Community > Posts By > Tom4Uhere

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 11/17/22 12:00 PM
Expendables TV Series (TBA)

In May 2012, it was announced that a television spin-off of the film series had entered development at Lionsgate. In March 2015, it was confirmed that the franchise will expand, with a television event series in active development. The project will be a joint-production between CBS Television Studios, Lionsgate Television, Shane Brennan Prods., and Rogue Marble Productions. Shane Brennan has signed on as creator, producer and showrunner; as well as serving as co-writer with Greg Coolidge and Kirk Ward. Stallone will serve as executive producer alongside Avi Lerner, Kevin King, Grant Anderson, and Brennan. The plot of the series was announced to feature a new team of Expendables, composed of 'iconic television stars', who are on a mission to stop the dangerous activities of terrorist organizations.

Originally scheduled to air on Fox network, beginning in June 2016 the series was being shopped around to other networks and streaming services. In November 2021, President of Millennium Films Jeffrey Greenstein, confirmed that the studio is once again actively developing a television series for the franchise. In November 2022, Greenstein reiterated that development for a television series is ongoing, with plans to expand each of the studio's franchises into additional media.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 11/16/22 08:04 PM
Music Lover? Where are you?

Poopin

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 11/16/22 03:41 PM
Tonight's Playlist (just started it)

Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials (2015) d obrien k scoderlario t brodiesangster

Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire (2013) j lawrence l hemsworth

Divergent 2: Insurgent (2015) s woodley a elgort t james k winslet j courtney o spencer a judd

Monsters of Man (2020)

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 11/15/22 02:48 PM
Tonight's Playlist (just started it)

Maze Runner 1: The Escape (2014) d obrien k scoderlario w poulter

Hunger Games 1: Panem (2012) j lawrence l hemsworth d sutherland

Divergent 1: Dauntless (2014) s woodley t james k winslet j courtney a judd maggieq

On the Line (2022) m gibson

and if time permits...

Tomorrowland (2015) g clooney

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 11/15/22 07:32 AM
LONELY

Loneliness is like when you look at your face in the mirror. Unique to you.

I grew up in the country, on a farm. My only sibling is a sister who is 8 years older than I.
In the 60s and early 70s I rode my bicycle everywhere I wanted to go, I had friends.

In school, I rode a full bus 26 miles one way everyday, had friends on the bus and friends in school.

In college I had friends in the dorm and friends in class.

In the service, I had friends and subordinates. Had 4 small children at home and a wife.

In my job, I had friends, eventually subordinates (who were like a 2nd family) and at home raised 4 children to young adulthood.

When the kids grew up and moved out and my marriage ended I suffered from "Empty Nest Syndrome"
I went from a life of activity and turmoil to dead silence. I spent years in dead silence, only my own reflection in the mirror to talk to.

During my formative years in the country I spend a lot of time alone. I read a lot of books (mostly fiction). My imagination was my friend. You could say, "I spent a lot of time in my head"

After work, after family...I again spent a lot of time in my head. I now watch movies for entertainment, Movies cause my imagination to soar. I write, I compose and I work on projects.

What I don't do is focus on the fact I am alone most of the time. My GF and I have an agreement to keep our together-time special. We keep it special because we spend time together sporadically and without schedule. Sometimes one day a week, sometimes a full weekend and sometimes a week long tryst. We are NOT joined at the hip. It makes our relationship strong because when we are together it is special.

How YOU deal with being alone is governed by your life experiences. If you have always been around a lot of people and place your self-value in how others see you, being alone can be hell for you.

If you raised a family for decades and now everyone is gone, it can cause 'empty nest' but if you are aware it is a temporary condition which only you can control, you can get yourself clear of those feelings of loneliness.

One thing being alone allows you to do is you now have the ability to remake yourself as you see fit. It can be a slow process. While you do this, the trick is to not 'focus' on the loneliness. Keep yourself entertained (distracted) while you remake yourself to be who you want to be now.
Let the turmoil and adopted stress fade away from your life and seek contentment within yourself.
Realize its Okay to be alone but being lonely is a form of depression which can affect how you appear to others. Get a handle on the loneliness within you and master being alone...Your rock steady presence will attract others.

