Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:20 AM

Those who obey God's commandments shall not want any good thing. The order is important. Those who please God are blessed with riches. Riches attained through any other way have wings - they get up and fly away.

You have given me one quote , I have given about 8. Show me equal number of quotes where it says it is holy to be rich. Especially from Jesus because I am talking about Christianity.

When you're 8 quotes aren't justifiable then they hold no validity. You're completely misconstruing the intent and meaning behind them. That's easy for you to do when you don't care about them.

I cared about them so much I lost my religion over them. I followed the commandment that says you shall not lie. And I looked at these and it was clear. I could not lie to myself about these. Can you?

I see the problem. You have no objective thinking. You can't deviate from your normal, flawed, pattern of thought processing. You have an opinion and you will never change it unless by your own will. Therefore, it is pointless to argue with you. You see, instead of figuring out if you're wrong you just gave up your entire religion. You assumed you were right all along.

On the contrary I changed. I read and did not let men change the meaning of the Bible. You have allowed people to take twist that for you. You have no objective thinking. You are just taking what is taught to you. When the actual WORDS of Jesus are clear. And apear over and over again.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:17 AM

Those who obey God's commandments shall not want any good thing. The order is important. Those who please God are blessed with riches. Riches attained through any other way have wings - they get up and fly away.

You have given me one quote , I have given about 8. Show me equal number of quotes where it says it is holy to be rich. Especially from Jesus because I am talking about Christianity.
I suggest you sit down and read your bible. There you will find all you want.

I have given you scripture and verse. I suggest you read yours.
I have and I do. I look towards the bible for answers not man !

Well then you would know this and it would not bother you at all.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:16 AM

are you fluent in aramaic and ancient greek????

If you do not think the Bible says what it does then why follow it?

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:15 AM

laugh You will never get a rich person to admit to thislaugh

This comment makes me more sad then you know

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:14 AM

First of all everything belongs to God - everything. Thus it is not a sin to be rich.

With that logic it is not a sin to have many wives, many slaves, etc....

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:13 AM

I suggest you sit down and read your bible. There you will find all you want.

I have given you scripture and verse. I suggest you read yours.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:12 AM

When you're 8 quotes aren't justifiable then they hold no validity. You're completely misconstruing the intent and meaning behind them. That's easy for you to do when you don't care about them.

I cared about them so much I lost my religion over them. I followed the commandment that says you shall not lie. And I looked at these and it was clear. I could not lie to myself about these. Can you?

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:10 AM

collecting taxes on the temple steps......

they eye of a needle referred to a gate in the wall of....forget the city...jeruselum???...but the camel...would have to get on it's knees and "crawl in" so it was possible...just difficult

You would rather try and twist the words of God then to face the real truth. Ok how about throwing out the Money Changers. Did that really mean some kind of secret code for an easy way out?

They were not tax collectors they were money changers. Bankers basically. The corner stone of capitalism.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:08 AM

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:07 AM

they eye of a needle referred to a gate in the wall of....forget the city...jeruselum???...but the camel...would have to get on it's knees and "crawl in" so it was possible...just difficult

You would rather try and twist the words of God then to face the real truth. Ok how about throwing out the Money Changers. Did that really mean some kind of secret code for an easy way out?

I already answered this, I do not follow the Bible for this very reason. Everyone talking on here is very Rich.
Why haven't you given all of your possesions away? You still must own a person computer as well as many other things. There are homeless that need that shirt you're wearing more then you do.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:05 AM

You're taking it the wrong way.

It isn't a sin to be rich. He says it's harder for a rich man to get to Heaven. That simply means that a lot what rich people do isn't glorifying to the will of God. Typically, if you're rich then you aren't giving to the poor; you aren't helping others. There isn't a verse in the Bible that says if you're rich then you wont go to Heaven. It's what you do with your money that isn't in alignment with the God's will for us that may send you to Hell.

Show me how you put a Camel through the eye of a needle one time. Then I will believe one rich person can make it in.

With God nothing is impossible.

Like his creations endlessly twisting his words to get out from under the burden.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:04 AM

Show me how you put a Camel through the eye of a needle one time. Then I will believe one rich person can make it in.

You are too busy looking at the "letter of the law" instead of ther "intent of the law".

The MEANING behind that again is what is in the person's heart. The attitude, as the other user put it.

Look at King David or King Soloman .. they both had great riches.. did they make it to heaven..I believe so. flowerforyou

Jesus came after them and made it clear no more.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:03 AM

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:01 AM

don't think it's about money...but rather attitude/way of being

So Jesus was saying sell your possessions and give it to the poor. You think he meant if you just "feel like it " it is ok? No need to really give them anything. Your attitude olf wanting to give is enough

If you take it as far as you're saying then you shouldn't be wearing that shirt in your profile picture. God gives to the wealthy. If we, literally, gave everything then we'd be poor--also, a burden on others.

I do not follow the Bible for this very reason

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 10:00 AM

Hey someone with a brain!!! drinker drinker drinker laugh laugh flowerforyou

Its ALL about the attitude and way of being! drinker

Money itself is NEITHER good or evil.

As the Bible states, its the LOVE of money (GREED) is the root of all evil.

The Gates foundation (Bill gates & wife) and Warren Buffet are doing good things with thier billions and helping people and causes around the world. So no evil there..just money doing some good things. flowerforyou

Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

This does not say that. No ifs, ands, or buts, here

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 09:58 AM

Nay - Abraham was rich - It is rich to know God

Obviously you do not understand that I am referring to monatary wealth.

Still not a sin to be rich. The rich have many vices. The rich do not seek God being one of them.

How about the whole Eye of a needle thing. That is pretty clear.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 09:57 AM

the quote reads..."if you want to be perfect"...but as my mom always says.... there was only one perfect person, and he was crucified

Well there you go. No reason to try. Do what ever you want. Sleep around, have many wives, go crazy. Sounds like you got one fun religion figured out

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 09:56 AM

You're taking it the wrong way.

It isn't a sin to be rich. He says it's harder for a rich man to get to Heaven. That simply means that a lot what rich people do isn't glorifying to the will of God. Typically, if you're rich then you aren't giving to the poor; you aren't helping others. There isn't a verse in the Bible that says if you're rich then you wont go to Heaven. It's what you do with your money that isn't in alignment with the God's will for us that may send you to Hell.

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 09:54 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Wed 05/07/08 09:54 AM

So Jesus was saying sell your possessions and give it to the poor. You think he meant if you just "feel like it " it is ok? No need to really give them anything. Your attitude olf wanting to give is enough

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 05/07/08 09:52 AM

then i must be a liberalbigsmile

I have no idea, I just know that conservatives are not happy with the President. He's weak domestically, financially, border control doesn't seem to interest him at all and he is weak on terrorists. The one thing he has gotten right is Saddam. Turns out Saddam didn't have WMDs and no, the US cannot police the world, but at the time, all evidence pointed to Saddam having WMDs and the US couldn't take the chance of a nuke ending up in a terrorist's hands. The facts speak for themselves, even when the media and 90% of the population wants to revision history.

This doesn't mean he is not a conservative. It means that conservative ways of doing things lead to disaster. Learn a lesson.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25