singingmyheartout's photo
Sat 11/24/07 11:46 AM

Where is everybody?? It is soooo cold in here today.
The "current Events Thread" is dead.
No one is responding to mail. Is everyone asleep?

I guess I will have to lurk around in here for a minute. I feel so lonely.

Hi y'all. Said in my best redneck voice.

Anybody freezing today?
It is so cold outside. Supposed to snow. It is snowing around us. In the burbs.

Hello....helloooo....tap tap tap, can you hear me?
Kat

I think people need to snap out of their TURKEY COMAS! laugh laugh laugh

Maybe peope are off visiting loved ones over the long holiday weekend.flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 11:40 AM

Yes,You are right,Honesty is the best way to go.BUT IT SURE IS LONELY IN MY WORLD.

I'd rather be ignored/alone/hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.flowerforyou

Sat 11/24/07 11:39 AM

singinmyheartout and kitty are like the Dr. Phil and Dr. Ruth of this place...I'll leave it to them to determine which is which.

This place is a nice place to chat with folk so get posting so people get to see you.

Ooohhh! Can I be Dr. Phil???? PLLLEEEASSSSSSEEEEEEEE?laugh laugh laugh

Sat 11/24/07 11:34 AM
Friends. Email Buddies... Forums.

<----------Happily Taken...
But JSH is a way to pass the time. My guy is in the Navy and currently overseas... I like most of the people on JSH... so it's a way for me to not feel so alone while he is gone.

Sat 11/24/07 11:31 AM
:smile: :smile: :smile:
That's awesome news!!! Good Luck! flowerforyou

Fri 11/23/07 05:13 PM

I have a huge thing for nerds. building computers, fixing them, coding, ugh - I really love being a part of a nerds life, haha.

it's hot.

Awww...but you're in Massachusetts.

Hey... don't let distance be a deal breaker...

Fri 11/23/07 05:02 PM
I played Magic the Gathering and WOW... I've been sober since June and gotten over my addiction! laugh laugh laugh

I'm sorta techy... but it takes awhile to figure out and troubleshoot problems...

I'm not a numbers person... but love words, writing and grammar...

I wear glasses, have no pocket protectors... play video games on occasion... and am a board game junkie...

If that makes me part nerd... hey... so be it...

I'd like to think I'm just me.bigsmile

Fri 11/23/07 04:59 PM

there was this guy i was kindve seeing several yrs ago and he was a very sweet guy for being a nerd.. my daughter called him the white urkle:tongue: :tongue:

but he had a good heart

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
2 of my 3 brothers wore glasses growing up and they looked like White Urkels!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Fri 11/23/07 04:51 PM

none of u are nerds, Your all dorks, nerds are people who play dungeons and dragons, and study alot of sceince, any idiot can put a computer togehter and keep it up to date, its actually cheaper to buil ur own then buy one

HEY! Do you know what a "dork" by definition is?
It's a body part on the Male Whale. No joke.

And there are different levels of nerdom.... seriously... bigsmile

Fri 11/23/07 04:46 PM
Oh no! Wii... you've just described the adult versions of mt kids!!! Either that means my kids are nerds or nerds are over grown kids...noway laugh laugh laugh

I think as long as you don't ignore your mate and consume your life in gizmos and gadgets, there's nothing wrong with preferring video games and PC's over going out to bars or parties.

It's gotta be a balance... between 2 people. The likelihood of finding a girl who likes the exact same things that you do is slim to none. Just remember in asking someone to accept you, you should also be willing to accept them. If you can do that... who cares if you're a nerd, jock or any other type?

Fri 11/23/07 04:38 PM

When she picked me she had her head on straight and picked a winner. Now i believe she has lost it a little bit.

She is your ex... generally that means she is the enemy. Sometimes things don't work out- not because of anything more than circumstance. Don't let what happened then taint what is happening now. SHE is not your concern. Those kids are. As single parents, we must learn to "suck it up"... grow a thicker skin to what the ex is doing... and we must remember that for all their faults, at one point we must have seen something good in them. We may not like what they are doing presently, but we must hope that they are in favor of achieving 1 common goal: Raising upstanding, beautiful and intelligent little people. As long as you both can keep that in focus... let the rest go... if you don't it's just going to add fuel to the fire.

Fri 11/23/07 04:31 PM

Ok, folks here some questions that I been thinking about recently on how
far you would go for love. These are just questions and not based on any
of my personal experiences.