Looking back, its much easier to see in hindsight than while you are battling loneliness. It is a difficult row to hoe but since it is your own life and you are the one living it, who is more qualified to make those changes than you?

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 11/15/22 06:47 AM
After 25 years ... I woke up.
I threw away those rose-colored glasses.
I ended the marriage with no 'look backs'.

For me, it wasn't a spur of the moment decision.
For her, it seemed like I just got up one day and ended our marriage.

What started my path wasn't even "US' related, technically.
I got hurt at work, then got sick...couldn't do my job anymore and they had to let me go.
I worked a lower paying, less fulfilling job for a few years but eventually couldn't do that work either and they too had to let me go.

Then the financial burdens threatened to (and finally did) take my house. Savings dried up.
My health got worse, depression set in.

During this time period, my X could have supported us. Most of our marriage I worked and brought home money, gave it to her and she handled the money, expenses and stayed home with the kids.
She worked off and on, built a career in nursing and had her own career. I even helped her write a really good resume.

Unlike how I treated her for 24 years, when she had to take care of me it was like she resented me and she started making lil comments about how useless I was and I even heard her refer to me as her "kept man" to her friends (which she would never introduce me to).

Whenever I tried to talk to her about "US" she was always too tired or too busy or had to go "here or there".

This change in our relationship, her attitude and my anger over her betrayal of our bond chipped away at me.
I finally had enough and stopped "US" in our tracks. The whole thing hurt bad. It added to my depression. My self-esteem was at an all-time low.
I had no friends left, no family I could confide in for clarity, my kids couldn't understand what happened to mom. Out on their own, they became ghosts, steering clear of our 'family drama' as it unfolded before them.

When the final day came, my X was surprised. Perhaps she thought I had no courage to end it, maybe she was oblivious to our downhill spiral of insanity. It hurt me bad to end it but I knew I couldn't continue down the same road anymore and no matter how I tried to reason with her, she either didn't get it or no longer wanted to get it.

When I ended it, I told her there would be no more chances. I held that promise. Just like I held our marriage vows. No phone calls, no walks in the park, no meets for lunch, if I knew she would be someplace (over at one of the kids houses) I made sure to stay away. I told my kids I don't want to hear about, see or know about her. That was pretty difficult. They know I am a man of my word but they had to try to get mom and dad back together. This went on for almost a year till the divorce.

Over 10 years later, my life is much better now than when I was married to her. I have my sanity, I have money, bills are paid, house is clean, I have what I need and I think and do what I want.
I have been able to find a woman who is nothing like her. Been together over 4 years now.

Those rose-colored glasses are gone. While trying to work things out with myself, I realized my X wasn't the only thing I saw with rose-colored glasses. I put away my delusions about life.
I started living in reality and dealing with problems effectively instead of passionately. I stopped taking life's turmoil personally.
Making better, clearer decisions allows me to stop many problems before they become problems.

I'm no longer mad at the world.
I'm no longer depressed.
I no longer base my life on fantasy expectations.
I try to see people as they are, not how I want to see them.
I allow....Others, to be themselves and no longer feel a need to justify their words and actions just so I can keep my idea of who and what they are.
Life is hard enough on its own without me adding my baggage to it all.

Oh, and her...I don't give a damn about her.
She was a 25 year hard life lesson which made me who I am today. Wouldn't change a thing.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 11/10/22 01:13 PM
Oh sad2

I thought this was one of those "Hold My Beer" threads.
spock

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 11/10/22 01:02 PM
"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for."

NOT TRUE

Choose Wisely!

Tom4Uhere's photo
Thu 11/10/22 12:59 PM
Been jammin to the Blues while working on ScreenHead. Mainly Albert Cummings and Tony Tucker plus a few others.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 11/09/22 07:51 PM

And right now...

