Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 07:49 PM

Hell, BHO will prolly take him on as security czar.laugh laugh

Yeah that sounds about rightlaugh Couldn't any more damaging than napolotano as DHS head.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 07:19 PM
AP - Friday, October 22, 2010 3:33:14 PM By RAPHAEL G. SATTER and MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN

"U.S. forces often failed to follow up on credible evidence that Iraqi forces mistreated, tortured and killed their captives in the battle against a violent insurgency, according to accounts contained in what was purportedly the largest leak of secret information in U.S. history.

The documents are among nearly 400,000 released Friday by the WikiLeaks website in defiance of Pentagon insistence that the action puts the lives of U.S. troops and their coalition partners at risk.

Although the documents appear to be authentic, their origin could not be independently confirmed, and WikiLeaks declined to offer any details about them. The Pentagon has previously declined to confirm the authenticity of WikiLeaks-released records, but it has employed more than 100 U.S. analysts to review what was previously released and has never indicated that any past WikiLeaks releases were inaccurate.

The 391,831 documents date from the start of 2004 to Jan. 1, 2010, mostly by low-ranking officers in the field. In terse, dry language, they catalog thousands of battles with insurgents and roadside bomb attacks, along with equipment failures and shootings by civilian contractors.

The documents describe a full gamut of a country at war: shootings at military checkpoints, contractors firing on Iraqis and savage acts committed on prisoners using boiling water, metal rods, electric shocks and rubber hoses. A group that counts casualties from the war said the files also document 15,000 previously unreported deaths.

The United States went to war in part to end the brutality of Saddam Hussein's regime, but the WikiLeaks material depicts American officers caught in a complicated and chaotic conflict in which they often did little but report to their superiors when they found evidence that their Iraqi allies were committing their own abuses.

In some cases, the reports show the U.S. military intervening to protect detainees, but in many others officers did not act on what their troops described as clear evidence of abuse.

Allegations of torture and brutality by Shiite-dominated security forces -- mostly against Sunni prisoners -- were widely reported during the most violent years of the war when the rival Islamic sects turned on one another in Baghdad and other cities. The leaked documents provide a ground's eye view of abuses as reported by U.S. military personnel to their superiors, and appear to corroborate much of the past reporting.

WikiLeaks said it provided unredacted versions of the reports weeks ahead of time to several news organizations, including the New York Times, Le Monde, The Guardian and Der Spiegel. It gave The Associated Press and several other news organizations access to a searchable, redacted database hours before its general release Friday."

More....

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/tech/0/APNews/Tech/20101023/U_WikiLeaks?pageid=1

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 06:20 PM

"Myth 3 ~ "Atheists believe in evolution, but that doesn't answer as many questions as creationism"- Atheism is not a scientific theory, rather a lack of religion. We do believe in science, and that all questions will eventually be answered with science if they are not answered today. It's gone well so far, giving theories regarding evolution, geological movement, and the Big Bang, all supported by evidence, but not necessarily endorsed by all atheists.

Creationism does not give all the answers, either. Furthermore, it goes so far as to choose which questions to answer, and discourages the asking of the rest. Believers are loath to discuss where God came from, or what he was doing before the creation. They refuse to give good answers for the many biblical inconsistencies or for the terrible injustices in the world, because they know that no such answers exist. They merely answer with "there are things which we mere humans cannot fully understand" or "the Lord works in mysterious ways". In the end, religion doesn't answer as many questions as it raises."

http://www.atheists.org/Top_Ten_Atheist_Myths

The father always is and always will be. So therefore God didn't come from anywhere, he has always been. And i've shown there are no inconsistencies in the bible. When we show as such, you and the others like you just brush it off with an "well that's your interpretation". So yes we have answered the questions and shown there are no inconsistencies, you just didn't accept the answer(s). And there terrible injustices in the world is through people's actions and whom they serve. You can tell who a servant has given his life to through his/her works. They do evil things and or things against the will of God, regardless of what they say they are worshipping Satan. We worship our father through our every day actions. We don't do rituals and what not. And Christianity raises no questions it can not answer. EVERY question(s) you may have can be found in the bible if searched for with an open heart and open mind.

"When we show as such, you and the others like you just brush it off with an "well that's your interpretation". "

No, it's your intepretation of a fairytale book FULL of inconsistencies...not sure why I reply to this kind of chit much anymore since it's wasted words on wasted minds.

Anyway...moving forward in life.

"Myth 4 ~ "Atheists cannot know there is no God, since you cannot prove he doesn't exist" - Again, this is a two sided coin, but the theists are loathe to admit the other side. Atheists don't need to prove the non-existence of God, any more than we need to prove the nonexistence of Zeus or Jupiter. Can theists prove God over any alternatives? Of course not. Nobody can prove God exists, yet they will stand on their heads saying they're sure. Well, if they can be sure despite evidence to the contrary, we can be sure in light of evidence in support of atheism."

