Community > Posts By > Smartazzjohn

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 05/20/22 09:18 AM
No, the important part was INCORRECTLY saying WHO was responsible.

It's NOT nit picking to point out the FACT that it WASN'T a company or business, it's important. It's important because non-profits get government grants and that is the issue.

You continue to deflect from the issue in a futile attempt to justify saying it was a business which was incorrect. Rogue wasn't the important part....who was responsible is the important part.

Evidently you find facts unnecessary.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 05/19/22 07:54 AM
I corrected you incorrectly blaming a business or company rather than a non-profit organization. You deflected from that FACT trying to use semantics as a defense. It didn't work.
It's NOT personal with me and in case you didn't notice I corrected Bart on this same thread when he said Psaki was going to CNN because FACTS are important.
Unlike you Bart admitted he was incorrect and didn't get defensive.

No matter whether you are a Democrat, a Republican or an actual independent like myself the FACTS don't change and they ALWAYS matter.

End of report.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 05/18/22 08:05 AM

Semantics? Really? whoa

It wasn't "a business going rogue" (your EXACT words originally), "companies going rogue" or "rogue companies" (my words). It WASN'T companies or a business at all......it was non-profit organizations putting the kits together, and that was the point I was making.

I KNOW what my EXACT words were and you made a point to say non-profit. So, yeah, semanatics? REALLY?

You were critical of ME saying "rogue companies" because I didn't use YOUR original phrasing while YOU didn't use your original phrasing in your criticism.

I have long had a theory that those who accuse others are guilty of their own accusations. Case in point made to justify my theory.

Hmmmm, I see clarifying my original statement, you see criticism.

There is somewhere between little and no difference between a "company going rogue", a business going rogue" or a "rogue company". Why did you even say anything about my terminology if NOT to be critical? You were being defensive of your incorrect statement rather than correcting your statement.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 05/17/22 07:16 AM

Semantics? Really? whoa

It wasn't "a business going rogue" (your EXACT words originally), "companies going rogue" or "rogue companies" (my words). It WASN'T companies or a business at all......it was non-profit organizations putting the kits together, and that was the point I was making.

I KNOW what my EXACT words were and you made a point to say non-profit. So, yeah, semanatics? REALLY?

You were critical of ME saying "rogue companies" because I didn't use YOUR original phrasing while YOU didn't use your original phrasing in your criticism.

I have long had a theory that those who accuse others are guilty of their own accusations. Case in point made to justify my theory.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 05/16/22 06:06 PM
Voters are responsible for electing politicians REGARDLESS of the age, young or old.

Many people in the US say "we need term limits" when in fact there are term limits for congress.

House of Representative members terms are 2 years.
Senate member terms are 6 years.
The only way any politician remains in congress for more than ONE term is because they are reelected by voters.

That being said IMO the two main reasons politicians remain in congress for multiple terms is because too many voters cast a ballot because there is a "D" or "R" next to the name or because it's a name they recognize.
In Michigan we have U.S. Representative Debbie Dingell who is the widow of John Dingell, her predecessor in the seat. John Dingell holds the record as the longest-serving member of Congress in U.S., from 1955 until 2015.....his father held the seat from 1933 until 1955. That is more than 88 years a Dingell has had the seat....is that the result of well informed voters or name recognition?

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 05/16/22 05:37 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Mon 05/16/22 05:38 PM
Semantics? Really? whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 05/16/22 08:55 AM

So did this real news reporter just buy the kit(s)? Did they question the shop providing them if they received the funding from the government for the kits? If yes, did they report them for selling the pipes which is prohibited with the funding or are they just looking to be an alarmist?

First off she denied there being crack pipes in the kits. After the reporter acquired one of these kits.The next day she was questioned about the kits the government sent out contained crack pipes her response was the government didn’t use tax payer $$ for the pipes. Investigation still on going to find out where the funds came from. She won’t be responsible for the lie because she doesn’t work for the White House any more.

And she was correct, federal dollars are not to include crack pipes.

Then who paid?.. Hunter? . Maybe he got a cut rate deal from his supplier.. They weren’t free I’m sure.

So a business going rogue and putting something in the safe smoking kits that it’s not supposed to makes Jen Psaki a liar? Ok. got it.

