Community > Posts By > Smartazzjohn

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 03/12/21 10:14 AM
Edited by Smartazzjohn on Fri 03/12/21 10:27 AM
As more women make allegations there is more pressure being put on Cuomo to resign by more and more Democrats. It's seven women who have come forward and the media has been widely reporting on these allegations and rightly so. There is less coverage of his alleged bullying of his staff and other politicians and the fear he instilled in people because of the power he had which is now eroding.

What is being largely ignored by many media outlets is his handling of the nursing home controversy with regards to his order REQUIRING them to accept covid positive people. But it's not just nursing homes that were REQUIRED to accept covid positive people, the Cuomo administration is ordered homes for disabled to accept COVID patients. There are at least 552 residents of such homes who have died of the virus as of this week. At least 6,900 who live in the facilities have been infected.

I won't downplay the alleged sexual abuse charges but I question why the majority of the media is ignoring the allegation of Cuomo being responsible for the deaths of many people. Is it because they have the same attitude as Cuomo had when he arrogantly and heartlessly said “Who cares if they died in the nursing home or in the hospital? They died."

Politicians and most of the media are largely ignoring the deaths.....is it because he was so widely praised by them for his handling of the covid crisis? Is it because he was given an Emmy for his daily briefings? Is it because of the praise he was given by them for writing a book praising himself? A book he wrote while saying the covid crisis consumed him 24/7?
The MSM knows it has egg on their whole face.....they are turning their heads to show the side of their face with less egg on it.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 03/12/21 09:34 AM

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article249637508.html

Texas is lifting its mask mandate, Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday, making it the largest state to end an order intended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

I'm all for it.. yes I wear one or at least halfway right ..

But I hate them....

I am still wearing mines. Houston, TX.

In Texas you AREN'T MANDATED to wear a mask but you AREN'T prevented from wearing a mask. You HAVEN'T been ORDERED to NOT wear a mask by someone acting like a totalitarian dictator.

You should wear a mask if that's what YOU want to do, if it makes you feel safer. If you DON'T feel safe going into a business that doesn't require a mask you shouldn't go in that business.

The cancellation of a mask mandate doesn't take away your choice or freedom, it gives you a choice and gives you freedom.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 03/12/21 08:32 AM
The NY Times has an article titles "Here’s a fact-check of Biden’s first prime-time White House address."

I was kinda surprised to see that "news paper" who basically acts like an arm of the DNC had an article that pointed out any "exaggeration" and "misleading" statements by Biden. Of coarse if it was a Republican president, ANY Republican president, those same statements by Biden would have been called lies in the article.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 03/10/21 06:53 PM
BRB...I need to google something. I don't remember what sex is. laugh

Smartazzjohn's photo
Wed 03/10/21 06:47 PM

With some people you can tell their guilty just by the way carry themselves

The definition of cancel culture.

and p.s. I’m not a fan of cuomo.

The definition of cancel culture is doing away with something that someone doesn’t believe in . What I did was make a educated guess from witnessing the lies he told and the many times he put the blame on everyone but him when he is responsible for his own inept leadership.

You’re entire statement, regardless of who, is what cancel culture is all about.

Call it what ever you want. It’s an opinion, something some people have a hard time accepting without putting a label on it. I’m not canceling anyone, I want him to stick around and face the consequences that should be coming his way. So aim your insinuations towards the liberal elites that want to erase our founding fathers and traditional American values from history.

Do you not see the hiprocrisy in your words here? You label everything you don’t believe in when
others give their opinion. And to say you can tell if someone is guilty by the way they carry themselves?
For the most part, no thank you, that’s just a complete disregard for our judicial system, and
exactly what cancel culture is. Opinion, yes, but it’s what cancel culture is built on. And America
does have a history, and still we evolve. Somethings that were acceptable in the past, even when
it’s history, doesn’t make it American values, like racism and slavery, for example. If you consider that an
American value, I really don’t have words.