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 05:20 PM

I read about this earlier in the week. Just goes to show how lax our secret service and intelligence is. Hussein the Obamanables people didn't learn anything either when they that couple in for dinner.

Uh.....uh....let's see, you're comparing a couple who had visions of reality TV greatness to a suspected terrorist wanted for the 9-11 attacks that killed 3K people...eventualy launching wars that may have killed by now over a million people.

There's NO way the Pentagon did NOT know who this guy was...after 9-11 if you even looked Arab and were in the wrong place at the wrong time or had a similar name to anyone on the list (except Bin Laden...HIS family was flown out safely after 9-11) you'd be nabbed, tossed into jail with NO charges...for years.

Give me a break...THINK people.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:54 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/22/10 04:56 PM

Toxic substance, swastikas sent to Rep. Grijalva's office

"Police locked down the Tucson congressional office of Rep. Raul
Grijalva (D-Ariz.) on Thursday afternoon after staffers received a package containing a “confirmed” toxic substance, a Grijalva spokesman said.

A suspicious package with swastikas written on the envelope was mailed Thursday to the Tucson office, where about a dozen staffers work. Upon inspection, it was found the package contained a white powder authorities later determined to be toxic, said Grijalva campaign spokesman Adam Sarvana."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43985.html#ixzz138O4n2ZS

We're sorry but that page can not be found

Thanks...fixed it:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43985.html

"There were no reported injuries and staffers were sent home later in the afternoon.

“Everyone was originally given a clean bill of health in our office,” Sarvana said. “Nobody is suffering from shock but everybody will have thorough testing and all they know right now is that it’s toxic.”

The incident marked the third security issue at Grijalva’s district offices since he called for an economic boycott of Arizona in protest of the state’s new law cracking down on illegal immigration.

Grijalva’s Tucson and Yuma offices were shut down in April after a man called and threatened to “blow everyone’s head off.” In July, Grijalva’s Yuma office was closed after staff discovered a bullet shattered a window there during the night.

The Tucson police and fire departments, including hazardous materials teams, initially responded to the call but have turned over the investigation to the FBI, said Tucson police spokeswoman Diana Lopez. Capitol Police have been notified.

Grijalva, who is facing an unexpectedly tough reelection fight against Republican Ruth McClung, was at his nearby Tucson campaign office when he was notified of the incident, Sarvana said. Grijalva was turned away from the scene when he tried to visit the congressional office to check on staffers."

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:51 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/22/10 04:53 PM
Dining with the enemy: Al Qaeda leader linked to 9/11 hijackers 'was invited to the Pentagon for lunch after attacks'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:03 AM on 22nd October 2010

"An Al Qaeda leader who is one of the most wanted men in the world was invited for lunch at the Pentagon in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, a new report has claimed.

New documents have been obtained which apparently detail how Anwar Al-Awlaki, the first American on the CIA's kill or capture list, rubbed shoulders with high-ranking military personnel just months after the atrocities.

Fox News claim to have acquired documents that state that Awlaki was taken to the U.S. Department of Defense's headquarters as part of the military's outreach program to the Muslim community in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks."

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322397/Al-Qaedas-Anwar-Al-Awlaki-invited-Pentagon-lunch-9-11-attacks.html#ixzz138PRb7C9

Heh, yet another accidentally correct reporting by POX! You'd think that POX would vet their stories (with the NeoCons) before reporting this info...oops!

More 9-11 news at:

http://world911truth.org/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:45 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/22/10 04:54 PM
Toxic substance, swastikas sent to Rep. Grijalva's office

"Police locked down the Tucson congressional office of Rep. Raul
Grijalva (D-Ariz.) on Thursday afternoon after staffers received a package containing a “confirmed” toxic substance, a Grijalva spokesman said.

A suspicious package with swastikas written on the envelope was mailed Thursday to the Tucson office, where about a dozen staffers work. Upon inspection, it was found the package contained a white powder authorities later determined to be toxic, said Grijalva campaign spokesman Adam Sarvana."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43985.html

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:21 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/22/10 04:22 PM
Nevermind...it's useless...lol.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:18 PM

Ok Obama says it no big deal because, in his words I heard on the news, "we've been there before..." But have we really? That much water in one crater seems pretty hard to miss. And is this not a fantastic find? And even if we have, the technology we have now far surpasses that of the 1960's.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/water-moon-nasa-impact-probe/story?id=11939079

obama is to busy tossing money up in the air to worry about important things that will help us....

Someday we'll go but for now I think we can't afford it? Ya think?

Maybe if it were oil....but then we'd have to attack it first. Shoot the moon...

funny thing, every dollar spent on space exploration yields 14 more here on Earth.
Computers and digital watches are but 2 inventions that came out of the space program. It's quite stupid to think we're saving money by not funding NASA.

