Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:27 PM

Toss the Bible aside. Really think about the fact that they want to pin sin on you for a guy that ate fruit long long ago. You do not have to take that sin on. Just get rid of the Bible and start working on the truth. Life is to glorious to be wasted.

Good Luck
Peace

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:56 PM

rabbit...if the are american citizens...i call them americamn...but i know not all americans are the same.

it woul dbe just as wrong as me saying everyone in the middle eat are the same

or all of the french are the same

and so on....

I am not saying they are the same. I am saying that you are getting upset with people using a word that groups people when in reality they could just be using a plural form that refers in general to that group. Just like the sentence "Americans eat hamburgers all the time" In that sentence no one would think that all Americans do that.
So if someone said. "Christians act crazy all the time". Why does that mean all Christians. The person writing the sentence has no choice but to use the plural in that sentence.

I know how much you love to argue because you even told me you don't go into threads that you agree with...so I will end the argue, but to answer above...

I get upset with people ripping me and my beliefs apart because I call myself a christian...based on whatever negative experience they may have experienced. I call myself christian...but I AM ME AND NO ONE ELSE

I whole heartedly support everyones personal right to worship God as they see fit. I hope it makes you happy and brings you much peace.

I said that the thread you started had nothing that needed to be discussed. It was just a well placed comment that did not pull a response out of me. Not quite the same.

I make no qualms about the fact that I believe Christianity is a negative force in the world. We would be much better with out it around. I will always clearly state my point of view that truth and knowledge are the real way to live your life. I hope people who read these threads will see that too.

I have just as much right to state my beliefs as any of you.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:45 PM

rabbit...if the are american citizens...i call them americamn...but i know not all americans are the same.

it woul dbe just as wrong as me saying everyone in the middle eat are the same

or all of the french are the same

and so on....

I am not saying they are the same. I am saying that you are getting upset with people using a word that groups people when in reality they could just be using a plural form that refers in general to that group. Just like the sentence "Americans eat hamburgers all the time" In that sentence no one would think that all Americans do that.
So if someone said. "Christians act crazy all the time". Why does that mean all Christians. The person writing the sentence has no choice but to use the plural in that sentence.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:39 PM

Was he punished FOR having multiple wives or punished BY having multiple wives. I had enough problems with just one!

Now this is one thing we can all come together on. laugh laugh laugh

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:25 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/29/08 07:25 PM

bullet Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.

George Barna, president and founder of Barna Research Group, commented:

"While it may be alarming to discover that born again Christians are more likely than others to experience a divorce, that pattern has been in place for quite some time. Even more disturbing, perhaps, is that when those individuals experience a divorce many of them feel their community of faith provides rejection rather than support and healing. But the research also raises questions regarding the effectiveness of how churches minister to families.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:20 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/29/08 07:20 PM
I felt that same thing the day I realized I was not a sinner because of some guy that ate fruit long ago. All of the sudden all this guilt of imaginary sin was gone. I felt so happy and free for the first time. Truly getting out from under that idea of God will set you free.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:17 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/29/08 07:17 PM
I'm trying to point out that a word like "Americans" is the plural form of "American".

So if someone says Americans eat hamburgers all the time.

It does not mean every single American does that. Its just that you need to use a plural form of a word to refer to a group.

Anyone that wants to refer to more then 1 person has to use this rule.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 07:00 PM

people use the words all, never, always, ever

unless someone knows ALL in that particular belief...you can't honestly say all christians, all muslims, all whatever

never, always, ever...haven't happened yet.

people lump people together all the time because of experiences they have had with some.

it's not right...but it happens. instead of getting to know an individual

You sure are on this kick flowerforyou

What word would you use then when referring to the people that live in this country?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 06:25 PM

christianity and christians are judge for what other christians have done in the past. For instance, the inquisition is one of the biggest mistakes of the Catholic Church (for which Pope John Paul II already apologyzed). For thousands of years chrstians has blamed jewish people for the death of my Lord. The crusades was another of those wrong deeds based upon christianity.
=========================================================================
Now in these days we have something called affirmative actions which are actions to give minorities (african americans most of all) certain benefits over white people as a compensation for the slavery of their ancestors.
It seems like a nonsense, why white people have to pay nowadays for what white people of 200 years ago did?