Because I believe someone is guilty of what they have been accused of is disregard for our judicial system? Wrong again, that is how our judicial system works. Prosecutors believe a suspect IS guilty , defense attorneys think their client ( the suspect) is innocent. That is why we have courts and judges. Here’s another shocker. I thought OJ was guilty. Most people do form an opinion on matters that affect us or what we think is right or wrong. Americas history is far greater than you give credit for. Why do Democrats only point out slavery and racism as American history. How about the fact that we are the most charitable and generous country ever. We fight for other country’s freedom. We get involved in trying to ease tensions of warring nations. America does more than any other country to keep this big ole world spinning smoothly.... getting back to the subject of this thread . I do think Cuomo is guilty of killing 15,000+ New Yorkers ( I may be wrong) I believe he is guilty of what these women say he did. Weather it’s really an assault or not. ( times have changed and people are much more intolerant of what was once fairly normal behavior) . He should follow his own beliefs he had when he formed his opinion on Cavanagh. Such a hypocrite.

Can you share with me what American history these liberals are trying to cancel? It has nothing to do with our strength as a nation. You choose to see what you want as does the liberal side. I’m just trying to point out you’re no different.

George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Jefferson, ...our tradition of taking in immigrants the legal way. ...conservative speech ... law and order, books, tv shows, children’s toys as in mr. taterhead. I can keep going if you want. Maybe others can add to this list. It has everything to do with our strength. Ever heard the phrase “ A house divided against itself can not stand” when a certain group of people try to erase another’s existence than they are dividing the nation and therefore weakening our society our economy and our Democracy.

Not Mr. taterhead LOL. We evolve, sometimes you have to think beyond the things you may
hold dear that other’s may not. I don’t see any of those things weakening our society, our economy
or our democracy.

So you believe that someone who holds something dear has to let it go because someone else doesn't hold it dear? You see that as evolving? Why can't these people who don't hold something dear just ignore what they don't like? Why does it need to be removed from society?
Do you believe that someone playing with Mr Potato Head is somehow harming society? You seem to think that it's silly to object to the cancelling
something like that but if something as NON THREATENING as a toy can be cancelled because some people don't like it is in fact a threat to democracy. Just because it may NOT affect you doesn't mean it's NOT a threat to democracy. It's authoritarian and totalitarian regimes that CONTROL what EVERYONE can enjoy.....including toys.
Warner Bros. has cancelled Pepé Le Pew in the wake of New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow slamming that the cartoon character “added to rape culture”. Charles Blow is insulting the intelligence of people if he thinks that a cartoon character has "added to rape culture" and Warner Bros. is showing itself to be a corporate coward. Even Whoopi Goldberg ripped the "cancel culture" targeting Pepé Le Pew.
These things may be unimportant or insignificant to you and I (I don't play with Mr Potato Head or watch cartoons)....but they are important and significant to "others" and in a democracy those "others" can enjoy something as long as it doesn't hurt us.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Tue 03/09/21 09:21 AM

sexual misconduct of 3 women....seems pretty mild for a rich guy his age...and was he merely verbally misconduct? then there is the old folks home thingy....the average age of mortality in america is 77....if they die over 77 it was time...

i worked in old folks hospitals for 4 years...they are breeding grounds to help people die of covid....put together most of day...weak, old, multiple problems...gosh...did they die of or with the covid...don't get me started with the covid again...

one out of 660 americans died of covid in the last year...if u were rounded up with 660 people a year ago would you vote in favor of lockdown or no?

world wide the numbers are 1 out of 2500 died of covid allegedly....allegedly....hospitals get money for treating people of covid, and more if they die or were on respirators...

the love of money is the root of all evil.....tempting hospital workers with greed...recipe for disaster...that's why i dont come here much anymore its irritating to think of people mildly giving assent to world globalists doing away with middle class while people write nice things about fauci etc...people hate trump because he is callous but also because he has balls...he is a man with balls in a day when gender confusion is applauded....are u a man but act like a woman, good for you go win a race against women, u sissy....all for now, carry on...