How do you figure? Sure it creates jobs but adds to debt. Where's the money? Might I point out also that our freaking infrastructure is crumbling? Tell you what, fix the roads and bridges and then you can go to the moon.

But we should eventually get off this planet before we completely destroy it...maybe we can send the cons to live on the moon. That'd help...

Oh, I found a map of the dark side..and actually it's not always dark...we just never see this. May already be bases on it...lol. Who knows eh?

How do I figure? Are you serious? frustrated
Ok sparky, think about computers. Think really hard. Are you thinking about it really hard? Good. Now think of all the things that computers have something to with. It's a lot isn't it? Now think of how many jobs are dependant in any way on computers. It's alot too, isn't it? Now think about the world now if there were no computers. Pretty scary, huh.
Now, do you know where computers that use chips came from? That's right! The space program. So, what do you think would've happened to computers if we never had the space program? That's right! Computers would only be owned by governments. They'd be as big as houses and use tubes. And nothing that uses chips would exist, at least not in the way it does now.

So now that you know all this, can you imagine that future space programs will yield future technologies? Technologies that may also change the world. That just might solve a few problems here on Earth.
Isn't that exciting?

Now go eat a cookie and take a nap. Afterward, you can go out and play.
slaphead

Don't be a DW, computers were first used for data calculations for military purposes. The company I worked for was one of the first, the Eniac....but the transisters were originally used in RADIOS...then integrated...then modern computers were born out of that.

Where are you going to get funding for a space project when our roads to get to these jobs are crumbling away?

It will take time but now is not the time.

"ENIAC, short for Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer,[1][2] was the first general-purpose, electronic computer. It was a Turing-complete, digital computer capable of being reprogrammed to solve a full range of computing problems.[3]

"ENIAC was designed to calculate artillery firing tables for the United States Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, but its first use was in calculations for the hydrogen bomb.[4][5] When ENIAC was announced in 1946 it was heralded in the press as a "Giant Brain". It boasted speeds one thousand times faster than electro-mechanical machines, a leap in computing power that no single machine has since matched. This mathematical power, coupled with general-purpose programmability, excited scientists and industrialists. The inventors promoted the spread of these new ideas by teaching a series of lectures on computer architecture.

The ENIAC's design and construction was financed by the United States Army during World War II."

Don't argue with a 17 year Univac employee dude...LOL.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 04:02 PM

I've never voted for Brownback, he's an idiot. Unfortunately, he'll probably be our next governor (that's his current campaign), because most Kansans, for some unknown reason, will only vote Republican - no matter how bad the choice is.

Ever seen "What's The Matter With Kansas"..I recommend it to answer your unknown reason.

http://whatsthematterwithkansas.com/

But it's also what explains what's the matter with Oklahoma, Alabama, Missisippi, Georgia, Tennessee the "Real America"...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/22/10 03:56 PM
"Myth 3 ~ "Atheists believe in evolution, but that doesn't answer as many questions as creationism"- Atheism is not a scientific theory, rather a lack of religion. We do believe in science, and that all questions will eventually be answered with science if they are not answered today. It's gone well so far, giving theories regarding evolution, geological movement, and the Big Bang, all supported by evidence, but not necessarily endorsed by all atheists.

Creationism does not give all the answers, either. Furthermore, it goes so far as to choose which questions to answer, and discourages the asking of the rest. Believers are loath to discuss where God came from, or what he was doing before the creation. They refuse to give good answers for the many biblical inconsistencies or for the terrible injustices in the world, because they know that no such answers exist. They merely answer with "there are things which we mere humans cannot fully understand" or "the Lord works in mysterious ways". In the end, religion doesn't answer as many questions as it raises."

http://www.atheists.org/Top_Ten_Atheist_Myths

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 08:05 PM

the past is the past,now is the only thing thats real

RKISIT 3:16

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana (1863 - 1952), The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

The Crusades, Hitler, The Dippic (crusade again)....who wants that crap back? ME 4:20

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 07:57 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 10/21/10 07:57 PM

Man that chick holding that sign looks freaking hot I'll totally do her who agrees ??

I thought about her but I swear my first thought was that she probably has crotch rot. I have to respect a woman to let her into my lair...

I'm talking about the chick with the yellow shirt .... Now that you mention it yeah maybe she has had allot if guys vote on her toll lol haha but still preatty cute girl!

Yeah the yellow shirt...somethings rank on here for sure. They got a shot of her leaving the event:

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 07:51 PM

Man that chick holding that sign looks freaking hot I'll totally do her who agrees ??

I thought about her but I swear my first thought was that she probably has crotch rot. I have to respect a woman to let her into my lair...

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 07:48 PM

rofl

Look at how silly this fable truly is!