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 11/09/22 04:10 PM

Blaze
7.00 101 min
After accidentally witnessing a violent crime, a young girl is left catatonic with shock, and struggles to make sense of what she saw, ultimately finding renewal in the inestimable world of her own imagination.
Genre: Drama, Animation, Crime
Release: 2022-06-09
Director: Del Kathryn Barton
Production: Screen Australia, Causeway Films, Fin Design Effects
Cast: Josh Lawson, Simon Baker, Yael Stone
Simon Baker was the guy who played The Mentalist

The Willowbrook
HD 9.80 85 min
A renowned health and wellness influencer invites one of her recently overdosed followers, Jordan, to seek recovery at her small town manor. Soon after, Jordan realizes the dark world existing within the manor is not the image she--nor millions of others--perceived from the internet.
Genre: Thriller
Release: 2022-11-08
Director: Zach Koepp
Cast: Lawrence J Hughes, Jessica Bishop, Erin Day

The Family
HD 7.50 104 min
On an isolated farm in what appears to be the 1800's, a family is ruled by their tyrannical father who preaches fire and brimstone, and their devout mother who demands obedience. Their father exploits their fear of a punishing creator, an existential threat living beyond the confines of the farm. Promising salvation, the father commands blind faith enforced by relentless discipline. One day in the field, Elijah, the youngest, collapses out of exhaustion. The father decides to make an example of him, punishing him for his petulance, banishing him to the outskirts to face certain death. Caleb, the eldest, tries to defend him but cannot bring himself to defy his father. When the father brings a new person into the family to replace Elijah, Caleb begins to question his upbringing, seeing through the cracks of his father's words. As he plots an uprising, pitting himself against his hell-bent father, he soon discovers that everything that has been told to him is a lie.
Release: 2022-09-02
Director: Dan Slater
Production: West Film, Leader Media
Cast: Nigel Bennett, Benjamin Charles Watson, Jenna Warren

Killer Stepmom
HD 5.10 84 min
A teen with a reputation for telling lies and creating trouble witnesses her new stepmother murder a man in a vacant parking lot. Now, she must convince her mother to believe her story before she enacts her plan to destroy her family.
Release: 2022-01-07
Director: Richard Switzer
Production: Dawns Light
Cast: Jillian Murray, Jon Briddell, Julia Terranova

Borrego
HD 5.40 102 min
Borrego follows a young botanist who relocates to a small desert town to study an invasive plant species. She must fight for her survival when she's kidnapped by an inexperienced drug mule after his ultralight plane crashes in the desert.
Release: 2022-01-14
Director: Jesse Harris
Production: Abcde Pictures, Black Magic, CRE84U Entertainment
Cast: Lucy Hale, Nicholas Gonzalez, Olivia Trujillo

Kimi
HD 6.30 89 min
During the COVID-19 pandemic in Seattle, an agoraphobic tech worker discovers evidence of a violent crime while reviewing a data stream, and is met with resistance and bureaucracy when she tries reporting it to her company. To get involved, she realizes she must face her greatest fear by venturing out of her apartment and into the city streets, which are filled with protestors after the city council passes a law restricting the movements of the homeless population.
Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime
Release: 2022-02-10
Director: Steven Soderbergh
Production: Warner Bros, New Line Cinema
Cast: Erika Christensen, Zoë Kravitz, Rita Wilson

Breaking
HD 6.20 103 min
A Marine war veteran faces mental and emotional challenges when he tries to reintegrate into civilian life.
Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime
Release: 2022-08-26
Director: Abi Damaris Corbin
Production: Little Lamb
Cast: John Boyega, Nicole Beharie, Selenis Leyva

Tom4Uhere's photo
Wed 11/09/22 03:46 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Wed 11/09/22 03:48 PM
I don't use Roku but if you want to see some scince fiction movies I just posted a bunch today.
Plus I added a bunch more to add later.

Here's the index so far
(only the ones in Yellow are ready)

Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies
~#~

10th Victim (1965)
2009: Lost Memories (2002)
2019: After the Fall of New York (1983)
2020 Texas Gladiators (1983)

~A~

A Boy and His Dog (1975)
Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe (1991)
Ad Astra (2019)
Adrenalin: Fear the Rush (1996)
AE: Apocalypse Earth (2013)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
Alien Agent (2007)
Alive (2002)
Android (1982)
Armageddon (1998)
Attack the Block (2011)
Automata (2014)

~B~

Banshee Chapter (2013)
Battle: Los Angeles (2011)
Battle Beyond the Stars (1980)
Battlefield Earth (2000)
Battleship (2012)
Bicentennial Man (1999)
Black Lightning (2009)
Bloodshot (2020)

