Community > Posts By > Smartazzjohn

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 01/19/22 03:09 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Wed 01/19/22 03:10 PM
The answer to why none of the "activists" aren't having rallies and protests in Chicago, and other cities where black people, both kids and adults, are being shot and/or killed seems obvious to me.

Groups like BLM, NAACP leaders, Al Sharpton etc. don't seem interested unless there is monetary gain to be had. They are opportunists, not activists. As the saying goes "just follow the money".

Take Al Sharpton who in 2004 got himself a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom for his 50th birthday. This is the most expensive production car in the world, with a base price of $475,000. I guess he needs to get to his church to preach to his congregation....oh wait, he doesn't have a church or a congregation.

As protests broke out across the country in the name of Black Lives Matter, the group’s co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors, went on a real estate buying binge, snagging four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone. It was also reported the self-described Marxist eyed property in the Bahamas at an ultra-exclusive resort where Justin Timberlake and Tiger Woods both have homes.

Then there is Jesse Jackson’s who's net worth in 2022 is $10 million.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 01/13/22 09:38 AM

No. Biden's approval is above 42%, and still three points higher than Trump was at the end of his first year.

Hi mortman, here’s an update on joe Biden’s approval in America. From the quinnipiac poll ratings … 33% approve of his job performance. That’s 2 out of 3 people think he sucks, now they are wanting Hillary to run in 2024. She was rejected twice for president and they want her to run again. This shows how disgusting and revolting the Democratic Party has become. The only thing they can do now is to distract the people from his failure and try to make people think that unless you strip all safety protocols from our voting process that we are racists . It won’t work, people see thru his hollow rants of voters rights being taken away from minorities.

While it's reported that the latest Quinnipiac poll shows Biden with a 33% percent approval rating other polls do show him with a higher rating. However he is underwater in every poll I've seen and they show his approval trending downward.
Here is an older article showing how polls vary
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president-biden-job-approval-7320.html#!

Personally I don't trust polls because the results too often are dependent on how the questions are asked.

That being said Biden seems to be his worse enemy as shown with his speech in Georgia this week. He basically compared ANYONE who doesn't support his voting bill which would nationalize elections is a racist, a segregationist and anti democratic. His demonetization of about half of Americans divides the country which diametrically opposite of what he campaigned on doing.

Unless when he said he wanted to unite the country he meant he would do it the way it's done in China.....forced unity.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 01/13/22 08:56 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Thu 01/13/22 08:57 AM

Good for you and your research. Maybe post some links to back up your claims? (instructions on how to add links to your posts)

The TCJA tax cuts for individuals expire in 2025, while the corporate taxes will keep going, and the "Jobs" part of it didn't workout, since Trump's administration actually ended with a net loss of employment (a first!), and most of the corporate tax savings went not to investment, but more to stock buy-backs.

https://www.policygenius.com/taxes/who-benefited-most-from-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act/

Thank you for complimenting me on doing my OWN research.

The link YOU posted actually confirms what I posted about the STANDARD deduction for individuals....which HELPED lower the tax burden of LOWER INCOME people who DON'T itemize on their tax returns. That alone shows YOU were wrong when you said the tax cuts "only got tax cuts for the rich" who DON'T use the STANDARD deduction.

https://www.heritage.org/taxes/commentary/1-chart-how-much-the-rich-pay-taxes

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 01/12/22 10:34 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Wed 01/12/22 10:37 AM

Meh. Biden's been making gaffs his whole career. Still got a trillion-dollar infrastructure law passed. The last guy kept lying and misspeaking and only got tax cuts for the rich. But, sure. Biden's the mentally-challenged one.

You really need to start doing your own research instead of what you hear or read from left wing outlets and Democrats who lie for political purposes.

With the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017" (TCJA), passed by President Trump and congressional Republicans DIDN'T only get "cuts for the rich

Because of the TCJA the standard deduction was nearly doubled (from $6,350 in 2017 to $12,000 in 2018) and the child tax credit was doubled (from $1,000 in 2017 to $2,000 in 2018). Those two things LOWERED the tax burden for LOWER income people, not the rich.

The same people who say the TCJA ONLY cut taxes for rich people complain about the cap on the property taxes and state income taxes (SALT) deductions paid by high income earners, AKA the "rich", in Blue states like New York.

