Community > Posts By > CowboyGH

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:59 AM

This is why being good and doing good things to help other people is amazing especially when it is done with pure intention.

That is the core of Christian living. Love God and love your neighbor. Any one not trying to live that lifestyle is not trying to follow Christ.
If you study the history of the Catholic and protestant religions, you will see they do not teach what is in the bible. Christ said this was going to happen. Thousands of religions acknowledging Christ is the messiah, teaching all about what he did, but not teaching his message.

Matthew 24:5

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.
everybody says their own religion is the one.

There is but "God"... it's not about "religion"... But as God has told us "and will deceive many"
so basically your saying all religions are wrong but yours is right?

Don't know, don't follow a religion. I follow my God's instructions the best I can. If you wish to call that my religion, so be it. But nobody can tell you their religion is the right one over yours or another's, simply won't work. So if you're asking if by me obeying and worshipping Jesus Christ over other "false Gods" then yes. One has to find God themselves. People can preach to you all day, but at the end, it's gonna be you that makes the choice on what you believe.
so you basically answered yes you think your Christian religion is the true one and all the rest are false. at least were clear on that.

I know not if the "Christian" faith is true or not. Again, I don't follow religion, I obey my God Jesus Christ.
but you follow him in the Christian bible and you call yourself a Christian hence you are a member of the Christian following, and if I am not wrong that means your following a religion.???

I don't call myself a "Christian". Yes in the world we have in it's nac for giving people titles I'm considered a Christian. But again, I don't obey or follow a religion. I obey and follow what my God has said on such things. I don't obey the preacher, just because he said something was wrong to do or that we were to do it necessarily. I obey my God the best of my ability to do as he says is right and stray from what he has informed us to be detestable to him.
do you go to a man made church sit in a man made pew and listen to the man give his thoughts on the bible??? you follow religion because your a Christian who follows the Christian bible. if im wrong then go to a synagogue and read your bible there ???

I don't go to church. God isn't in a building, know ye not that ye body is the temple of God and the Holy Spirit dwelleth within?

Finding God, learning about God, and everything else about God can't be found in a church. It's a good place to study and worship as it's mainly for communing with other people. But God doesn't dwell in a man made building. One can't find God by just going to church, it's an every day walk to God and then walk with God.
we actually agree on this lol

lol amen :)

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:58 AM

he was a vicar, he came up to me today at the school gates and said I have lovely children, (they are friends with his children) we talked for a bit then he started with the do I go to church, I told him no because I don't believe in god he didn't seem fazed he just smiled and said why. I then said do you really want to know and he said of course. I laughed a little and told him but one of the things I said was how can I follow a god (if he exists) that would allow people to preach hate about people who are gay. again he didn't seem fazed he just looked at me and said god is infallible he would not and will never create a person in his own image and get it wrong. everyone has a reason for being here from the baby that lived for 20 mins to the gay man who lives with his husband to the old woman who has lived a hundred years or more. he made no mistakes with these people. he also said he made no mistake with me. at this I had a couple of tears and then he went on to say he does not and will never preach hate, because that is not what god is about. I asked him (I don't know why) should I go to church?, and this is what he said, no two people should be unequally yoked, and what I mean by that is god does not want someone without hate in their heart to be with someone who has hate in their heart its that simple. he was a very interesting man and he is now a friend of mine.

God doesn't hate homosexuals, he died so they could live ever more and everyone else as well. He detests that specific action, but for the person themselves God's already paid their debt if they accept his gift and turn away from their sinful ways. There is nothing sinful about wanting to be with someone, even the same gender. Not saying in a manner of "lusting" after them, but for the mere thought itself is not sinful per say. It's the physical action(s) done between the two that are sinful. And it's not even specifically the physical action between two of the same gender, it merely boils down to God only permits sex between two that are married. And God never sanctified marriage between two of the same gender. Regardless if some states in the USA and maybe across the world are recognizing same sex marriages either, God doesn't change. Nor did he instruct for such a change, so there is no proof that those marriages are even worth the paper they are written on.

would you attend a church bring and buy sale so they could afford a new roof lets say as an example?