It's "non-profit" organizations, NOT "rogue" COMPANIES, who are putting together the "safe smoking kits".
While "safe smoking kits" are NOT all the same and NOT all of them have "crack pipes" there are SOME that do have them.
If the Federal Government is going to claim that the "safe smoking kits" THEY fund with grands don't contain "crack pipes" the funding should be cut off to "non-profit" organizations that do include crack pipes in their kits, which HAS been PROVEN.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 05/15/22 12:29 PM
The latest Gallup data shows that most women are pro-life and even are more pro-life than men.

Fifty-one percent of women consider themselves pro-life, according to the poll, while 46 percent of men do. 43 percent of women and 48 percent of men call themselves pro-choice.

According to Gallup’s other abortion-related polls it shows a majority of people are somewhere in the between "pro-life" and "pro-choice" absolutists.

24 percent of women but 18 percent of men say abortion should be illegal in “ALL circumstances.”

24 percent of women and 25 percent of men say it should be legal in "ALL circumstances".

50 percent of women but 56 percent of men say it should be “legal under CERTAIN circumstances.”

The results of Gallup's own polls which don't align is why I don't have much faith in polls. But it doesn't surprise me that most people are in the middle, that most people aren't absolutists and that abortion isn't an all or nothing issue for most people.
But like any issue that is controversial it's the loudest voices on both sides that gets media coverage while the majority is largely ignored.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 05/15/22 10:30 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Sun 05/15/22 10:31 AM

So did this real news reporter just buy the kit(s)? Did they question the shop providing them if they received the funding from the government for the kits? If yes, did they report them for selling the pipes which is prohibited with the funding or are they just looking to be an alarmist?

A federal $30 million grant program was used provide funds to nonprofits and local governments to help make drug use safer for addicts. The Department of Health and Human Services, are funds for ‘smoking kits/supplies".

Psaki from the podium said "crack pipes" weren't included in the "safe smoking kits". When it was found though investigative reporting that kits distributed by nonprofits DID contain "crack pipes".

After the reporting was found to be credible the Biden White House basically went into damage. The Biden Administration is both denying the crack pipes would be included in the “safe smoking kits,” while also admitting they don’t really know what’s in them.

The information isn't hard to find, you just have to have the desire to find the information.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 05/15/22 10:03 AM

Not sure about the crack pipe incident. I must have missed that, and I watch news on both sides.

But I think Jen Psaki was one of the best press secretaries we've ever had. Whether you agree with her politics or not, she's incredibly intelligent and quick on her feet. And (with a handful of exceptions) she USUALLY kept it classy. I found her to be a very refreshing change after the ones from last administration.

None of them have been perfect, and they've all had their moments where they were not at their best. But I think Jen Psaki and Dana Perino (under Bush) have been the best press secretaries I can remember.

I agree, she was very good at deflecting responsibility and blaming others, and perpetuating falsehoods. She will go far in her new job as a liberal propagandist at CNN.

Psaki isn't going to CNN........she's going to MSNBC.
Facts matter and while I think she is more interested with the Democrat Party agenda than facts it's no excuse for not stating facts about her.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 05/12/22 10:26 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Thu 05/12/22 10:31 AM
1) The Democrats KNEW the bill wasn't going to pass. But rather than not wasting time and money they brought the bill up ONLY because they believed, with the help of the MSM, it would benefit them politically.

2) The bill was brought to a vote without allowing amendments to be presented for discussion or a vote. That alone shows a couple things. The Democrats priority wasn't to pass a bipartisan bill and that they weren't interested in using a democratic process to pass the bill.

3) The bill as presented would have allowed abortions until the birth of a child. It would have made it so NO ONE or RELIGIOUS hospital could refuse to preform an abortion.

The bill would be seen as radical by most people, even people who aren't radical and support certain abortions.

I'm not anti abortion which is how many "pro choice" would label me , I'm not pro abortion which is how many "pro life" radicals would label me.

I don't think ALL abortions should be prohibited, I have NO problem with the "morning after" pill labeled as the "abortion pill" by radical pro life people. The reason I have no problem with the morning after pill is because there are times decisions are made in the throes of passion or when inhibitions are lowered that otherwise wouldn't be made. Also there is a difference between "live cells" and an actual life. I have NO problem with abortions in the case of rape and incest and abuse of mentally ill women is rape IMO. I have NO problem with abortion when the mothers life is at risk.

