Community > Posts By > ameercommoner

ameercommoner's photo
Fri 08/04/17 08:34 AM
The idea that you like your friend more than your wife, should tell you that there are issues with your marriage.

If you value your marriage, respect wife and yourself (as you should)then it's time to seek counseling to help resolve the issues or end your marriage BEFORE moving on.

Your wife deserves respect and honesty. Also, when you look in the mirror do you want to feel respect for yourself or shame? Good luck.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 08/03/17 11:47 AM
My friends Greg and Cathy are two of the most kindhearted people I've ever known. They found each other and have been happily married for years. I smile every time I see them because of their wonderful relationship.

Before they met, both went through terrible, abusive and unhappy relationships. So don't give up. Happiness and love are out there.

ameercommoner's photo
Tue 08/01/17 04:02 PM
French vanilla or chocolate marshmallow. Yum!

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 07/30/17 05:19 PM
I saw Dunkirk this week with friends. I like most "WAR" movies and liked Dunkirk but was a little disappointed that there wasn't more story, dialog and scenes of the small boats and the people operating them.

Great special effects but it got a little confusing when you see the same ship sink for the 3rd or 4th time. Same scene shot from different perspectives. Still a good movie.

ameercommoner's photo
Sat 07/29/17 12:20 PM
Gravity, pretty much has control over all of us.

ameercommoner's photo
Sat 07/29/17 12:17 PM
The Association's Never My Love. It was our wedding song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6OLTpVedmw

ameercommoner's photo
Sat 07/29/17 07:45 AM
Tom, you are a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. Rare Earth is still one of my favorite groups from that era along with Grand Funk Railroad and The Association.

Sorry, for not having a link to either.

ameercommoner's photo
Sat 07/29/17 07:30 AM
The sound of children playing.

Seeing a couple holding hands.

A smile.

A good cup of coffee.

Kindness in any form.

Birds singing.

A long kiss.

The smell of fresh bread or cinnamon rolls. (maybe I should eat breakfast)

The look on some one's face when they love you.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/27/17 08:59 PM
So many wonderful opinions and intelligent responses.

There are some people and and behaviors that I dislike or disagree with on moral grounds but I don't hate anyone for those reasons.

I do hate the results of injustice and seeing innocent people hurt or killed as in the holocaust or actions of Isis.

Injustice and the inaction of those who could resolve the injustice, always angers me. Where is their heart?

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/27/17 08:19 PM
Hi Crystal,

Not a fashion geek at all. I usually dress for comfort with jeans and a Tee-shirt or polo. I still like some of the clothes from the 1960's and 70's like flares and bell bottom pants.

I think a sport coat with jeans looks nice and I'd wear that to a wine tasting, festival or night out.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/27/17 08:12 PM
Not even a smile?

ameercommoner's photo
Tue 07/25/17 08:34 AM
Laurence of Arabia

Magnificent Seven

The Great Escape

Star Wars

Young Frankenstein

Bride of Frankenstein

Rear Window

Jeremiah Johnson

The Vikings

Pulp Fiction

Princess Bride

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 07/23/17 08:40 PM
I guess I should try your question. I've given it some thought but I'm still not sure of my words or how to answer concisely.

I don't ever recall thriving when I was younger but life then was filled with emotional, physical and financial hardship. It seemed then that I (we) were surviving. Looking back, was I or we thriving because we met these challenges head on and survived?

When loved ones died, my brother at a young age and my wife after months in ICU, I felt like a big part of myself was torn away. I felt open and raw. During those times, I was just surviving, barely.

Today, I guess I'm thriving in some ways and just surviving in others but I'm not decaying except in the cosmic sense where all life decays as we travel around the Sun. Hopefully, I've got some more thriving to do. And so do you.

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 07/23/17 08:20 PM
Tom4U, I hope you don't feel at an all time low socially because I think there are many good people on here who admire, respect, adore and on some level even love you.

You posts are brilliant and must come from a brilliant mind. Do you realize you're a teacher and stimulate intense thought and conversation. You have a gift that not many of us have. I thank you for that and look forward to you words of wisdom. Take care of yourself.

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 07/23/17 06:56 PM
Shaft, 1971, with Richard Roundtree. Some called it Blacksploitation but I saw it as cool and groundbreaking to have a black star play the lead role. And the Isaac Hayes sound track, just amazing.

Young Frankenstein! LMAO! Still one of the best comedies ever.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/20/17 10:32 AM
8lbs. 3oz. Oh, wait, that was at birth.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/20/17 10:28 AM
melon head

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/20/17 09:05 AM
Thank you all for a most interesting and intelligent forum and I'm well in agreement.

I think Life's experiences both positive and negative(the injuries)profoundly shape who we are as individual's. It effects our emotions, our thoughts, our abilities and essentially, to a large part, creating who we are.

What's amazing to me is how those "injuries" can hamper us even after they're identified and how difficult it can be to overcome them. Or should we be trying to? Perhaps, accepting them and working "around them" is the way to go.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 07/20/17 08:48 AM
Hi msH. I believe when a person has made amends and paid for their indiscretion or crime, they deserve a chance to better themselves and not have to continue to pay for it publicly or financially.

I'm sure there are historic examples of people who have made mistakes or committed crimes turning around and doing extraordinary and positive things for society after paying for their crimes.

I always try to look for the good and positive. Realistically, it's not always there to be found, but I still look for it.

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 07/19/17 08:43 PM
Dark roast and a red velvet cupcake......ahhhh.