Community > Posts By > mattsk1

mattsk1's photo
Thu 04/21/11 04:14 PM
Edited by mattsk1 on Thu 04/21/11 04:19 PM
I saw Battle LA, Paul, and Your Highness sofar! Looking foward to Thor and Cowboys and Aliens next!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/17/11 12:50 PM

Living in the barren wasteland of non-kareokeness, I have discovered an online kareoke that has battles based on in-tune scores. I have to say the selection may be limited, but it is tons of fun.

Which online Karaoke are you utlizing? I had used Myspace Karaoke before just for practise, untill I discovered you can find songs with lyrics and even Karaoke versions of a song on Youtube. Then I discovered the joy of Kamakazi, so I don't practice anymore.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/10/11 01:23 PM
I confess, I wish I got the attention from the Ladies, like I do from gay men. I don't have a clue why. It could just be the bars I go too or the city I live in. Nothing against gay people, but not sure why the oppisite sex never gives me the light of day. Or do they?

Perhaps, women are more subtle in letting men know that they like them and they have come on to me on several occasions with out me noticing. After that one chance, they might try again, then find something else, and I am left clueless to the entire matter.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/10/11 01:11 PM
I found myself sitting behind a Lady I like at Church today and was sweating like a son of a gun. I was so embarrassed, so I moved. I didn’t feel like saying "Sweaty Armpits likes you."

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/10/11 01:06 PM

You are correct sir! However, other than water cardio & yoga...I hate working out indoors. Treadmills, ellipticals, weights, sit ups, etc all bore me to death! I like to get out & move :) Took the dogs for a nice hike across the pasture, through the woods, down to the river, walked the sandbar, & hiked back on a different trail yesterday.

I have realized lately that walking a brisk pace when I hoof it across campus gets some extra cardio (20 mins/day). The new yoga class I am doing now also incorporates cardio. I walked for about 3 hrs today at Chilifest so I don't feel so bad for the beers & corn dog I had...LOL:) My heart rate stayed @ about 65% the entire time (really like the HR monitor).

msfox...I enjoyed reading your pm and hope I am still that active when I grow up :) Water cardio is really easy on the joints and you can work all your muscles (even the ones you never knew you had-LOL)

Holly...what did you do for exercise? Do you plan to get back into it when the weather gets better?

Oh yeah...the energy therapy helps to raise metabolism and is useful for treatment of cancer, metabolic disorders such as IR and diabetes, and other disorders involving chronic pain, etc!

I was just venting. People give so many excuses not to be active. It is just to easy once you find something you enjoy and see results. Finding it and gathering up the initiative to find that fun activity can be a challenge. Just like any thing new, don't knock it till you try it.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/10/11 01:01 PM

Yeah i love karaoke. Especially seeing people who can't sing and fall everywhere while drunk. Sorry, it just gives me the giggles. There for the craic.

I wish I could sing Karaoke in England. I can drink my Guiness with out paying as much as I do in a US Tavern!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/09/11 05:04 PM
There is so much that can be done in the house without equipment that is simple and works, such as Squats, lunges, and pushups, walking up stairs, walking outside, and numerous body weight only exercises. Pull Up bars are pretty cheap highly effective. YOU DO NOT NEED A GYM MEMBERSHIP AND THOUSAND $ EQUIPMENT TO WORK ON!

All else fails, find something you used to enjoy doing that got you moving or try different things out that get you moving. Soreness is your body telling you, I have not been used like this before but I will adapt if you continue. One other thing, you don't have to spend countless hours a day working out. Even 5min a day of effort, if you’re consistent will give you results. Ok, that’s enough of my silliness.

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/09/11 02:32 PM

Women want a man who can bake nude and juggle fire while singing "I'm a little tea pot, short and stout....".

OMG what a turn on

here is my handle

here is my spout

I'm practically in ecstasyflowerforyou

A lady requested that I sing "I'm too Sexy" at the Karaoke bar. Ever since, I have been invited by ladies to more parties then I can count. Not sure if settling with a "Fun" girl is ideal. But, what the hell am I waiting for?

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/09/11 02:26 PM
Edited by mattsk1 on Sat 04/09/11 02:28 PM

Last weekend, I tried something new. With out looking at the Karaoke book, I opened it up and pointed. Which ever song I pointed at, I would sing that night no matter if I knew it or not. I did not know this song, but it worked for me! It was "Aces High" by Iron Maiden. Good times!

That's awesome I gotta try that. It's a little frustrating over here though. I had to move out to the country and there are no kareoke places nearby.