I DO believe "choice" begins with making the decision to have sex. If a woman misses three menstrual periods after unprotected sex, or even having taken precautions, and doesn't see a medical profession that is ONLY her fault since FREE services are provided to poorer women. I never agreed with the Roe V Wade decision (it is a decision not a law) that said that abortions up to 23 weeks was constitutional based on "viability". As medical advanced were made the "viability" time line changed so the "23 week" part of the decision should have never been included. That is FIVE months to decide and IMO that far MORE time than is necessary to decide to end a pregnancy. I also think it's immoral to abort an unborn child AFTER the gender is KNOWN because the woman doesn't WANT a boy or a girl.

But hey those are my opinions.....and there are pro abortion people who think I shouldn't have an opinion because I'm a man who doesn't agree with their opinion that ALL abortions should be allowed.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 05/09/22 09:13 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Mon 05/09/22 09:14 AM
No, actually two men can end the war.

Putin can end it by stopping his aggression towards a sovereign country by stopping his bombing, cease his invasion and withdrawing Russian troops.

Zelenskyy can end it by surrendering and allowing Putin to cease whatever sovereign Ukrainian lands he wants to control.

Quebec, a province in Canada, primary language is French but it doesn't mean they want to be part of France.

Just because Russian is the language spoken in areas of eastern Ukraine it doesn't mean they are pro Putin or Russian control. Surveys in Donbas in 2016 and 2019, revealed that a majority of those surveyed in areas not controlled by the government would prefer to be part of the Ukranian state.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 04/30/22 06:35 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Sat 04/30/22 06:38 PM

Instead of paying off Student loans he needs to put a cap on what Colleges can charge for Classes and Books it is ridiculous what the cost is for those things...

With what Community Colleges verse what main Colleges charges~~

I SO agree with that!

Loads of these colleges take full advantage of these green, navie kids. I knew one that was degreed in archaeology. No work in that field, but he was working- As a Lumber loader at 84 Lumber. They didn't pay anybody there, well. Unless he lived at home, he had to be broke most of the time.

Not one of these colleges that take advantages of their students, worth a plugged nickle.

A lot of teachers in k-12 brainwash kids, and many parents, into thinking they NEED to go away to college.

My daughters high school chemistry teacher convince her and my ex-wife that she should live in the dorms at a school that was 25 minutes away from our house to get the "full college experience". I said it was stupid not to commute and a waste of money.

After coming home EVERY Friday night the 1st semester she wanted to commute her 2nd semester and I made her fulfill the commitment she made to her roommate. I was trying to instill in her that she had a moral obligations to do so.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 04/30/22 03:51 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Sat 04/30/22 03:55 PM

Instead of paying off Student loans he needs to put a cap on what Colleges can charge for Classes and Books it is ridiculous what the cost is for those things...

With what Community Colleges verse what main Colleges charges~~

I have long thought that colleges should be the ONLY place to get student loans.....and to allow students unable to pay back the loans to have the loans subject to bankrupt filings.
That would make colleges responsible for SELLING students a degree that ISN'T worth the cost.

I also think a "lemon law" should be passed that would allow students who can't get a job that allows them to pay back loans could sue schools to get back the money they paid for a defective product AKA the diploma they were SOLD.

In simpler terms make those responsible for student debt responsible the debt THEY created!!!!

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 04/29/22 04:44 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1) Was it the parents or the k-12 "teachers" who failed to teach "higher education" students how loans work?

2) How do people who get an engineering degree, become lawyers, become doctors etc. not be able to pay back their student loans?

3) How is fair that people who paid off their student loans, the people who went to community colleges, the people who went to trade schools or never went to any secondary school to shoulder the burden of people who aren't meeting their fiduciary responsibility they ASSUMED??? When a person agrees to pay back a loan, gives their word to pay back a loan, how isn't it also a moral obligation?

4) Why are some people saying that this isn't a burden on tax payers since the money has already been spent by the government? The national debt owed by the government is the tax payers burden.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 04/28/22 04:20 PM

PM Modi is meeting Chancellor Olaf Scholz on 4 May presumably for trade talks.

Under the backdrop of Scholz sending tanks to Ukraine and given India's neutral stand in this conflict the question that arises in my fool mind is:

"Mr Scholz, you may be on the right side of History but, the burden of a third world war will shift on to your shoulders. Once again, Germany will pivot a War."

will pivot a War? Since when you became an Astrologer?