John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

No one can get to the Father but by Jesus, but no one can get to Jesus buy by the Father. whoa

So clearly humans have no choice in the matter. You can't get to Jesus by choice like the Christians have claimed. Their very own fable rejects this notion. The only thing you can do is wait to be drawn in by the Father.

Jesus taught this in other verses as well when he spoke about lost sheep. He said that he would go out looking for his lost sheep, he never suggested that he expects them to come looking for him.

Of course, we can't truly say that Jesus taught any of this because we have nothing from Jesus. All we have to go by is these convoluted rumors written by other men. Men who often disagree with each other, and even contradict their very own claims.

The mere fact that Jesus did not agree with the teachings of the Torah is really all the evidence that we truly need to conclude that Jesus could not possibly have been the son of the God of Abraham.

So we can reject those rumors right off the bat. If we can connect the teachings of Jesus with anything, the closest philosophy that was popular in those day would have been Mahayana Buddhism.

Just compare the moral teachings that were attributed to Jesus in the gospels with the moral teachings of Mahayana Buddhism including their concept of a Bodhisattva and it's clear that Jesus was far more likely a Buddhist than he was the demigod of the God of Abraham.

It's really that simple.

==========================================================
John.14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
===========================================================

This example isn't an exact example, but it's roughly the same thing. Same I work at Wall Mart. You're looking for a job, thus i suggest wall mart... *the father drawing you in.* So you apply to the job with the manager of wall mart *Jesus Christ*. The owner hires you for the job. If you do your job well you get promoted *heaven*.

This is how it works. The father will draw EVERYONE that seeks him first. I tell you of God, that little feeling/thought "well maybe he's right". That is the father speaking to you trying to draw you to him. Right then and there you have the choice to follow the path which leads to our father. So you get on the path... now where do you go? It's ok, you won't get lost Jesus is there to direct you to the way to our father.

So...following God and Jesus is like working for Evil Inc...I mean Walmart.
Good to know.

And...
I've sought God. Never found Him. Jesus, on the other hand, was hiding behind the couch the whole time. Crazy long haired hippie...he should stop walkin' on water and start showing with it....I'm just saying...nobody wants to smell your humanity..divinity...whatever...

In any case, I'm not thinking "well maybe he's right". sorry dude...

Have you really sought God? Have you really truly sought our father? Having no doubt, having no fears, having no second thoughts? Have you really true heartedly sought our father? You don't have to answer these if you do not wish, just asked mainly for you personally to think about.

Recruiting to add more religious nutbags onto the already bloated number of fools who believe that crap. You guys have done enough damage to society already...stop tying to convert people into zombies.

Every time you guys worm your way into our government we get results like these guys:

(sorry but it's never too early for XMAS!)

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 07:37 PM
You forgot your signs!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 07:30 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 10/21/10 07:35 PM

Ok Obama says it no big deal because, in his words I heard on the news, "we've been there before..." But have we really? That much water in one crater seems pretty hard to miss. And is this not a fantastic find? And even if we have, the technology we have now far surpasses that of the 1960's.

obama is to busy tossing money up in the air to worry about important things that will help us....

Maybe if it were oil....but then we'd have to attack it first. Shoot the moon...

funny thing, every dollar spent on space exploration yields 14 more here on Earth.
Computers and digital watches are but 2 inventions that came out of the space program. It's quite stupid to think we're saving money by not funding NASA.

How do you figure? Sure it creates jobs but adds to debt. Where's the money? Might I point out also that our freaking infrastructure is crumbling? Tell you what, fix the roads and bridges and then you can go to the moon.

But we should eventually get off this planet before we completely destroy it...maybe we can send the cons to live on the moon. That'd help...

Oh, I found a map of the dark side..and actually it's not always dark...we just never see this. May already be bases on it...lol. Who knows eh?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 06:35 PM

NASA crashed a rocket into the moon, does that count as a Prempted strike?

Not until we kill a million little green men.

I wonder what's on the dark side of the moon...eh?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 06:33 PM

Kinda laying it on a little thick, aren't you? Yeah, christianity is crap and hateful ect ect ect, but not every christian is so.
I really don't think Cowboy is a bad person. He may be confused and ignorant of reality, but evil? No, I don't think so. Give him a break. He's only doing what he feels is right and I've not seen him once belittle anyone else. How many of us can say that about ourselves?

But he does belittle other people all the time. He accusing them of being enemies of God. That's an ignorant thing to judge anyone of.

I judge no one. The word judges all. And all i was telling was what the word speaks of with this. That is all, just relaying a message. Not making judgements on my own, nothing was involved with any form of emotion *ego, hatred, jealousy* or anything. Just relaying what the word says on such, thus the word was doing the judging not I.

slaphead

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 10/21/10 06:28 PM

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25