I'm guessing you're asking "if the church was selling stuff in the church for a new roof, would I go and buy something"?

Absolutely not, the church is for worship. Not for money gain, even if that money is going to be used for the church itself.

God has even told us about this
Luke 19
45 And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;

46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves

You know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing(s) over and over and expecting a different result.
but the church the Christian church down the road has sales every summer to raise money to feed the homeless through the winter in their hot lunch scheme. they also have a stay and play that meets in the church and it costs 1 pound. they also have a Kaleigh dance (not sure how to spell it because its welsh. what im saying is things change and for good reason. gay people were persecuted and still are in some places now gay people can get married and so they should. and Christians are not well hopefully not beating slaves that are indebted to them or taking extremely young wives. some things change for good reason. now definition of insanity well that's what you do when you pray over and over again expecting different results isn't it ??? I myself am only having discussions with people like yourself.

Just because the "Christian" church down the road is doing it, doesn't make it right or any less of a sinful action. For God has warned us again such things.

And "Christians" don't persecute nobody, gay or otherwise. For our Christ has told us "Judge not, less ye be judged. For what judgment we pass on them, will be measured back on us". Not worded exactly like that, but if needed will look the verse up for you.
don't they oh well history must be wrong then.

Not saying people don't do as mentioned. But a "Christian" would not. As again our "Christ" has told us to judge not. Please don't confuse people's actions with God's instructions, not always the same thing even if they claim it to be so.
but in the bible it is so, it says (not going to give exact scripture readings here) but it says basically don't trust or do business with Jews. and a lot of other stuff. people took this and followed what it says and mistreated the Jewish people over many many years because the book told them to.

I can guarantee the scriptures don't say such a thing. And if it says a similar instance, it's being taken out of context. As Jews are God's chosen people.

Eternal life was first given to the jews, the entire old testament/covenant is for the jews. Again, the only thing that has to do with Christians specifically is found in the new testament/covenant as that is where our "Christ" came into the picture.

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:54 AM

This is why being good and doing good things to help other people is amazing especially when it is done with pure intention.

That is the core of Christian living. Love God and love your neighbor. Any one not trying to live that lifestyle is not trying to follow Christ.
If you study the history of the Catholic and protestant religions, you will see they do not teach what is in the bible. Christ said this was going to happen. Thousands of religions acknowledging Christ is the messiah, teaching all about what he did, but not teaching his message.

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

There is but "God"... it's not about "religion"... But as God has told us "and will deceive many"

Don't know, don't follow a religion. I follow my God's instructions the best I can. If you wish to call that my religion, so be it. But nobody can tell you their religion is the right one over yours or another's, simply won't work. So if you're asking if by me obeying and worshipping Jesus Christ over other "false Gods" then yes. One has to find God themselves. People can preach to you all day, but at the end, it's gonna be you that makes the choice on what you believe.
so you basically answered yes you think your Christian religion is the true one and all the rest are false. at least were clear on that.

I know not if the "Christian" faith is true or not. Again, I don't follow religion, I obey my God Jesus Christ.
but you follow him in the Christian bible and you call yourself a Christian hence you are a member of the Christian following, and if I am not wrong that means your following a religion.???

I don't call myself a "Christian". Yes in the world we have in it's nac for giving people titles I'm considered a Christian. But again, I don't obey or follow a religion. I obey and follow what my God has said on such things. I don't obey the preacher, just because he said something was wrong to do or that we were to do it necessarily. I obey my God the best of my ability to do as he says is right and stray from what he has informed us to be detestable to him.
do you go to a man made church sit in a man made pew and listen to the man give his thoughts on the bible??? you follow religion because your a Christian who follows the Christian bible. if im wrong then go to a synagogue and read your bible there ???

I don't go to church. God isn't in a building, know ye not that ye body is the temple of God and the Holy Spirit dwelleth within?

Finding God, learning about God, and everything else about God can't be found in a church. It's a good place to study and worship as it's mainly for communing with other people. But God doesn't dwell in a man made building. One can't find God by just going to church, it's an every day walk to God and then walk with God.