Wow! I don't even know where to start into this batch of bullsh*t and I don't mean just this post, I mean this entire thread.
Why is it ok for Trump to go around grabbing women by the pus*y (his words) over and over and over but you boys want to have a stroke because this Governor has been accused of making three women "feel uncomfortable"?
How many sexual assault victims has Trump paid off (just that we know of)?
But hey, that's ok.
How many hundreds of thousands of people did Trump kill with his ignoring and mishandling Covid 19?
Hey that's ok too.
WTF did Dr Fauci do?
But the worst one of all this is saying Trump has balls, Trump has balls?
So it's also ok that his daddy Fred got him out of serving in Vietnam I believe it was 6 times?
And you say Trump has balls? Maybe but if he does they much match the size of his tiny Johnson.
One of my best friends of over 40 years is setting right here, he's a Marine who did 2 tours of Vietnam.
His daddy couldn't put the squeeze on some old podiatrist that rented his office from him (nobody to say he had bone spurs in his foot).
Trump has balls, we just saw that in Jan. when he pumped his moronic cult up to go storm the capital and said "and I'll be there with you", but in reality he and junior and Rudy, etc got the idiots all excited and then Trump (he has balls) hid in the White House and watched it all on TV. He even had some of his cult in congress and the house calling him begging for help because they were scared and he ignored them for over 4 hours, what a guy!
Oh and by golly there was some loss of life there too.
But it's all ok.
I would bet that if we could look far back to the days when Trump was a kid that we could find cases of him paying kids that really did have balls to fight for him when some one wanted to kick his a*s.
But Trump has balls.
Out of all the misguided, ignorant crap I've heard out of you Trump people saying that he has balls might just be the ultimate!
And yes I know if you all had your way we'd have only one party in this country, yours.
Can you guess what you have then?
I can't wait to see and hear how you're going to justify Trump selling our country out to Putin and the Russians once the FBI is done with their investigation.
It won't surprise me a bit if it comes to light that Trump (he has balls) had Epstein killed in jail, they're sure now he did not kill himself.
Oh and then there's Georgia, if you remember he tried to stop democracy again that time and they're getting close to wrapping that up so he (Trump) can be charged.
I'm going to set back and giggle my a*s off when the SDNY indites him for all the fraud cases they're working on and that's getting close.
But hey maybe it's a good thing Trump had Russian interference in 2016 or Hilary would have won and Trump (he has balls) would just be doing Depends ads on TV.
What a gutless maggot, he's the definition of NOT having balls.
Yeah Mr (he has balls) may end up wearing orange yet the question is if he's wearing an orange jumpsuit how will we see him?

Trump is still living rent free in your head because no matter what is happening with ANY politician it ALL circles back to Trump in your head.......you sound like a broken record that keeps spinning but is stuck in one place.
I have a 5 word suggestion for you......stop smoking and seek help. SMH

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 03/07/21 12:59 PM
One thing that really got me PO'ed is when he basically said that he was acting the way his Italian family did and that it was normal. He acts as though it's typical of Italians to touch strangers the way he has, to ask suggestive questions of women they just met.
Both of my parents came from Italy and while we hug FAMILY members and close family friends, kiss both cheeks as part of a greeting we NEVER did the same thing with strangers. I do have some male relatives who resemble Cuomo's attitude in actions and words...but it has nothing to do with their ancestry, it has to do with their OWN personalities.

Cuomo has been making excuses for his behavior.....basically saying it's not his fault he acts the way he does......the "I didn't mean to make women uncomfortable" excuse doesn't fly IMO. What he did or didn't MEAN to do is irrelevant. It's as irrelevant as a drunk driver who didn't mean to kill someone. If you shoot a gun you ARE responsible for what the bullet does, it's irrelevant if the bullet does something you didn't MEAN for it to do.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sun 03/07/21 10:40 AM

On the first day of his presidency Joe Biden issued an executive order canceling the Keystone XL pipeline. It's his 1st accomplishment and the result is obvious.

Average crude oil prices since Biden's election.

November 30, 2020 42.30
December 31, 2020 48.73
January 31, 2021 53.60
February 28, 2021 60.46
Today March 5, 2021 as I'm posting 65.96

has nothing to do with joe and canceling keystone, actually that was a stupid mistake, cost Americans jobs, and energy as you read.

also the reason oil is high is cause Saudi Arabia wants it high, that is why opec cut thier production back. and when opec had a meeting a few days ago again they cut it back more. so yes they want oil to rise.
its all over the news sites i look at. That is why if your smart make a few thousand on it. you have to actually dig for the news.