Those same people claim the "rich don't pay their fair share" but don't tell anyone how much income tax the rich actually pay. The top 1% pays 40% of the income tax, the top 10% pays 71% of the income tax, the top 25% pays 87% of the income tax, numbers they NEVER talk about. Those same people NEVER say that most people making under $30K/year have a NEGATIVE income tax rate.....they get more money in the form of a "tax refund" than they paid in income tax.

I'm not rich, I'm not even in the top 25% of income tax payers. My OWN research is how I find the truth because I refuse the let the media, ANY media, politicians and pundits feed me their BS. I don't regurgitate talking points I've been fed by people with ANY agenda.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 01/12/22 10:00 AM

1) Daunte Wright had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery attempt when he was killed according to court records.

2) Daunte Wright had previously been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery, fleeing from police, and possession of a handgun without a permit.

3) Daunte Wright was resisting arrest when he was killed.
4) Daunte Wright was a criminal, not an innocent boy scout.

Daunte Wright should be alive today and he isn't dead just because of the actions of Kimberly Potter, he is dead because of his own actions when he was shot. IMO Kimberly Potter rightly faced punishment for her actions, some "mistakes" are punishable. But it can't be ignored that if Duante Wright would have complied with the police he wouldn't have been shot. It also can't be ignored that Kimberly Potter had never fired her gun before that day while on patrol.

Duante Wright had determined his "place in society" with his OWN conduct in society....his "place in society" wasn't predetermined.
We all determine our place in society regardless of our race, religion, color etc.

think
If you had not taken a long vacation you may have noticed some of us are having a conversation here wherein your points are already covered and we were getting to the finer points that determine outcomes.

My post was a response to you saying "Then there are moments of 'perceived crisis'; where the threat is not loss of one's life; but of one's prestige and place in society."

You were suggesting a persons "place in society" is predetermined by society and that determines the value of their life instead of the action of person, an individual, determining their place in society.
Your premise may be the case in India's caste system, which is largely still in place, where your place in society is predetermined at birth which is not the case in the United States.

Just because I my life doesn't revolve around posting daily on here it doesn't mean I've been on vacation.....or that my comments should be based on previous posts. Besides that I was in FACT responding to one of YOUR "finer points"....get it now????? whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 01/11/22 04:28 PM
1) Daunte Wright had an open warrant for his arrest related to an aggravated armed robbery attempt when he was killed according to court records.

2) Daunte Wright had previously been charged with first-degree aggravated robbery, fleeing from police, and possession of a handgun without a permit.

3) Daunte Wright was resisting arrest when he was killed.
4) Daunte Wright was a criminal, not an innocent boy scout.

Daunte Wright should be alive today and he isn't dead just because of the actions of Kimberly Potter, he is dead because of his own actions when he was shot. IMO Kimberly Potter rightly faced punishment for her actions, some "mistakes" are punishable. But it can't be ignored that if Duante Wright would have complied with the police he wouldn't have been shot. It also can't be ignored that Kimberly Potter had never fired her gun before that day while on patrol.

Duante Wright had determined his "place in society" with his OWN conduct in society....his "place in society" wasn't predetermined.
We all determine our place in society regardless of our race, religion, color etc.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 01/07/22 10:07 AM
While I think defunding police in Democrat controlled cities with high crime rates was idiotic giving more money to police now may be an exercise on futility.

The new Manhattan DA just told prosecutors to charge ARMED robberies as "petty theft" if no on was injured. That is but one of the ways he's told prosecutors to reduce normal felony charges to misdemeanor. He's claiming these policies will make New York safer. whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 01/05/22 09:15 AM

LMAO, I’m not sure how to respond to such misguided info. Up is down, in is out, what a bizzaro twist on reality. Her JD must stand for junior dumbass, and now she’s getting in the job training from Biden and will soon be getting her SD. senior dumbass… We don’t care how many degrees she has, her current job performance is what affects our lives not her school records. And her performance so far has been way below satisfactory. She like Joe are setting records for poor performance in the white house. Dereliction of duty. Mis-information of science , and their blind ignorance of fixing any basic problems. Say what you want about Trump. He had this country firing on all cylinders. With Biden it’s like a 4 cylinder firing on 3. No matter how long you liberals dump on Trump you’ll never change the FACT that Trump was the one that was making America great again after the obama administration made us into “ just another country”. China dealt Trump a bad hand with there release of Covid-19. Thanks to Trump he didn’t slow down and got us vaccines in record time. Than joe stepped in and it’s gone to hell ever since. But please keep telling us all how great joe is for this country. Still LMAO.

