Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 05:48 PM
It's a WHISTLE!!!

Comments on the report:

"I'm scratching my head on this one. Having officiated high school football for 18 years in the state of Washington, finishing in 2000, I am hard-pressed to find a rule dealing with whistle color. I recall whistles being black, silver, or white if covered with a whistle guard. They didn't have to match perfectly. Perhaps it's in there somewhere, but this sure seems a silly issue for the WOA to test their mettle. Technically, I suspect Mr Stardahl might win the battle but lose the war. Go ahead and send a letter out to the local associations reminding them to check with your office first, but don't deprive them of their chance to work playoff games. After all, they did ths for an extremely good cause. God knows high school sports officials have a tough enough time trying to convince fans, players, and coaches that they are human. Now when they get that chance, you cut them off at the knees. Surely, the WOA has more important issues with which to deal."

"I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. and my nephew plays high school football. His mom passed away with breast cancer and she went very fast within 6 months. She also had passed right on her son birthday. Also, during a football game, the refs had used a blue towel for a penalty flag instead of yellow. this blue towel was to support another football coach who had passed away couple of months ago and this coach was not from Hawaii and the spectators were wondering why. Now, you're making a big fuss over a pink whistle? At least they showing their support for Breast Cancer awareness month. It frustrates to see people like you to go against it!!! If you are married and have a family,especially if you have daughters, won't you be supported of it?"

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 05:24 PM
Nothing at all funny about this issue...but it's great that a caring American would bring up a horrible problem for all women on this planet. Hell, it was legal the US up until around 1980 to beat your wife...the "rule of thumb". Police in the 1970's did little and considered it a "domestic issue".

Past abuse in the US, "In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner. That's an average of three women every day in the US."

Here's a great site to donate, support or get help.

http://www.now.org/issues/violence/stats.html

MURDER

In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner. That's an average of three women every day. Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

(Intimate Partner Violence or Battering)
Domestic violence can be defined as a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, women experience about 4.8 million intimate partner-related physical assaults and rapes every year. Less than 20 percent of battered women sought medical treatment following an injury.

SEXUAL VIOLENCE

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey, which includes crimes that were not reported to the police, 232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006. That's more than 600 women every day. Other estimates, such as those generated by the FBI, are much lower because they rely on data from law enforcement agencies. A significant number of crimes are never even reported for reasons that include the victim's feeling that nothing can/will be done and the personal nature of the incident.

THE TARGETS

Young women, low-income women and some minorities are disproportionately victims of domestic violence and rape. Women ages 20-24 are at greatest risk of nonfatal domestic violence, and women age 24 and under suffer from the highest rates of rape. The Justice Department estimates that one in five women will experience rape or attempted rape during their college years, and that less than five percent of these rapes will be reported. Income is also a factor: the poorer the household, the higher the rate of domestic violence -- with women in the lowest income category experiencing more than six times the rate of nonfatal intimate partner violence as compared to women in the highest income category. When we consider race, we see that African-American women face higher rates of domestic violence than white women, and American-Indian women are victimized at a rate more than double that of women of other races.12

IMPACT ON CHILDREN

According to the Family Violence Prevention Fund, "growing up in a violent home may be a terrifying and traumatic experience that can affect every aspect of a child's life, growth and development. . . . children who have been exposed to family violence suffer symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, such as bed-wetting or nightmares, and were at greater risk than their peers of having allergies, asthma, gastrointestinal problems, headaches and flu." In addition, women who experience physcial abuse as children are at a greater risk of victimization as adults, and men have a far greater (more than double) likelihood of perpetrating abuse.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 04:50 PM
surprised
by CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News
Bio | Email| Follow: @ChrisDaniels5
KING5.com
Posted on October 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Updated Friday, Oct 22 at 12:43 PM

"BOTHELL, Wash. – Dozens of local football referees used pink whistles at football games Thursday night. Now, their governing body may throw the flag at them.

The referees, who are part of the Pacific Northwest Football Officials Association, are using the whistles to raise awareness for breast cancer research. The referees are also donating their game checks to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

However, the chair of the Washington Officials Association Chair Todd Stordahl says the refs didn't ask for permission.

"They chose not to ask for permission, not to go the right route," said Stordahl. He says the move sets a precedent. Last year, a softball umpire wore a Hawaiian shirt. Stardahl says there are state official rules for what is an appropriate uniform and this particular association disregarded the rules.

