Community > Posts By > Smartazzjohn

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 02/21/22 06:57 AM

The Capitol Police (USCP) is charged with protecting the United States Congress. It answers to the Capitol Police Board who are appointed by the legislative branch of the federal government of the United States.

The Capital Police Board consists of three voting members: the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, the Architect of the Capitol, and chief of the Capitol Police who is a non-voting member of the board.

The to bring in the National Guard for extra security of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

The Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the United States Senate and is the protocol officer, executive officer, and highest-ranking federal law enforcement officer of the Senate of the United States.

The Architect of the Capitol is the federal agency responsible for the maintenance, operation, development, and preservation of the United States Capitol Complex.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/25/facebook-posts/no-capitol-security-not-only-pelosis-responsibilit/

Capitol security is not solely the responsibility of the House speaker. It is provided by the sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police.

The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, or Pelosi at the time of the attack. The Senate sergeant-at-arms reports to the Senate majority leader — on Jan. 6, Sen. Mitch McConnell.

News reports indicate that in the days before the attack, House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving resisted calls from the Capitol Police to bring in the National Guard for extra security at the Capitol because of “optics.” Irving later testified that intelligence reports didn’t show the need for the extra security, not that he rejected it because of optics.

--------

Was Pelosi responsible for the National Guard not being there on January 6th? Maybe not directly but Irving who "is under the direction of the Speaker of the House" didn't want the National Guard present even after the Capital Police asked to bring in the National Guard for extra security.

So as I said, Pelosi did not have the power to make that decision. :thumbsup:

Capitol security is not SOLELY the responsibility of Pelosi....but that DOESN'T mean she doesn't have ANY responsibility, she IS part of the chain of command regarding security. The House sergeant-at-arms acts under the direction of Pelosi and since he WOULDN'T act on the request of the Chief of the Capital Police to bring in the National Guard Pelosi at the very least is indirectly responsible.....and if she KNEW the Chief of the Capital Police requested the National Guard she is directly responsible.

Pelosi DID have the power to request that the National Guard be called to the Capital.....there is NO evidence that she even made the request.

Both Irving and Stenger did not support the idea. With your logic one could just as easily then say McConnell had the power, but it was a decision made by the 3 voting members. My statement still stands, Pelosi did not have the power.

She wasn't SOLELY responsible for the National Guard not being called in, others ALSO had SOME power to call in the National Guard. She could have told Irving, who is under her direction, to ask for the National Guard to be brought in..the same way she can call on him to remove people from the House. Not having SOLE power DOESN'T mean, AS YOU SUGGEST, that she had NO power.

You can stand with your statement as many times as you wish but it doesn't change the FACTS.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 02/20/22 08:33 PM

The Capitol Police (USCP) is charged with protecting the United States Congress. It answers to the Capitol Police Board who are appointed by the legislative branch of the federal government of the United States.

The Capital Police Board consists of three voting members: the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, the Architect of the Capitol, and chief of the Capitol Police who is a non-voting member of the board.

The to bring in the National Guard for extra security of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

The Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the United States Senate and is the protocol officer, executive officer, and highest-ranking federal law enforcement officer of the Senate of the United States.

The Architect of the Capitol is the federal agency responsible for the maintenance, operation, development, and preservation of the United States Capitol Complex.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/25/facebook-posts/no-capitol-security-not-only-pelosis-responsibilit/

Capitol security is not solely the responsibility of the House speaker. It is provided by the sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police.

The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, or Pelosi at the time of the attack. The Senate sergeant-at-arms reports to the Senate majority leader — on Jan. 6, Sen. Mitch McConnell.

News reports indicate that in the days before the attack, House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving resisted calls from the Capitol Police to bring in the National Guard for extra security at the Capitol because of “optics.” Irving later testified that intelligence reports didn’t show the need for the extra security, not that he rejected it because of optics.