The same should apply to christianity. why should christians of these days pay for the wrong deeds of christians from centuries ago?
Or better yet why the entire christianity has to be judged by the wrong-doings of some of those who call themselves christians?
as i have said before it's necessary to make an analysis on a case-by-case analysis, so we can have a better idea
Because the only think we know is what the media sells us. Priests, pastors, or preachers doing this or doing that. But what about those who really work hard for the well-being of others? why don't we consider them as well in order to make a more fair judgment of the entire christianity?

Heres an analogy for you

If two people are on a race track. One is set up in normal running cloths. The other one is dressed the same except that he is wearing a 100 pound back pack. The race is 16 times around the track. Half way through the race the man with out the pack is 3 laps ahead. As you can imagine the guy wearing the back pack cannot keep up at all. Everyone see's that it is not a fair race at that point so they decide to do something to make the race even.
They tell the man with the back pack that he doesn't have to were it anymore. So the man is 3 laps behind but he has all the same advantages as the guy that is three laps ahead. Is this now fair because he no longer has the back pack on?
Of course it isn't. There needs to be other things done to make up for the advantage that man in front had. Maybe give him a back-pack for the rest of the race.

This is the advantage that Christianity has. It is the number one religion in the world. It has already crossed the finish line and now it is trying to look back and say lets all play fair now. If Christianity wants that then it should have played fair in the first place.

dude, were u molested in church as a child? because i just can't understand where does all ur hate come from?

Like I said before I feel as much anger saying those words as I do saying the easter bunny isn't real. You should look at yourself and see why you need to accredit anger to my words. Maybe you would rather not discuss the actual issues I talk about.

there are a lot other non-believers worth my attention, u r not one of them. u just show hate and no reason. adding u, i have found two non-believers not worth of my time in this forum.

Don't feel bad. Your not the first Christian here that is to scared to discuss actual facts with me.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:24 AM
God talks about walking carfuly also in Deuteronomy

23:13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:
23:14 For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp,

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:16 AM

christianity and christians are judge for what other christians have done in the past. For instance, the inquisition is one of the biggest mistakes of the Catholic Church (for which Pope John Paul II already apologyzed). For thousands of years chrstians has blamed jewish people for the death of my Lord. The crusades was another of those wrong deeds based upon christianity.
Now in these days we have something called affirmative actions which are actions to give minorities (african americans most of all) certain benefits over white people as a compensation for the slavery of their ancestors.
It seems like a nonsense, why white people have to pay nowadays for what white people of 200 years ago did?

The same should apply to christianity. why should christians of these days pay for the wrong deeds of christians from centuries ago?
Or better yet why the entire christianity has to be judged by the wrong-doings of some of those who call themselves christians?
as i have said before it's necessary to make an analysis on a case-by-case analysis, so we can have a better idea
Because the only think we know is what the media sells us. Priests, pastors, or preachers doing this or doing that. But what about those who really work hard for the well-being of others? why don't we consider them as well in order to make a more fair judgment of the entire christianity?

Heres an analogy for you

If two people are on a race track. One is set up in normal running cloths. The other one is dressed the same except that he is wearing a 100 pound back pack. The race is 16 times around the track. Half way through the race the man with out the pack is 3 laps ahead. As you can imagine the guy wearing the back pack cannot keep up at all. Everyone see's that it is not a fair race at that point so they decide to do something to make the race even.
They tell the man with the back pack that he doesn't have to were it anymore. So the man is 3 laps behind but he has all the same advantages as the guy that is three laps ahead. Is this now fair because he no longer has the back pack on?
Of course it isn't. There needs to be other things done to make up for the advantage that man in front had. Maybe give him a back-pack for the rest of the race.

