Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 03/16/08 06:22 PM

Is there a GOD!I'm sure you that you'll find in these next few years, just that! We do have a God.He doesn't like tempation. Sounds to me, just like thats what your doing.tempting God.knowing him the way I do. I think, hes had about all that he wants,looking down at this place.I do so hope your are ready.NO one in this United States Of America,is that Stupid.Is there A God! Except the goverment. An no, he didn't have a maker. Hes always been. That the First, the Last .the Omega.

Exactly you know about Zeus tooflowerforyou flowerforyou

Praise Zeus

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 03/16/08 06:17 PM

The original origin of the name Easter does not change the purpose that Christians today celebrate it. You can quote all the scripture you want and interpret it anyway you want, this wont change a thing. We are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus and his opening of the gates of heaven and if you say it is wrong or evil I could care less since I dont agree with you. Also a large portion of the christian community doesnt believe as you do either.

You wouldn't call Jesus, Satan so the origin of a name and what name you use is obviously important. You look to the Bible and make that decision. Why is it so easy to call this easter when you know the true meaning behind the name?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 08:54 PM

If the bible didn't state his name or the name satan then it would be different. Yet it does.

So what do you think Miles is trying to point out? Do you think after reading what miles says that the Bible does not state what day the Sabbath is?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 08:52 PM

I think the ultimate question is Heinz 57 or A1 steak sauce?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 08:49 PM

I think he did not rise physically. I think he rose up into heaven like a spirit. Like many people believe they will. Thats why the angle is saying why are you looking here for him when he is obviously dead and his soul is in heaven. Later people thought that Jesus story needed to be bigger then it really was(like dying on a cross is not enough) so they made up the part about the actual body being on earth. Which as you have pointed out serves no purpose what so ever.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 07:29 PM

We don't worship bunnies or eggs at Easter. We just each chocolate versions of them. I mean if I have worshiped everything that I have eaten a chocolate version of.. well ... I would have worshiped too many false idols to count.

If it doesn't matter about when he was born, or died, or what day to worship him then do you think it would also be ok to change his name to Satan and follow all the biblical writings but just replace the word Jesus with Satan every where. You would still be following his teaching's and you would only be changing something so silly as a name.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 07:01 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/15/08 07:03 AM
The thing is if you do not think the Bible is the word of God that is to be taken literally on things like God making the Earth in 6 days or All the animals popping onto the earth completely formed. Then it makes sense to practice the holidays when your Church does. However if you are someone that thinks the Bible is the word for word, word of God I think you should be looking at what name God wants to be called and what day he wants to be worshiped and when his actual birth was.
I would think it would be more important to figure out those key pieces of the book then it would be to figure out if Noah had dinosaurs around him or not. Noah is just a man. No matter what he saw he is not God. If you really believe in the Book how could you possibly waste all your time on the other things when these basic things are unknown. How can you say all those things that are out in the secular world are more important to study then the actual basic pieces of your own religion.

Psalm 135
they have eyes, but do not see;
17they have ears, but do not hear,
nor is there any breath in their mouths.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/15/08 05:37 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/15/08 05:38 AM

Sorry butters but your "science" is off. Your God had to have a maker. Since buildings don't just come into existence either did your god. Your god was made by my God Zeus. What is important to realize is that since Zeus is the one true God you better make sure you worship him. Your God was his first creation and he wasn't so good at making things then. Zeus is a God that can admit his mistakes though and he says sorry and he gave all woman a second breast to make up for it.
Anyway I digress, you won't get a second chance at this so you might as well just cover yourself and worship Zeus.

Zeus Out

ok...who made Zeus??? again...you make no logical sense

I believe it was Cronus & Rhea.....bigsmile

And before you ask, it was Gaea & Ouranos, and they are eternal and have always existed.
:tongue:

I'm a big study of greek mythology. my point is he was asking who made God but the arguement goes for his beliefs too. flowerforyou

sorry...we have this going on on between the 2 of us. he ignores my posts and I keep posting laugh

I'm not ignoring you. I keep putting out what I think are clear answers but I go about my answerers in a round about way. In this case I was using a joke (making up a funny story about previous gods that kinda follows modern bible myth) to make the point that if you say everything needs a maker and thats why God exists well then something then had to made your God.

In the other thread I was being all serious in this one I just ran through to make a quick joke.

Peace to you

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/14/08 11:17 AM

Everyone say's that this ruling put an end to prayer in schools.

Who is everyone? The ruling says nothing of the sort. In this thread, you are the only person saying that this is what the ruling said.

You continually pick out the one small sentence in my whole paragraph that does not represent my point. It is this type of deceptive word manipulation that the right is famous for. Be brave enough to represent my true point, and post my whole statement.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/14/08 08:12 AM

The only people that think that all prayer is threatened in school is Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson. Even they do not really believe it they just know it works people up and makes them money.

Yes just those two and all of the other Americans that think the way they do. Millions of them last count. But you over ride the rest of them because you have the high moral ground here.

80%+ of Americans, I cant recall the exact number now, when polled claim they attend church at least once a year. Again, I am not one of them. But I think it speaks volumes as to what most Americans believe.