1. If you loved someone who cheated on you and they want you back, would
you take them back?

2. If you love someone, who live in another country, would you move
there?

3. If you loved someone who comitted a petty crime, would you take the
fall for that someone?

4. Would you die for the person you loved?

O.k., here you go. Four social love questions to think about.

#1... if they really love me, they won't cheat... if they cheat, don't matter how I feel about them, they've lost all respect and gotta go.

#2...My fiance is in the Navy, stationed in Guam... currently I am tying up lose ends here so that after our wedding in March I can relocate... so YES... I would relocate for LOVE.

#3... For every action there is a consequence. If they wanna do a crime, they can do the time. Won't mean I love them any less... but if I were to take the fall, it would be enabling and/or supporting them and their choice to do wrong. No Way! I'm not doing time for anyone. That isn't what love is about.

#4... Absolutely.

Fri 11/23/07 04:26 PM
Yes, but honesty is the best way to go. You may not get as many emails in response, but to lie and pretend to be someone you're not- what will that resolve? If you do meet someone off the profile you've lied about then you have to spend time either pretending to be someone you're not OR admitting that you lied about yourself and hoping the other person can forgive. I dunno... I personally would rather tell the truth and get no emails than tell a bunch of tall tales and then have to come clean after the fact.

Thu 11/22/07 10:00 PM
March 15th, in his hometown in Arizona. I'm excited... and a little nervous... it is only 112 days away...:smile:

Thu 11/22/07 09:38 PM
Edited by singingmyheartout on Thu 11/22/07 09:38 PM

hey singing, so is this the same one that you were in love with six weeks or so ago, or a new one?

I can't keep up...my head is spinning..noway

Hey Jess... why don't you quit being such a judgmental B----.
If ya knew the background story, you'd get it... but whatever. I don't need to prove myself to you. :angry: mad explode

Thu 11/22/07 09:00 PM

I've learned that if there is a God. He has a lousy ironic sense of humor. The people I'm interested in meeting and who might be interested in meeting me are always the ones who live as far away as humanly possible within the continental USA.

I'd really like to kick him in the nuts but being the omnipotent creator of the universe, he's probably an expert in muay thai and would kick my face off. Maybe I could pay Chuck Norris to give him a roundhouse for me.

For the record... my guy is stationed in Guam... that's over 7000 miles away from Chicago where I live. He was there when I met him. He's there now. LOVE KNOWS NO DISTANCE. You just have to be willing to accept certain things as temporary obstacles... and be resourceful enough to find a way around them. Believe it or not, when we first met, I told him I was not willing to relocate. But things change and life happens... so don't sell anyone short due to distance. If it's meant to be, it will happen. flowerforyou

Thu 11/22/07 08:30 PM
www.myspace.com/lemons_in2_lemonade

Thu 11/22/07 08:16 PM
I actually met my fiance through a military penpal site. He's in the Navy, currently overseas... so our relationship has been that of Long Distance. We have time zone issues and military schedules and the fact that he's on a remote little island with crappy internet servers that don't always work to contend with... but all things are possible if you really work for what you want. Once we are married and everything settles out, my kids and I are relocating to be with him at his station.

The guys I met face-to-face in bars or coffee shops, etc... it was always the same crap. I think the advantage of meeting someone on the net or having a long-distance thing, is that all you have are your words to use in expressing yourself. This means you really get to talk to and know the person. I think all to often face-to-face relationships lose a lot of much-needed growth if they become too physical too soon.

Good Luck. flowerforyou

Thu 11/22/07 08:06 PM
I :heart: snow.
This will be my last winter with snow. sad

We had snow here in Chicago, too...
I'm gonna miss it when I leave...

Glad you had such a great day!flowerforyou

Thu 11/22/07 03:42 PM

Fajin,

First thing I noticed too. I just chalked it up to the phenomenon that almost every photo of anyone under 25 has them doing a poseur gang sign, the shocker, or a smirk.

Ya know, that really is offensive. Not everyone under 25 is doing that... I'm 23 and I find it dumb... Do all older people really think everyone under 25 is that dumb? I just have to ask cus I've noticed that it seems that way. Just wondering...

I'm 27... and I get that attitude from older people too. I think there are some geezers who are too narrow minded to think that some of us "youngsters" do have common sense and self-respect. I also know first hand some 35-45 year olds who still act like little kids and can't take care of their responsibilities...

I think people oughta get to know someone rather than form an opinion based on age.