~C~

Cell (2016)
Chappie (2015)
Cherry 2000 (1987)
City Under Siege (2010)
Cold Fusion (2011)
Cosmoball (2020)
Crime Zone (1988)
Crimes of the Future (2022)
Crimson Force (2005)
Crossworlds (1996)

~D~

D.A.R.Y.L. (1985)
Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959)
Dark Breed (1996)
Death Machine (1994)
Deathline aka Redline (1997)
Deathsport (1978)
Demolition Man (1993)
Denizen (2010)
Descent (2005)
Dinosaurus! (1960)
Distant (2023)
Doomsday (2008)
Downstream aka World's End (2010)

~E~

Eliminators (1986)
Elysium (2013)
Emily and the Magical Journey (2020)
Encounter (2021)
End of Days (1999)
Ender's Game (2013)
Enemy Mine (1985)
Equilibrium (2002)
Escape from Mars (1999)
Eve of Destruction (1991)
Event Horizon (1997)
Ex Machina (2015)
Expect No Mercy (1995)
Exterminators of the Year 3000 (1983)

~F~

Fifth Element (1997)
Final Days of Planet Earth (2006)
Finch (2021)
Fire City: End Days (2015)
Firehead (1991)
Fist of the North Star (1995)
Forbidden Planet (1956)
Freejack (1992)
Full Metal Gokudô (1997)
Future Force (1989)
Future War (1997)

~G~

Gamer (2009)
Gene Generation (2007)
Ghost in the Machine (1993)
Ghosts of Mars (2001)
Gravity (2013)
Gunhed (1989)

~H~

Hardwired (2009)
Helvellyn Edge (2022)
Horse Girl (2020)

~I~

I, Robot (2004)
I Am Number Four (2011)
I Come in Peace aka Dark Angel (1990)
Impostor (2001)
In the Shadow of the Moon (2019)
In Time (2011)
Infini (2015)
Interstellar (2014)

~J~

Jiu Jitsu (2020)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
Judgment Day (1998)

~K~

King of Fighters (2010)
Konets Vechnosti aka The End of Eternity (1987)

~L~
Ladyhawke (1985)
Last Action Hero (1993)
Legend (1985)
Looper (2012)

~M~

M3GAN (2023)
Master of the World (1961)
Matilda (1996)
Monsters of Man (2020)
My Science Project (1985)

~N~

Natural City (2003)
Nekrotronic (2018)
Neverwas (2005)
New Barbarians aka Warriors of the Wasteland (1983)
Night of the Comet (1984)
No Escape (1994)

~O~

Omega Doom (1996)
On Line (2015)
One and the Same (2021)
Outland (1981)
Outside the Wire (2021)
Override aka R.I.A. (2021)

~P~

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
Paradox (2010)
Parallel (2018)
Paycheck (2003)
Project: Wolf Hunting (2022)

~Q~

~R~

R.O.T.O.R. (1987)
Ravagers (1979)
Replicant (2001)
Repo Men (2010)
Retroactive (1997)
Returner (2002)
RoboGeisha (2009)
Runaway (1984)

~S~

Signs (2002)
Slipstream (2007)
Solo (1996)
Soylent Green (1973)
Space Sweepers (2021)
Spectral (2016)
Splash (1984)
Surrogates (2009)

~T~

The 6th Day (2000)
The Cold Equations (1996)
The Colony (2013)
The Core (2003)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
The Friendship Game (2022)
The Green Mile (1999)
The Kid (2000)
The Midnight Sky (2020)
The Princess (2022)
The Running Man (1987)
The School for Good and Evil (2022)
The Tomorrow War (2021)
The Ugly Little Boy (1977)
The Unhealer (2020)
Tides aka The Colony (2021)
Time Walker (1982)
Timestalkers (1987)
Tommyknockers (1993) ~ miniseries
Tomorrowland (2015)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Two-Fisted Tales (1992)

~U~

Ultra Warrior (1990)
Ultraviolet (2006)

~V~

Vesper (2022)
Vice (2015)
Virtuosity (1995)

~W~

Warlords of the 21st Century aka Battletruck (1982)
Warning (2021)
Warriors of the Year 2072 (1984)
Waterworld (1995)
Wing Commander (1999)

~X~

~Y~

Young Ones (2014)

~Z~

Tom4Uhere's photo
Tue 11/08/22 09:13 PM
Right now I'm streaming Rogue One.
Taking a movie break after working on the community all day.
I created some PSAs, Tutorials and established plans for staff that will be needed once the membership base increases.
I've still got a lot to do and some more tweaking and finishing touches on a few threads.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 10:22 PM
Geelong

What's a Geelong?
"Gee, that's long!"?
Pretty shallow....