Not astrology my friend, projections, alternatives ..

Isn't it apparent that with Germany sending tanks, is just a step away from sending ammunition and then training officers for tank regiment commanders?

Additionally, with speculation over missiles transfer to Ukraine, isn't it an attempt to enlarge the war to a blood bath?

I don't think most people here are able to adjust to the fact that Ukraine's causalities are lower than Russia's. Russia is not giving the West a handle like Syria's Assad using chemical weapons; or Iraq and WMDs. This appears like carefully played out chess game by both sides.

It's in this context I think PM Modi's initiative to diffuse tensions is not only bold but necessary. Sanctions are in place, why not negotiate. So easy to send weapons, mercenaries. We've seen this play out with Pakistan, isn't it?

Suggest reading the excerpt you quoted in continuation of the previous sentence and you may agree this is what I meant.

If PM Modi's wants to take the "initiative to diffuse tensions" he should have made arrangements to visit Putin in Moscow who is the aggressor in this "conflict", not a visit to Germany to see Chancellor Scholz. It would be BOLD to confront Putin, it would be BOLD to demand Putin stop his invasion of a sovereign country, it would be BOLD to take a stance against the aggressor instead of remaining "neutral".

If anyone will have the "the burden of a third world war" on their shoulders it will be Putin and NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!! Putin is the ONLY leader that has threatened the use of nukes.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 04/28/22 09:43 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Thu 04/28/22 09:45 AM

Given what's at stake, I wonder why others in MSM didn't make a counter offer.

The pretty wealthy people in the MSM don't want to put their OWN money at risk.
The wealthy anti wealth people in the MSM hate Musk right NOW because he's not inline with their agenda of controlling information and censorship, disguised with the term "content moderation", that they haven't had to pay for on Twitter.

But the MSM has government bureaucrats that are already stepping up to help them. Alejandro Mayorkas the UNELECTED bureaucrat in charge of The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) just announced he has created a new entity to police "misinformation" and "disinformation"....called the "Disinformation Governance Board".

I don't believe it's a coincidence that the "Disinformation Governance Board" was created when a "free speech absolutist" called Elon Musk is in the process of taking over Twitter.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 04/25/22 01:58 PM

Elon Musk now owns Twitter. No more sensoring or canceling of Anybodys right to speak. Can’t wait to read President Trumps first Tweet. One step closer to making America great again.. lol, lol, I love it.

Musk doesn't "own" Twitter yet.....Twitter’s board has accepted Musk's offer but that doesn't complete the sale.

The sale is subject to the approval of Twitter stockholders, the receipt of applicable regulatory approvals and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.

It should be interesting to see if congress make a move to do something they have talked about, both Democrats and Republicans, yet have avoided acting on.....that is Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.

Section 230 says: “No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.”....basically making entities like Twitter, Facebook and even Google not liable for any content or the censorship of content.

Democrats, the MSM, leftists etc have said that Musk's position regarding "free speech" was a "threat to democracy". It wouldn't surprise me if Democrats politicize the SEC, other government regulatory agencies or even change Section 230 legislatively to carve out the current protection that Twitter has before the mid-terms.

The dramatic reaction by opponents leading up to the Twitter Boards decision may pale compared to what is yet to come.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 04/22/22 02:52 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Fri 04/22/22 02:54 PM

Here is some research for ya.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/10/15/coronavirus-study-finds-jetliners-safer-than-operating-rooms/3665469001/

"A new study conducted for the Department of Defense adds credence to the growing belief that airline passengers face minimal risk of contracting coronavirus when flying.

The study found the risk of aerosol dispersion – transmission of the virus through the air – was reduced 99.7% thanks to high air exchange rates, HEPA-filtered recirculation and downward ventilation found on modern jets.

https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/cabin-air-quality

"The FAA is committed to protecting the safety and health of passengers and cabin crews on our nation's airlines. The FAA has strict cabin air standards, and studies have shown cabin air is as good as or better than the air found in offices and homes."

did you read the actual research paper John? Results are not always as they seem .

