Community > Posts By > mattsk1

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 02:36 PM
Edited by mattsk1 on Mon 07/12/10 02:38 PM
A boy and his dog!

For TV shows I favor Jeremiah, preferably the first season. The second season was rushed because it got cancelled.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 02:33 PM

I just don't like really bad singers destroying good music

I'll leave my singing to within the shower

the acoustics are great

and I sound like Barbara Streisand!':heart:

Janis Joplin was not the greatest singer, but she sang her heart out. My pet peeve is when people go up to sing and they sing with their soft voice. I like to sing like I don't need a microphone. It’s the only way I get what I want out of it, the rush! I perfer the car over the shower for singing myself.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:09 PM

Hate it!!!!:heart:

It is an aquired taste, at least in my experience. In many ways Karaoke does suck. I just have fun with it.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 01:02 PM
I got this Idea from the show "The Big Bang Theory", with the availability diagram. From that I derived the 10% of 10% of 10% rule. In laymen terms if I were to meet 1000 ladies, at least with one of them we would share mutual interest and attraction. So as long as I am not at the house on weekends and meeting new people on a consistent basis I will find someone. A glimmer of hope is much better than none at all.

mattsk1's photo
Mon 07/12/10 12:43 PM

I can`t get my dang friends to come with me! I`m practicing 'Under the Bridge' by RHCP

really hard to sing in karaoke.

I`m hoping I can pull it off, my voice is deepish.
I was crazy enough to do 'I Am the Highway' by Audioslave (buzzin),,,,and did alright

Ouch! Any song sung by Chris Cornell is difficult to sing well. Props to your pulling it off!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 07/10/10 05:29 PM

I love karaoke! I believe that one person has to have at least ONE song that they can sing decently as you'll never know when you get invited...so as not to come out like a complete idiot... just make sure you have that ONE KARAOKE SONG that you can own :) ...mine is..RUNAWAY (The Corrs)..kinda corny..but hey..I get a way with it as its the ONE song that suits my voice and its ONE song that will make my friends say..."Now, where the hell did that come from???!!!" haha! beeers beers and more beers!!!drinker drinker drinker

Your correct about the "at least ONE song" comment. My fool proof song is "Let the Good Times Roll" by the Cars. I recently sang "Low" by Cracker for the first time and it felt really natural to sing it. "Centerfold" by J-Giels is usually my closing song which I have a blast singing.

mattsk1's photo
Wed 07/07/10 06:14 PM

Okay, so Beach did politics and relationships....I'm curious about religion and relationships. But, not so much about whether or not you can date someone of a different religion. We've done that one before. I'm more curious about what you think when you are talking to someone who claims to be a devout anything....Christian, Muslim, whatever, but their lifestyle doesn't match what they say they believe. Is that a red flag for you?

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people who openly state they go to church but don't believe all that their religion teaches. I'm talking about those who are very involved in their churches, vocally defend the teaching of their religion and then turn around and do the exact opposite in their day to day lives. Red flag for you or you don't really care?

i don't care - if she is nice and we get along, i'm happy with whatever she does...cept lie

I agree. Its all about fate. If it happens, it is because it was ment to happen. Yes, we make mistakes, because we were ment to make those mistakes to learn from.

mattsk1's photo
Wed 07/07/10 05:52 PM

We all live and we all die. Can't we all just get along!

No people can't. You put 4 people in a room and I would bet any amount of money that 2 won't be able to..smokin

I bet if all four were stoners and one had a joint he was willing to share, they'd all get along splendidly! bigsmile

I am a haagen dazs guy, with a weakness for the coffee flavor along with anything chocolate.

Well I'm glad I didn't bet you......smokin laugh

I'm glad I try hard not to assess what kind of a person someone is by what they do, or don't, put in their mouths.

That's it...I'm not dating anyone that doesn't like Ben & Jerry's Karmelsutra ice cream anymore. I mean...the nerve of some people to like vanilla Breyer's instead. Those people are soooo boring. :tongue: laugh

mattsk1's photo
Wed 07/07/10 05:50 PM

No people can't. You put 4 people in a room and I would bet any amount of money that 2 won't be able to..smokin

I know not everyone will get along, but at least we all have something in common.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 09:45 PM

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 07:05 PM
Ok, I do not feel like I am better than one who does do the sex, drugs and rock and roll thing. That is there choice as I have made mine. I have no problem others lifestyles as long as they are respectful of my choice’s, which is most of the time. If they do give me a hard time I just feel extremely uncomfortable, try to hide, and then run away. I just do not like feeling like a tube of toothpaste being squeezed. Yes I also go to bars on every weekend to do Karaoke. I have a blast from the rush I get when I sing in front of a receptive audience.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 05:25 PM

I have noticed that i am alone because i have morals and values that other ppl have lost over the years. For example, i dont drink, or smoke pot, or do drugs of any kind, and i expect that of anyone i bring into my life (and my daughters life as well). Is anyone else facing this issue?

It is not fun. I deal with it everywere I go, including Church and Family. My Sister has been wanting me to drink at least one beer. A friend of mine said he wished he was in my shoes, and I could not figure that one out.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 04:10 PM

Mustard and onions...........smokin

Hot Dogs suck with out these two condiments!!

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:58 AM
Excess Salt in diet(ie adding table salt to food, can foods, processed foods), will cause a person to retain fluids and to sweat more when active. Increasing water intake will eleviate the retention of fluids and cause you to sweat less.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:52 AM

Ferris Buellers Day Off
The Birdcage
City Slickers
My Cousin Vinny
Little Miss Sunshine
The Money Pit
Dazed and Confused
Jay and Silent Bob

matt - Kung Fu Hustle & Shaolin Soccer both were hilarious :thumbsup:

Thanks for the correction. I could not remember both the movies so I combined a portion of both titles. Glad you could decipher my error.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:44 AM
Dove Dark Chocolate with a Glass of Milk. Can't get better than that!

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:43 AM

Hmmm I do stuff like that to amuse myself, not meet people. Lollol.

The point isn't to do it to meet people. But chances are more likely if you're doing what you're interested in, you'll meet someone else who has the same interests.

meetup.com has been a great help in the matter of doing things I enjoy with people that enjoy it too.

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 11:23 AM
I thought Kung Fu Soccer was hilarious. Clean Slate is another great comedy!

mattsk1's photo
Tue 07/06/10 05:58 AM
Putting $10K - $30K to get extra Horse Power out a vehicle does not seem very cost effective. Still looking for a fast compact that won't brake my bank.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 07/04/10 06:02 PM

I love Karaoke, I just wish they had bigger and better song selections!!!

It depends on where you go. I had to try several places before finding a place with the selection of music I liked along with an audience that is fun to sing too. Generally I stick to Bars that start Karaoke after 9pm. In addition, I found out about new places or websites that could help me find new places from talking to people at the Karaoke I liked but did not have the selection of music to my taste. Good Luck!