“It sends the wrong message to kids that are playing the game. 'If they broke the rules why can’t I do the same,'” said Stardahl.

The decision by the officials may cost them down the road. Stardahl says the WOA may keep the pink whistle blowers from officiating two playoff games as a result. That means the referees will lose game checks."

http://www.king5.com/sports/high-school/High-school-refs-may-be-penalized-for-pink-whistles-105505478.html

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 03:01 PM

57 million in WWII..I guess you're another duhnier of the damages of Christianity.

It takes a low life to defend a low life belief system.

And are you actually blaming the deaths in WWII on Christianity?

It's spelled denier, not "duhnier". If you get FireFox and use that browser, you can install a spell checking add-on to help prevent such obvious mistakes in the future.

Yes I do blame Christianity for all of WWII, It started with the Christians supporting Hitler into office... since he held Christian "values"...and I blame Christians for the Dippical disasters that have lead to these wars and the bad economic situation we are in now...own it Thumpers...you voted for it, you got it.

And gee, make sure you guys continue to vote your "morals", vote Palin in 2012 to try to continue the damage...and I like my choice of spelling of "duhnier"...and I think Firefox is a POS program.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uABf6zvc8-w&feature=related

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sun 10/24/10 08:22 AM

I'm FUC**NG sick and tired of you IDIOTS condeming our troops!!!

For 1 you can't approve of water boarding as enhanced interrogation then all of a sudden decide it is torture after the fact!

Yes there was a few soldiers that did some stupid things but don't put the rest of our troops in that catagory! The few bad apples were prosicuted for what they did!

Untill you FUC**NG go over and have people shooting at you while your defending our country then you need to SHUT THE FU*K UP!!!!!
We do what we have to do to keep our brothers alive. And yes we abide by the Geneva convention (rules of war) that have gotten my friends killed because we couldn't act upon our instincts and had to wait till we were fired upon.

So when you've been in that situation come talk to me! Untill then all tour BS claims are just hurting those who have lost loved ones!!!!!!!!

No one disrespected the troops on this thread nor anywhere else I've seen this subject presented. The emphasises are on the leaders who went into a war unprepared and wreckless then held no one accoutable for the crimes committed, then on the military leaders who should have conducted invesitgations on accuastaions of abuses.

The first crime was invading a sovernign nation that never attacked us...tho~ the fringe element in this country think Saddam Hussein was in on the 9-11 attacks the truth is he was not. This was an illegal invasion.

The Geneva Convention's Rules of Engagement specifically forbids the things reported in the Wikileaks reports. I respect the troops but know from my own service that not all troops act honorably. It's up to the UCMJ and the Geneva Convention to be applied but they weren't.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 08:34 PM
Myth 5 ~ "Atheists seek to remove religion from society, and to force all people to be atheists"

Absolutely wrong. We seek only the freedom for people to make their choice on their own, free of intervention from the government or public school system. We seek the freedom not to support religion through taxes, forced participation, or special privileges of any kind.

That being said, your thoughts are your rights, and none of our business. Wear your jewelry, celebrate your holidays, and pray in your house, church, or in public if you like. Just don't force your religion on other people. That's what we're all about.

This is in direct contrast to many of the world's religions, including Christianity, which include worldwide expansion as one of their central objectives. Isn't it amazing that they falsely accuse us of doing what they do openly, only with atheism it's evil?

To try to force atheism would by hypocritical, since we would be placing pressure from the state on people to believe a certain way. But let me give a good analogy to our objectives and at the same time answer this charge using the money we use every day.

"In God We Trust," is the government actively promoting religion.

"In God We Do Not Trust," would be the government promoting atheism.

We advocate the complete omission of the statement thereby rendering the money neutral.

We feel the same way about the rest of the government. It should be the "Switzerland of the religious debate," while at the same time being the protectorate of the individual."

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 08:15 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 08:16 PM

So sadam didn't kill the kurds with nerve gas?

Saddam gassed the Kurds after the Kurds stood with us in the GW1. We promised them support, arms and autonomy to get their help. But after we left we did not keep our word and Saddam killed thousands of them in revenge. Does not justify it but we let it happen.

And I can't believe people are still arguing WMD's. CRAZY!