JD stands for Juris Doctor. It's the top law degree. The only dumbasses are the people who think Trump did a good job. Whether Covid was released accidentally or intentionally, Trump made sure the US was not prepared for it. He disbanded the pandemic task force in 2018, and while he called for accelerated vaccine development, he made sure to sabotage the widespread distribution of it, even after he got his shot. Never made an effort to get enough PPE for the country, much less first responders, and His staff slowed down their pandemic response when they thought it'd help them, politically (back when NY was the hardest-hit). Trump was never clear on Covid-19. No, trump was a disaster, and any sober look at the record shows it.

But go ahead and tell me what Trump got right.

The US wasn't prepared for Covid.....and neither was ANY OTHER country. COVID-19 was a new disease, caused by the novel, or new, coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 that was not previously seen in humans. How could Trump or anyone be prepared for something that DIDN'T exist???? Using YOUR standards Biden is to blame for the spread of omicron.

From https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/05/the-massive-trump-coronavirus-supply-effort-that-the-media-loves-to-hate/ titled "The Massive Trump Coronavirus Supply Effort that the Media Loves to Hate"

But to read the press, there is basically nothing good that the Trump administration has done over the last three months.
This is manifestly false. In a briefing for reporters last week on FEMA’s work securing PPE, FEMA administrator Peter Gaynor laid out the raw numbers: FEMA, HHS, and the private sector have shipped or are currently shipping 92.7 million N95 respirators, 133 million surgical masks, 10.5 million face shields, 42.4 million surgical gowns, and 989 million gloves.

According to Admiral John Polowczyk, head of the supply-chain task force at FEMA, we manufactured roughly 30 million N95 respirators domestically a month before the COVID-19 crisis. He says we are on a path now to ramp up to 180 million N95 respirators a month.

-------------

I wish Biden would have "sabotage the widespread distribution" of the tests the way you say Trump sabotaged the distribution of PPE.

On October 22, a group of COVID-19 testing experts joined a Zoom call with officials from the Biden administration and presented a strategy for overhauling America’s approach to testing. The plan called for an estimated 732 million tests per month, a number that would require a major ramp-up of manufacturing capacity. It also recommended, right on the first page, a nationwide “Testing Surge to Prevent Holiday COVID Surge.”
That plan was rejected by the Biden Administration. But I'm not blaming personally blaming Biden because I don't think he's calling the shots. I believe he's just regurgitating what he's told to say which is based on him saying that he's not supposed to take questions after making statements and he would get in trouble for doing so.

I didn't like it when people say "Trump developed the vaccines".....it was the private sector that developed the vaccines. Trump did cut the normal "red tape" to bring the vaccine to the market and he did reserve vaccines before the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) were approved.

Facts matter no matter who is president.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 01/03/22 08:45 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Mon 01/03/22 08:47 AM

Exactly right! A perfect example is our Vice President she’s is obviously not fit for that position but because she identifies as a black women joe decided that would be his best choice for his running mate. What a horrible mistake that was.

Kamala Harris meets all the requirements of the office. She's US-born and exceeds age and residency requirements. She's accomplishing as much or more than Mike Pence or Dan Quayle. I'm sure she's not Republican enough for you, but that's a feature; not a problem.

Just because someone meets the "requirements" of a political position it doesn't mean the meet the competency or the qualifications a political position requires.

During the presidential primaries she met the requirements to be president. During the primary the RealClearPolitics polls showed Harris with just 3.4 percent support nationally, and just 3.3 percent and 2.7 percent backing in the early-voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire respectively. Democrat voters obviously DIDN'T think she was Democrat "enough" for them and that WAS a "problem" for HER, that was NOT a "feature" created by Republicans or the MSM.

But Harris has been a historic vice president...in November Harris's approval rating falls to 28%, a historic low for any modern vice president.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 12/31/21 08:33 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Fri 12/31/21 08:38 AM

once again for the brain dead sheep that believe everything the propagandist media tells their flock… vaccines don’t stop the spread of covid. Biden is a complete failure on his no1 lie that he will stop Covid-19. He is a embarrassment to our country.

How about just reducing it? Honestly, if we actually had 75-90% of the population properly vaccinated, it would save hundreds of thousands of lives in the US. Clinical studies have already shown that vaccinated individuals are 70-95% less likely to become infected and are 11 times less likely to need hospitalization. That said, it's unclear how effective these vaccines will remain with all the variants coming along. Even the monoclonal antibody treatment (the one that President Trump got) is not effective against the omicron variant. Who knows what's next.

