Community > Posts By > mattsk1

mattsk1's photo
Mon 03/26/12 03:49 AM
Thank you. It was a rough weekend and I followed through with some bad habits. Lust, envy, and doubt seem to be knocking on my door at every waking moment. I know it was not by my strength that the bulk of the burden I bared was released. God has been so good too me so It disappointed me that I fell.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 09:24 AM
Edited by mattsk1 on Sun 03/25/12 09:25 AM

I do not agree with organized Religion because people tell you what to think and do. I do believe God exist because the Universe is simply to complex to have happened by accident. I do believe in evolution, but I can not get past the big bang happening for no apparent reason. Something never comes from nothing. For any chemical reaction you have to combine at least one element with another of a different kind or have an element over a period of time to excite a reaction because of decay. I can not prove it scientifically because of limited knowledge and experience in this study. My belief that God initiated the big bang is based off faith. It is a possible solution to why and how it happened.

For if God is are creator by bringing together the elements to initiate the Big Bang, how magnificent is God to have created all of this! My life and your life were not an accident. Each morning is a miracle, because anything can happen to anyone at any time and any place.
Something never comes from nothing you state.....ok so where did God come from?

That is a great question, which I do not definitely know. Something had to continually exist with out a definable beginning and end. An example of this is a circle. So there is an existence of a system that is defined has having this infinite characteristic. Since it is possible, their could be an indescribable force that was before the big bang and will be after the Universe is no more. This force is often referred to as God.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 04:45 AM

I do not agree with organized Religion because people tell you what to think and do. I do believe God exist because the Universe is simply to complex to have happened by accident. I do believe in evolution, but I can not get past the big bang happening for no apparent reason. Something never comes from nothing. For any chemical reaction you have to combine at least one element with another of a different kind or have an element over a period of time to excite a reaction because of decay. I can not prove it scientifically because of limited knowledge and experience in this study. My belief that God initiated the big bang is based off faith. It is a possible solution to why and how it happened.

For if God is are creator by bringing together the elements to initiate the Big Bang, how magnificent is God to have created all of this! My life and your life were not an accident. Each morning is a miracle, because anything can happen to anyone at any time and any place.

I can say I have never been told what to do (Besides by my elders, which has nothing to do with organized religion and is more about my culture)

and I cant say I have been told what to think by anyone

I have received counsel and advice and encouragement towards what were good choices as opposed to bad choices though

with billions of people on the planet,, finding millions who agree on something and wish to congregate around it is not such a terrible or unreasonable thing, I actually would expect it regardless of whether its organized religion, formal education, universal medicine

etc,,,

but I dont think everyone needs or has to be in anything 'organized', I just think its helpful emotionally to congregate with like minds, at least occasionally

People really can try to make a horse drink water(aka peer pressure). It is up the horse to drink that water. When the horse is thirsty it will search for something to drink. When it finds water it will drink, with or with out the help of people.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 04:14 AM

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 03:47 AM
I do not worry about my weight. I am concerned about being healthy, by improving my relationship with God and with others, getting good sleep, maintaining good eating habits, and staying fit. It has been easier said then done!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 03:32 AM
Do not be afraid to knock on God's door! God does not care what state of mind you are or what you have done prior.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 03:25 AM
I have been playing LoL on the PC for a bit:) I like playing Cait, Sona, and Morg!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 03:19 AM

I dont often feel too lonely,

but when I do, I reach for God.

Hes always there.:heart:

So true! I recently changed to a 10pm-6am work hours. I was going out Thursday night through Sunday night, with 60+ at the workplace. On my current shift I can only go out Friday and Saturday and their are 8 people working the same hours as me. I did go through some social withdraw at first and starting getting pretty desperate to talk to people. I got to a really low point in my life and I told God "I'm struggling". God has been by my side the whole time and I finally realized it:)

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 01:07 AM
I have been doing a 20/40 for about six months every day. 20 pull ups, then 40 push ups. Occasionally I will do 40 bur pees instead of push ups or do 40 body weight squats after the push ups.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 01:03 AM
Wow, that was a while back. I did go to the party. I waved and smiled to a Lady I did not know. Six months later she became my best friend ever, until Sunday Karaoke got canceled at the place we would go to. She works weekends and can only go out Friday and Sunday. I started graveyard hour shift about a month and a half ago so I can only go out Friday and Saturday nights. Friday I meet with friends from Church for a weekly gathering/hangout. Then I pay homage to my favorite bar in the ATL. I am not too big on Dancing too, which is her Friday thing to do, so I have not seen much of her. We have had a bite to eat, before I go into work Sunday.