--------

Was Pelosi responsible for the National Guard not being there on January 6th? Maybe not directly but Irving who "is under the direction of the Speaker of the House" didn't want the National Guard present even after the Capital Police asked to bring in the National Guard for extra security.

So as I said, Pelosi did not have the power to make that decision. :thumbsup:

Capitol security is not SOLELY the responsibility of Pelosi....but that DOESN'T mean she doesn't have ANY responsibility, she IS part of the chain of command regarding security. The House sergeant-at-arms acts under the direction of Pelosi and since he WOULDN'T act on the request of the Chief of the Capital Police to bring in the National Guard Pelosi at the very least is indirectly responsible.....and if she KNEW the Chief of the Capital Police requested the National Guard she is directly responsible.

Pelosi DID have the power to request that the National Guard be called to the Capital.....there is NO evidence that she even made the request.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 02/20/22 01:16 PM

The Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

--------

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 02/19/22 03:44 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Sat 02/19/22 04:23 PM

funny how the cops don't seem to shoot white kids trying to flee,
america is a dumpster fire
only western nation that has live fire drills in their schools
and you can go broke if you get sick

Just because the media DOESN'T report white kids getting shot doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If you actually look at the stats on police shootings more white people are shot.

If you get sick in the United States it is ILLEGAL for a person to NOT be treated and there are healthcare programs for poor, disable and seniors.

I was born in Canada and when I was 8 I get hit by a car. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. They sent me home WITHOUT doing an extensive examination because I had not visible injuries due to the protocol put in place by bureaucrats. I bled internally for 2 1/2 days before getting an ex-ray showing I had a ruptured spleen. They had to get a rush Doctor from the University College Hospital in London to travel an hour for emergency surgery.

I have an uncle who lives in London, Ontario who would have HAD to wait 18 months to get an MRI.....UNLESS he wanted to go the PRIVATE sports medicine facility and PAY for it himself!!!!!

And then there was when Newfoundland Premier Danny Williams came to the United States for heart surgery..........yeah the Canadian healthcare system is so good that people who can afford to, even politicians, come to the United States for healthcare.

The Ontario healthcare system at one time was PAYING for people to travel to the Detroit Medical Center for treatment they COULDN'T get in Ontario.

And how about the dumpster fire Trudeau just started by taking away the right to protest, imprisoning and seizing the bank accounts of his political opponents in the MO of fascist dictators.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 02/19/22 03:01 PM

oh poor baby, republicans just shoot up schools

that's pure crap...that's why politics and religion should not be allowed here.....this a dating sight....

I actually debunked the what the person you quoted said with an actual study.

Personally I believe in freedom, including the freedom for people to post nonsense that is easily disproved.

As for YOU saying "politics and religion should not be allowed here" did you fail to see that that the heading of the forum for this thread is "Politics, Current News & Events"???? Evidently the administrators of this site feel political discussion should be allowed.

If political, or religion, discussions bother you I'd suggest NOT reading ANYTHING where the content is geared towards those subjects in the title. Personally I avoiding reading, let alone posting, when I might not like the subject matter.

This reminds me of of a skit done by comedian Ron White where he says "I Had the Right to Remain Silent...But I Didn't Have the Ability".

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 02/19/22 09:10 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Sat 02/19/22 09:11 AM
I've been poor, wondered how I WAS going to feed my family because I was too proud to become a societal parasite. I escaped poverty because I DIDN'T make excuses, because I DIDN'T blame society, because I DIDN'T stop trying to HELP myself.

No one, including the government, can help people who WON'T help themselves. And helping yourself DOESN'T mean helping yourself to something you DIDN'T earn, the something that BELONGS to someone else.

Being too lazy to work ISN'T a "mental illness", it's a CHOICE.
Making crime a career ISN'T a "mental illness", it's a CHOICE.
I'm beginning to think that making excuses for people who make inexcusable CHOICES could be a "mental illness".

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 02/18/22 12:37 PM
If ignorance were bliss there would be a couple of blissful people who have posted on this thread.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/

After a Republican made an stupid statement and was fact checked actual data showed that political affiliation wasn't a factor in mass shootings.