Show me proof of this statement that Millions of Americans think that kids cannot pray silently in there heads at school.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/14/08 07:39 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Fri 03/14/08 07:49 AM

Well just to help you out before I go to bed. If the supreme court says that prayers cannot be said in schools.

Try re-reading that. That is not what the Supreme Court said.

They said and I quote "the Court determined it unconstitutional by a vote of 6-1 for state officials to compose an official school prayer and require its recitation in public schools, even when it is non-denominational..... "

Translation: It is illegal for the school officials to require the recitation of a prayer in public schools. The school receives tax money from the Federal Government. If they are forcing kids to pray that would be an instance of a Government institution establishing religion. It is not illegal for kids to pray in school on their own.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit apparently.

I have said this a dozen times in here.

Everyone say's that this ruling put an end to prayer in schools. Of course no one thinks we are talking about someone praying quietly inside there own head. The ONLY thing I have been talking about is the Govt. forcing people to recognize a god. Such as saying the "under god" in the pledge. Or saying a prayer at the start of school that led by the teachers. These things are illegal. Just as that separation of church and state is important to me. So is the separation that protects a kid with a Bible from being stopped from reading the bible at his lunch hour. Or some kid sitting on the playground discussing Allah with his friends from being stopped from discussing him. The law is just as important in both directions. There has never been a time on here when I have ever said that anyone should not be able to pray by themselves.

The only people that think that all prayer is threatened in school is Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson. Even they do not really believe it they just know it works people up and makes them money.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:12 PM

Well some people are trying to say only the framers can talk about religion. that is no true. We make the laws of this country

Seriously... are you on crack or something? Nobody said anything even remotely close to that.

You keep going on and on over the same thing about Jeffersons letter. It does not make any diffrence what Jeffreson intended. It is law now. In 1942 it became law and now it is part of who we are as a country. So no matter how much you would like Jefferson to be the last person to speak on that. He isn't Today the laws change for the better.

Yeah. News flash rabbit. The Supreme Court doesn't make law. That would be Congress. All they can do is strike down bad laws. Try learning how government actually works before inserting foot in mouth.

Well just to help you out before I go to bed. If the supreme court says that prayers cannot be said in schools. That becomes the LAW of the land. Second my statement above say's "WE" make the laws. In that I was referring to the democracy.
Don't sweat it. It's late.

Good Night

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:07 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 03/13/08 10:07 PM

ok rabbit....do you actually respond to people or just pick and chose whatever serves your purpose at the moment?

Go back and look I responded to you

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:05 PM

Well some people are trying to say only the framers can talk about religion. that is no true. We make the laws of this country

Seriously... are you on crack or something? Nobody said anything even remotely close to that.

You keep going on and on over the same thing about Jeffersons letter. It does not make any diffrence what Jeffreson intended. It is law now. In 1942 it became law and now it is part of who we are as a country. So no matter how much you would like Jefferson to be the last person to speak on that. He isn't Today the laws change for the better.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 10:03 PM

what thread are you reading....NO ONE said that

Wiley keeps going on and on about the framers and how THomas Jefferson never meant that. It dosn't matter because it is part of our laws now.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:53 PM

then I would ask for those who are not as blessed as i am.

Well I can look at you and see you have two eyes, a nose, a mouth, skin, have been on a sail boat. I just don't see it.

I know next you will say "I was not referring to me"

I will just have to say in general the earth is pretty well set up and I just can't imagine asking God to do more. I think he has done enough. Maybe it was ok for Adam to look at all of paradise and ask for a mate. We still have plenty of Eve's all over the place so I think we should consider ourselves very lucky.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:47 PM

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:44 PM

Supreme Court since 1947

The phrase "separation of church and state" became a definitive part of Establishment Clause jurisprudence in Everson v. Board of Education, 330 U.S. 1 (1947), a case which dealt with a state law that allowed the use of government funds for transportation to religious schools. While the ruling upheld the state law allowing taxpayer funding of transportation to religious schools as constitutional, Everson was also the first case to hold the Establishment Clause applicable to the state legislatures as well as Congress, based upon the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

In 1962, the Supreme Court extended this analysis to the issue of prayer and religious readings in public schools. In Engel v. Vitale 370 U.S. 421 (1962), the Court determined it unconstitutional by a vote of 6-1 for state officials to compose an official school prayer and require its recitation in public schools, even when it is non-denominational.....

THose of you confused by this the top paragraph shows how separation of church and state "definitive part of Establishment Clause jurisprudence" in 1947 So from 1947 on the phrase was part of our legal system.

The second paragraph shows how in 1962 the Supreme Court used that idea to say that prayer in school is not allowed even if it is non-denominational. so you can't just say any old God. that is a no no.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:32 PM

So do you always go around destroying your own arguments or is this a first time occurrence for you?

You better read a little closer.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 03/13/08 09:26 PM

I would think you would be much better off just being thankful for what God has already given you. We live in the richest most powerful country in the world at a time when you can put a whole orchestra in your pocket. Carry around a prefect representation of anyone you love, and be in contact almost instantly with anyone you want.

What more are you asking for?

All those are material things that can be blown away in a matter of seconds

I thought someone might say that. I have my first line though that says be thankful for what you have. That covers everything from feet to toes to trees to hair to whatever...
To me I just can't imagine asking for more when I live in a abundance.