Anyway...back to "being greeted as liberators" and "winning their hearts and minds":

"The files indicate that 285,000 casualties were recorded, including at least 109,032 violent deaths, although reports suggested some double-counting. Of those, 66,081 were civilians, 23,984 were "enemy," 15,196 were members of the Iraqi security forces, and 3,771 were U.S. and allied service members.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2010/10/23/20101023wikileaks1023.html#ixzz13F5QoDn1

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 08:02 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 08:07 PM

Hell, BHO will prolly take him on as security czar.

Yeah that sounds about right Couldn't any more damaging than napolotano as DHS head.

CIA hired Karzai brother before 9-11, Woodward says

"Ahmed Wali Karzai (photo), the half-brother of Afghanistan’s president and boss of the strategically important Kandahar province, has been on the CIA payroll for over a decade, Bob Woodward writes in his new book, “Obama’s Wars.”

"By the fall of 2008, Woodward says, “Ahmed Wali Karzai had been on the CIA payroll for years, beginning before 9-11. He had belonged to the CIA’s small network of paid agents and informants inside Afghanistan. In addition, the CIA paid him money through his half-brother, the president.”

Hamid Karzai was plucked from obscurity and installed as president after U.S.-backed Afghan forces chased the Taliban from power following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

There have been many accounts of his brother’s relationship with the CIA over the years, leaving the impression that he is a CIA “agent,” i.e., a controlled asset of the spy agency.

But Woodward’s account of the CIA’s relationship with Karzai, who has also been accused repeatedly — but not charged with — protecting the illicit opium trade, is more nuanced.

“He was not in any sense a controlled agent who always responded to U.S. and CIA requests and pressure,” Woodward writes. “He was his own man, playing all sides against the others — the United States, the drug dealers, the Taliban and even his brother if necessary.”

More...

http://world911truth.org/cia-hired-karzai-brother-before-911-woodward-says/

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 07:32 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 07:32 PM
All those eyes yet...

I've been wanting to work this one in..one of god's creations...wow, dude must have dropped acid that day.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 05:58 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 06:01 PM

funny the reason the japanese emperor hirohito wasn't charged with war crimes is because america could have been charged to with war crimes the atom bomb use which killed 250,000 innocent civilians in japan.remember the treaty of versailles?

One. Shame on Reagan.
Cubans, like Mexicans can change their own country if they aren't satisfied.

Two.
Now this topic is going deeper into history.laugh laugh laugh

No sir, you're completely off topic and I do not appreciate it.

Not off topic when you brought Japan the Nazi's and WW2 into the picture....he just exponded upon it......off topic only when it doesn't suit your agenda?

BS BS BS, It's all about war crimes and the lack of oversight by the DIPPIC administration in conducting these wars and not investigating war crimes....

But pathetic defenses here...I'd say more about how immoral some people are but that's just feeding their only way to win: GET A THREAD LOCKED.

KMWHA.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 05:48 PM

funny the reason the japanese emperor hirohito wasn't charged with war crimes is because america could have been charged to with war crimes the atom bomb use which killed 250,000 innocent civilians in japan.remember the treaty of versailles?

One. Shame on Reagan.
Cubans, like Mexicans can change their own country if they aren't satisfied.

Two.
Now this topic is going deeper into history.laugh laugh laugh

No sir, you're completely off topic and I do not appreciate it.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 05:00 PM

AP - Friday, October 22, 2010 3:33:14 PM By RAPHAEL G. SATTER and MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN

"U.S. forces often failed to follow up on credible evidence that Iraqi forces mistreated, tortured and killed their captives in the battle against a violent insurgency, according to accounts contained in what was purportedly the largest leak of secret information in U.S. history.

The documents are among nearly 400,000 released Friday by the WikiLeaks website in defiance of Pentagon insistence that the action puts the lives of U.S. troops and their coalition partners at risk.

Although the documents appear to be authentic, their origin could not be independently confirmed, and WikiLeaks declined to offer any details about them. The Pentagon has previously declined to confirm the authenticity of WikiLeaks-released records, but it has employed more than 100 U.S. analysts to review what was previously released and has never indicated that any past WikiLeaks releases were inaccurate.

The 391,831 documents date from the start of 2004 to Jan. 1, 2010, mostly by low-ranking officers in the field. In terse, dry language, they catalog thousands of battles with insurgents and roadside bomb attacks, along with equipment failures and shootings by civilian contractors.

The documents describe a full gamut of a country at war: shootings at military checkpoints, contractors firing on Iraqis and savage acts committed on prisoners using boiling water, metal rods, electric shocks and rubber hoses. A group that counts casualties from the war said the files also document 15,000 previously unreported deaths.