Mass shootings are often perpetrated by young men who are socially isolated or have a mental illness, experience a trauma or conflict that sends them reeling emotionally, and have easy access to guns, said Alan Lipman, professor at George Washington University Medical Center and founder of the Center for the Study of Violence.

"Their motives are almost always, without exception, nonpolitical. And they don’t describe themselves as having a particular political motivation," Lipman said.

---------

Blaming mass shootings on political affiliation, Democrat or Republican, shows nothing but a lack of knowledge regarding the subject.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 02/18/22 10:07 AM
Evidently BLM thinks Jewish lives don't matter since they bailed out a radical who tried to kill a Jew.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/blm-pays-100k-bond-for-release-of-activist-charged-with-attempted-murder-of-louisville-mayoral-candidate/

Quintez Brown wrote “Every time lawmakers vote against gun safety, and thus the lives of our most vulnerable, they show that their hearts can be as cold as the steel of the guns they praise,”

Brown was on MSN-BS with Joy Reid talking about gun control.
https://twitter.com/amjoyshow/status/977583379829927936

I'm glad he was so anti NRA.... because if he had been an NRA member he might have gone to NRA classes where people are taught gun safety, how to aim and hit a target. Thankfully he was a horrible shot and his intended target, a Jewish Democrat running for office, wasn't killed.

BLM seems to think black criminals matter but their crimes don't matter.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 02/16/22 04:22 PM
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/medical-experts-say-michigans-coronavirus-death-count-isnt-accurate-but-is-it-too-high-or-too-low.html

In Macomb County, Chief Medical Examiner Daniel Spitz had a recent case in which an individual died by suicide.

Because they had a family member in the hospital suffering from COVID-19, Spitz had a postmortem test done and found that the individual who died at home was positive for COVID-19. The virus wasn’t their cause of death, but the individual is counted as a COVID-19 death.

-----------
I live a Oakland County which borders Macomb County and read about this when it happened. The suicide victim was in his 20's, shot himself in the head, was asymptomatic, had NO underlying conditions but was counted as a COVID-19 death.

When the cause of death was so obvious the only reasonable assumption is the he was counted as a COVID-19 death was to skew the numbers. The question that should be asked is WHY!!!!!!!

One can reasonably speculate the reason for listing it as a COVID-19 death was to justify executive orders restricting the rights of people.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 02/16/22 10:26 AM
I don't want Hillary to found guilty of any crime by Durham.
If Hilary isn't guilty of any crimes she and her supporters should welcome Durham's investigation.

What I don't like seeing is any investigation that works backwards where an allegation of a crime rather than evidence of a crime is what starts an investigation.

I think Hillary is being smarter with the Durham investigation than Trump was with the Mueller investigation by remaining silent.

I don't like Trump saying Hillary is guilty of something that hasn't been proven as much as I didn't like Hillary, the MSM, and especially Adam Schiff who multiple times at a podium and on MSM shows said he had evidence that proved Trump was guilty of conspiracy and collusion....EVIDENCE that Schiff NEVER made public.

One thing that I have found is that too often those who accuse others are guilty of their own accusations.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 02/16/22 07:30 AM

I DIDN'T go back to a story from 9 years ago.....once again you're trying to conflate what I ACTUALLY said with something I NEVER said. But that is the leftist way.

I said it's comical the was you make excuses for Biden.......and now it's comical that you are saying you "It's not excuses" which you DO incessantly.

You NEVER seem to hear, or admit to hearing, anything negative about Biden. You claim you never heard what former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said about Biden being wrong on most foreign policy issues. I'm guessing you may have looked to see if my statement was TRUE and that is probably why you NEVER responded.