((has nothing to do with joe))

Canada exports huge quantities of electricity to border states from Washington to Maine. The U.S.-Canada electricity grid is so integrated, in fact, that when the entire U.S. Northwest plunged into blackout in 2003, they took Toronto down with them . Canada could inflict critical brownouts on Minnesota, Michigan, Vermont and parts of upstate New York, among others. A particularly spiteful detail of this measure — particularly in the wake of the environmentalist underpinnings of the Keystone XL cancellation — would be that it would shut off mostly clean hydroelectric power while forcing the U.S. to compensate with increased burning of coal and gas.

so as you see that is a stupid thing joe did.

last blackout was a few months ago

Yeah, shutting down the xl pipeline was stupid.....but not just because of job loss.
Oil prices like every other commodity is dictated by supply and demand. It's true that OPEC cutting production has cause a decrease in supply which has increased the price. But one of the reasons they are able to cut production is because the XL pipeline was stopped which effectively lessens the competition with regards to the supply. Opec knew Biden would slow the American production of oil, not just because of the XL pipeline but also from stopping permits to drill on Federal lands....IMO opinion Opec believes the United States will go from an exporter of energy to an importer of energy and that gives them more control of the supply and by extension the price.
Biden didn't just campaigned on reducing use of fossil fuels in the United States, he also campaigned on reducing production of fossil fuels, The time line I posted is post election and is in part due to Biden's stated policies even before he was inaugurated. Biden has effectively given OPEC more control by eliminating a competitor.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 03/06/21 06:10 PM

I believe in due process and Cuomo should be treated no differently than Kavanagh IMO. I won't allow his hypocrisy to cause me the be a hypocritical.

What I find really curious and disturbing is that Cuomo found it necessary to hired Elkan Abramowitz, a high-profile defense attorney who was Harvey Weinstein lawyer to represent him in possible charges resulting from the nursing home deaths investigations. He has yet to hire a defense attorney to handle the sexual misconduct charges which indicates he what he sees as the most threatening situation he is facing.

Due process seems to have slipped from many people’s minds. Those touting “democracy!” the
loudest as often the ones shouting “Guilty!!” until proven innocent. The hyprocrisy is astounding.

What a load of malarkey, every Democrat in congress plus everyone of the fake news spreaders pegged kavanagh as guilty before any investigation but NOW we should acknowledge due process before forming an opinion. NOT. IMO he should resign in disgrace and then pull twenty years in federal prison for his role in killing 15,000 + people and for the women he assaulted. With some people you can tell their guilty just by the way carry themselves and this guy is a poor excuse for a human being.

I'm not waiting for due process to form an opinion of Cuomo.....if that's what you think let me inform you that I formed an opinion regarding Cuomo long before any of the current allegations were made.
My opinion of him being an arrogant, condescending, self serving scumbag who has shown himself to be hypocritical hasn't changed and isn't new.
Would I put anything past him? Nope, I surely wouldn't.
However just because he is a hypocrite I won't be one just because I don't like him. I WON'T allow Cuomo,the MSM or anyone else to cause me to lower myself to their levels. I'm not going act like the judge, jury and prosecutor the way Cuomo, Democrats and the MSM did with Kavanaugh, if I did I would be no different than them.
If he is found guilty of ANY crimes I want him to face the MAXIMUM prison sentence for ALL the crimes he is found guilty of....and I wouldn't be disappointed if it was much more than the 20 years you suggested.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 03/06/21 05:18 PM
Would you date a cranky old man?

That would be like dating myself so heck no, I've seen myself naked!!! laugh

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 03/06/21 01:40 PM

Earth is hurtling towards a Catastrophe worse than the Dinasour Extinctions . In such a Horrible situation , If there is a possible Life on Moon would you prefer to Live on Moon with your Family ???????? think think think think think

Nope......obviously too many space cadets are thinking about living on the moon.whoa

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 03/06/21 01:37 PM
I wouldn't date a cranky old man, I don't swing on that side of the fence..... but I'd let him buy me an expensive dinner as long as I can wear ear plugs. bigsmile

Smartazzjohn's photo
Sat 03/06/21 01:34 PM
I feel like posting on this thread right now. Next question? laugh

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 03/05/21 10:10 AM
On the first day of his presidency Joe Biden issued an executive order canceling the Keystone XL pipeline. It's his 1st accomplishment and the result is obvious.

Average crude oil prices since Biden's election.

November 30, 2020 42.30
December 31, 2020 48.73
January 31, 2021 53.60
February 28, 2021 60.46
Today March 5, 2021 as I'm posting 65.96

Smartazzjohn's photo
Fri 03/05/21 09:29 AM

Same old routine; lie, deny and ignore with a few good old spins added in!

