first one that springs to mind is Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I'll come up with some more when I get back. Dinner party for my best friend's birthday, WooT!!

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 01:26 PM

that's a great motto.
XD

I knew you'd appreciate it. :wink:

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 12:42 PM
http://bit.ly/4ZSHqR

My favorite holiday card ever.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 12:26 PM

hi to all i m tall and handsome guy but still young so sad i m in need of atru one thts wy i m here i m here for a good girlfriend is there any girl for me plz answer me

Honey, I think your record is stuck.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 12:24 PM

i dislike living with people.
i live in a dorm.
single.
but i want a studio apartment.
for myself.
no one else.
i like visitors and all.
but just don't stay forever.

I always had a motto. If you didn't call first, you better not be knocking at my door. You had the choice to call first and see if I was ready for company. I have the choice of ignoring you until you leave. See how that works?

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 12:23 PM

Perhaps "own" isn't the right thing now. Withstanding "little shocks" and realizing that they are not "trauma" is exactly what's needed now???flowerforyou

Exactly. I need to stay aware that I'm not in danger. I kind of/sort of am, so. But that's not a discussion for here.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:43 AM

I'm on my own right now, but in a couple months if things go, ill be moving back to cali with my son. Ill have to move back to my dads for a couple months, but will be on my own again.

"Own" is nice. I have PTSD so all the little 'shocks' of living with other people can add up during the bad times.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:29 AM

being the biggest loser in poteau,ok till i was 17.

would u date me.

If I were 20 years younger and 8" taller, for sure!

What's your favorite meal, soup-through-dessert?

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:22 AM
Edited by BDBoop on Fri 12/17/10 11:26 AM

I don't actually want the divorce. I mean - not enough to spend money I don't have, to get it. I'm not going to do without, financially ... he's been with my replacement (literal replacement. I moved out on Friday, she was there Monday, and moved in, bringing both her kids, 11 days later) for over two years now. You'd think they'd want to get hitched.

If you're not ready to go through everything you need to do to get a divorce, perhaps you're not ready to start dating yet. Don't you think you should end one relationship before looking to start anything else?

I can re-read everything I've said, but I think I'll just go with no. I don't want a relationship. There's plenty of ground between me landing here and starting anything serious with anybody. I was told that this is a good place to meet and make friends.

P.S.: GOOD LORD!! My profile said I'm looking to date! Okay, fixed that. Thank you, person I quoted.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:21 AM

It's fun when the entire family is involved, makes for great conversations.

Off topic: I tried to IM you to say the puppies are adorable and I <3 your profile, but the system refused to connect you, or some such.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:19 AM

I wish flowerforyou you could do this

I have seen sites that have this and it doesn't work. It creates more problems. Members will create fake profiles to get around the blocks. This makes it harder for the site.

The best solution is to report it, if it breaks the forum rules, or to ignore them

I'm working on it. It takes a lot of zen work though. I'll just have to remind myself that somebody's momma did a piss-poor job raising him, and let it go at that.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:15 AM
I love all these answers. Lots of wisdom and humor in here!

The 4.5 months I spent with my sister and her partner was hard on all of us. I was used to my own home, and they were too. I tried to stay out of the way as much as possible, and they were gentle with me for the most part. Hell, my life just 'sploded! But we also gained some memories that we never would have had, if I'd been left dying in my marriage. *yes, that's how it ended. We had 12 great, wonderful years and then one unraveling one*

Anyway, re: the freedom. My sister's partner has been known to fry bacon nude. She missed that activity while I was living there. Orly? See, I don't have the cojones to attempt that kind of activity. I can see shifting and reshaping your activity, but all it takes is one flying drop of sizzling oil on a nipple. That's all I'm sayin.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:06 AM
I personally am much happier alone than I was before.

I've been happier alone most of my life. I joke that I am Hermit, Sign of the Crab, but it really is true for the most part. I only did a couple of relationships between 18 and 22, then I was alone for the vast majority of the part til 29, then I quit dating completely until 36. I did fine as a wife, (I was a mom from the time I was 22), but it took a lot of work to get used to sharing a bed. I never had, Tim thought that was so strange but yeah; never did.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:03 AM
And is it effective in the forums? There's a TRULY disgusting individual in here, and I do not wish to read another word he says.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 11:01 AM

The stats support my statement. Liberals and leftists are the first to defend criminals and scream about their "rights" while blaming the victims in most cases.

Your attitude sickens me.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 02:50 AM

Its not me that does it. It happens every day. There are those will defend the monsters.

Of course there are those. You labeled them liberals.

It is you that does it.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 02:48 AM
For a girl, my daughter's name, Tiara Serenity. For a guy, Liam.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 02:46 AM
Edited by BDBoop on Fri 12/17/10 02:52 AM
At the ripe old age of 52 (THANKS, TIM!) I find myself living with five roommates. I had my own place for 18 months, but the nature of my work precludes me having very high overhead, so here I am.

Considering I spent a decade or two looking at housing developments as "People in a box", and apartments as just COMPLETELY unacceptable, where I am now is just mind-boggling to me. But it's in a good way! I wound up adapting in ways I never thought I could - guess I was not giving myself enough credit.

Anyway, that led me to wonder. Is everybody here in their own place, or living with family, or roommates, or what?

P.S.: I hope to have a dog soon. I miss my girls madly.

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 02:39 AM
Thanks to everybody for all the positivity and support. I'm recommending Mingle2 to everybody I know. There's just something about this community (and as you can see, I've been here all of three days.)

BDBoop's photo
Fri 12/17/10 02:37 AM

im about to be. it sucks

((((U)))) So sorry, kiddo.