“After seeing some initial reactions to the study, the authors of this study are concerned about the potential misinterpretation of the findings, based on some hypothetical calculations originally included as discussion points. In particular, the viral aerosol production rates, infectious dose and general assumptions used to estimate a flight time of 54 hours to produce an infection are hypothetical and were not designed to provide actionable information about viral risk during flight, safe flight times or seating capacity.

determining infection risk from viral RNA copies is not currently possible.

The infectious dose of SARS-CoV-2 in humans is also unknown

Finally, the data in this study is relevant only to a single mode of transmission: aerosol. CONTACT transmission and DROPLET transmission are not considered. Furthermore, the impact of human behavior on aerosol transport in the airframe was not considered. MOVEMENT of people up and down the aisles, or even simply the act of turning your head to talk to your neighbor could not be considered. Human actions have been shown to significantly contribute to aerosol movement in the built environment (e.g. Wang and Chow [7]), and therefore the results of this study represent a baseline understanding of how the aircraft air-handling systems impact the transport of aerosols throughout the aircraft.
Taken in context, the data from this study indicate that the airplane environment significantly reduces the exposure to aerosol generated by passengers, especially compared to other indoor environments. However, the current established scientific understanding of SARS-CoV-2 transmission dynamics is not sufficient to calculate definitive SARS-CoV-2 transmission risk from these measurements of aerosol transport . ”

http://www.ustranscom.mil/cmd/docs/TRANSCOM%20Report%20Final.pdf

How clean is the air on airplanes?
In simple terms, the air you breathe on a plane is almost certainly cleaner than the stuff you’d be breathing indoors on land. It may not be as pure as getting out to nature, but it’s better than the air you breathe in coffee shops, movie theaters or grocery stores.

This is as a result of the efficient air circulation systems and HEPA filters that are found on the majority of modern commercial flights.

According to National Geographic, 40% of the cabin’s air is recycled through this system while 60% is taken from outside. On most planes, the air in the cabin is completely replaced every three minutes.

What does HEPA stand for?
HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air and is a common type of filter used on planes.

What HEPA filters do, essentially, is to remove any impurities in the air, no matter how small. A New York Times report and this NASA study show that this includes tiny COVID-19 microns.

In fact, according to NASA research, HEPA filters remove impurities of COVID size with 99.97% efficiency.

But but but 99.97% efficiency isn't 100% so it's not justification for bureaucrats and politicians to relinquish the authoritarian power they gave themselves because of Covid-19.

Unless someone is wearing a N95 or KN95 face mask PROPERLY wearing a mask isn't very protective.....and N95 or KN95 masks WEREN'T mandated on airplanes, trains,buses or anywhere else for the general public.

University of Waterloo study:

N95 or KN95 face masks may be the best way to avoid COVID-19 during crowded indoor events. That’s the recommendation from a new study reporting most cloth masks just don’t do the job when it comes to stopping the spread of coronavirus within enclosed spaces.

Researchers from the University of Waterloo simulated a person breathing in a large room with a cloth face mask on. Despite wearing a cloth mask, the study finds a large buildup of aerosol droplets suspended in the air.

Basically the study found that that the masks, MOSTLY cloth masks, people wear on airplanes DON'T stop aerosol droplets.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 04/21/22 02:47 PM

So Bart ......what you refer to as “pornography and indoctrination of children” in fact specifically relates to sexual orientation and gender Identity . Why the need to twist words and inspire hate/disgust ??

”‘Florida's Parental Rights in Education law, which prohibits classroom instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity for students in kindergarten through third grade, was signed into law at the end of March by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Critics have dubbed this it the 'Don't Say Gay' law.“

http://www.npr.org/2022/04/04/1090946670/what-floridas-parental-rights-in-education-law-means-for-teachers

Here is the bill if anyone is interested ...

http://m.flsenate.gov/session/bill/2022/1557/billtext/e1/pdf

What exactly do you feel threatened by ?? pitchfork

If sensitive topics AREN'T being discussed by teachers to children who are probably so young they wouldn't think about gender or sexuality on their own then why is there so much outrage from leftists????

Teachers, pundits and much of the MSM said CRT wasn't being taught in k-12 schools and yet they were outraged about it being banned.....if it wasn't being taught then why was ANYONE upset that it wasn't ALLOWED in k-12?????

What all the teaching "virtually" caused was parents could see what their kids were subjected to from teachers. There were teachers and their unions who opposed parents being in the same room as their kids....what were they afraid of??????

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25