The United States went to war in part to end the brutality of Saddam Hussein's regime, but the WikiLeaks material depicts American officers caught in a complicated and chaotic conflict in which they often did little but report to their superiors when they found evidence that their Iraqi allies were committing their own abuses.

In some cases, the reports show the U.S. military intervening to protect detainees, but in many others officers did not act on what their troops described as clear evidence of abuse.

Allegations of torture and brutality by Shiite-dominated security forces -- mostly against Sunni prisoners -- were widely reported during the most violent years of the war when the rival Islamic sects turned on one another in Baghdad and other cities. The leaked documents provide a ground's eye view of abuses as reported by U.S. military personnel to their superiors, and appear to corroborate much of the past reporting.

WikiLeaks said it provided unredacted versions of the reports weeks ahead of time to several news organizations, including the New York Times, Le Monde, The Guardian and Der Spiegel. It gave The Associated Press and several other news organizations access to a searchable, redacted database hours before its general release Friday."

More....

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/tech/0/APNews/Tech/20101023/U_WikiLeaks?pageid=1

Alls fair in love and war........your killing people abuse charges are just stupid....its war...nothing pretty about it

Soooo, you obect to prosecuting war crimes? I guess if you'd been in charge there'd have been no Nuremberg trials..NICE! How American! Great values!

Really because I thought making prisoners of war into lamp shades and starving prisoners of war not on the battle field quit different than torturing for information which by the way the other side will show you no mercy.....don't believe our troops have starved anyone......but yeah war is war and its an ugly business and its not for others to determine whether situation warrants excessive force but for our troops that protect the US......I just find it a dbl standard when the oppositions is praised for excessive force....

Now this I find very stupid...you show me where the US Military condones torturing...furthermore it's been found that just by talking to the prisoners yields better info than WATERBOARDING a man 175 times...

I am shocked that ANY American would tarnish our reputations (further) by condoning torture..IT'S WRONG...have any morals at all?

BTW the US prosecuted Japanese soldiers and officers after WW2 that tortured our soldiers...including waterboarding which IS torture. How low a life can one be to approve of torture? That takes the cake...I am shocked. (Not really on this board anymore)

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 04:39 PM

AP - Friday, October 22, 2010 3:33:14 PM By RAPHAEL G. SATTER and MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN

"U.S. forces often failed to follow up on credible evidence that Iraqi forces mistreated, tortured and killed their captives in the battle against a violent insurgency, according to accounts contained in what was purportedly the largest leak of secret information in U.S. history.

The documents are among nearly 400,000 released Friday by the WikiLeaks website in defiance of Pentagon insistence that the action puts the lives of U.S. troops and their coalition partners at risk.

Although the documents appear to be authentic, their origin could not be independently confirmed, and WikiLeaks declined to offer any details about them. The Pentagon has previously declined to confirm the authenticity of WikiLeaks-released records, but it has employed more than 100 U.S. analysts to review what was previously released and has never indicated that any past WikiLeaks releases were inaccurate.

The 391,831 documents date from the start of 2004 to Jan. 1, 2010, mostly by low-ranking officers in the field. In terse, dry language, they catalog thousands of battles with insurgents and roadside bomb attacks, along with equipment failures and shootings by civilian contractors.

The documents describe a full gamut of a country at war: shootings at military checkpoints, contractors firing on Iraqis and savage acts committed on prisoners using boiling water, metal rods, electric shocks and rubber hoses. A group that counts casualties from the war said the files also document 15,000 previously unreported deaths.

The United States went to war in part to end the brutality of Saddam Hussein's regime, but the WikiLeaks material depicts American officers caught in a complicated and chaotic conflict in which they often did little but report to their superiors when they found evidence that their Iraqi allies were committing their own abuses.

In some cases, the reports show the U.S. military intervening to protect detainees, but in many others officers did not act on what their troops described as clear evidence of abuse.

Allegations of torture and brutality by Shiite-dominated security forces -- mostly against Sunni prisoners -- were widely reported during the most violent years of the war when the rival Islamic sects turned on one another in Baghdad and other cities. The leaked documents provide a ground's eye view of abuses as reported by U.S. military personnel to their superiors, and appear to corroborate much of the past reporting.

WikiLeaks said it provided unredacted versions of the reports weeks ahead of time to several news organizations, including the New York Times, Le Monde, The Guardian and Der Spiegel. It gave The Associated Press and several other news organizations access to a searchable, redacted database hours before its general release Friday."

