singingmyheartout's photo
Sat 11/24/07 10:53 PM
My aunt and uncle are 20 years apart. My uncle is 3 years younger than my grandmother... called my grandparents "MOM & DAD"!

They've been married for 28 years and are very happy.

If you're happy, go for it. Love doesn't know age.flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 10:48 PM
Something I have done in the past... that worked out well... depending on the girl you are seeing... introduce her as a friend. Keep it platonic while the kids are around.... let her spend time with them once in awhile... go to Chick E Cheese or invite her for "Family Board Game Night"... show her what a great time you have as a family. It isn't just the kids needing to acclimate to the change, but also the girl. In making it platonic in front of the kids, if it doesn't work out, you can always write a letter and mail it to the kids after the fact (pretending to be her) and making up an excuse like "I'm sorry I can't come and visit, but I had to move to another city for my job... be good for your dad" type thing.

Just a thought.

Sat 11/24/07 10:36 PM
Parenthood is not for everyone.
And the insta-family is a real tough one... especially i most cases where the ex is still involved.

Let your kids be the factor that decides keeper or not. If she sticks around, knowing full well about the kids, chances are you've got one worth keeping...

If she runs... well, you owe more to yourself and those kids.

I'm a firm believer in the all-or-nothing, package deal. It has happened in the past where I have had a real connection with someone... but he did not want to commit to me AND my kids... so I showed him the door. It sucks... but the kids were in your life first... and they will be in your life no matter what... better to not lose sleep over somebody who is too blind to see how great they are.flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 08:12 PM
Anything is possible... you just gotta be willing to find the needle in the haystack. In your situation, a girl like that will probably NOT be falling in to your lap... it is something you are going to really have to put effort into finding.

Good Luck. I think you will need it. flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 07:28 PM

This dude seems pretty awesome. bigsmile

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Sat 11/24/07 06:36 PM

I kinda think I am crazy for thinking I am falling for him. Because I only joined this site lastnight, but we talked all night until 2am..and we been talking all day today and tonight. He makes me so happy, and he brings the real person out in myself. I am just so happy when we talk.

My advice... wait.
Plain and simple. My son's father and I met (face-to-face) when I was 17... he was 19... we kept in contact but were not close. At my age of 19, he and i started dating... and 3 months later we got married thinking we had chemistry. A month later I was pregnant with my son... we were separated not even 2 years later and divorced the summer after our separation. My son is 7 and never really got to know his father because his father won't have anything to do with either of us.

I rushed into something stupidly... I was young, alone and naive... thought because he said he loved me, he did. If I saw my 19 year old self today, I would tell me "You're too young to know what you're doing. Wait it out"... "Don't jump the gun prematurely"...

Oh, yeah... failed to mention this guy... he was 22 at the time and sleeping with my brother's ex gf who was 16 at the time. They have a kid together who was born the day after my son's 2nd birthday.

If this guy is your age... you're both WAY too young to be moving cross country for some grand love that is less than even a month old. Give both of you time to grow... but don't sell yourself out because of a few really great conversations.

Best of luck. flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 06:23 PM
LDR's work fine at first. It gives you a chance to get to know each other. And you're only state away... that's easy. (My guy is overseas presently)

If he wants you to be that close, maybe he should move closer to you. If he can't be real with you prior to having you make such a big move... not worth it. Don't sell yourself out for someone else.

If it really is love between the 2 of you, it will find a way.

Good Luck. flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 06:11 PM

AMEN singing... you said it. Too many people forget who they are when they get into a relationship. Its always about the other person.

TY, Cdaddy... Live and Learn... and hindsight is 20/20... if only I knew then what I knew now...ya know? laugh flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 06:02 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Gypsy! Too funny!
Remember the mountains of endless boobs??!?!?!
That movie was awesome!laugh laugh laugh

Sat 11/24/07 06:00 PM
We all start out as individuals prior to meeting our mates... let us not forget that in order to grow healthy as a couple, we must also grow individually as ourselves. NOT giving up my friends. NOT giving up being me. My guy accepts that... and if HE can accept it... no one else has any right to say anything.flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 05:45 PM
I've made a great many friends here on JSH... and the fact that I am engaged doesn't mean I should bow out. The forums are great and the advice/support people give is really appreciated. I'm up front. I tell everyone "Friends Only" and my entire profile states that I am getting married soon. I am being honest... and I see nothing wrong with intermingling with people on a social basis.

Sat 11/24/07 05:39 PM
I had that mindset. I changed. Well.... of course I married the guy after losing it... but then we got divorced...

I haven't been with many people. I stick to my guts, follow my heart. Not gonna do the f--- buddies or the one-night-stands or get laid to get laid...

but circumstances being what they are, if the moment is right, it's right... whether I'm legally married or not.

Sat 11/24/07 05:31 PM
Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Marriage is a legal contract... nothing more. Follow your heart... go with your gut... the ethics and morals usually fall into place from there.

Sat 11/24/07 04:02 PM
Not exactly Rock:
But Sugarland and Matchbox Twenty are my absolute favs.

Rock, I'd say: I like Aerosmith, Pink Floyd...

Sat 11/24/07 02:19 PM
I'm eating candy, drinking starbucks and still in my jammas/// it's 4:19 pm here...

Yay for bumming around!!! bigsmile

Sat 11/24/07 01:58 PM

Is it just me or are there quite a few tetchy people on line tonight...Is it a full moon or something? laugh

I think they're all groggy from overdosing on Turkey... and they are just now waking from their Turkey Comas!

Drink coffee... coffee makes everything better! bigsmile

Sat 11/24/07 01:54 PM
Good Luck Heatherflowerforyou
Hope your holidays go well!

Sat 11/24/07 01:11 PM

You are right again. Where did you come from. Thanks for the advice.

Teddy

Umm... Chicago?laugh laugh laugh
You're welcome and good luck.

Sat 11/24/07 12:59 PM
I found someone... not on this site... but a different one. Be yourself. It'll happen.

I :heart: JSH... good peoples and good fun here!flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 12:23 PM

Mr Geek, again alot of TRUTH to your funny..

And I have been PREACHING """"""REAL"""""" since I found so many FAKES and UN-TRUTHS on the NET...

Im 50 and TRY very hard to ALWAYS be REAL, and honest with
everyone here.. But PEOPLE find it VERY EASY to MIS-LEAD and "BE" somebody there not, from AGE, to recent PIC, to living
relationship their-in or NOT-in....:angry:

You bring here with you a refreashing twist to topic and mind.
COOL to have YA with US.....bigsmile drinker :smile:

Agreed.

Try being a single mom of 2 young kids- divorced twice and only 27... not easy to find someone either... but I did... and I was honest in doing so... Anything is possible. flowerforyou