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:41 AM

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:37 AM

he was a vicar, he came up to me today at the school gates and said I have lovely children, (they are friends with his children) we talked for a bit then he started with the do I go to church, I told him no because I don't believe in god he didn't seem fazed he just smiled and said why. I then said do you really want to know and he said of course. I laughed a little and told him but one of the things I said was how can I follow a god (if he exists) that would allow people to preach hate about people who are gay. again he didn't seem fazed he just looked at me and said god is infallible he would not and will never create a person in his own image and get it wrong. everyone has a reason for being here from the baby that lived for 20 mins to the gay man who lives with his husband to the old woman who has lived a hundred years or more. he made no mistakes with these people. he also said he made no mistake with me. at this I had a couple of tears and then he went on to say he does not and will never preach hate, because that is not what god is about. I asked him (I don't know why) should I go to church?, and this is what he said, no two people should be unequally yoked, and what I mean by that is god does not want someone without hate in their heart to be with someone who has hate in their heart its that simple. he was a very interesting man and he is now a friend of mine.

God doesn't hate homosexuals, he died so they could live ever more and everyone else as well. He detests that specific action, but for the person themselves God's already paid their debt if they accept his gift and turn away from their sinful ways. There is nothing sinful about wanting to be with someone, even the same gender. Not saying in a manner of "lusting" after them, but for the mere thought itself is not sinful per say. It's the physical action(s) done between the two that are sinful. And it's not even specifically the physical action between two of the same gender, it merely boils down to God only permits sex between two that are married. And God never sanctified marriage between two of the same gender. Regardless if some states in the USA and maybe across the world are recognizing same sex marriages either, God doesn't change. Nor did he instruct for such a change, so there is no proof that those marriages are even worth the paper they are written on.

would you attend a church bring and buy sale so they could afford a new roof lets say as an example?

I'm guessing you're asking "if the church was selling stuff in the church for a new roof, would I go and buy something"?

Absolutely not, the church is for worship. Not for money gain, even if that money is going to be used for the church itself.

Luke 19
45 And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;

46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves

You know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing(s) over and over and expecting a different result.
but the church the Christian church down the road has sales every summer to raise money to feed the homeless through the winter in their hot lunch scheme. they also have a stay and play that meets in the church and it costs 1 pound. they also have a Kaleigh dance (not sure how to spell it because its welsh. what im saying is things change and for good reason. gay people were persecuted and still are in some places now gay people can get married and so they should. and Christians are not well hopefully not beating slaves that are indebted to them or taking extremely young wives. some things change for good reason. now definition of insanity well that's what you do when you pray over and over again expecting different results isn't it ??? I myself am only having discussions with people like yourself.

Just because the "Christian" church down the road is doing it, doesn't make it right or any less of a sinful action. For God has warned us again such things.

And "Christians" don't persecute nobody, gay or otherwise. For our Christ has told us "Judge not, less ye be judged. For what judgment we pass on them, will be measured back on us". Not worded exactly like that, but if needed will look the verse up for you.
don't they oh well history must be wrong then.

Not saying people don't do as mentioned. But a "Christian" would not. As again our "Christ" has told us to judge not. Please don't confuse people's actions with God's instructions, not always the same thing even if they claim it to be so.

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:35 AM

Luke 19

Christians are not well hopefully not beating slaves that are indebted to them or taking extremely young wives. some things change for good reason.

"Christians" never did such things. Please keep in mind the old testament was before "Christians" came into the picture. Christians are purely followers of the New Testament, as before then there was no "Christ" so therefore there could have been no "Christians".

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:32 AM

Luke 19

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:16 AM

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:13 AM
Edited by CowboyGH on Thu 07/23/15 02:14 AM

Luke 19

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:08 AM

CowboyGH's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:02 AM

CowboyGH's photo
Wed 07/22/15 11:34 AM

CowboyGH's photo
Wed 07/22/15 11:32 AM

I've just returned from a wedding in Calgary Alberta.

While the wedding was fully recognized by the government of Canada, God was never mentioned nor was a blessing asked.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

It seemed rather timely...

Let's face it... ! If the couple aren't remotely preoccupied with believing or venerating God, what good will come from any blessing ?

Also, the majority of people who do opt for a church-wedding will never darken the doorway again until they're in a coffin.