More....

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx/tech/0/APNews/Tech/20101023/U_WikiLeaks?pageid=1

Alls fair in love and war........your killing people abuse charges are just stupid....its war...nothing pretty about it

Soooo, you obect to prosecuting war crimes? I guess if you'd been in charge there'd have been no Nuremberg trials..NICE! How American! Great values!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 12:32 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 12:32 PM

Oh great, yet again these same lame, mostly vague but obvious attempts of the Nazi Stormfront crowd here to claim that they are not an organized group of insurgents and terroritsts....musta been an ex-employee of digruntled customer...JTC, why don't yall just lockstep right up and applaud your soldiers...

Not buying it, never did never will.

Really because I thought it was innocent until proven guilty....not guilty until proven innocent no one is defending any ...group just simply waiting for all the facts to become available as always........if it is a nazi supremacist group then they will be brought to justice just as any individual will....suggestion that u control ur anger before it gets the best of you....

Wow you r calling me a white supremacist amazing when I am a protected class amazing.....not racist just like all the facts before condemning any group of people I actually thought that was American....but then again you only c what u want to c so I won't argue.....quite shocking actually

Who me? I am not angry...nor part of who are POX inspired to commit violences......GOP voter's base.

Yes it's election season and the Nazi's are on the prowl again...oof

Step 2 -Feign attack.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 12:16 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Sat 10/23/10 12:21 PM

Oh great, yet again these same lame, mostly vague but obvious attempts of the Nazi Stormfront crowd here to claim that they are not an organized group of insurgents and terroritsts....musta been an ex-employee of digruntled customer...JTC, why don't yall just lockstep right up and applaud your soldiers...

Really because I thought it was innocent until proven guilty....not guilty until proven innocent no one is defending any ...group just simply waiting for all the facts to become available as always........if it is a nazi supremacist group then they will be brought to justice just as any individual will....suggestion that u control ur anger before it gets the best of you....

Who me? I am not angry...nor part of who are POX inspired to commit violences......the GOP voter's base.

Yes it's election season and the Nazi's are on the prowl again...oof

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 09:49 AM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 09:04 AM

His office is buggered almost weekly. Its what he gets for calling for a boycott of his own state, I have no pity for him. Just a waste of sperm in my opinion.

You're condoning what the OP was talking about because you don't agree with him?

Edit: it seems that many in here are doing the same.

I agree with Emily......no matter what the toxic substance it maybe or not be as it is undergoing testing does not make threatening okay.....but as government employees we expect things like this to happen to our offices and have structured guidlines and policies to follow when instances like these happen........anyone of us on anyday in my office could opening the mail and get something like that....anyplace could...disgruntled employee consumer.....anyone that takes disliking to something...and the culprit should be caught and punished because they are likely to try again and again......it happened to many before it could happen again......they will handle it and the fool will be brought to justice.....I am very sure

Ohhhh, so it's just disgruntled customers or ex-employees...not an organized Nazi network of malcontents, insurgents, and racists. I am so glad we have our Stromfront crowd keeping things in perspective. I am sure they talk about this during their knitting circles.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 07:13 AM

No. What's sad is the wonderful and brilliant potential that is humanity being squandered on stupid superstitious bs. We've killed ourselves off in the name of some non-existant deity. Bravo humanity.
And you really must be new to this...I have no "faith" in anything.

And the 100+ million killed for socialism, do they count? If you actually look at the statistics, more people have been killed in the 20th century by non-religious administrations than were killed in all recorded religious wars. The simple fact of the matter is that humans fight wars and sometimes they use land or resources or property or even religion as an excuse. This isn't my "stupid superstitious bs" talking, it's the facts as determined by historians. Google "democide" (death by government) and read the statistics yourself.

57 million in WWII..I guess you're another duhnier of the damages of Christianity.

It takes a low life to defend a low life belief system.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Sat 10/23/10 07:09 AM

His office is buggered almost weekly. Its what he gets for calling for a boycott of his own state, I have no pity for him. Just a waste of sperm in my opinion.

Agreed they are here illegally and should be sent back home.......they should come back legally.....one thing I don't agree with is that it should be any harder for one ethnicity to gain entry over another.....JMO

Why is this thread being talked about as an immigration issue instead of a Nazi or other terrorists threats to an elected official issue?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25