Community > Posts By > northshore11

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 12:23 PM
I guess it would depend on where he lived. If we were in a state where carrying a concealed weapon is legal and he legally purchased the gun, then I might be okay with it.

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 12:15 PM
Not moving at a green light can be annoying. But there are things that are more dangerous such as running red lights, cutting someone off etc

no photo
Sun 08/02/09 12:08 PM
Sometimes I use stealth mode especially when I'm not looking to meet anyone from a dating site.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 03:20 PM
Having dinner and drinks with some friends.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 03:17 PM
Attention and great sex

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 03:11 PM

Yeah, until we understand and accept that simply having personal preferences is not the same thing as being "shallow" and "superficial," people will continue to misrepresent themselves in droves.

Exactly. The word "shallow" often gets used when a person doesn't match what someone else is looking for. A shallow / superficial person will ONLY care about looks. Caring about looks along with other things ( intelligence, personality etc ) is NOT shallow.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 03:05 PM

If your in a bar can i buy you a drink ?

I wouldn't recommend buying a woman a drink. Some women will use men for free drinks. I have seen it happen many times.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:28 AM
Edited by northshore11 on Fri 07/31/09 09:30 AM
I have dated average looking men because their personality made them more appealing to me.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:26 AM
I was on another dating website with a forum where I felt people were generally more harsh to new posters than they are here.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:20 AM
Some people simply may not want to be a potential step-parent to a child that isn't theirs. If a person is still relatively young, they may not be ready ( maturity or financially ) to help raise a child.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:16 AM
An picture of an attractive man on a magazine may be nice to look at. But I certainly don't expect a man to have super model looks in order for me to date him.

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:09 AM
At this point, I won't be surprised at anyone who tested positive for steroids or any other banned substances.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 10:42 PM
I hope Favre will finally stay retired.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 10:34 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Thu 07/30/09 10:39 PM

1. Return her messages
Many women gauge a man’s interest level by how long it takes him to respond when she contacts him.

2. Kiss her for no reason
As much as they love sex, women also enjoy a nice, deep kiss that doesn’t have any strings attached. This serves two purposes: It lets her indulge in kissing for the sheer pleasure of it, and it also tells her you want her, and not just sex.

3. Dress up for her
Dressing up to take your woman out is an excellent way to impress her.

4. Most women seek a man who is safe, caring, and who has good control of resources to take good care of himself and his family in the future.

5. Someone who’s not boring. Doesn’t matter how good looking you are…if you bore a woman to tears, she’s not gonna stick around–or even give you a chance, for that matter

6. Dance with her
Simply put, dancing with a woman makes her feel special. dirty…

Overall not a bad list. But 3 and 6 aren't that important to me.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 10:20 PM
Edited by northshore11 on Thu 07/30/09 10:21 PM

I agree with F&L, you gave up way too easily. These girls didn't say no, they were hesitant, there's a difference. If you persist, after they say no, that's stalkerish but before? No. You don't know them well at all, there could have been very good reasons they couldn't commit to anything right at that moment.

In my experience, being hesistant can be a sign of disinterest or lukewarm interest at best. If I was interested, but unavailable at the current moment. I would tell a man that I'm busy right now and I would also tell him when I would be available.

Yeah...and in my experience people usually don't say what they mean. Wish I knew people that were honest with their intentions, but half the time I have no clue. Hesitation is not disinterest or lukewarm interest, you don't know what they've been through in past relationships and they could be taking it slow...most of the time that has been my experience.

I guess we will agree to disagree. If a person is hesistant, I might give them the benefit of the doubt the first time. But if I ask them out a second time and they are still hesistant, then I will move on. I don't want to spend several weeks talking to someone just to find out that there is no connection when we met. Or in other cases not even meet. That is counterproductive.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 08:06 PM
Not men or women play games.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 07:52 PM
On dating sites, looks / photos are often the most important thing. This can apply to both genders. I think many people would rather date a "9" of an instead of a "6" that has a better personality, more intelligent, more compatible etc.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 02:57 PM

Either that or become 6-8 inches taller.laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 02:47 PM
I like my current age.

no photo
Thu 07/30/09 02:42 PM
Vanilla and chocolate.