This is the advantage that Christianity has. It is the number one religion in the world. It has already crossed the finish line and now it is trying to look back and say lets all play fair now. If Christianity wants that then it should have played fair in the first place.

dude, were u molested in church as a child? because i just can't understand where does all ur hate come from?

Like I said before I feel as much anger saying those words as I do saying the easter bunny isn't real. You should look at yourself and see why you need to accredit anger to my words. Maybe you would rather not discuss the actual issues I talk about.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/29/08 08:13 AM

Why do people judge all Muslims by the actions of a faction? All Catholics by a few pedophile priests? The rest of us by a televangelist hawking "miracle manna" that will heal your cancer or other illness? I think it all boils down to the fact that people love to hate. I can't be around it. Life is short and I won't be robbed of my joy. As far as reparations for the evil of slavery? Sorry, half of my family was in Cuba and the other half was in Germany. If reparations are to be made from my viewpoint it would be to the native Americans for the privilege of living on their land today. The entitlement mentality can really get out of hand if allowed. Common sense will prevail?flowerforyou

This is a reply to your statment that "common sense will prevail"
Have you ever heard the word Monopoly?

How about Child Labor

or No vote for woman

Common sense does not prevail. It is fragile and needs to be nurtured.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/28/08 11:00 PM

Heres an analogy for you

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/28/08 10:03 PM

Shouldn't that be WRATH?
I've never heard of rath before....LOL
There is more to the story than people look at and no one even want's to see What God's purpose's in all of it was.
First of all do you even know what the son's of Job were doing when they were crushed by the house?
PARTYING!!!! The might have been wicked people and they more then likely were disobeying God anyway so it was like 2 birds.
Yes there are things that get passed down from the father BUT it is our choice in the long run and WE have to break that curse our father gave us.
Another thing you guys over looked is that the Pharoh wasn't going to change his mind anyway so God did something that was going to happen reguardless anyway.
God has a plan and you can't always see it and most of the time people are blind to it even so there shouldn't ever be a reason to question God when he has the Best interest for everyone in mind because it all works out in the end. {Unless you become bitter and curse God then that is a different story}

Tell that to the Servants of Pharo that went to bed that night with their one and only baby son in their arms and woke up with a lifeless shell that was once their pride and joy. Imagen that is your child a sinless perfect baby boy. Then say there is no reason to question God. If you can do that then you have no heart.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/28/08 09:49 PM

You're right. God doesn't intervene, unless he's invited.

Bad things are happening because of sin in the world. That was what the fall was all about. You can accept the Lord and stop the corruption within your own life. It won't mean that bad things won't happen to you, but it will mean you have the Lord's help and you have the Lord in your life when bad things happen.

Prayer is important. When you see bad things on the news, pray for those people. Pray for those nations.

We might not be there, but we can pray about things.

I pray that God will touch everyone on JSH. I pray that he will bless everyone experiencing misfortune here and that he will bring those who don't know him to a saving knowledge of his grace and mercy.

May God Bless us All.

I think I heard that on Star Trec. They called it the "non intervention clause"

But I do believe this is true. We are on our own in the infinite body of God but ~~ if you ask for help, and someone hears you, they may very well come to your rescue as the Universe of God works through each individual. It may not be God himself ... as some view God .. but someone .. something .. will begin to work to help you .. if you ask with faith and love.

However if you don't ask at all, no one will hear you. If you just sit around whining and saying woe is me... no one will come.

JB

right on jeaniebean

Must be why Paris Hilton is so Rich. All that positive thinking.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/28/08 05:40 PM

Every vile nasty things that happens to the human population is of satan not God. Why is it that when things go well in people's life they don't thank God....but as soon as anything bad happens they blame God. God is not the reason for our sin......we are, God is not the one that had the abused child grow up to also abuse. It kills me that people that don't trust their lives to the Lord are the same people blaming God for all that is bad with this planet...and their lives, Get a clue....God is not doing it....