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 10:20 PM
All Love is TRUE or it isn't "LOVE" at all, it's something else.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 10:18 PM
How change people in our life?

Why would you want to do that?

Anyone you meet anywhere anytime are culminations of their individual life experiences and their own unique personality. Including YOU.

If you change someone to fit YOUR specifications you would destroy what makes them who they are.

Consequently, if someone tries to change you, they are attempting to over-ride what makes you, YOU.

Not only is it bad form, it can make people resent you and not trust you.

When you meet anyone, you see them as they are without your influence. If you like them enough to consider them a friend, why would you try to change them?

This immature 'game' happens more than you would think. Many couples have relationship problems because one tries to change the other to be who and what they think they 'should' be.

Everybody changes constantly. It may appear the other has changed but you, yourself has also changed.
When the changes are favorable, the relationship flourishes.
When the changes are unfavorable, relationship problems occur.
There are many marriages which fail because the individual changes can not be accepted.

Two-way communication and honesty can help each party find contentment.

Its a known fact many people can't see how they have changed over time, the change is that subtle.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 10:02 PM
I thought Clown as pretty fun!
Loved the concept of the Clöyne even if it is pure fantasy. The Clöyne is inspired by the mythical yuletide fiend, Krampus.

I also liked the concept of Joulupukki (The Yule Goat) in Rare Exports. The Joulupukki was originally a pagan tradition.

THIR13EN Ghosts also has a concept I was intrigued with...the "Ocularis Infernum" (Eye of Hell) and the concept of Basileus's Machine designed to open the Ocularis Infernum. The Black Zodiac ghosts are also interesting and creative with supporting archives.
The Black Zodiac is a dark inversion of the normal Zodiac. Like its celestial counterpart, the more eldritch Black Zodiac is divided into twelve arcane signs; unlike its counterpart, these signs represent twelve earthbound ghosts necessary to gain access to the Ocularis Infernum.
The Arcanum is an ancient book that was written in the 15th century by an astrologer/astronomer Basileus while he was under demonic possession. It contains spells for capturing and summoning ghosts, profiles on the thirteen ghosts of The Black Zodiac and blueprints for creating a mansion-like machine with which to open and gain control over the Ocularis Infernum.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 09:38 PM

If you are dead set to use 4x4s you could carefully insert the metal bracket into the concrete before it fully sets. Making sure the bracket is plumb and oriented to the direction you want.
After the concrete sets, insert the post and bury the base in back-fill.

Then use hardware to attach the fencing. You would need to calculate the arc of the bend near the driveway so the fence doesn't bind against the pole. But that's do-able.

This would allow you to remove the posts and fencing at will (just back fill the post holes with the brackets) try to remember to set the top edge of the bracket below grade so back-filled you can still mow over it and nobody will trip on it.

Try to remember untreated metal will rust and untreated wood will rot.

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 09:26 PM
Edited by Tom4Uhere on Mon 11/07/22 09:28 PM
I was never employed to install fencing but what you describe makes me think there is a bit more to the job.

One thing, check the freeze depth in your area.
Dig some holes with a post hole digger to that depth.
Mix up a bag of concrete (you will probably meed more than 1 bag and the sand by ratio for all the holes.
Pour the concrete mix into the holes and insert the poles, posts you want to use. I would probably go with mesh fencing metal poles.

The Fencing you describe sounds like Roll Fencing.

If you do it right, you can backfill the poles with dirt so you can't see the concrete.
Plus, using concrete and metal poles will keep it lightweight but strong against wind damage. By sinking the concrete into a hole deeper than the freeze depth will prevent the pole anchors from uplifting during the winter.