But Bart, if you've got some credible sources to show this isn't true, I'd like to see them.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data-vaccines.page

According to NYC dept. of health:
The vaccination rate for all people is 81% have had one dose and 72% are "fully vaccinated".
The vaccination rate for adults is 92% have had one shot and 83% are "fully vaccinated".

Even with one of the highest vaccinations rates nationally the NYC dept. of health states "Early evidence shows the omicron variant is spreading rapidly in NYC."
Average daily case counts in New York City more than doubled over the week ending Friday Dec. 17, according to the latest data available on the the city’s health department website. New York is reporting a seven-day average of more than 7,200 cases per day, up from about 3,200 the week prior, a 127% increase.

I don't know where you saw that "Clinical studies have already shown that vaccinated individuals are 70-95% less likely to become infected" the ACTUAL data from NYC, which has strict mask and vax mandates, contradicts what you posted.

I've received 3 vaccine shots, I'm not anti vaccination. Current data shows that the chance of being hospitalized if you are vaccinated is low but there isn't enough data to show "that vaccinated individuals are 70-95% less likely to become infected".
CDC earliest report on the Omicron variant showed that 79% of the cases were occurred in persons who completed the primary series of an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. It was a very small sample size but the trend showed there was a high rate of fully vaccinated people getting the Omicron variant.....the good news is the symptoms are cold/flu like.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 12/30/21 12:59 PM

1)I DIDN'T say it was foolish to do the right thing....I said it "feels like people defending ILLEGALS are telling us we were fools for waiting in line and following laws".

2)I'm not "blaming" people for wanting to come to the US. I DO blame people who break laws, not just immigration laws, for their actions and LACK of RESPECT of any laws. I WON'T make excuses for, or condone, people entering the country illegally anymore than I'll make excuses for, or condone, shoplifting. Doing something YOU know is wrong ISN'T excusable.

3)I DO believe it is freebies is a large part of what attracts people to enter the country illegally. When my family LEGALLY immigrated to the US we WERE NOT eligible for ANY government assistance. My father needed to have a TRADE that in short supply and he had to find an EMPLOYER who guarantied he would have a job for a determined length of time. We also had to file an "alien registration form" every year, and within 10 days of moving, so the INS (immigration and naturalization services) at the time......and NOT do so could result in being deported. My family gladly registered yearly because we RESPECTED the law and APPRECIATED the PRIVILEGE of being ALLOWED to live in the country.

Once again, I don't think we were fools for immigrating legally even though it feels like people who DEFEND the ILLEGALS are telling us we were fools.

Every single immigration law is unconstitutional. As are the "freebies" you refer to. Immigration is listed as one of the 27 reasons we began killing redcoats on 19APR1775 and it is the reason why the US Constitution in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4 only allows Congress to make uniform NATURALIZATION laws on conditions which.must be met to become a US citizen. Immigration is legal. Welfare isnt.

Article 1 Section 8 DOES give congress the authority "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization" but that ISN'T the ONLY authority under section 8. There is NOTHING in Section 8 that prohibit the establishment of immigration laws. Withing Article 1 Section 8 congress is given authority to;
"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

Nice try saying the ONE authority is the ONLY constitutional authority and/or negates other authorities. whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 12/30/21 12:21 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Thu 12/30/21 12:21 PM

Everyone and esp you youngsters........... in my almost 64 years I've never known or knew anyone who said "groovy". scared

You never heard the "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy)" that was released on
October 10, 1966? I think most people over 60 have heard it unless they lived under a rock. laugh
Here's the lyrics just FYI

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feelin’ groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy

Hello, lamppost, what’cha knowin’?
I’ve come to watch your flowers growin’
Ain’t’cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in doo-doo, feelin’ groovy
Ba da da da da da da, feelin’ groovy

I got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I’m dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you
All is groovy

OT: If you are dependent on anyone, open minded or not, to have fun you may need to seek professional help. Also being open minded doesn't mean a person has to be open to what you think is fun. Just saying. whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 12/28/21 10:35 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Tue 12/28/21 10:36 AM
In 2020 Biden said "I’m not going to shut down the economy. I’m going to shut down the virus."

Not only did he break his promise he just told a group of state governors that “there is no federal solution” to the crisis.

“220,000 Americans dead,” he said during the Oct. 22 debate. “You hear nothing else I say tonight, hear this. Anyone who … is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America.”

