Community > Posts By > mattsk1

mattsk1's photo
Tue 06/29/10 11:39 AM
I tried speed dating this past weekend for the first time and feel a lot better about whom I decided to remain in contact with. It feels like a it might actually work out instead of the it was not what I expected but I will go with it anyways kind of feeling with online dating.

mattsk1's photo
Sat 06/26/10 09:31 AM
FYI, This is a fair amount of reading.

About the speed dating, I was not a huge fan of driving in downtown Atlanta to go to the venue. Surprisingly I arrive early enough to find parking across the street which helped. In addition arriving early provided me an opportunity to talk to a lady who was also participating in the speed dating event. I got to ask her the questions I intended to ask in my actual dates and got to answer some of her questions. It broke the ice for me which helped make the rest of the event fun and enjoyable for myself. Granted the five minute dates were way too short. Could not get a good grasp of the person unless certain questions were asked and certain answers were given within the 5 minutes. The ladies sat at a fixed place while every five minutes the men would rotate to the next spot. Last night there were 14 tables so in a mere 70 minutes everyone went that participated received the opportunity to meet 14 other people.

Afterword many got drinks at the bar and others opted to go to get a bite to eat elsewhere. I went with the latter and had fun spending time with some of those that I had met. Got to eat Gumbo and hear Weezer Cover songs live. The traffic on the road going out was really busy when I left because of the people, the clubs, and the bars.

To find the results of the speed dating each member had enter online yes or no for each person. If two people replied yes to each other a match was formed and the website provided the e-mail address of that person. I had fun with the speed dating and found it to be a positive experience. If I had gone being nervous and unprepared it would have been an opposite of a smile of a day afterwards. Wow I went overboard with the description. Hope you do not mind the reading!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 06/26/10 09:29 AM

If you can get from one end to the other eight times without using anything but your arms - you win. Awesome exercise that can be done anywhere there's a school.

That does look fun!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 06/26/10 06:38 AM
I went to do Speed Dating and had a blast! It was not stressfull and got to meet new people. I went out with some of the people I met for a bite to eat and drink at a nearby bar. I can thank Karaoke for my outtake on speed dating!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 06/26/10 06:34 AM
I had no clue bodyweight exercise was used extensively. The gyms that I went too, I almost never saw anyone hop on a pull up bar. I did see some knock out some pushups to finish a chest routine. Perhaps they do their homework (as in they do bodyweight exercises at home).

mattsk1's photo
Fri 06/25/10 02:05 PM
For those who are reading this Thread, I wanted to give the notice that tonight I will be venturing the unknown horror of speed dating tonight for the first time. I will write tomorow how it went. Good luck to myself!

mattsk1's photo
Fri 06/25/10 01:55 PM
Edited by mattsk1 on Fri 06/25/10 01:55 PM

mattsk1's photo
Fri 06/25/10 01:53 PM
So why do many people shun and/or fear bodyweight exersise when there are so many benifits that come with it?

mattsk1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 04:26 PM
To clarify, Bodyweight exercises include Pull ups, pushups, dips, squats, lunges, sit ups, leg lifts, glute bridge, superman, etc..... goes on forever with the variations.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 04:16 PM
I have lifted and I had utilized body weight exercise. Usually when I do one I have not done the other. One got me bigger and feeling broken. The other got me results that with significantly less pain and effort. What are your thoughts, pro or con on the idea of Body weight exercise?

mattsk1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 04:03 PM

I kinda look at it as cruel and unusual punishment.......smokin

What is more punishing? Karaoke or Speed Dating

mattsk1's photo
Thu 06/24/10 03:59 PM

Roaming, I hear what you are saying. Unfortunately friends and family just want you to be you again and they think finding someone else will get you there. I still have some me work to do I think.bigsmile

Let the horse find its own water to drink! The more they try to help, well it doesn't help. Find your own Water!

mattsk1's photo
Wed 06/23/10 05:07 PM
I confess I sing Karaoke sober and enjoy it!

mattsk1's photo
Wed 06/23/10 04:48 PM

First, thank you for the responses so far.

Second, I should have stated that I wanted you all to lie to me so that I could go out, hook up and feel connected just for a minute.

And third, if you had lied it would have made me smile, but I would have continued my self-imposed isolation anyway.

Analyzing oneself, really getting to know and accepting who you are is a difficult and lonely process. Every now and then I just want to feel better, alive, connected.