I've installed this type of fence around my own yard as a dog fence. My boys helped me and it only took a couple days. The hardest part was stretching the fence for a tight install (we used a come-a-long)

Hardware/Home Improvment stores usually stock a wide range of wire mesh fencing and poles. Not only in style but in height. The also sell sand and concrete.
You can install the poles without a concrete base is your ground is normally firm and your freeze depth is rather shallow. Install the poles with a sledgehammer and a plumb.

Anyway, perhaps someone who actually installs fences for a living can point you in the right direction?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2fzat-H6M4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttYtTEsQXOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAUKCRwyuc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8t_70xZlTQ

Tom4Uhere's photo
Mon 11/07/22 08:11 AM
Observations:

-Marked decrease in job professionalism. Mostly in public service jobs at the employee-customer level, which is what many consumers notice.
-/- there are probably many in-house factors which contribute to this including...
~ employers attempting to maintain or exceed prior profits by reducing staff
~ employers reducing stock levels
~ loss of benefits and incentives to employees
~ reduced number of employees with longer shifts and less time off.
~ infrequent pay raises with higher responsibility
+ people accepting jobs they really don't want to do because their preferred jobs are now over-manned. A lost of professionals lost years of seniority when laid off during the pandemic. Bills piled up and they were forced to take any job available to make ends meet and now they are stuck in a rut, unable to climb back out.

-Healthcare has ramped up aggressive campaigning. offering less as 'more' and selling it as a new benefit.
~ the VA healthcare system in my area now floods my email with 'advertisements of what they think I need. Yet, they pushed my appointment back from Oct to next February. They 'push' tele-appointments as if that is a 'good' thing. Not sure about you but I prefer to actually 'see' my Dr in person.
~ Signa Medicare Advantage+ has flooded my mailbox with incentives and 'benefits' trying to convince me to make multiple appointments yet when I call my Signa PCP I get no answer. I've even seen Rx drugs on 'sale'? Pharmacy billboards are popping up.
~ Both healthcare systems I use campaigned a 'warning' about a "Monkey Pox" outbreak trying to increase patient visits thru more 'pandemic' fearmongering. My kids have told me they even instituted mandatory screening for Monkey Pox in my grandchildren's schools. That was 8 months ago.
People didn't fall for it and now, magically, the Monkey Pox scare has disappeared.

Personally, I don't watch broadcast TV or listen to Broadcast Radio. I'm almost willing to be both are filled with fearmongering and aggressive advertising.

-During the Lunch and Dinner hours I've noticed local fast food restaurant drive-thru lines are wrapped around the buildings and often down the street, yet the lobby dining areas are open to the public.
~ Normal eat-in restaurants all now have online ordering and lines at their new pick-up windows yet they are all open for in-house dining.
~ Many really good restaurants have closed during the pandemic and still have not reopened. Hell, the local Pizza Hut is only open on weekends now (most likely because during the pandemic they has a huge rush and their quality went down causing people to no longer trust them){I ordered a pie there and it was not only cold when I got it, the toppings were lopsided like they just didn't care, so I stopped buying pizza from them}.
~ then you have the fact fast food prices have doubled.

-Dollar Tree no longer has anything for $1. Its all now $1.25 or more and they scrapped off the Dollar reference from their sign.
~ Rent went way up
~ Electricity went up
~ Water went up
~ Clothing prices went up
~ Used car prices went up (Most used car dealers WANT you to buy on a loan)
~ Bank Savings interest rates stayed the same but loan interest rates went up
~ Internet ISP went up (I don't use cable, phone or satellite services)
~ Nearly everything you can spend money for has gone up, yet...
! My fixed income has stayed the same all year and the last raise (Jan 1) equaled out to $2 per day.

I look at other people in the stores and they seem to be oblivious to the fact everything has gone up in cost so much, so fast.

The 'Powers That Be' have failed to realize this rubber band can only stretch so far till it breaks.

Fortunately, I'm personally not hurting yet, but I do see it coming unless things start to change for the better.

Anyone who can't see the changes is either in denial or oblivious to the world around them. When it does rear its ugly head, it will probably be too late, too far gone for them to actually do anything about it. Then you will also be dealing with civil unrest and panic.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25