But yeah, your defense of anything Biden has said or done including known statements that are untrue is comical. rofl

I hear negative stuff about Biden all the time, since I have Conservative friends and family, and I read plenty of it here. You guys are exhausting, honestly. If I didn't respond to YOUR particular post, it's not because I'm deliberately ignoring YOU. Honestly, I post one thing on a thread, here, and get up to a half-dozen or more responses. Possibly because I don't come here every day to read and respond. Partially because the points you make may not justify a response. Sorry if that hurts your feelings (this is the Internet--get over it).

Also, if you're going to get upset that I defend Biden, then buckle up. This DISCUSSION section of this website basically invites exchange of ideas, and so I may have a counterpoint to what you have to say. Just because you're all "DEMOCRATS = BAD", doesn't mean I'm going to let it go. Sorry again, boopie.

Also, my mistake on the 9-year-old story point. The massacre that Biden claimed hear happened in 2006 (17 years ago) and I only read the dateline from the 2013 stories I found on Google.

Oh don't flatter yourself, you can't hurt my feelings, like I said I find your posts comical.
Perhaps your feeling are hurt as demonstrated with this new infantile tact of calling me names? And "boopie" is the best you can do? rofl

I don't think you deliberately ignore any of my post however your MO is to NOT respond to a post that there is NO possible way of defending Biden in a response. You are proving my point in this response to what I posted. Even now that I brought it to your attention AGAIN you haven't responded to what Robert Gates said about Biden being wrong on most foreign policy issues.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 02/15/22 06:08 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Tue 02/15/22 06:11 PM
To understand Trudeau's stance against the truckers and refusal to even listen to their grievances one just has to listen to who he admires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqnmfNiaM-Y

Trudeau was asked which country he most admires and his answer "There’s a level of admiration I actually have for China. Because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say we need to go greenest fastest; we need to start investing in solar. I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he could do everything he wanted."

Then to get an even better you look at who Trudeau admires look at the official response to response to Fidel Castro's death.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/statements/2016/11/26/statement-prime-minister-canada-death-former-cuban-president-fidel

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the death of former Cuban President Fidel Castro:

“It is with deep sorrow that I learned today of the death of Cuba’s longest serving President.

“Fidel Castro was a larger than life leader who served his people for almost half a century. A legendary revolutionary and orator, Mr. Castro made significant improvements to the education and healthcare of his island nation.

“While a controversial figure, both Mr. Castro’s supporters and detractors recognized his tremendous dedication and love for the Cuban people who had a deep and lasting affection for “el Comandante”.

“I know my father was very proud to call him a friend and I had the opportunity to meet Fidel when my father passed away. It was also a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother President Raúl Castro during my recent visit to Cuba.

“On behalf of all Canadians, Sophie and I offer our deepest condolences to the family, friends and many, many supporters of Mr. Castro. We join the people of Cuba today in mourning the loss of this remarkable leader.”

--------------

And this clown who admires dictators claims truckers are a threat to democracy? Is it any wonder Trudeau invoked the "Emergencies Act", which is basically martial law, for the first time in Canada’s history giving himself the authority to seize bank accounts and imprison who he deems to be an enemy of Canada......including ANY Canadian citizen.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 02/15/22 10:47 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Tue 02/15/22 10:50 AM

hear ya go Mort. your man is a habitual lier.

WASHINGTON — Vice President Joe Biden said he was "literally" within earshot of the tragic 2006 Amish school shooting in Nickel Mines, estimating he was about a quarter of a mile away from the school at a golf outing on that warm October morning.

Biden, a native of Scranton, made the remarks at the U.S. Conference of Mayors last week during a speech about gun violence to illustrate his point that such tragedies can happen anywhere. But Lancaster Newspapers reportedWednesday that the nearest golf courses are six and 10 miles away. And the Washington Times spoke to an employee at the closest course, who said there is no record of Biden being there that day.

Well, he is a politician, so lying would be on point, but that instance just looks like a case of misremembering his day of golf, hearing popping noises during his game and then later hearing about the shooting and connecting the two. But sure, Biden's a big, fat liar.