Amen, if "God" didn't join them together, their marriage is no more worth then the piece of paper that states they are married.

CowboyGH's photo
Wed 07/22/15 11:31 AM
Marriage is eternal. It is the literal combining of two fleshes, combining of two people into "one". That is why Jesus said "Matthew 19:8

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Just hurts me and sucks that today people take marriages and or "relationships" so "casual".. like an ah, it's ok, there's another person out there..... That right there is what has destroyed relationships as a whole. Puts it more on a "tasting" kind of level rather then an eternal just that one kind of level. And essentially why divorce rates are so high.

CowboyGH's photo
Sun 07/19/15 04:55 PM
With broken English, not sure what your intentions are with this post. But just wanted to say sex and love have nothing directly to do with one another. One can be in love and not have sex, also one can have sex and not be in love. So please do inform what this thread is for? And why it's posted in Christian singles as neither one of the previous mention topics have anything to do with Christianity specifically.

CowboyGH's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:48 PM

It amazes me that people aren't understanding. Maybe I am not being clear. .if so, can someone translate?

I am speaking about our approach especially with non believers

Quoting scripture up front doesn't really matter to non believers

As of this day we are all dead in our sins. We will all die and go to hell eg., the grave. Hell is merely a temporary holding place awaiting judgment. Thus why Satan is there, come the Second coming, then Judgment, Satan will be judged and thrown into the lake of fire along with everyone else that did not accept the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

CowboyGH's photo
Tue 07/14/15 06:06 PM

Here's a thought...

How often have You ever seen a painting or religious Icon of The Virgin Mary without a cloth of some sort on her head ?

(Not That I'm Advocating Icons In Worship)

Annunciation, 1914, John William Waterhouse
Annunciation, 1898, Henry Ossawa Tanner
Annunciation, 1434, Jan Van Eyck
Annunciation, John Collier
Annunciation, 1855 Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Annunciation, 1879, Edward Burne-Jones
Annunciation, Fra Angelica, circa 1433
Annunciation, 1452, Petrus Christus

CowboyGH's photo
Tue 07/14/15 05:58 PM

************* Putting Aside The Quote At John 1: 1 ***************

Yes again, neither Father or Son is referred to in the Old Testament.

But remember, Jesus was in the habit of talking with illustrations and often he wouldn't talk without using one.

It was very pronounced hall-mark... Do You agree ?

(Matthew 13: 10 + 34)

Why put away John? There was no "father" or "son" in the old testament. The ONLY time that starts is when the Word takes on a form in the flesh. As again I said, he came in the form of a servant through natural birth. For natural birth to happen, there has to be a mom and dad. So therefor WHILE Jesus was in the flesh in the form of a servant rather then in the form of his glorious utmost power spiritual form. Again Jesus "The Word" was in the beginning with God. There was no before Jesus "The Word". For he is the one that created everything, Heaven, Earth, and everything else in between.

And why the reference of Matthew? That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

CowboyGH's photo
Tue 07/14/15 12:53 PM
Edited by CowboyGH on Tue 07/14/15 12:54 PM

When I was a kid there were lots of women who wore a head-square in church and these women were usually viewed as more serious minded, but toward the end these older women passed-on and very few ever took-up the same resolve.

Not sure, I know Jews do. So it's possible that's an old testament law to cover their head. Which technically "Christians" wouldn't follow, as that covenant is finished.

CowboyGH's photo
Tue 07/14/15 12:49 PM

I agree... It would be illogical so assume Father and Son are the same Being given the excellent quote You've made. :thumbsup:

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Now, the only question to contest is the context to the references of 'Father' and 'Son'.

Let's discuss then the meaning of these respective titles. :thumbsup:

Jesus "The Word" is only seen as the "son" of God when he came in the flesh in the form of a servant. Before that, there was never any reference of "Father/Son" to either beings. That and the way Jesus came to the Earth eg., "Birth". And since Marry was a virgin, no man could be referenced as his "father" and the only other being that had anything to do with this was God "Jesus' Father" so is why he's referenced as Jesus' father. As because Jesus' being himself eg., the Word. Has always been, because -

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.