Community > Posts By > ameercommoner

ameercommoner's photo
Fri 10/06/17 08:42 PM
Use the right bait......pizza, steak, beer and a compliment.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 10/05/17 10:03 PM
Wednesday night when I tried to program the new remote control from the Cable company using their vague instruction manual.

So I added to the instructions: Sit down and have a beer.

ameercommoner's photo
Tue 10/03/17 07:11 PM

Just checked .. no it is a global campaign .....

Free the Nipple is a gender equality campaign created in 2012, after Lina Esco started filming the 2014 film Free the Nipple.[1][2] The campaign argues that women should be allowed to bare their nipples in public

Shucks, I missed it! I do see the point....er....points of this campaign and will keep abreast of this event for next year. Nip, nip, hooray!

ameercommoner's photo
Mon 10/02/17 07:15 PM
A home needs a strong foundation or it will crumble. I believe relationships are the same way. Similar core values, mutual respect, self respect, compassion and thoughtfulness are important key ingredients to a strong, lasting relationship.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 09/28/17 10:01 PM
For all out fun: Kingsman: The Secrect Service and the just released Kingsman: The Golden Circle, with Colin Firth and Taron Egerton

For serious drama: Wind River, with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen.

For something different: Bone Tomahawk. A well acted American Western with a Goolish twist. Directed by S. Craig Zahler, staring Kurt Russell, Richard Jenkins, Matthew Fox, Patrick Wilson and Lili Simmons.

Enjoy!

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 09/27/17 01:48 PM
The Big hair styles, MTV and my 1980 International Scout.

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 09/27/17 01:41 PM
I would be interested in knowing their values, hobbies, places travels, guilty pleasures (light at first, more personal as we got to know each other). Ideas or goals they have that are not generally known by others. ie: acting on stage or piloting a glider.

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 09/27/17 01:25 PM
Noticing that the trees have started changing color for Autumn as I enjoyed a good cup of coffee.

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 09/27/17 01:12 PM
What makes a good person?

For me, compassion is an important value. Showing consideration and respect for others. Caring with genuine sincerity. Putting yourself in their place in an effort to feel or understand what another person is going through. Going out of your way for others with no expectations of reward. Simply helping because someone needs help.

ameercommoner's photo
Tue 09/26/17 07:35 PM

Life is a book that writes itself and we never know what's going to be on the next page.

I think waiting for someone you value and believe in, is worth the wait. I would follow my heart. If it says wait, I'd wait. If it says I'm not feeling valued, I believe I would move on. We don't live forever.

My best to you.

you would wait because you think theres a possibility or you hope things will eventually work in your favor? sometimes the heart makes us blind to reality. do you agree?

Hi sceptical, My apologies for the delay. I would wait because I believe in the person and hope for an outcome that both of us wanted. Yes I do believe that the heart can blind us to reality.

I waited six years for someone but the other persons fear of change, self imposed social pressure and doubt due to "blindness" of the bad things happening within her life left us best friends but without a life shared together.

I guess, how long is Long Enough?, is a personal choice we each make.

ameercommoner's photo
Mon 09/25/17 08:17 PM

If you are both waiting for the same reason .. then that is worthwhile .. if only one of you is waiting and has maybe lost touch with reality .. then that is destructive .

In some ways it depends on the outcome .. what you gain to benefit or lose, but mostly what you are happy to tolerate . As for me .. I have the patience of a saint .. the determination of a demon and the stubbornness of a Virgin... if I believe someone or something is worth waiting for:wink:

Blondey, you get more awesome with every post. You Rock!

ameercommoner's photo
Mon 09/25/17 08:15 PM
Life is a book that writes itself and we never know what's going to be on the next page.

I think waiting for someone you value and believe in, is worth the wait. I would follow my heart. If it says wait, I'd wait. If it says I'm not feeling valued, I believe I would move on. We don't live forever.

My best to you.

ameercommoner's photo
Mon 09/25/17 07:42 PM
With every breath, I breath you in. You exist in every molecule, every atom of my being. You are the life source of my soul.

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 09/24/17 11:22 PM
Any place with woods and water.

ameercommoner's photo
Fri 09/22/17 07:24 PM
Injustice and Greed. Also, don't care for those who promote it.

ameercommoner's photo
Thu 09/21/17 10:11 PM
Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday Peggy!!! I think you're wonderful!

ameercommoner's photo
Mon 09/18/17 07:36 PM
That all sounds good and healthy for you too.

For the past two years I've made Concord Grape Jam. The small vineyard where I get the grapes donates 100% of the money earned from the grape sales to fight ALS disease.

The Jam tastes great too!

ameercommoner's photo
Sun 09/17/17 07:53 PM
Charles,
I think you are a true friend to be there for her during her health issues over the past couple of years. You have obviously respected her request to remain friends and not more.

I believe she should respect your feelings and needs by being a little less needy, appreciate all that you have done for her and allow you to find a new relationship.

Hopefully she will show you that respect. If not, it's up to you to move forward for your own well being. Good luck.

ameercommoner's photo
Wed 09/13/17 09:17 PM

A real man to me is someone who grabs the wheel of his life , steers it where he wants it to go, demonstrates a level of care for his passengers and pedestrians , takes responsibility for "wrong" turns, and asks for assistance when necessary to get back on track.

That analogy actually works for being a fully functional adult as well

Im working on it :D

Well stated Peggy! You are wisdom wrapped in wonderful.

ameercommoner's photo
Fri 09/08/17 01:55 AM
Yup, trust your gut.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6