It's comical the way you defend and make excuses for Biden's incessant UNTRUE statement. rofl

It's not excuses. It's a relation, in that I've seen several people in real life swearing they saw or heard something because in their minds, they made that connection, like Biden's gunshots on the golf course, I've heard about imagined earthquakes and even plane crashes. You talk to the people afterwards, and they're as confused as anybody that they're wrong, once they make up their minds.

It's also comical how you keep coming back to this story from nine years ago. Hell, Trump spewed over 30,000 lies during his presidency, and Republicans are still repeating his lies. Tell me again Trump really won the election. Tell me about the "millions of illegal votes." Tell me Hillary will go to jail. That she committed treason. That she ran a child sex ring out of a pizzeria. I never heard that Biden claimed to hear gunshots in PA before this last week, because nobody really cares, but I guess that's all you've got. Sad.

I DIDN'T go back to a story from 9 years ago.....once again you're trying to conflate what I ACTUALLY said with something I NEVER said. But that is the leftist way.

I said it's comical the was you make excuses for Biden.......and now it's comical that you are saying you "It's not excuses" which you DO incessantly.

You NEVER seem to hear, or admit to hearing, anything negative about Biden. You claim you never heard what former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said about Biden being wrong on most foreign policy issues. I'm guessing you may have looked to see if my statement was TRUE and that is probably why you NEVER responded.

But yeah, your defense of anything Biden has said or done including known statements that are untrue is comical. rofl

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 02/14/22 09:28 AM

hear ya go Mort. your man is a habitual lier.

WASHINGTON — Vice President Joe Biden said he was "literally" within earshot of the tragic 2006 Amish school shooting in Nickel Mines, estimating he was about a quarter of a mile away from the school at a golf outing on that warm October morning.

Biden, a native of Scranton, made the remarks at the U.S. Conference of Mayors last week during a speech about gun violence to illustrate his point that such tragedies can happen anywhere. But Lancaster Newspapers reportedWednesday that the nearest golf courses are six and 10 miles away. And the Washington Times spoke to an employee at the closest course, who said there is no record of Biden being there that day.

Well, he is a politician, so lying would be on point, but that instance just looks like a case of misremembering his day of golf, hearing popping noises during his game and then later hearing about the shooting and connecting the two. But sure, Biden's a big, fat liar.

It's comical the way you defend and make excuses for Biden's incessant UNTRUE statement. rofl

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 02/14/22 09:23 AM

It's asinine, because the vaccine saves millions of lives and it's such a tiny shot. Protesting the vaccine is almost as dumb as people taking ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine instead. Such Idiots!

I'm vaccinated, 3 shots, I'm not anti-vax......and NEITHER are MOST of those truck drivers.
But in TYPICAL leftist mode people like YOU are putting forth misinformation by conflating being anti mandate with being anti vaccine. Since 90% of the truckers are vaccinated people who paying attention, even to a person with limited connotative reasoning, it's OBVIOUS that they aren't anti vaccine. Only an asinine person would say that the protest is about being anti vaccine rather than what it's ACTUALLY about, anti mandate.

Only idiots CAN'T see that leftist, who AREN'T REAL LIBERALS, who believe in totalitarianism rather than democracy, are trying to conflate DIFFERENT issues. SMH

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 02/11/22 09:59 AM
A recent German study has shown that zero healthy kids between the ages of 5-11 have died from COVID.

For all children the risk of death is 3 per 1,000,000 if they don't have an underlying health condition.....or 0.0003%.

Why hasn't the CDC done such a study and if they have why haven't they reported the results?