You obviously have a deep need to take your idea of God seriously. We that do not believe in him, on the other hand, do not. We do not give him credit for anything good or bad. We just try to point out how incredibly ridicules his story is when you put even the slightest amount of logic to it.
We could ask why Santa Clause is so mean to kids and only gives them coal when we know it is bad for kids. You would not say we were angry in saying that. You would not say we are blaming Santa. You would think that we just lost it.
This is the point of view we have to argue from daily.

Why do u try to point out how ridicule his story is. If you do not believe in him. That is a good thing. Why do you become a judgmental person? Who did give you the right to point out something that you should not even care? If you do not believe in God why do you care for those who believe in HIM
This is the only point I can't understand about non believers. Somebody explain, what is the point of pointing the ridicule of something in which i don't even believe?
For me is just a waste of time. If I don't believe I should not care.

If only my ignoring Christianity would make it go away then I would never say another word about it. However it is a force that pushes itself onto people. It is a bully of a religion that will not just sit quietly in a corner. Christianity has reigned down many blows upon me. I am only defending myself and pointing out the absurd nature of this bully and it's tactics.

Re-read what you wrote and take note of where the other three fingers are pointing.What I see coming from you is hate and if that is what you are preaching I am sure that you will find many to fill your pews but I want to get along with my fellow man and that desire is not contingent upon his/her beliefs. I don't need to be your friend for you to be mine. I hope you have a good day. Off to work!happy

Again you only see it as hate because you hold your myth of God so close to your heart. I do not believe in this myth at all. It isn't true. I get as worked up saying that as I do telling you that the easter bunny isn't true.
The problem comes in, however when the Christians try and force their beliefs on others. Things like making schools teach voodoo science like the myth of creationism. So the people out here like me that would rather do anything else except talk about the Bully Christianity, have to talk about it. There are people getting elected to school Boards right now that do it because they think they are doing Jesus's work. That means people cannot just ignore them and let them have free reign.
I have a much more happy and peaceful life now that I am out from under the sin of the fruit eater. I have no problem with anyone that wants to quietly practice their religion in a personal way with their God.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/27/08 09:15 PM

nor work nor deeds shall get you in the Kingdom of heaven. If you confess with you mouth that Jesus is alive and sits on the right hand of God and believe in you heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved Romans 10:9

Confessing with your mouth sounds like a deed.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/27/08 08:40 PM

Every vile nasty things that happens to the human population is of satan not God. Why is it that when things go well in people's life they don't thank God....but as soon as anything bad happens they blame God. God is not the reason for our sin......we are, God is not the one that had the abused child grow up to also abuse. It kills me that people that don't trust their lives to the Lord are the same people blaming God for all that is bad with this planet...and their lives, Get a clue....God is not doing it....

You obviously have a deep need to take your idea of God seriously. We that do not believe in him, on the other hand, do not. We do not give him credit for anything good or bad. We just try to point out how incredibly ridicules his story is when you put even the slightest amount of logic to it.
We could ask why Santa Clause is so mean to kids and only gives them coal when we know it is bad for kids. You would not say we were angry in saying that. You would not say we are blaming Santa. You would think that we just lost it.

Why do u try to point out how ridicule his story is. If you do not believe in him. That is a good thing. Why do you become a judgmental person? Who did give you the right to point out something that you should not even care? If you do not believe in God why do you care for those who believe in HIM
This is the only point I can't understand about non believers. Somebody explain, what is the point of pointing the ridicule of something in which i don't even believe?
For me is just a waste of time. If I don't believe I should not care.

If only my ignoring Christianity would make it go away then I would never say another word about it. However it is a force that pushes itself onto people. It is a bully of a religion that will not just sit quietly in a corner. Christianity has reigned down many blows upon me. I am only defending myself and pointing out the absurd nature of this bully and it's tactics.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/26/08 05:43 PM

well.......I did chew on it.........you may , or may not like what I came up with. Each and every person has choices they make every day. (I can admit I am not perfect) But, the choices that I do make.........I am happy with. If, I can help someone in their life, to better them...I will help. I have found that good Bible study helps me. How about you?

Yes I found that studying the Bible very closely can help you get out from under that ridiculous fairy tale.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 03/26/08 04:09 PM