I was only friends with her because she has a boy friend. I wanted to honor that, because I became friends with him as well. I have learned some very important roles of a relationship in this. I learned that in a relationship you must make time for that person and you must provide for this person. I had this in me the whole time, and I simply doubted in myself.

Yes, I still Karaoke, but it is once every other week on Saturday's. I have much on my plate and have made many friends. In other words, Karaoke is became one of the reasons why I go out.

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 12:23 AM
As of recent, spending time with God makes me the happiest. Going out and spending time with a friend or group of friends is a very close second:)

mattsk1's photo
Sun 03/25/12 12:13 AM
Because He welcomed me back at my lowest point.

mattsk1's photo
Sat 03/24/12 11:49 PM
My name is Matt. I had walked a life of running with a once a week reset on Sunday's. The last two years have been very changing. As I left the computer and interacted with others at the bar, I felt I belonged in a community. I was drawn to these people and their company but did not take part in their lives outside the bar. I would go to Church and feel renewed but would go back to dwelling in my personal struggles of a lustful heart, being envious of others, and being afraid of rejection.

Recently I changed my work shift to a 10pm to 6am time to accommodate a different work load and school. I had also visited a new Church, were I felt God was trying to communicate with me. The more God called after me, the more Satan tried to bring me away from God with impure thoughts and a reliance on myself and my relations with others. I was starting to bar hop, go to strip clubs, and I even opened a profile on Adult Friend Finder. I was frustrated with myself and knew the walk was not right in God's eyes.

Three weeks into being in the night shift, on a Friday, I went to a bar I usually go to and saw people I know from the Church I was going too. I spent time with them and told them of my struggles. I did go back however to making unwise choices that weekend. That Sunday, when I went to Church I was moved by what the Pastor said at the end about Working on your relationship with God, friends, family and if Married, with your spouse. I was moved when I arrived home to open my Bible to read it for the first time in 3-4 years. I felt led to read out loud Chapter 1 of Genesis about how God created the Heavens and the Earth and everything that inhabits it. When I prayed and reflected on this I remembered reading that what God did was good in his eyes. I then told God, "I am struggling". Almost immediately, I felt the overwhelming presence of God's Love. I wept, because I did not know what else to do. God welcomed me as His son and reminded me of the story of the Prodigal Son. I told God that I did not want to waste my life again and that I wanted to do what is right in God's eyes.

Since then, my internal struggles seemed to vanish. I learned of my struggles as the weeks went on. Temptation has been lurking in every corner, but God has reminded thus far of what He did for me when I came to him.

It is with this testimony that I want to encourage others because of God's love too me. God is always waiting at the door. All you have to do is knock, and God will answer and let you in no matter what state you are in. When you continually come before God, He will light your way and lighten your load. Their will still be doubt and temptation, but God is watching over in Love because he cares for us. In my own efforts I failed, but with God the possibilities are no longer limited.

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/30/11 01:51 PM
Guiness and Karaoke!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/30/11 11:53 AM
My new favorite move are Power Cleans from the ground up!

mattsk1's photo
Sat 04/30/11 11:52 AM
I have a Karaoke Party to go tonight. I am the reason that this Karaoke Party excist, because I mentioned it and planed it! Hope it goes well! If not, I'll drink alot a beer and forget about it!

mattsk1's photo
Sun 04/24/11 02:56 PM
Over the past couple weeks I have started going to my Church Choir practise! Got to sing this Sunday for the Easter Service. We sang six songs three times from 8:30pm-12pm. First set was for warm up and practise, second was for first service and third was for second service.

After the first service, I noticed my voice was starting to fade. I made a effort to sing from the diaphram the entire second service and it helped considerably. The amount of voice I lost by the first service remained the same. It did not get worse!

mattsk1's photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:54 PM
Tommy Gun - The Clash

mattsk1's photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:50 PM

I bought a black T-shirt with the face of Scorpius, from the show Farscape. I believe the theme of the shirt is to keep smiling... the sinister kind of course!

Miss that show, ended way to soon. I still blame George Lucas.

I was told by two people already that I would make a good Scorpius for Dragoncon. Looks like an expensive costume! I'll stick to being David Tenant Dr Who and my version of Luke Skywalker traing to be a Jedie at Degaba.

I got the Scorpius shirt a while back and have worn it twice. Both times I felt like a dumbass. I'll leave it for the scfi convention.

mattsk1's photo
Thu 04/21/11 04:26 PM
My current main photo explains why I am still single!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17