Some Democrat governors are suddenly easing restrictions claiming "science" is the reason. That may be true but it seems they aren't using medical science....it seems they are using political science after seeing poll numbers before the upcoming midterm elections. If these governors, and state legislators, were using actual medical science/studies and mental health studies they wouldn't leave it up to "local" school boards to mandate mask wearing by children......they would outlaw mask mandates for the least vulnerable population.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 02/11/22 09:24 AM

years ago when Biden was a senator there was a shooting massacre in Pa. . when Biden commented on it he said at the time of the shooting he heard the shots from a nearby golf course that he was playing on .
Problem is ( when asked) none of the golf courses had any record of Biden being there.
so does he play golf?...well, in his mind he does...in his mind I'm sure he played on the PGA tour

Meh. Nobody said Biden's an expert of Pennsylvania geography and hearing "gunshots" is like people in California "feeling earthquakes" when trucks drive by.

Whatever, he's not wasting nearly as much time playing golf as most recent presidents, and he passed that $trillion infrastructure law, so the lights are on in there.

In 2021 Biden made 31 trips to Delaware. Biden spent at least part of 101 days of his first year in office in Delaware — almost always at either his primary residence in Wilmington or his vacation home in Rehoboth Beach. But it's Okay because he wasn't golfing......right??? SMH

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 02/07/22 03:16 PM
https://worldfreedomalliance.org/au/news/johns-hopkins-study-shows-lockdowns-did-more-harm-than-good/

Johns Hopkins has released a 62-page study claiming that COVID-19 lockdowns did more harm than good.

The joint study involved Jonas Herby, Lars Jonung, and Steve H. Hanke, three academics in the field of economics, from Denmark, Sweden, and the United States.

They concluded: “Lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted.”

The three authors added: “In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.”

Their review on the ‘effects of lockdowns on COVID-19 mortality’ took a broad approach, vetting the research into three groups.

These groups were: ‘lockdown stringency indexes, shelter in place order (SIPO) studies and non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPI).

The process ’employed a systemic search and screening procedure’ engaging with 18,590 studies, which located 34 ‘eligible studies,’ with ’24 qualifying for inclusion in the meta-analysis.’

------
I'm sure the CDC, Fauci, Facebook and Twitter are all conducting studies of the study before saying it's misinformation/disinformation before getting the MSM to start attacking.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 02/07/22 02:55 PM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Mon 02/07/22 02:56 PM
It's not Jews who just have seen an increase in attacks.
Anti-Asian attacks skyrocketed by a staggering 343% – from 30 in 2020 to 133 in 2021.

In contrast in NYC there was an 11% decrease in hate crime complaints against Blacks in 2021 compared to 2020.

In 2021 hated crimes against Jews represented 38%. Asian represented 25%, with Blacks and Hispanic hate crimes representing 7% combined. Even though Jews and Asians are victims of MOST of ALL hate crimes in NYC the MSM doesn't report the facts regarding who is ACTUALLY most at risk in NYC.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Mon 01/31/22 10:01 PM
I wonder if Joni Michell is now hearing part of the lyrics to her Bog Yellow Taxi song playing in her head now that she has lost her revenue stream from Spotify.

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?"laugh

For those who made a big deal about how much Young's decision hurt Spotify's stock price and how much it dropped take another look....I did just out of curiosity. The stock price didn't just get back to where it was before Young's music was pulled, it's surpassed that price. But you probably won't hear that from the MSM who were more than happy to report Spotify had a $2-4B "loss". First off Spotify didn't actually have a "loss", there was a decline in market value of the company. Secondly gains or losses aren't realized until a stock is traded/sold and those are incurred by investors, not the company.

1/25 opened at 188.74 closed at 184.06
1/26 opened at 191.47 closed at 175.00-the big decline in market value
1/27 opened at 172.32 closed at 171.36
1/28 opened at 172.60 closed at 172.91
1/31 opened at 180.93 closed at 196.57

I'm not suggesting that Spotify is a good company to invest in long term.....with a -83.74P/E...13.64 Book Value per Share....2.26 Cash Flow per Share and a 52 week low/high of 164.42/387.44 respectively it's too volatile for my money.
It might not be a bad play short term investors who tend to be less risk averse.,,,in fact if it was bought on the dip at $175 and sold today there would be a 12% gain in 5 days which would have been an excellent move.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25