And never ever answer a direct question, never.............

Yep, that’s what you Democrats do best Garth.. But that’s what happens when truth and decency have left your party. Wake up and see the truth for once, liberalism is a cancer that should be cut out of our way of life.

TRUE liberalism isn't a cancer. The root word of liberalism, liberal, liberty etc. is the Latin word liber which means "free". The moniker liberal has been hijacked by leftists and many Democrat party members who don't believe in freedom or democracy. They believe in government control, some believe in government control to the point of totalitarianism.

I'm a early 1970's liberal, when liberals had the ACTUAL liberal value of less government intervention in our lives. We knew that MORE government erodes freedom. I still have those values for which I'm labeled a "conservative" by many in the media, many "academics" who claim to be liberal, leftists who wrongly claim to be liberal, and pretty much an entire political party who say the are a "Democratic" party.....which is misinformation. They are part of the Democrat party.....with many members who don't support actual democratic principles of a limited government that represents ALL citizens.

Totalitarians who claim to be "liberal" are the problem. It's the totalitarians who are spreading the cancer whether they are members of political party, part of the MSM, and MOST of all in academia where indoctrination rather than education is the goal.

When retail outlets like eBay removes the sale of Dr. Seuss books over ‘hate and discrimination’ but you can still allows the sale Mein Kampf there is a big problem that is being created by relatively few radicals. Everyone better start taking notice of what is going on with radicals, on both the left and right, because you may be their next victim who needs to be cancelled.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 03/04/21 04:17 PM

Did a few reports on presidents in my academic past and concluded the "bad" presidents actually did some good things and the "good" presidents actually did some bad things. Read world history... humans are fallible. Bidden might get something right

Biden is an idiot but it could all be much worse... Pelosi could be in office or Hilary. All Americans would do well to ask what can I do for America and not what can America do for me... Bidden needs all the help he can get.

With all the bad energy sent his way...God help him.

Absolutely right Ladywind; there is so much negativism from the right and the clueless not even mentioning the cultists. It's sad that people can't realize that our country needs to put the petty aside and work together.
This genius above your post shows up here and says Biden is an idiot, well Biden is the president of the United States, this guy on the other hand (who is deactivated now) is some loser with no photo who pops up for a couple of days and is gone......................who's the idiot?

Leftists call anyone they don't agree with cultists while calling for "unity". They see ANY differences as "petty" and what they really want is FORCED unity....NOT democracy.

They call people who voted for Trump "cultists"......well over 74 million people voted for him. I accept Biden as president because he won the election.....many of the same people who DEMAND people accept Biden as president NEVER accepted Trump as president.

The real idiots are people who think independent logical thinking people can't see the double standard used by idiots who didn't like Trump who are beyond just being negative, they are hateful.

First I'm not a "leftist".
What I'm referring to as petty is the constant nitpicking about every little thing and you're talking about a man(?) who took a shot at defeating our democracy by staging a violent and deadly coup.
Open your eyes and mind, it's an excepted fact that the real hardcore Trump gang are indeed a cult; this is not just my opinion it has been widely analyzed
by a great many leading psychologists.
The only thing you are somewhat correct about is that yes I am hateful towards Trump and it makes no difference to me what party he is a member of, I would still see him as the elitist scum he is. In case you haven't noticed there is even a ridiculous "golden" idol of him now for you all to worship. If you can't see all this as a cult then you are one of the truly deluded and an idiot.
Why anyone that considers themselves an "independent logical thinking person" would support a draft dodging, lifetime scammer and a man who is owned by Putin who wouldn't pi*s on you if you were on fire is beyond me.
Maybe you could stand in line with the cult to have yourself photographed with the golden idol.
Get in touch with reality, stop getting your news from Tucker Carlson and recognize evil when you see him.

Everyone is wrong but you in your mind.....got it.
I don't get news from Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Maddow, Cuomo......I know they are ALL biased. Do you????
You said you get your news from the NY Times......evidently you can't, or won't, see it's become a leftist publication. Hope you like the taste of the Koolaide you're drinking.

You keep making unfounded allegation based on your hatred.....and if you think I'm part of any cult is shows what I said.....that anyone you disagree with, anyone who supported Trump is a cultist. Am I racist too? Perhaps I'm anti immigration too?

