Mon 12/03/07 06:58 PM
Anthony

singingmyheartout's photo
Mon 12/03/07 06:57 PM
Sharon

Mon 12/03/07 06:56 PM

I know that wasn't meant for me

Sowwy... I was tryin to being some humor into the game. Nothin' personal. flowerforyou

Damn

Mon 12/03/07 06:54 PM
Evelyn or Eileen?

Mon 12/03/07 06:53 PM
run like hell for a full minute and see how far away I can get!

And then realize I'm still stuck in the closet! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

(j/k flowerforyou )

Mon 12/03/07 06:40 PM
I don't have seizures, but my future mom-in law does. Hers are mini strokes that happen at random points of the day or night for no reason what-so-ever. Scary. They say one good one is all it's gonna take to kill her.:cry: :cry: :cry: She is a great and wonderful person... and really, it hurts to know that she has to live with this condition.

Sun 12/02/07 10:46 PM
Forums are awesome. I like the JSH people. I've made a few friends here... and I know I've helped a few people out here and there. All in all, not a bad deal. flowerforyou

Fri 11/30/07 02:45 PM
Thanks Again. flowerforyou

Fri 11/30/07 10:01 AM
Thank you Daniel. Great to know there is hope.
My divorce says nothing about prohibitation of moving out of state...

Eventually, my fiance plans to legally adopt both of my children... so once I get passed this hurdle, it will be ok.

Thanks SO much for your help, Everyone... flowerforyou

Thu 11/29/07 09:55 PM
Thank you guys... very helpful info.flowerforyou

Thu 11/29/07 08:11 PM

In AZ if either parent and it only takes one to make leaving the state of residance a part of any custody agreement and ot does not mater rather it be joint, sole or anything else.

I don't understand what you mean.

My divorce decree states Illinois has Jurisdiction over the matter... I can't relocate and fight this in Arizona.

I don't even know if he's making up about "parental kidnapping". He could be trying to scare me. I don't wanna be hauled away in cuffs if he's for real, though.

Thu 11/29/07 07:56 PM
Edited by singingmyheartout on Thu 11/29/07 07:57 PM
In Illinois if it interferes with a court visitation schedule there could be an issue...

but if he has not honored his end of the visitation schedule, my guess would be that he negated the order first and I allowed it... therefore negating the arrangement altogether and leaving me free to go...

(my logic)

However... I wouldn't want to step on the toes of a court and chance it.

I have no problem taking the matter to court... I just can't afford it.frown

Thu 11/29/07 07:46 PM
My ex has been absent from my son's life since April of 2001 when we separated (we were divorced in 2002). I was awarded sole custody. My ex got supervised visitation for a few very good reasons.

I am planning to move to Arizona in February (for multiple reasons) and in March I am planning to marry my fiance who is in the Navy.

My ex, who has been absentee all these years says he will have me arrested for parental kidnapping if I move out of Illinois with my son.

He has not taken advantage of any of the scheduled visitation over the past 5 years, is inconsistent with paying his child support, and does not want to be in my son's life. He is putting up this fight purely to be spiteful.

Does anyone know where I can get some affordable legal help/advice? I am living paycheck to paycheck as is and my fiance has been assisting his parents with their bills because his mother is terminally ill. We have very little money for a lawyer.

Is there a loophole that I missed?
Does my ex even have a right to stop me?

I have been losing sleep over this for DAYS. Everywhere I turn, I need about $2000 for a retainer fee. I don't have that kind of cash up front. I was thinking about representing myself (I handled my divorce on my own)... but I need some legal help as to what direction to go through...

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I'm in the Chicago area...

Any advice greatly appreciated.
flowerforyou Thank Youflowerforyou

Thu 11/29/07 04:37 PM
I would love to see my sweetheart for the holidays... but the Navy keeps him far away.:cry:

Wed 11/28/07 11:15 PM

The GENERAL DISCUSSION board has become a post-center for insecure people asking us to tell them how good they look. Damn people... it's pathetic.

You're all beautiful in your own way... SO STOP ASKING!!! flowerforyou

So, tell me, Singingflowerforyou ,

How good DO I look?laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I DID NOT POST THIS THREAD TO SAY HOW GOOD WE ALL DID OR DIDN'T LOOK. STOP BEING SO DAMN INSECURE. BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER...AND SHOULD START WITH OUR OWN SELVES BEING COMFORTABLE WITH WHO WE ARE.

Wed 11/28/07 09:20 PM
Lol... TY flowerforyou Very sweet of you to say.

Wed 11/28/07 09:18 PM
<------- is the "Barney" of JSH... run far far away! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Wed 11/28/07 09:17 PM
I L:heart: VE All my fellow JSH-ers!

BIG HUGS!!!!!

Wed 11/28/07 09:14 PM
I know all to well the life of a single parent....
The A$$ groove in my computer chair is well-formed.

BUT- wouldn't trade being a parent for anything...

Shaneflowerforyou

Wed 11/28/07 09:10 PM
Hahahaha!
bigsmile flowerforyou