Sidenote: My niece is a soloist in her school Choir and its been really nice helping her practice.

Sorry to hear your move moved you away from Karaoke. In Atlanta I have all sorts of choices. Last week I could not go, and the weekend before I when one time out. Since siging "Aces High" a month or so ago, I have sung for true Kamazie: Swing Out Sister "Never Going Too Change", Mr. President "Cooo Jambo", Kool and the Gang "Too Hot" and The Donna's "Fall Behind Me". Its been fun. New ones in store for this weekend! I'll keep you guy's posted.

mattsk1's photo
Sat 03/19/11 07:16 AM
Edited by mattsk1 on Sat 03/19/11 07:16 AM
Last weekend, I tried something new. With out looking at the Karaoke book, I opened it up and pointed. Which ever song I pointed at, I would sing that night no matter if I knew it or not. I did not know this song, but it worked for me! It was "Aces High" by Iron Maiden. Good times!

mattsk1's photo
Mon 02/28/11 01:33 PM

KAREOKE FOR ME TONIGHT BABY!!!!

Yay! I went out too. Had fun taking advatage of an off night, to sing to my hearts comtempt. I really stepped out of my comfort zone by attempting "Party Up" by DMX. That song was onther request from my Army buddies in Iraq right now. I suriously screwed it up, but people cheered and helped me when I sang it. Plus more people singned up for songs after I made a complete fool of myself.

Lol I completely understand. I tried to sing the duet "Time of My Life", by myself! Let's just say I sounded like Cybil on Crack.

Aww. I would have helped you out with the duet if I were there.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 02/27/11 02:47 PM
I learned something this weekend. Men can increase there confidence by improving posture and increasing the visual profile by spreading out the legs and arms to make the body appear larger. It worked. I gave out my # as requested by a lady. Plus the night out was far more enjoyable!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 02/27/11 02:39 PM

KAREOKE FOR ME TONIGHT BABY!!!!

Yay! I went out too. Had fun taking advatage of an off night, to sing to my hearts comtempt. I really stepped out of my comfort zone by attempting "Party Up" by DMX. That song was onther request from my Army buddies in Iraq right now. I suriously screwed it up, but people cheered and helped me when I sang it. Plus more people singned up for songs after I made a complete fool of myself.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:52 PM
Edited by mattsk1 on Thu 02/24/11 02:54 PM

Thats what I'm talking about!

This is another one of there songs I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev88lvysyCc

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:48 PM

What do you do for exercise, how often, how intense?

Do you do it for stress relief or to stay in shape (or both)?

What type of work-out do you like and how intense???

Love it/Hate it?

any other comments....

Hell Yea! I workout 3 times a week. I favor intesitity over duration. I do 30 min per session and all out. I like superseting a Lowerbody movement(Squat or Deadlift) with a upper back(pull up or Row) and chest(push ups) or shoulder(military press). I love it!

I do it for stress relief and to stay in shape.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:41 PM

I bought a black T-shirt with the face of Scorpius, from the show Farscape. I believe the theme of the shirt is to keep smiling... the sinister kind of course!

Miss that show, ended way to soon. I still blame George Lucas.

I was told by two people already that I would make a good Scorpius for Dragoncon. Looks like an expensive costume! I'll stick to being David Tenant Dr Who and my version of Luke Skywalker traing to be a Jedie at Degaba.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:39 PM
They want a man who likes Science Fiction and who sings Karaoke. Perhaps that is why I am still clueless about women folk.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:34 PM
I bought a black T-shirt with the face of Scorpius, from the show Farscape. I believe the theme of the shirt is to keep smiling... the sinister kind of course!

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 02:31 PM
I do my own oil changes on my Mazda 3 now. I've done two so far, and many more in the future. I aslo purchased a Fujita Cold Air Intake (Part#: FUJMA-2504) for $194. Got it for the possible 1-2 mpg and slight gain in HP/TQ. Anything other modification would be a waste of money in the short run and the long run. The CAI, might even be a wast of money, but I wanted to do this.

I do keep hearing at work about bikes being the cheapest way to go fast and I believe it! It sure seems like a death trap. I do plan on going to a Motorcycle saftey course, to try something new, like riding a bike. If I don't like it, then I'll save 4-6k buy not having bought a bike that would be collecting dust.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 02/24/11 11:40 AM

I love, love love karaoke!!!!
:wink: DITTO for me as well...

My first song was Crying,,Roy Orbison:cry: :banana:

My First song was "Peaches" by the Presidents of the USA.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17