Maybe it's YOU who should open your eyes SMH

Once again you are so off base it's amazing; I said I get my news from many sources, the NY Times being one of the many. The NY Times is a "leftist publication"? Because you say so, right?

I notice that you Trumpers seem to think that there should just be one political party, yours.
I have no idea if you are part of the cult, are you?
What is my "unfounded allegation"?
I don't think that everyone who voted for Trump is part of the cult, I'm sure most are well meaning folks.
Why are you asking me if you are a racist or anti immigration? I don't know you so I can't answer your question only you know these things.

Yeah.....I'm not a "Trumper" genius. slaphead

I'm not part of any cult, have you failed to process that due to a cerebrum malfunction? laugh

If I have to explain to you why I asked if you think I'm a racist or anti immigration evidently you are oblivious about what's been going on for the since 2016.

Oh.....and you have been making accusation about people you DON'T know as being cultist multiple times. Perhaps you have a malfunctioning hippocampus.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 03/04/21 03:25 PM

Biden your President said, Governors are wrong to open
Businesses :100:% without masks.

Made that comment on National TV.

All you supporters don't you agree?

This is just exactly the type of moronic thinking that is the opposite of what's needed now.

If you are an American, Biden is OUR president.

How hard is it to see that prematurely opening things up with no masks will cause a spike in people getting and spreading the virus?

slaphead

And Trump was YOUR president laugh

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 03/04/21 03:23 PM

Did a few reports on presidents in my academic past and concluded the "bad" presidents actually did some good things and the "good" presidents actually did some bad things. Read world history... humans are fallible. Bidden might get something right

Biden is an idiot but it could all be much worse... Pelosi could be in office or Hilary. All Americans would do well to ask what can I do for America and not what can America do for me... Bidden needs all the help he can get.

With all the bad energy sent his way...God help him.

Absolutely right Ladywind; there is so much negativism from the right and the clueless not even mentioning the cultists. It's sad that people can't realize that our country needs to put the petty aside and work together.
This genius above your post shows up here and says Biden is an idiot, well Biden is the president of the United States, this guy on the other hand (who is deactivated now) is some loser with no photo who pops up for a couple of days and is gone......................who's the idiot?

Leftists call anyone they don't agree with cultists while calling for "unity". They see ANY differences as "petty" and what they really want is FORCED unity....NOT democracy.

They call people who voted for Trump "cultists"......well over 74 million people voted for him. I accept Biden as president because he won the election.....many of the same people who DEMAND people accept Biden as president NEVER accepted Trump as president.

The real idiots are people who think independent logical thinking people can't see the double standard used by idiots who didn't like Trump who are beyond just being negative, they are hateful.

First I'm not a "leftist".
What I'm referring to as petty is the constant nitpicking about every little thing and you're talking about a man(?) who took a shot at defeating our democracy by staging a violent and deadly coup.
Open your eyes and mind, it's an excepted fact that the real hardcore Trump gang are indeed a cult; this is not just my opinion it has been widely analyzed
by a great many leading psychologists.
The only thing you are somewhat correct about is that yes I am hateful towards Trump and it makes no difference to me what party he is a member of, I would still see him as the elitist scum he is. In case you haven't noticed there is even a ridiculous "golden" idol of him now for you all to worship. If you can't see all this as a cult then you are one of the truly deluded and an idiot.
Why anyone that considers themselves an "independent logical thinking person" would support a draft dodging, lifetime scammer and a man who is owned by Putin who wouldn't pi*s on you if you were on fire is beyond me.
Maybe you could stand in line with the cult to have yourself photographed with the golden idol.
Get in touch with reality, stop getting your news from Tucker Carlson and recognize evil when you see him.

Everyone is wrong but you in your mind.....got it.
I don't get news from Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Maddow, Cuomo......I know they are ALL biased. Do you????
You said you get your news from the NY Times......evidently you can't, or won't, see it's become a leftist publication. Hope you like the taste of the Koolaide you're drinking.

You keep making unfounded allegation based on your hatred.....and if you think I'm part of any cult is shows what I said.....that anyone you disagree with, anyone who supported Trump is a cultist. Am I racist too? Perhaps I'm anti immigration too?