You all help me do that while not hurting anyone else in the process. Thanks for not lying to me.:wink:

Self imposed isolation never did me any good. Get out and do something you find fun! Re connect with old frineds. Make new friends. You will feel better (aka at peace with yourself). Crap, that has not helped me get into a relationship but at least I feel better about myself!

Thanks Matt and welcome to the forums.flowerforyou Part of my problem is I don't know what I find fun. I have made some great new friends, love my old ones, tried taking a jewlry making class(it was a disaster) and started running. Still looking for my peace.ohwell

Your Welcome. I discovered Karaoke. It is awkward at first, but becomes fun just with anything new. So perhaps there is more life in your jewelry making class! I was a runner before. FYI, it is very introvert unless you can find people to run with. But being outdoors doing something like running can be fun! Thats awsome too that your have friends old in new in your life!

mattsk1's photo
Wed 06/23/10 04:39 PM
I dated a lady for a couple months. The day before Valentine’s Day she sent me a John Dear E-mail entailing my lack of being there for her and she had been seeing a guy on the side that was spending more time with her. I had already made reservations for Ruths Chris for Valentine’s. Needless to say I was distraught for a minute. She did leave a lot of clues of her disinterest in me in the last couple dates. It would have been better for her to have told me sooner. I was driving an hour one way for every date for her plus I was working full time and going to school full time. I did what I could but it was not enough.

mattsk1's photo
Wed 06/23/10 04:28 PM

First, thank you for the responses so far.

Second, I should have stated that I wanted you all to lie to me so that I could go out, hook up and feel connected just for a minute.

And third, if you had lied it would have made me smile, but I would have continued my self-imposed isolation anyway.

Analyzing oneself, really getting to know and accepting who you are is a difficult and lonely process. Every now and then I just want to feel better, alive, connected.

You all help me do that while not hurting anyone else in the process. Thanks for not lying to me.:wink:

Self imposed isolation never did me any good. Get out and do something you find fun! Re connect with old frineds. Make new friends. You will feel better (aka at peace with yourself). Crap, that has not helped me get into a relationship but at least I feel better about myself!

mattsk1's photo
Tue 06/22/10 04:49 AM
Edited by mattsk1 on Tue 06/22/10 04:52 AM

I did have a question to ask you(LouLou2). Would eating 4-6 small portioned complete meals with a glass of water every 2-4hrs during the a day help out with vitiamin and mineral absorbtion issues?

Oh, geez...I'm not really sure on this. My less-than-educated guess would be yes, but just a guess. I do know that some nutrients are better absorbed when taken along with certain other nutrients (some are actually absorbed better when taken along with fats). Other foods can actually discourage absorption (milk products inhibit iron absorption). It might be hard, but check on line for a good site for guidance. Tough to find, though...so many of them are in the business of selling supplements/vitamins.

Medications are probably the biggest culprit when it comes to absorbing nutrients along with Alcohol, Tobacco, eating large amounts of any one item of food, or not eating enough. Balance and an educated decision help too. I learned the most about nutrition with "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vitamins and Minerals Second Edition". It has become my nutrition bible and I have learned so much from it. The book talked more about the food than supplements which I liked.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 06/21/10 04:01 AM
Edited by mattsk1 on Mon 06/21/10 04:05 AM

B12 deficiency? Not as uncommon in adults as one might think. It can cause pernicious anemia and can cause disturbed sleep as well as exhaustion. Vitamin D deficiency can be a culprit, also. The doctor can check these with blood-work. Ask the doctor to check your blood for thyroid and glucose levels, too.

As noted above, depression is a possibility as well, but ruling out a physical cause is the best place to start. You wouldn't want to be treating depression while a potentially life-damaging/threatening physical illness is left untreated.

Best of luck to you. Hope you feel better soon.

I did have a question to ask you(LouLou2). Would eating 4-6 small portioned complete meals with a glass of water every 2-4hrs during the a day help out with vitiamin and mineral absorbtion issues?

mattsk1's photo
Sun 06/20/10 03:34 PM
If you are not eating breafast and going on an all you can eat style Dinner, that would significantly lower your energy though out the day along with countless other negative health sid effects. When breakfast becomes the largest meal of the day and dinner the smallest your greatly effect improve your energy levels. Plus the small dinner will help you enter deep sleep sooner improving your energy level the next day! Good Luck!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 06/20/10 01:49 PM
I miss the Budwiser Frogs.