Community > Posts By > mattsk1

mattsk1's photo
Fri 07/16/10 01:03 PM
I plan on singing some songs I had not sung yet at Karaoke such as "I was wrong" by Social Distortion, "Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground, and possibly some Doors songs that I have already sung before. About the car, I don't plan on going all out and getting a 40K car because I will also be getting a condo within the next couple months. Cars that I have been looking at are the Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Scion tC, and the Mazda3 which are in my price range and still look fun to drive.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 05:20 PM
I am single because I have Genophobia.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 05:16 PM

But Was Afraid To Ask.:smile:

http://phobialist.com/

Thanks for the link. I guess I have Genophobia, which has kept me from getting into any serious relationship. It was neat to read all the different phobias and to realize I was not scared of as many things as I thought of. I did place the context of a phobia as being an extreme degree of fear.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 04:48 PM
Asking what they do for a living can also strike a conversation.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 04:34 PM

Of the cars on your list there I would think the Lancer would be closer to what you seem to be looking for.

Are you a psychic?

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 03:55 PM
I will be working OT and getting a new Car Saturday. Hopefully I will have enough energy to sing at Karaoke that night.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 03:50 PM
After looking at some other cars, the Imprenza is getting lamer every time I think about it. I was surprised to find that the Scion tC was starting to look good. Others on my list of interest where: Mazda3, Nissan Altima, Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, and the Hyandai Sanata (w/V6). I will be going to get a car this weekend. It will not be a Suburu!

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 03:14 PM
When you go to Karaoke Bar to sing, sit by your self for four hours and call that having fun.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 03:07 PM
People need People(if they don't admit it they are in denile), so yes.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 03:00 PM
I would give up my video games, the abyss to self distraction/destruction.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 07/15/10 02:05 PM
I confess I am looking foward to getting a new ride this weekened.

mattsk1's photo
Wed 07/14/10 02:14 PM
Speed dating cuts to the chase!

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 01:32 PM

I don't think my "opposite" would share many of my core values with me....to far the other way and I just don't know what we would talk about.

That was my concern about opposites. Core values are a must. I just can't see myself with an artsy, dancing, and exuberant kind of person, which seems to be most of the ladies that actually go out on the weekends because I assume that their core values defer from my own when infact some of them I might share core values.

I would say you are definitely limiting yourself.

I know I am.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/13/10 01:13 PM
Self isolation I found for myself to be the easy way to self destruction and depression. Going out to any social event would be arduous and discouraging. I started to notice that when I went with the attitude that I will have fun tonight, I discovered that I would usually have a fun night. If things did not pan out the way I intended on any given occasion, I would improvise by doing something I had not intended to do or meet someone I would have not met otherwise. Try new things, go to new places, and meet new people. They don't have to like you to make you feel better. The fact of taking the initiative and being proactive does make you feel better. Just have fun with life and things get easier.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 04:57 PM

I don't think my "opposite" would share many of my core values with me....to far the other way and I just don't know what we would talk about.

That was my concern about opposites. Core values are a must. I just can't see myself with an artsy, dancing, and exuberant kind of person, which seems to be most of the ladies that actually go out on the weekends because I assume that their core values defer from my own when infact some of them I might share core values.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 04:34 PM
Americans for the most part are ignorant and believe everything that is put out on the news (which is for the most part biased towards the moderate or liberal perspective. We think the rest of the world is like the USA and if it is not, they are wrong. The solution is to do what Israel does, which all subjects have to serve two years in the Military. It should be something that gets us out of our country to see what people and their different cultures are really like. Sure they are different, but so are we to them. Are we better than those from other countries, NO! We are all human beings who live and who die. We make good choices and we make bad choices. No one is perfect and no one is exactly like another. Take people for who they are and not by hearsay. Make the effort to find out for yourself if the person is the enemy or the system they are under. Ignorance is not bliss! Yes, I have lived overseas 6 years of my life, and I speak from experience and what I have seen with my own eyes. There is no reason to hate another.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 03:48 PM
The concept of being Taken does not compute.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 03:34 PM

coz i dont party, drink, or do drugs, my last 2 relationships have ended coz the guys have decided they wanted to stay drunk all the time, or get high on everything but there shoes.. but they did fool me for a while in thinking they didnt do either..
My standards are purty high to some ppl, but i think its just common sense..

That must be why I have trouble meeting people that I might be intersted in.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 02:56 PM

A boy and his dog!

For TV shows I favor Jeremiah, preferably the first season. The second season was rushed because it got cancelled.

Have you seen the British series Survivors? Excellent series, it's an update of a 70's series(which I haven't seen)

I have not heard of that series. I will have to check it out.

A neat fact about Jerimiah, is that it was done by the same person who did Babylon 5.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 02:42 PM
Other movies I liked include:

THX 1138 70'
Soylent Green 73'
Andromeda Strain 71'

and yes
Logan's Run 76'