Maybe it's YOU who should open your eyes SMH

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 03/04/21 03:10 PM

Flu rates are down but that is being attributed to the success of covid precautions such as social distancing .. hand hygiene and mask wearing. Some countries rolled out influenza vaccine programmes early with increased numbers opting to be vaccinated . Likely a decrease in respiratory testing for flu and avoidance /reluctance by people to seek medical help are also factors . The reduction in international travel would definitely reduce the Impact of new seasonal flu strains around the world .

As for Texas ... the coming weeks will be interesting to see unfold . There are definitely regions within Texas with higher infection rates and hospitalisations ., such areas Ideally should remain more controlled from a public health perspective . Although covid vaccination is underway in Texas only a small percentage have been vaccinated to date . Programmes should initially target high risk zones as well as vulnerable groups .

Uk, Brazil And South African variants of covid have been identified in Texas . I have no doubts covid will make the most of any opportunity it is given . Perhaps rather than removing mandates the states of Texas can look at better supporting business and individuals who are struggling.

Florida and Texas which have been less restrictive with businesses and schools closures don't have a higher infection or hospitalization rate than California, New York, New Jersey and Michigan. Private and faith based schools have remained open for "in person" learning with no problems while "public" schools controlled by teachers unions have been closed causing a notable negative impact on students learning and mental heath. The results of actions, both negative and positive, need to be recognized.
Are people to live in fear forever? Life never has been and never will be risk free.
I haven’t compared infection rates in the rest of the USA as this thread was about Texas lifting the mask mandate . .. I do recall New York being severely hit at the start of this pandemic .

Sure life will never be risk free and I understand the frustrations that come with loss of control. The situation we face now is largely due to years of underfunding of medical services that have not kept pace with population growth . A lot of fear throughout this pandemic has been as a result of the inability of hospitals to cope with covid hospitalisations ... (Especially the ICU environment ) , lack of medical resources and lack of qualified staff . Perhaps future pandemic preparedness will address some of these issues .

If you or a loved one required care in ICU either as a result of covid or a critical care issue and that care was not available .. .. how would that make you feel ?? Would that loss of control be comparable to being told to wear a mask or social distance ??? That is not a scenario I would want for anyone . Yes it may not happen .. but there is as much probability that it will .. .viral pandemics are unpredictable .

I Sincerely wish Texas lots of luck ... will be crossing my fingers and toes from afar x

It's not about loss of control......it's about loss of freedom. No one is being told they can't wear a mask. No business is being forced to lift their requirement for customers to wear masks. What is happening in Texas is people are being treated like adults rather than like children who can't make good decisions.

Where I live restaurants can open from 4am until 10pm.......no reason was given for the hours being allowed by the government. They must be following the science that covid only spreads from 10:01pm until 3:59am.....right??? whoa

Personally I am in a high risk group, I have been very cautious. If I have to go to the store I do so during the week when there are fewer people shopping. That is my choice based on my tolerance for risk. Others should make their choices based on their tolerance for risk....NOT my tolerance.

Smartazzjohn's photo
Thu 03/04/21 09:22 AM

Flu rates are down but that is being attributed to the success of covid precautions such as social distancing .. hand hygiene and mask wearing. Some countries rolled out influenza vaccine programmes early with increased numbers opting to be vaccinated . Likely a decrease in respiratory testing for flu and avoidance /reluctance by people to seek medical help are also factors . The reduction in international travel would definitely reduce the Impact of new seasonal flu strains around the world .

As for Texas ... the coming weeks will be interesting to see unfold . There are definitely regions within Texas with higher infection rates and hospitalisations ., such areas Ideally should remain more controlled from a public health perspective . Although covid vaccination is underway in Texas only a small percentage have been vaccinated to date . Programmes should initially target high risk zones as well as vulnerable groups .

Uk, Brazil And South African variants of covid have been identified in Texas . I have no doubts covid will make the most of any opportunity it is given . Perhaps rather than removing mandates the states of Texas can look at better supporting business and individuals who are struggling.

Florida and Texas which have been less restrictive with businesses and schools closures don't have a higher infection or hospitalization rate than California, New York, New Jersey and Michigan. Private and faith based schools have remained open for "in person" learning with no problems while "public" schools controlled by teachers unions have been closed causing a notable negative impact on students learning and mental heath. The results of actions, both negative and positive, need to be recognized.
Are people to live in fear forever? Life never has been and never will be risk free.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25