Overall, more than 771,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the U.S. during the pandemic. About 385,000 were reported in 2020, according to CDC data, and more than 386,000 have been reported this year.

According to Biden's OWN standards he "should not remain as president of the United States of America.”

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 12/27/21 10:58 AM

Happy New Year from Mrs. & Mr. Santa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MlX34MPfU

A message to embrace diversity, inclusiveness and global view that makes America great.

---------------------------
---------------------------

Meantime, crude oil which was at $52 / barrel at the beginning of the year

and is now $86 / barrel

is expected to surpass $100 / barrel this coming year.

JP Morgan says $125 / barrel in 2022 - if the planes start flying, as before the pandemic.

===========================

Then again, if Santa revives the Iran nuclear deal by the first quarter of 2022 ..

Happy New Year!

Oil prices are an effect of supply & demand, and have more to do with OPEC's manipulation than anything the US President does.

Supply and demand are what has an effect on oil prices and OPEC's policies regarding production is a major factor. But to suggest the FACT that Biden DECREASING the US oil production didn't have a dramatic affect on prices is intellectually dishonest.....all one has to do is look at the timeline associate with the slow down of US oil production with the shut down of the XL pipeline and price increase to understand what happened. Biden has asked OPEC to increase the supply side of oil to reduce the demand after he actually reduced the supply side.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 12/27/21 10:34 AM

I’d rather you consider the baby daddy implications over the health.

kindly explain more, thank you.

I believe the point is that YOU should think about someone ELSE besides YOURSELF when it comes to having sex, namely the baby you may create.

If you AREN'T ready to assume ALL the responsibilities of financially supporting a child DON'T make one.....it's NOT someone else's responsibility to support a child you created. If you think the government should support your child you in fact think someone else should support your child, tax payers. If you DON'T want to be a parent DON'T become a parent!!!! Creating a child DOESN'T make you a parent.....taking care of a child makes you a parent.

There are WAY TOO MANY children who don't even know their fathers. There are WAY TOO MANY children who are being raised by and/or supported by grandparents, relatives or foster parents. The reason in most cases is because IRRESPONSIBLE people, both males and females, are creating babies.....people who are ONLY concerned about themselves, the immediate satisfaction they get from sex, and NOT the implications of what they are doing has on ANYONE else or society.

Someone else's children aren't MY responsibility....people should QUIT making babies they CAN'T afford to support and raise, PERIOD!!!!!

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 12/23/21 09:12 AM
https://www.news.com.au/national/were-not-going-back-morrison-resists-calls-to-reimpose-mandates/video/9d7b32776cd68226d6634515e2414627

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says as a country we must move away from the “heavy hand of government” by treating Australians like adults and learning to live with the virus.

“Yes we’re going to need to continue to calibrate how we manage this virus and how we live with this virus in the face of Omicron,” Mr Morrison told a media conference on Tuesday.

“But we’re not going back to lockdowns, we’re not going back to shutting down people’s lives – we’re going forward to live with this virus with commonsense and responsibility.”

The remarks signal the Morrison government’s intent to move from “a culture of mandates to a culture of responsibility”.

hmmmmm I've been saying from the start of the pandemic that I'm an adult, I'll do my OWN research, I'll make my OWN decisions based on MY OWN situation. Finally a politician seems to recognize that "one size fits all" government mandates haven't worked to end or even contain the spread, that to continue doing something that hasn't worked is futile and a different approach needs to be tried.

Perhaps Morrison has seen the early reports that Omicron isn't as sever with most people experiencing cold/flu like symptoms and that some (not all) medical experts see Omicron as an indication the virus is mutating from being a pandemic to an endemic.

I'll be responsible, I won't be reckless, I won't live in fear.....in other words I'll continue living the way I did before, during and after the pandemic has "officially" come to an end.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 12/12/21 08:23 AM
Bird drones watching me is what I'm concerned about.

The vultures disguised as politicians and bureaucrats, especially IRS bureaucrats, are very concerning. They peck away at my income like it's a dead animal and feed to others who won't leave the nest to feed themselves.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 12/11/21 11:23 AM
I think Biden is inadvertently keeping a promise he made.

He is uniting more and more people together who disapprove what he's done as president.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 12/11/21 11:15 AM
Vaccinated or not vaccinated isn't the issue I have with dating since I won't date anyone stupid enough to date me.frustrated

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 12/11/21 11:08 AM
I heard Smollett is looking to become a casting director since he did such an excellent job casting two big black guys to play Trump supporting white racists.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25